IF Halo 4 was announced at E3 this year, would that be enough to take the show?

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts
[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"]HALO 3.5? Nah... Give me something new Bungie. Enough of the generic FPS's already.Dibdibdobdobo

the entire halo series got 9+ and it's just another generic FPS game?

Denial much?

Halo is generic like every FPS out there. I'm not saying thats a bad thing but people kid themselves when they say FPS are not generic. Last innovative FP game which i played is Metroid Prime 3.

MP3 flopped, so i guess its not THAT innovative... :roll:

Thepla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Thepla
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts

if a new zelda is announced too; the universe will explodeCyberfairy

HAHA not a chance.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#103 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

Halo is generic like every FPS out there. I'm not saying thats a bad thing but people kid themselves when they say FPS are not generic. Last innovative FP game which i played is Metroid Prime 3.

Dibdibdobdobo

"Generic" in itself is such a generic criticism. What makes it generic exactly? It has a unique art style, after all. So what is it? The presence of guns? Aliens? Soldiers?

FPS is the only genre i know where the simple essential componants of the genre are criticised as "generic." If it's a good game, it's a good game. Simple.

papi_lekker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 papi_lekker
Member since 2008 • 360 Posts

too soon for halo 4. way too soon. halo 3 came out 10 months ago, its way too early to show something that is worth halo 3's successor right now. even if halo 4 comes out, i think its going to be a prequel and not a sequel. Bungie will announce a new IP, not halo 4, i see halo 4 announced after halo wars and the peter jackson project are released. xbox 720 anyone?

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Ninja-Hippo
If they do show it, it'll just be a cinematic trailer. Bungie make a new engine for every game, so they wont be anywhere near ready to show off anything at this stage; unless they decide to break with tradition and use the Halo 3 engine.
papi_lekker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 papi_lekker
Member since 2008 • 360 Posts
If they do show it, it'll just be a cinematic trailer. Bungie make a new engine for every game, so they wont be anywhere near ready to show off anything at this stage; unless they decide to break with tradition and use the Halo 3 engine.Ninja-Hippo
i think if they upgrade halo 3's engine is way more than enough. halo 3 is one of the best looking titles for xbox 360. they just need to higher the resolution, do some 4xaa and done.
fjburgos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 fjburgos
Member since 2008 • 681 Posts
Nope, but if they anuced a very popular last gen like god of war, and make aremake to this consoles weill stole the show people already now what halo is in next gen console there is not going to be a lot of hype like halo 3 was, but will be in the top 5 best moments thats for sure, maybe top 3.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
If they do show it, it'll just be a cinematic trailer. Bungie make a new engine for every game, so they wont be anywhere near ready to show off anything at this stage; unless they decide to break with tradition and use the Halo 3 engine.Ninja-Hippo
No, they dont technically make a new engine. Bungie has one in-house engine that they use. It just get constantly and heavily modified w/ every game....I still think there is no chance of a Halo game being shown... I mean, its so blatantly obvious that its the project that was put on hold after Halo 2.....
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#109 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
*Holds up an issue of Game Informer from like March* Halo Chronciles was already annoucned people.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 wolverine4262
Nope, but if they anuced a very popular last gen like god of war, and make aremake to this consoles weill stole the show people already now what halo is in next gen console there is not going to be a lot of hype like halo 3 was, but will be in the top 5 best moments thats for sure, maybe top 3.fjburgos
what?
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 wolverine4262
*Holds up an issue of Game Informer from like March* Halo Chronciles was already annoucned people.Vandalvideo
it was announced like 2 years ago... but it hasnt been unveiled, yet...we have no clue what it is...
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#112 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I'd think it would

Sony would yap about Killzone 2, everyone would just flock to Halo 4
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#113 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]*Holds up an issue of Game Informer from like March* Halo Chronciles was already annoucned people.wolverine4262
it was announced like 2 years ago... but it hasnt been unveiled, yet...we have no clue what it is...

Its supposed to be a prequal, which I had already claimed a year ago and no one believed me.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Ninja-Hippo

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]If they do show it, it'll just be a cinematic trailer. Bungie make a new engine for every game, so they wont be anywhere near ready to show off anything at this stage; unless they decide to break with tradition and use the Halo 3 engine.wolverine4262
No, they dont technically make a new engine. Bungie has one in-house engine that they use. It just get constantly and heavily modified w/ every game....I still think there is no chance of a Halo game being shown... I mean, its so blatantly obvious that its the project that was put on hold after Halo 2.....

Are you sure? Because with Halo 2 they said the main reason they ran out of time was because they spent too long working on the new engine.

And for Halo 3 they said their new engine allowed them to do great stuff with lighting. Either way; they do a heck of a lot of work on engine building. :P

CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
It wouldn't deserve to IMO but it more than likely would.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 wolverine4262

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]*Holds up an issue of Game Informer from like March* Halo Chronciles was already annoucned people.Vandalvideo

Its supposed to be a prequal, which I had already claimed a year ago and no one believed me.

Yay, but the fact is, we still have no idea what it is exactly. Some kinda interactive movie, is it episodic, etc.?

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]If they do show it, it'll just be a cinematic trailer. Bungie make a new engine for every game, so they wont be anywhere near ready to show off anything at this stage; unless they decide to break with tradition and use the Halo 3 engine.Ninja-Hippo

Are you sure? Because with Halo 2 they said the main reason they ran out of time was because they spent too long working on the new engine.

And for Halo 3 they said their new engine allowed them to do great stuff with lighting. Either way; they do a heck of a lot of work on engine building. :P

Im pretty sure... To clarify, they have one in house engie thats used for every game as kinda of a starting point. Im sure Halo 3 was running on a modified halo 2 engine in the begining. Then, as they progress, they make bigger and bigger changes until it looks completely different....
Thepla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Thepla
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts
I am a halo series fan and a ps3 supporter at the same time but not a fanboy just for the records and i say halo 4 would blow everything outta the e3.
ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118 ChiddaPotta
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts
Finish The Fight...Again:|
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
I think so.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
Yes.
gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts

anything Bungie announces will steal the show. Its just the way it iskrp008

So, Oni 2 would be a game of show for you?

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

Finish The Fight...Again:|ChiddaPotta
No, that fight was finished.

New fights will emerge.