inFAMOUS 2 Hype thread (56k) 7.5 @ GS - KEEP IT HERE!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2151 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

So, this post is still going on.. 2100+ posts, 107 pages and all 9-10 "USER REVIEWS", here on GS. People in this thread gushing about the game. How many 7.5 games get this reception? Tom McShea I hope you read all this. Next time do a proper review! I am sure glad gamers have seen past GS scores, but I can't help feel sorry for the poor souls who won't pick this up now because of his score.

Just funny how this post is always on the front page even all through E3... for a "7.5 game" .... seems to be getting a AAA posts and praise.

Midnightshade29

It's a 7.5 in his house. get over it. The score isn't going to change and constantly bringing outside reviews into this is lame. It's a good game enjoy it and stop letting one sites opinion get you all out of sorts. It flopped here and the world kept spinning.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2152 heretrix

So is the game worth a buy? I see that many people are saying that its GOTY material, but the 7.5 review gives me some doubts.

gaming25

GOTY material? HELL NO. It's a lot of fun but it has no chance against the upcoming games later in the year.

Is it worth a buy? Hell yes, the mission creator alone is pretty damn awesome. The actual game still has it's issues but hell, they actually got me to like Zeke this time around . It's definitely a must play.

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2153 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

it deserves that score if for no other reason than making me tap tap tappy up the damn buildings again.

they knew everyone hated that they put the electric launch lines up the side of the buildings to fix it then only put them on one out of every 30 buildings.

i was so happy they said that was going to be fixed and here i am doing the ol' building hop 80% of the time AGAIN!

maybe this game does deserve a better score than 7.5 but not by much. maybe an 8 or so would be more accurate.

Riverwolf007

Is this a joke? Hes not spiderman...how else would you get up? the tapping X doesnt bother me at all...

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2154 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

[QUOTE="eboyishere"]still my GOTY contender...it could honestly go toe to toe with UC3 as ps3 top exclusive...well seemonsterzero789

Personally, Uncharted 3 isn't even competition. I bought Uncharted 2a month ago and found it to be a sub par title. Ionly have11 games on the PS3 and I placed Uncharted 2 in10th place.The forseeable competition in my eyes would be Rayman Origins, The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, and Batman Arkham Asylum

Quoting this as one of THE most retarded things ever said in SW

Oops! thanks for catching my mistake. I put Arkham Asylum instead of Arkham City.

P.S. In all seriousness, what I posted was for personal game of the year not what will actually happen

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2156 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

I've always said the same thing about Hype threads, but people don't listen. Again, you seem to focus on just one side of the problem, dwelling on factions...theownageshould be on those that Hyped the game, not a faction. There were proper 2007 threads which posted peoples Names in every category in the OP : AAA Hypers , AA Hypers, etc. That's the way to do it. I don't even use the animal names in my posts for instance.

Your interest in HackingPSNandInFamousseemed to me that you were rocking a PS3, I guess not, though. Well, I hope your what I saw as extreme curiosity in theInFamous2 for PS3 isn't too dampened by GS's score. :P I myself don't post too often in game threads I'm not interested in, so I figure you probably are the same. On the plus side,InFamous2 got a "9", so maybe check that one out. :PMetacriticas both games in the AA category, I do believe, if you are interested.

Since you asked me a question, I will answer. As far as you "changing your routine" and deciding to buy the machines and play all the greatest games this generation and becoming a manticore, it's mid-2011... If you don't have all or most of the systems by now and have went by this generation skipping the best games on a variety of platforms, it's probably too late now to try and appear however it is you want to appear ;). :P I can't imagine skipping out on a lot of the games I played this generation from Halo 3 to Halo Reach to GeoW to Super Mario Galaxy to StarCraft 2 to Uncharted 2 to LBP...but, I felt the exact same way last generation, and I was apart of GC, XBOX, Dreamcast, PC, GBA, PS2 SW last generation as well. So many wonderful titles to have played. SW back then, there were no achievements or trophies, so people would ask you about boss fights and level questions to qualify if you played a game, even if you posted pictures of your collection. Good times in SW then...some folks though just stuck to their guns, rocking out last generation and this generation with one machine, and good for them. :P

All I can say is to play games, formulate your opinion on those games, and stand by your convictions. However, don't be too rigid...Be open minded, as you may learn a thing or two from time to time. Sometimes, throw in some commentary about how you like to see some changes with companies, sayCapcom and their new DLC policies,Activisions milkage of the COD brand, or the frustrating state of genres in gaming. If people get angry and try to get personal, just remember that's how you feel, and you posted what you believed. There is no need to appear anything, just post from your heart. We are all just users that play games in the end, with our own perspectives, each and every one of us. When I speak, I speak from my experience with games, that's all we can do in the end. If people take offense to you, Blue, well, there isn't much you can do...that's just the nature of people, especially when famous posters. Love is felt with popularity, but so is the Hatorade juice. It's potent, and I can't think of one celeb, or even Game site reviewer (like here atGamespot.com ) that doesn't have their fair share of haters and fans. So, If I were you, I wouldn't do anything that doesn't come natural to you....just be yourself, you will get a ton of wonderful friends (like I have over the years) and maybe a few haters (usually stems from jealousy, even if subconscious), but the friendships are worth the effort. I can say this in Real Life and over the web. In fact, I'm the Best Man at a Wedding this Saturday, and I've been the Best Man in quite a few weddings actually. You just have to be true to yourself, put yourself out there, and of course, loyalty is key. ;) Unfortunately, some people will always see what they want to see, but that's the power of perception...and sometimes propaganda I guess. :P

Besides, the forum needs people like you. ;) :P

*Polishes off my shinysig*

Wall o'text.

I didn't launch a passionate defense, I barely even posted in this thread at all, I have been Passionate on SW, and this was not even close to passionate :lol:...especially compared to other threads at Gamespot.com and the interwebs. The only passion I even may be involved with was when you asked me a question for advice and I nicely took time out of my day to actually take the time to post. That was actually the only big huge post I made in this thread, and it was for your sake, since you asked me a question. :P I do these nice things when I have the time, but I sometimes am too busy to answer. I made some time for you, good buddy. :P

I can say though, you are very passionate though about this PS3 exclusiveInFamous 2, a game I just found out from you, that you aren't even planning to play nor do you even own a PS3 after all these years, yet you are up in this InFamous 2 thread fiercely! I noticed that with some folks, they really are interested heavily in games they will never play, at it turns out from my conversations with them. That's not what I'm into, to each their own. :P

In your posts with me today and in general, you seem to use a lot of terms for factions like 'cows did this' and 'Cows did that'. I feel like perhaps, although this is just word of mouth, that these 'evil cows' are just something I need to watch out for while I'm on the planet, from what I've heard of them. It sounds bad, I hope that they get what is obviously coming to them, good or bad. Lucky for me I guess, I'm not too invested, nor do I go lean to heavily to hearsay when I post, or even react in life. You don't see my posts pointing at the factions, but that's just me. :P

I would have to say, you are just wrong about a lot of things regarding me, as you don't have proper perspective nor context. The thing is, you can't ever know the entire situation sadly when it comes to the rules. Which is a lot due to this particular venue (Gamespot.com), and let's not forget, we are discussing Infamous 2. I would ask that you try to refrain from getting so personal and so serious, as this is a Gaming site, and we are discussing Infamous 2, not myself...lol. I keep it as real as I can though, despite the venue, although it's not easy. :P There is A LOT that goes on that gets swept under the rug sometimes, and people wouldn't know it if they went back to threads, since posts are deleted, etc. :( I'm glad you are glad for my popularity and friendships though.:) I'm just so happy. ;) :P I'm very pleased that we are both happy. :P

Well, have fun talking about Infamous 2 in this thread about Infamous 2...;) :P

lol I don't think I mentionned cows at all talking to you in that conversation! I said "non-cows" once if that counts and didn't know that not owning a system prevented you from discussing a platform or its games ... surely thats what SW is based on! Theres platform specific boards for people who just want to discuss with other owners. You're right tho, it should never get personal, nor serious (although you do rather get personal in the post you say not do so, but i guess thats beside the point lol)
rumbalumba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2157 rumbalumba
Member since 2011 • 2445 Posts

It's a 7.5 in his house. get over it. The score isn't going to change and constantly bringing outside reviews into this is lame. It's a good game enjoy it and stop letting one sites opinion get you all out of sorts. It flopped here and the world kept spinning.

heretrix

because we will now again see, for thr 4th consecutive year, a Call Of Duty game receiving a 9.0-9.5 score. seriously, no one is even complaining about CoD's very short campaign, and a ton of issues with it.

but with inFamous 2 they nitpick on things like 'the black and white screen before dying' which can be fixed in 1 second by recharging. or pacing issues in an open-world game (this is an open world game. you freaking pace yourself!).

does that even make sense to you?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2158 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20147 Posts

Just beat it on Hero mode. The review is WAY OFF! 9.0 from me. Story was excellent.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2159 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
Found out something. Once you beat the game on both sides, you get access to ALL of the powers. That's right. ALL of them. :D
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2160 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Found out something. Once you beat the game on both sides, you get access to ALL of the powers. That's right. ALL of them. :Dmrmusicman247

Only one you really need: KILL EVERYONE.

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2161 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

Found out something. Once you beat the game on both sides, you get access to ALL of the powers. That's right. ALL of them. :Dmrmusicman247

wait what? WHAT? what is this?....i dont even......

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2162 eboyishere

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

[QUOTE="monsterzero789"]

Quoting this as one of THE most retarded things ever said in SW

monsterzero789

Oops! thanks for catching my mistake. I put Arkham Asylum instead of Arkham City.

P.S. In all seriousness, what I posted was for personal game of the year not what will actually happen

I could care less what you think GOTY is as your opinion is pretty weak after saying Uncharted 2 is 10th out of your lousy stable of 11 games on the ps3.

play nice kids..

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2163 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

it deserves that score if for no other reason than making me tap tap tappy up the damn buildings again.

they knew everyone hated that they put the electric launch lines up the side of the buildings to fix it then only put them on one out of every 30 buildings.

i was so happy they said that was going to be fixed and here i am doing the ol' building hop 80% of the time AGAIN!

maybe this game does deserve a better score than 7.5 but not by much. maybe an 8 or so would be more accurate.

SRTtoZ

Is this a joke? Hes not spiderman...how else would you get up? the tapping X doesnt bother me at all...

it bugs me because last time out this game went head to head with prototype and in prototype getting to the top of a bulding was fun because you just sprint up the side of the building and in infamous you tap the jump button 2 dozen times.

it's just lame and annoying.

rumbalumba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2164 rumbalumba

it bugs me because last time out this game went head to head with prototype and in prototype getting to the top of a bulding was fun because you just sprint up the side of the building and in infamous you tap the jump button 2 dozen times.

it's just lame and annoying.

Riverwolf007

then play some more. don't bash it yet if you're on the first part of the game. do you even have the game? there are a ton of ways to get to the top of a building faster. heck, by the latter half of the game i barely touch the ground.

play the game more, or buy the game first before bashing it.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2165 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

Nonstop-Madness
once you get the ice launch, car launch and lighting hook, moving around is 10x better and more fun.

Besides, the first Infamous was the same as far as building climbing. That one got a 9.0. It wasnt even an issue with the reviewer anyway.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2166 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

rumbalumba

because we will now again see, for thr 4th consecutive year, a Call Of Duty game receiving a 9.0-9.5 score. seriously, no one is even complaining about CoD's very short campaign, and a ton of issues with it.

but with inFamous 2 they nitpick on things like 'the black and white screen before dying' which can be fixed in 1 second by recharging. or pacing issues in an open-world game (this is an open world game. you freaking pace yourself!).

To be honest I couldn't care less. I don't give a rats flabby ass about review scores as I'm confident enough in my own taste in games not to give a squat what anybody else thinks about a game I find interesting.

Case in point, the first Mass Effect game flopped here. I disagreed with the score (and quite a few other scores from GS) but it in no way bothered me to the point where I had to incessantly whine about it on these boards. COD and God of War score consistently high around the Internet but I can't stand them. Does it bother me? Hell no. What do I care, it's just someones else's opinion. These guys don't get paid to agree with me. As long as the review is decently written and they got their facts straight, it's all good.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2167 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

So I just did the mission where Nix takes you into the swamp in a boat, and at the end I saw I got bad karma for injuring 2 civilians...in a swamp. Full of militia and monsters.

Guess the karma system is still jacked.

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2168 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

Just finished inFamous 2 being a hero. After playing the game I couldn't agree more that the Reviewers opinion of giving it a 7.5 is flat out wrong. Now by no means is this game perfect there are some small issue's with the karma system and the camera does occassionally screw you up. But that being said this game deserves a solid point higher then he gave it.

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2170 expanded
Member since 2003 • 8430 Posts

So I just did the mission where Nix takes you into the swamp in a boat, and at the end I saw I got bad karma for injuring 2 civilians...in a swamp. Full of militia and monsters.

Cherokee_Jack
civilians can't be camping :P ? nah karma system is easy.. you can actually play 3/4 good.. and in the end go bad.. and you can.. just gotta do a good amount of evil things
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2171 Cherokee_Jack

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

expanded

civilians can't be camping :P ? nah karma system is easy.. you can actually play 3/4 good.. and in the end go bad.. and you can.. just gotta do a good amount of evil things

It still has the same glitches from the last game, though. I remember getting Evil karma for one of the sewer missions in the first game, also involving some imaginary civilians that I supposedly hurt...

The karma was one of the main things I wanted them to fix, along with the jankiness of climbing in some areas. There seem to be only minor improvements to both of those issues.

Cheesehead9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2172 Cheesehead9099
Member since 2008 • 2849 Posts

[QUOTE="rumbalumba"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

heretrix

To be honest I couldn't care less. I don't give a rats flabby ass about review scores as I'm confident enough in my own taste in games not to give a squat what anybody else thinks about a game I find interesting.

Case in point, the first Mass Effect game flopped here. I disagreed with the score (and quite a few other scores from GS) but it in no way bothered me to the point where I had to incessantly whine about it on these boards. COD and God of War score consistently high around the Internet but I can't stand them. Does it bother me? Hell no. What do I care, it's just someones else's opinion. These guys don't get paid to agree with me. As long as the review is decently written and they got their facts straight, it's all good.

I agree with you for the most part, but I'm sort of annoyed that this game will now sell much less and SP will not profit as much as they'd want to from this gem of a game all because Tom was harsh on it, and then CoD will get 9.0 and everyone will flock out to buy it.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2173 Cherokee_Jack

I agree with you for the most part, but I'm sort of annoyed that this game will now sell much lessCheesehead9099

...No it won't. Not at all

People look at Metacritic, not Gamespot. The percentage of people who really had an intent to buy, then saw just the GS score and went "Welp, guess I don't want this game after all because it didn't get a 9" is negligible.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2174 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12333 Posts

[QUOTE="Cheesehead9099"]I agree with you for the most part, but I'm sort of annoyed that this game will now sell much lessCherokee_Jack

...No it won't. Not at all

People look at Metacritic, not Gamespot. The percentage of people who really had an intent to buy, then saw just the GS score and went "Welp, guess I don't want this game after all because it didn't get a 9" is negligible.

Well ..... IGN, Joystiq, Gametrailers and Game Informer gave very good reviews. Even if you go onto GS, the user reviews and critics reviews are like 10pts higher than GS. I just beat the game and GS really screwed the rating. I would say at minimum a 8.5, I would give it a 9.
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2175 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I just finish the game on good karma and i have to admit that I prefer the first one. It's still a great game but it's a lot more repetitive then the first one. Even on hard this game is too easy and the boss fights were awful, way too easy. The storyline is good but it can't beat the whole cole vs kessler thing.

I'm a bit dissapointed because it didn't met my own hype but the game is still a 9/10 for me and it does improve in more ways then one over the first one

rumbalumba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2176 rumbalumba

I just finish the game on good karma and i have to admit that I prefer the first one. It's still a great game but it's a lot more repetitive then the first one. Even on hard this game is too easy and the boss fights were awful, way too easy. The storyline is good but it can't beat the whole cole vs kessler thing.

I'm a bit dissapointed because it didn't met my own hype but the game is still a 9/10 for me and it does improve in more ways then one over the first one

da_illest101

really? if anything, the side missions are more varied this time around. i mean, searching for cameras on a building or an escort mission from inFamous 1 were everywhere.

WasacreOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2177 WasacreOL
Member since 2008 • 391 Posts

Sooo I recently bought a copy of inFamous 2 and since i'm from asa, it's aregion 3.

It comes with a code that unlockes the kessler skin, gold amp, and the 2 other powers.

My question is, do we get the uncharted 3 beta? if so, how?

mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2178 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts

da_illest101
how the hell is is this one more repetitive?!?! Go back and replay Infamous 1 for a few hours lol
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2179 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
I really don't get this review. Im going to get this one because i loved the first one but i really wanted to know about the powers, story, side missions, stuff we collect, replay value.etc none of that is mentioned in the review, why? All i heard is black and white and camera getting in the way the entire review thats it. :S oh well, good to hear people's impressions which makes me even more excited to get the game now. Will be getting the hero edition sometime this month.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2180 deactivated-594be627b82ba
[QUOTE="da_illest101"]

mD-
how the hell is is this one more repetitive?!?! Go back and replay Infamous 1 for a few hours lol

i refinished the first one before playing the second one. I find you have to fight the same mini boss a lot more times then in the first one. at least I wasn't bored or anything but I asked myself how many time do I have to kill a crusher or a devourer in a side mission.
gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2181 gaming25
Member since 2010 • 6181 Posts
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="rumbalumba"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

I understand what you are saying, but this is just SW, and a hype thread at that. I doubt if anyone is really all that ticked off about the review as you think.
Glitch321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2183 Glitch321
Member since 2003 • 913 Posts
[QUOTE="da_illest101"]

mD-

Haha, yeah. The first game was more repetitive. I do miss the platforming levels that infamous one had but I really liked this game. I don't listen to reviews and got this game because I loved the first game. Forget the GS score if you loved the first game. This game is awesome.
Glitch321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2184 Glitch321
Member since 2003 • 913 Posts

I always find it funny that the people that try and defend a game about an unjust low score are those that already have it and are loving it. Isn't that all the matters? Not a number associated with a game from some random person making a post on a gaming site, but what you actually think of the game yourself?

Don't let a review bum you out. Just ignore it and go back to playing your awesome game!

CajunShooter
I agree with people defending this game. Forget the system wars crap for a minute. The reason people should defend this game is because it's such a shame on the developers. They made such an awesome game and they get mediocre reviews for their hard work. I agree with giving low scores to games that deserve it but this game doesn't.
TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2185 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts
I'm coming down to the home stretch on my first play through. Man...what a game. And I think Cole and Zeke are the new dymanic duo of gaming. Sucker Punch did an excellent job of building on their friendship.
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2186 SRTtoZ

I'm coming down to the home stretch on my first play through. Man...what a game. And I think Cole and Zeke are the new dymanic duo of gaming. Sucker Punch did an excellent job of building on their friendship.TheMoreYouOwn

Bingo! I am at the end I think...THE BEAST is about 300 miles away and I just got the ice abilities...holy awesomenessssss! Ice launch is amazing...its honestly almost like flying. Anyway after this I am definetly doing an Evil run through as well.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2187 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50608 Posts
I really don't get this review. Im going to get this one because i loved the first one but i really wanted to know about the powers, story, side missions, stuff we collect, replay value.etc none of that is mentioned in the review, why? All i heard is black and white and camera getting in the way the entire review thats it. :S oh well, good to hear people's impressions which makes me even more excited to get the game now. Will be getting the hero edition sometime this month.XxSTILL_BORNxX
I'm on mission 35 and the camera literally has yet to get in my way. Some people say that it has got on their way a couple times, but it doesn't seem to be a problem.
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2188 SRTtoZ

[QUOTE="XxSTILL_BORNxX"]I really don't get this review. Im going to get this one because i loved the first one but i really wanted to know about the powers, story, side missions, stuff we collect, replay value.etc none of that is mentioned in the review, why? All i heard is black and white and camera getting in the way the entire review thats it. :S oh well, good to hear people's impressions which makes me even more excited to get the game now. Will be getting the hero edition sometime this month.Chutebox
I'm on mission 35 and the camera literally has yet to get in my way. Some people say that it has got on their way a couple times, but it doesn't seem to be a problem.

It got in my way literally twice the entire game up to this point...and usually just from doing crazy jumps and maneuvers trying to collect shards. Its a complete non issue...

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2189 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]I'm coming down to the home stretch on my first play through. Man...what a game. And I think Cole and Zeke are the new dymanic duo of gaming. Sucker Punch did an excellent job of building on their friendship.SRTtoZ

Bingo! I am at the end I think...THE BEAST is about 300 miles away and I just got the ice abilities...holy awesomenessssss! Ice launch is amazing...its honestly almost like flying. Anyway after this I am definetly doing an Evil run through as well.

Ummm... If you just got ice powers, then you're only half way through the game. Ice launch is truly a god send in this game for sure. Your mobility is just amazing with that thing

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2190 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="XxSTILL_BORNxX"]I really don't get this review. Im going to get this one because i loved the first one but i really wanted to know about the powers, story, side missions, stuff we collect, replay value.etc none of that is mentioned in the review, why? All i heard is black and white and camera getting in the way the entire review thats it. :S oh well, good to hear people's impressions which makes me even more excited to get the game now. Will be getting the hero edition sometime this month.SRTtoZ

It got in my way literally twice the entire game up to this point...and usually just from doing crazy jumps and maneuvers trying to collect shards. Its a complete non issue...

As i said, good to hear the impressions of the fellow gaming community. It just makes me wonder if that was a review or just a preview, lol. Anyways, im excited to get it sometime this month. Looks like its going to be really good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2191 deactivated-594be627b82ba

[QUOTE="SRTtoZ"]

[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]I'm coming down to the home stretch on my first play through. Man...what a game. And I think Cole and Zeke are the new dymanic duo of gaming. Sucker Punch did an excellent job of building on their friendship.Pikminmaniac

Ummm... If you just got ice powers, then you're only half way through the game. Ice launch is truly a god send in this game for sure. Your mobility is just amazing with that thing

I'm abit worried about playing with the fire powers, ice launch is really a blessing
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2192 eboyishere

i just got to the part were kuo discovered her powers.....i spent hours trying to understand the UGC WITH NO MANUAL

i could only publish one but check it out if you have a chance, it's just a battle fight in the town square by the casino's directly across zeke's and cole's place on the first area...... and it's called

A night in new marias

tell me if it's too easy or too hard please :oops:

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2193 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

I can't make heads or tails out of the mission creator, wish the game had a tutorial like in LBP. Well Im too occupied by the SP so I wont bother with UGC for quite some time, next to Yakuza 4 it's the most entertaining game I have played this year. I liked Cole in the first game but yeah he was really generic as far as new characters go but in inFAMOUS 2 they really made his character complete, and also Zeke. Both make a great duo.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2194 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50608 Posts

This game was a 9 for me until the ending. Now it's 9.5. That's how you do a frigging game! Loved it!!!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2195 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61515 Posts

Man... I'm hating Cole's new voice-actor. Game is sweet though.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2196 Cherokee_Jack

lundy86_4

He tones it down later. Or maybe I just got used to it, I don't know.

Either way, it sucks.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2197 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

I'm a bit into it now. 8.5 for me. I think the GS review was kind of harsh, but its just one guy's opinion.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2198 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61515 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Cherokee_Jack

He tones it down later. Or maybe I just got used to it, I don't know.

Either way, it sucks.

I hope so. I just don't find him as convincing as the original. The original had a much more gruff tone, which I think suited the character more. Ahhhh well, i'll get used to it :P

strangeisland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2199 strangeisland
Member since 2009 • 1153 Posts

how's the story? does it address your relation with Kessler [spoiler] like how you became him/why you changed your name:P [/spoiler]

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2200 heretrix

i just got to the part were kuo discovered her powers.....i spent hours trying to understand the UGC WITH NO MANUAL

i could only publish one but check it out if you have a chance, it's just a battle fight in the town square by the casino's directly across zeke's and cole's place on the first area...... and it's called

A night in new marias

tell me if it's too easy or too hard please :oops:

eboyishere

I love the mission editor but Sucker Punch is really dropping the ball with the support. The You tube tutorials are terrible and there is no written documentation to be found yet. Even so, I've slowly gotten used to it and I'm learning by focusing on things like pathing and NPC behavior instead of trying to do an entire mission, which I've done but I wanted to increase the scope of it and ran into a major brick wall....