IF Halo 4 was announced at E3 this year, would that be enough to take the show?

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

It would ruin the show. because wed have to put up with that for 2 years.PC360Wii

The only problem with Halo games is the endless hype you get before it comes out. I wish they'd announce halo games the day before they release them to spare us all the over-hyping and crazy expectations.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

If Halo 4 (supposedly) was announced for Xbox360, it would definently steal Microsoft's show.

[By supposedly I mean the next game coming in the halo series] Hopefully they make it good, despite the end of Masterchief's story.]

But getting back on topic, I don't think it will steal E3. I have a feeling that Nintendo or Sony have something up their sleeves this year. I know for a fact that Microsoft has a surprise, and I'm not sure how the reaction on that will be. I'll just leave it for people to know later, some will be completely outraged, while others will be infatuated with their system.

I want to see whats in the works, honestly.

Will Sony delay home again? Or other games that are anticipated at that matter?

Will Sony completely steal the show, or will it leave people disappointed?

Will Nintendo have something new for the Wi? Or will it have a another Mario Game and another Zelda game?:roll:

I am anticipating Microsoft's next move.

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
No. The last one was a yawnfest after 7 hours and most people are bored of it (CoD4 steals Halo 3 players! lol). GoW3 would pwn if it was on PS3 (not bloody PSP), or maybe BIG RIGS 3!!! OMFG they need to go back to basics with this series and what made it so great!!!!
death919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#54 death919
Member since 2004 • 4724 Posts
[QUOTE="Zoso-8"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

[QUOTE="Zoso-8"]That series needs to die. It got progressively worse after the first one.Ninja-Hippo

You have a PS3 tag in your sig, and all the games you've rated are either PC or PS3. I'm sure you're in a position to comment on the quality of xbox games over the years.

Also; Halo 3 was easily, easily the best of the three. How you can say it was progressively worse is beyond me. Halo 1 was amazing, Halo 2 was amazing in the multiplayer department but the campaign took a step backwards, Halo 3 was the ultimate Halo game. "Progressively worse" indeed.

Are you sure about that? Here's my Bungie.net profile :lol:

I dont care if you've played the game. :| You're still clearly very much more into the PS3.

And my comments were perfectly correct; saying the game got progressively worse is just silly when the third one improved on literally everything.

Haters hate.

Just my opinion of course, but I can't possibly see how the first one can be called the best one when it didn't even have online. To me, the Halo focus is multiplayer, and one that required me to have (optimally 3) friends over to experience the "best" of it can never be compared to one where I can just hop online at any time.

BTW, if Halo 4's announced, whose with me on making a petition for bots? :D

Zoso-8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 Zoso-8
Member since 2008 • 2047 Posts
[QUOTE="Zoso-8"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

[QUOTE="Zoso-8"]That series needs to die. It got progressively worse after the first one.Ninja-Hippo

You have a PS3 tag in your sig, and all the games you've rated are either PC or PS3. I'm sure you're in a position to comment on the quality of xbox games over the years.

Also; Halo 3 was easily, easily the best of the three. How you can say it was progressively worse is beyond me. Halo 1 was amazing, Halo 2 was amazing in the multiplayer department but the campaign took a step backwards, Halo 3 was the ultimate Halo game. "Progressively worse" indeed.

I dont care if you've played the game. :| You're still clearly very much more into the PS3.

And my comments were perfectly correct; saying the game got progressively worse is just silly when the third one improved on literally everything.

Haters hate.

3 RROD will do that to you ;). Seriously though, have you even played the first 2? Halo 3 completely slowed down the speed of gameplay that the first 2 had perfected. It's basically just a dumbed down version of Halo 2 with slightly better graphics, a level editor, and slug-paced gameplay.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#56 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"]It would ruin the show. because wed have to put up with that for 2 years.Ninja-Hippo

The only problem with Halo games is the endless hype you get before it comes out. I wish they'd announce halo games the day before they release them to spare us all the over-hyping and crazy expectations.

lol Yeah I remember when Halo 3 came out man it was like a brand new console was coming out. It was insane.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Ninja-Hippo

3 RROD will do that to you ;). Seriously though, have you even played the first 2? Halo 3 completely slowed down the speed of gameplay that the first 2 had perfected. It's basically just a dumbed down version of Halo 2 with slightly better graphics, a level editor, and slug-paced gameplay.

Zoso-8

The speed was increased in Halo 2. In Halo 3 they slowed it back down; but it was still faster than Halo 1. Have you played them? :|

Also; Halo 3 being a dumbed down Halo 2 = :lol:

Mega lulz. They cut down massively on auto-aim. Stopped duel-wiedling bullet hoses as the standard weapon of choice. Made the sniper hard to use. Made sticking grenades harder. And made the BR less effective.

Dumbed down indeed. :roll:

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"]It would ruin the show. because wed have to put up with that for 2 years.carljohnson3456

We've put up with Killzone 2 for three years man, lol. Two years is a walk in the park!

Yea but Killzone 2 is nowhere near the same level in any aspect let alone hype.

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"]It would ruin the show. because wed have to put up with that for 2 years.Ninja-Hippo

Indeed, that and I'm kind of hoping we are entering that stage where FPS take a back seat, brining another Halo is just going to make things worse.

I mean, theres 5-6 great shooters this year again, its just too much.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

Killzone 2 > Halo 4.

(I'm waiting for the onslaught to begin)

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="Zoso-8"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

[QUOTE="Zoso-8"]That series needs to die. It got progressively worse after the first one.Zoso-8

Haters hate.

did you play the first halo? when halo 2 was released they were many(and i do mean many) people that hated the changes made into the muiplayer in terms of speed. bungie slowed down the gameplay in halo 3 to please both fans of halo1 and halo2. the instant i popped in halo3 and started playing MP i felt like i was playing a improved version of halo 1.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Ninja-Hippo

Killzone 2 > Halo 4.

Dibdibdobdobo

In other words, you're posting deliberate flame bait just to get a rise out of people? :|

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ninja-Hippo

did you play the first halo? when halo 2 was released they were many(and i do mean many) people that hated the changes made into the muiplayer in terms of speed. bungie slowed down the gameplay in halo 3 to please both fans of halo1 and halo2. the instant i popped in halo3 and started playing MP i felt like i was playing halo 1 again.

halo2's muiplayer for me got very annoying after a while.

lawlessx

90% of your kills in Halo 2 were with SMGs. It may as well have been the only gun on the game. If you weren't using those, you had a power weapon. Dual-wielding was awesome but they ended up taking away all the single-handed weapons in the process which basically turned it into dual-smg wars.

Halo 3 is perfect because it has both the singles (AR, BR, carbine, needler etc) balanced wonderfully with dual-wieldable weapons.

death919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#64 death919
Member since 2004 • 4724 Posts

Killzone 2 > Halo 4.

Dibdibdobdobo

Killzone 2 > Halo 4.

Dibdibdobdobo
Eh, could be true. Haven't played KZ2 yet and haven't even seen footage of Halo 4 yet, so wouldn't be able to tell you. :P Although based on previous entries in the series (Halo is all AAA's, Killzone was A for PS2 and AA for PSP I think?), I'd put my money on Halo.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
Would it be enough to be the talk of the show? Thanks. Also, for what it is worth, I think its coming. =)Metsvideogame
Even though I couldn't care less about that series, yes it would grab most of the attention.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 lawlessx
[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

did you play the first halo? when halo 2 was released they were many(and i do mean many) people that hated the changes made into the muiplayer in terms of speed. bungie slowed down the gameplay in halo 3 to please both fans of halo1 and halo2. the instant i popped in halo3 and started playing MP i felt like i was playing halo 1 again.

halo2's muiplayer for me got very annoying after a while.

Ninja-Hippo

90% of your kills in Halo 2 were with SMGs. It may as well have been the only gun on the game. If you weren't using those, you had a power weapon. Dual-wielding was awesome but they ended up taking away all the single-handed weapons in the process which basically turned it into dual-smg wars.

Halo 3 is perfect because it has both the singles (AR, BR, carbine, needler etc) balanced wonderfully with dual-wieldable weapons.

that was one of the first things bungie noticed and knew that needed to be fixed in halo 3.

Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts

It would steal the show because it's completely unexpected and totally not needed/Wanted. We still have Halo 3.

I'd rather Bungie work on a new IP than milk an old tired one. That's Mircrosofts job.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Dibdibdobdobo
[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]

Killzone 2 > Halo 4.

Ninja-Hippo

In other words, you're posting deliberate flame bait just to get a rise out of people? :|

Nooooo... Its because neither will ever be released! I'd prefer Perfect Dark over a Halo game.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 lawlessx

It would steal the show because it's completely unexpected and totally not needed/Wanted. We still have Halo 3.

I'd rather Bungie work on a new IP than milk an old tired one. That's Mircrosofts job.

Locke562

an old tried series?

microsoft owns the IP so they really need bungie to expand the series(ex:halo wars)

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
If bungie did announce Halo 4, yes it would steal the show...But in all likelyhood, its not what Bungie is making...They will most likely announce their phoenix project, if they announce anything at all....Why would they announce a Halo sequel, less than a year after the firsts release? Thats not like Bungie at all. No, this is a seperate game that they have been working on since after Halo 2 came out... We dont know much about it, but it probably has something to do with my plumber friend in my sig...
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Ninja-Hippo

that was one of the first things bungie noticed and knew that needed to be fixed in halo 3.

lawlessx

Did you notice how everyone complained with Halo 2 because it was so different? "We just wanted more of the same!" And then Halo 3 gets "this game is just more of the same!".

You cant win.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Ninja-Hippo
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]

Killzone 2 > Halo 4.

Dibdibdobdobo

Nooooo... Its because neither will ever be released! I'd prefer Perfect Dark over a Halo game.

Perfect Dark is my favourite shooter ever. Too bad it was utterly destroyed by Rare with PDZ. Halo is fantastic though.

Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Locke562
[QUOTE="Locke562"]

lawlessx

an old tried series?

microsoft owns the IP so they really need bungie to expand the series(ex:halo wars)

That's my point. Microsoft owns the IP and can do what they wish with it. I would rather Bungie focus on getting their new and unannounced IP out and let Microsoft worry about the Halo IP by hiring other devolopers to expand (Milk) the franchise a la Ensemble Studios, Peter Jackson.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 lawlessx
[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

Ninja-Hippo

Did you notice how everyone complained with Halo 2 because it was so different? "We just wanted more of the same!" And then Halo 3 gets "this game is just more of the same!".

You cant win.

oh crap you're right :lol:

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 wolverine4262

That's my point. Microsoft owns the IP and can do what they wish with it. I would rather Bungie focus on getting their new and unannounced IP out and let Microsoft worry about the Halo IP by hiring other devolopers to expand (Milk) the franchise a la Ensemble Studios, Peter Jackson.

Locke562
This is ridiculous....How is that milking? THey are expanding the series in all the right ways. Bringing in Ensemble and Peter Jackson just goes to show how much MS cares about the ip.....it isnt like they are making some kind of party game....
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lawlessx
[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="Locke562"]

Locke562

an old tried series?

can you really call it milking at this point?

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Dibdibdobdobo
[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]

Killzone 2 > Halo 4.

Ninja-Hippo

Perfect Dark is my favourite shooter ever. Too bad it was utterly destroyed by Rare with PDZ. Halo is fantastic though.

I know your pain. I loved the N64 version and the weapons are still my favourite from any other FPS i've played (Reaper, farsight....) But the weapon selection was terrible in PDZ! I still enjoyed the several hours which i played upon it though.

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

if this 4th halo was based off the novel "fall of reach" i would cry with tears of joy :cry:lawlessx

Agreed! I'd love a game based on that novel:D

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#79 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]if this 4th halo was based off the novel "fall of reach" i would cry with tears of joy :cry:ToScA-

But you would know how it ends! lol.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 wolverine4262

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]if this 4th halo was based off the novel "fall of reach" i would cry with tears of joy :cry:ToScA-

OH God yes!
Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Locke562
[QUOTE="Locke562"]

wolverine4262

This is ridiculous....How is that milking? THey are expanding the series in all the right ways. Bringing in Ensemble and Peter Jackson just goes to show how much MS cares about the ip.....it isnt like they are making some kind of party game....

I'm just a big Bungie fan and I'd like to see them come out with a new IP instead of becoming Microsoft Halo Slave devoloper #7. And you know there'd be a 7 in there somewhere.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lawlessx
[QUOTE="ToScA-"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]if this 4th halo was based off the novel "fall of reach" i would cry with tears of joy :cry:carljohnson3456

that didnt stopped me from enjoying it though:P

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 lawlessx

i bet kojima can pull it off 8)

he'd put every single event from that book in the game.

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts
[QUOTE="ToScA-"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]if this 4th halo was based off the novel "fall of reach" i would cry with tears of joy :cry:carljohnson3456

lol! Didn't think of that :P

I wouldn't mind a true sequel to Halo 3 though; a new story arc..why not?

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"][QUOTE="Locke562"]

Locke562

I'm just a big Bungie fan and I'd like to see them come out with a new IP instead of becoming Microsoft Halo Slave devoloper #7. And you know there'd be a 7 in there somewhere.

Yay, thats why Bungie isnt making those games... They are just giving creative input...I was only arguing your comment b/c you called what MS is doing with the ip milking, and you couldnt be further fromt he truth.....Id also rather see bungie make something new....If its a new halo game, great, but Id rather a new ip, and I already said that I think that is what they are going to announce
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Ninja-Hippo

Locke562

They're independent. They can do whatever the heck they want.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="Locke562"]

Ninja-Hippo

They're independent. They can do whatever the heck they want.

Pimps at Sea FTW! Well, that may not happen, but we are getting Age of Booty from a former bungie dev....
DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 DuDisNow
Member since 2007 • 2741 Posts
Bungie's quote-"Halo 3 was the end of the Halo Trilogy."
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

anything Bungie announces will steal the show. Its just the way it iskrp008

New game from Bungie...."Sesame Street: Elmo's Sing-a-long". That announcement would steal the show...

karram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 karram
Member since 2006 • 1682 Posts
It will be more than enough but I doubt it will happen.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Ninja-Hippo

Bungie's quote-"Halo 3 was the end of the Halo Trilogy."DuDisNow

Not true. They never said it was the last game; just the final in that story arc. They could easily make a new one.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 lawlessx

Bungie's quote-"Halo 3 was the end of the Halo Trilogy."DuDisNow

thats not what they said..

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 lawlessx

[QUOTE="DuDisNow"]Bungie's quote-"Halo 3 was the end of the Halo Trilogy."Ninja-Hippo

Not true. They never said it was the last game; just the final in that story arc. They could easily make a new one.

exactly .we could have a rainbow six type game with Spartans and have it based on the missions in the fall of reach novel :)

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Ninja-Hippo

exactly .we could have a rainbow six type game with Spartans and have it based on the missions in the fall of reach novel :)

lawlessx

I'd love to play as a normy spartan. Like ensemble said, master chief and the normal spartan are two different things. Normal spartans can and do die. I think it'd be badass to play a big battle with your squad of spartans.

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
HALO 3.5? Nah... Give me something new Bungie. Enough of the generic FPS's already.
Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
Depends on what Sony and Ninty do.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 lawlessx

HALO 3.5? Nah... Give me something new Bungie. Enough of the generic FPS's already.Dahaka-UK

the entire halo series got 9+ and it's just another generic FPS game?

Denial much?

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Dibdibdobdobo

[QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"]HALO 3.5? Nah... Give me something new Bungie. Enough of the generic FPS's already.lawlessx

the entire halo series got 9+ and it's just another generic FPS game?

Denial much?

Halo is generic like every FPS out there. I'm not saying thats a bad thing but people kid themselves when they say FPS are not generic. Last innovative FP game which i played is Metroid Prime 3.

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#99 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts
The thing I think is funny is that the only seemingly megaton announcement that matters for some xbox fans is the announcement of more Halos. Halo Wars, Halo Peter Jackson, Halo 4...etc. How about we see Bungie work on a new IP rather than Halo. I'd be more excited for that than Halo 4.
krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts

That series needs to die. It got progressively worse after the first one.Zoso-8

yet sequels 2 and 3 and still critically acclaimed pretty much everywhere, and the most popular trilogy game of all time