Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151 SeaofSalt
Member since 2018 • 111 Posts
@Vodoo said:

@Bread_or_Decide: Exactly. Don Mattrick closed ALL of MS's 1st party studios except Rare, 343, Turn 10, and the Gears guys. That guy single handedly killed a platform by thinking 3rd party timed exclusives were the way. He put all the effort into Kinect, that NOBODY asked for or wanted, and it didn't even function as advertised. I think he just wanted a way to watch NFL games by voice, lol.

While Phil Spencer is a much better guy for the job, I feel Mattrick did to much damage. They have the franchises that they could do sequels to, but they don't have the talent in-house anymore. And it's not like you can just start up a triple-A studio. It takes years of people working together to get great.

They should take the Halo and Gears teams and put them on new ip's. Everybody and their mother is sick of playing those games anyway. Shelve them for a decade and make some new stuff.

I agree, they obviously have talented developers but they're just stuck in a rut. I mean look at Guerrilla Games producing the same crappy Killzone games one after another, and then they're given creative license to do something else and now we have Horizon.

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 nomadic8280
Member since 2017 • 476 Posts

I play Xbox, and I laughed. People need to lighten up.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#153 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

@quadknight: So you're afraid of words and you handle pictures better?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#154 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

A little tongue and cheek never hurt, but looks bad from a major gaming media site.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#155 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

The Sony fannies are now trying to pass this off as acceptable behavior from a major gaming media site. When fanboys nonsense starts to rollover to journalism to this extent it only bring credence to media bias conspiracy in gaming. To pretend that this is not professional behavior for a site that is supposed to be independent is simply silly. If Sony did this it would have been simply expected and a golden opportunity on their part but it was IGN.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#156 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts
@Pedro said:

The Sony fannies are now trying to pass this off as acceptable behavior from a major gaming media site. When fanboys nonsense starts to rollover to journalism to this extent it only bring credence to media bias conspiracy in gaming. To pretend that this is not professional behavior for a site that is supposed to be independent is simply silly. If Sony did this it would have been simply expected and a golden opportunity on their part but it was IGN.

So it's cool when Sea Of Thieves jokes about day 1 patches?

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@Pedro: your fanboy meltdown about a stupid joke is amusing, keep at it.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts
@Pedro said:

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

Lol people offended over this. Meanwhile Wendy's twitter doesn't give a damn and stays going off.

Everyone has to get offended now

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Pedro

Typical stupidity from the regular Sony fannies. Do you guys even think before typing?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Ant_17
@stereointegrity said:

Lol people offended over this. Meanwhile Wendy's twitter doesn't give a damn and stays going off.

Wendy and the Kaz twitter are the best.

TTB1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 TTB1
Member since 2011 • 96 Posts

Holy crap people are sensitive. I don't see it as anything more than a challenge to do better. To demand someone's head over this seems way out of line. We have really lost our constitutional ideals.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

The uploader must have selected the wrong picture by accident.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#164 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

The problem is it really isn't funny, creative or new. It's old and you can find it on any dog Sh*t youtube channel going back 15 years.

Bigger problem is Ryan, Destin and many at IGN have been pounding their chests saying they are above Fanboy BS console war and there is no media bias. And then their company's social media pages throws gas on the console war fire.

It's not a good look. Gamespot has no problem with their bias and you can expect it. But I don't come here for news or reviews. IGN is supposed to be the biggest and best. (At least according to them)

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

To think someone could actually lose their job over something like this is ridiculous. Jesus, to think someone even had to apologize makes me nauseous.

Poor taste and unprofessional? Are you serious? It's a picture of a game and of nothing. Not a picture of a dead body hanging in the woods, not a picture a Syrian refugee boy dead on a beach, or any other things to possibly be legitimately upset about. No. It's a picture of the truth...related to a damn video game and a console manufacturer's inability to provide content to their fanbase. Maybe it just hurts more now that the "the most reputable gaming editorial in the industry" is saying it too. Damn, with all of IGN's credibility and professionalism, maybe it's true? Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Maybe sort out your priorities? I would suggest a tampon change while you are at it. Your false outrage is leaking out.

I'm sorry, but the professional gaming sites ignoring what Microsoft has caused seems much more unprofessional to me.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

@danjammer69: Maybe you should check your own tampon while you're at it.

Your own bias against Xbox is fine. An "unbiased" site like IGN claims to be should be above that. You're trying to justify journalism fanboying because it makes you feel better about being one yourself. That smell on you is called insecurity.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@babyjoker1221 said:

@danjammer69: Maybe you should check your own tampon while you're at it.

Your own bias against Xbox is fine. An "unbiased" site like IGN claims to be should be above that. You're trying to justify journalism fanboying because it makes you feel better about being one yourself. That smell on you is called insecurity.

Lol, well said.

Could you imagine the reaction from some people on here if it was the other way around and it was PS? It'd be a cow stampede!

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#169 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts
@blueinheaven said:

You want someone to get sacked for this? Seriously? Dude you really, really need to get a life.

^This. Also...

@goldenelementxl said:

Some of you think too highly of IGN

^This. And....

@n64dd said:

The fact this is offensive shows people have become pussies.

^This 100% agree with all of the above.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@Ant_17 said:
@stereointegrity said:

Wendy and the Kaz twitter are the best.

at least someone recognizes

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Trust me no one is really offended. It's more so that IGN scoffs at the notion of any media bias. And puts down Fanboyism. That lame lil joke just proves otherwise.

It really just shows that yes there is a bias that goes back to before the One even came out and yes they are fanboys themselves adding fuel to the fire.

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts

I see lems haven't gotten over this yet. Might I suggest playing some exclusives to make you forget? lmao

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

IGN did that on purpose to generate more clicks and they know hardcore fanboys will take the bait too easy. It's a dick move, but this is how a salesman do it's job lol.

I haven't been back to IGN since 2011 and haven't return since. Gamespot happens to be my only gaming site I enjoy coming and this is my home. Gaming home that is :)

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Lol how is that offensive in any way, shape, or form? People are such soft pansies these days. Btw, they arent wrong. That picture pretty much sums up why i buy playstation over xbox

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

If I remember correctly, IGN dud the same thing to Sony, so move on Xbox Fanatics.

However, the uprising is from the same fanatics that are suing over Spiderman on the PS4.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#176 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@the-a-baum said:

Trust me no one is really offended. It's more so that IGN scoffs at the notion of any media bias. And puts down Fanboyism. That lame lil joke just proves otherwise.

It really just shows that yes there is a bias that goes back to before the One even came out and yes they are fanboys themselves adding fuel to the fire.

At the beginning of last gen, game journalism websites were way harsher on Sony and the PS3.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@tigerbalm: Suing over Spider-Man...? I haven't heard about this.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

Hilarious, what a world we live in where people got triggered by this and that someone seriously apologized for it.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#179 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Microsoft asked for this by giving us nothing good. They overhyped crap like Sea of Thieves and pretend Cuphead is the second coming of The Last of Us.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

@vfighter: Yes, if I can find the video I will post link.

ChrisChronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 ChrisChronos
Member since 2017 • 181 Posts

They didn't screw up, they had an opinion on a gaming console that is failing. :( And it's the truth.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

That's pretty funny for IGN. Shame if someone is disciplined for it.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@biack_goku said:

I see lems haven't gotten over this yet. Might I suggest playing some exclusives to make you forget? lmao

I don't even know why a fanbase that tells us every single day that exclusives don't matter are upset about this. I mean, guys... the exclusives don't matter, amirite? Guys?

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#184  Edited By sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

It's not about "getting triggered." They are a gaming website, and a leader (unfortunately) in the industry. IGN is held to a high standard in that they are supposed to provide reviews, news, etc., from a neutral standpoint - meaning they cannot do stupid shit like this. It's funny for us, but not by a company in the industry. We bitch and moan about being taken seriously as a medium in the entertainment industry, then say "why get triggered?"

I laughed, I thought it was funny. But it was in poor taste.

And IGN reputable? Please. They belong in the same waste basket as Polygon.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

It's a lame joke/meme that turned funny only because it came from a profesionnal website lol.

ChrisChronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By ChrisChronos

It isn't unprofessional to give an honest opinion and to tell the truth. :) Xbone is severely lacking in the games department. Joke away people. Or MS will never learn and Xbone will continue to be a gameless console for the rest of it's remaining lifespan.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts
@getyeryayasout said:

Aren't they clever. lol

While it may seem trivial to you or me, I'm sure MS didn't appreciate the biggest gaming site on the Web making their billion dollar gaming division the butt of the joke.

Oh man, poor Microsoft.

Avatar image for GiveMeSomething
GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 GiveMeSomething
Member since 2007 • 1323 Posts
@n64dd said:

The fact this is offensive shows people have become pussies.

I blame the bullying campaigns, made people think victimazing is ok. Just grow a pair and stop being so sensitive (as in fight the **** back)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Pedro

@chrischronos said:

It isn't unprofessional to give an honest opinion and to tell the truth. :) Xbone is severely lacking in the games department. Joke away people. Or MS will never learn and Xbone will continue to be a gameless console for the rest of it's remaining lifespan.

Obviously you don't know the meaning of gameless but I am not surprised.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#191 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Thought it was funny. Crapgamer has done similar things. Big deal.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

A. There should be no need to apologize

B. People who get offended by it need to get their priorities in line

C. The apology came because of $

ChrisChronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 ChrisChronos
Loading Video...

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Ant_17

@chrischronos:Wow, i completely forgot about that dead rising 4 thing. And it took me a while to figure it out why people were crying about it.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

@jdc6305: well yea there is no pvp, its god of war. also, there are cool things to find like runic attacks that completely change up combat and new abilities to unlock like the boy being able to summon spirit animal attacks