How Sunet Overdrive Became Exclusive.

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/05/sunsetoverdrive03_050814_1280.jpg

"We pitched it a few different places, and it was really important to [Insomniac CEO] Ted [Price] that we own the IP, so some of the conversations broke down over that," Smith admitted. "With Microsoft, they just came in very energetic and excited to work with Insomniac, period. And we'd heard some really good things about them and some resources that they would be allowing us to have."

Insomniac's obsession with owning its own IP started with its co-op shooter Fuse, and comes from a long legacy of making famous franchises -- like Spyro, Ratchet & Clank, and Resistance -- that it doesn’t own. "Most publisher conversations begin and end with IP ownership," Murray said candidly, "and I think [Microsoft] has been talking to Ted for a while, and at some point it was like, 'you can retain the IP,' and suddenly, it was a conversation point."

Source

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/09/how-sunset-overdrive-became-an-xbox-one-exclusive

Didn't know they had lost the rights to those ips,makes sense for them to not budge in the end.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

The real story is Insomniac hasn't made a good game in years and M$ are the only ones dumb enough to fund another big budget title from them.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I already knew this because Ted had said interviews years ago before Fuse what Insomniac's goal on ownership was with future creations of Insomniac IPs.

That said, Sunset looks remarkably a lot like Ratchet & Clank gameplay wise (from the platforming to weapons choices), but with a sort of Dead Rising sandbox. They own this IP and FUSE and they can choose what they want to do with it from here on out. Not owning an IP is a safety net with more money, resources, production assets, teams willing to assist, and marketing....but if you gamble right and go solo, you can be the next EPIC.

The question is how good can Insomniac do without that Sony safety net? FUSE was remarkably mediocre start with a 62/100 metascore when they teamed up with EA. Now they are bouncing to M$, I surely hope Sunset fares better the poor showing that was FUSE. It's also going to be interesting to see how the Xbox crowd receives the game. It looks fun, but is it up their alley? Will enough people care, support it, and buy it? We'll find that out as well. I think of Lorne Lanning's choice to take Oddworld to other pastures and it almost killed the company. It's only recently in 2013 that they started trying to make a tiny comeback.

It's vital to understand the demographics you're catering to. Once the reviews come in and it scores well, I plan on buying Sunset for my Xbone. I just don't want to get burned after FUSE.

I'm glad it's official once again in another interview though, in case anyone missed the news.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

Back in the day, Insomniac games were always good. Now they're hit or miss.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LadyBlue

@SolidTy said:

I already knew this because Ted had said interviews years ago before Fuse what Insomniac's goal on ownership was with future creations of IPs.

That said, Sunset looks remarkably a lot like Ratchet & Clank gameplay wise (from the platforming to weapons choices), but with a sort of Dead Rising sandbox. They own this IP and FUSE and they can choose what they want to do with it from here on out. Not owning an IP is a safety net with more money, but if you gamble right, you can be the next EPIC. The question is how good can they do without that safety net? FUSE was remarkably mediocre start with a 62/100 metascore. I surely hope Sunset fares better than that. It's also going to be interesting to see how the Xbox crowd receives the game. It looks fun, but is it up their alley? We'll find that out as well. I think of Lorne Lanning's choice to take Oddworld to other pastures and it almost killed the company.

It's vital to understand the demographics you're catering to.

I'm glad it's official though, in case anyone missed the news.

I didn't know, thought it was interesting. The gameplay trailer has the potential to change some minds.

Played the first Ratchet released for ps3, it was great. Never got to try the sequels.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

So Insomniac wanted to own the IP and Microsoft was looking for exclusives/games for the Xbox One and was willing to allow Insomniac to own the IP if they published the game exclusively for the Xbox One. Makes sense.

This means if the game is a hit they could go multiplatform with the series, just not the first game. Much like Titanfall.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SolidTy

@ladyblue said:

@SolidTy said:

I already knew this because Ted had said interviews years ago before Fuse what Insomniac's goal on ownership was with future creations of Insomniac IPs.

That said, Sunset looks remarkably a lot like Ratchet & Clank gameplay wise (from the platforming to weapons choices), but with a sort of Dead Rising sandbox. They own this IP and FUSE and they can choose what they want to do with it from here on out. Not owning an IP is a safety net with more money, resources, production assets, teams willing to assist, and marketing....but if you gamble right and go solo, you can be the next EPIC.

The question is how good can Insomniac do without that Sony safety net? FUSE was remarkably mediocre start with a 62/100 metascore when they teamed up with EA. Now they are bouncing to M$, I surely hope Sunset fares better the poor showing that was FUSE. It's also going to be interesting to see how the Xbox crowd receives the game. It looks fun, but is it up their alley? Will enough people care, support it, and buy it? We'll find that out as well. I think of Lorne Lanning's choice to take Oddworld to other pastures and it almost killed the company. It's only recently in 2013 that they started trying to make a tiny comeback.

It's vital to understand the demographics you're catering to. Once the reviews come in and it scores well, I plan on buying Sunset for my Xbone. I just don't want to get burned after FUSE.

I'm glad it's official once again in another interview though, in case anyone missed the news.

I didn't know, thought it was interesting. The gameplay trailer has the potential to change some minds.

Played the first Ratchet released for ps3, it was great. Never got to try the sequels.

It is intriguing, I think. I follow IP ownership for a great many years before I ever created a Gamespot.com account...thinking about it, before Gamespot.com was a website.

It's nice to see where a game could possibly pop up by knowing if a dev or pub owns an IP. I think the gameplay trailer looks fun, but after seeing it, it honestly could have been the next Ratchet and Clank in Zombie Planet, which is fine with me since I like R&C. Swinging around with one arm attached to cables whilst shooting baddies with cool innovative guns, I've done that before lots and I will do it again. If Sunset is a hit, maybe people will go back and check out previous R&C games because the main ones are excellent combination of shooter and platforming, with some fun RPG elements. The thing is, R&C got blasted here by a certain group, so if that same rabid group of R&C haters end up loving Sunset based on that trailer and it's exclusivity, I will find that amusing. I'm already amused in another thread about the game this week.

I plan on picking Sunset up for my Xbone though, once some select reviews give Sunset the thumbs up...just in case. I will definitely own it, it's just a matter of if this game is $60, $40 worthy, or $20 I can wait due to bad reviews worthy.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

those traitors said that they wanted to own their IP's to be able to release them everywhere in order to allow more people to experience their games but it was all bullshit. They were just looking for the higher bidder and M$ won.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Its a strategy that could be used to Block a particular console out of the market, Multiplats are the Bread and butter of the Games industry, neither MS, Nintendo or SONY put out enough exclusives that gamers would be happy with Exclusives alone, if you publish a title but allow the Developers to keep the IP you could effectively release the game on every platform except one of them and you would effectively be cutting them out of the market.

Do that with multiple developers.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Wasdie:

In other words. MS is going things that are for gamers and good to gaming, w/o being so greedy like other companies which would rather see a good game never exist, if ti means they can land a franchise to milk SMH

I mean with all the complaining about apps behind a paywall and the parity clause. This is way way worse. Basically Sony won't let a game go on their system they fund unless they own the entire IP, with policies like that, there is no way the PS4 will see 3rd party exclusives

Epic-gamerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Epic-gamerz
Member since 2014 • 222 Posts

M$ desperate for Any former devs from the Legendary Sony crew

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Like every other exclusive: $$$$$$$$$$$$$

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

"And we'd heard some really good things about them." = money. I don't blame them, I like Insomniac.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Too much hate on Insomniac in this thread. They didn't sell their souls. They are diversifying their fanbase and hitting target markets.

I am also sure they were like EA who thought Xboxone would destroy PS4. They were wrong but MS helped with the development costs to make an amazing looking game.

I hope it will be AAAe and shift units.

SelfReflect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SelfReflect
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

Money talks

This is just typical PR

Given Microsoft's shady history of money hats etc

There is no doubt in my mind Microsoft went to Insomniac and in typical sleezy Microsoft fashion dropped of truck loads of money.

Its what Microsoft does to secure 3rd party exclusives and prevent the game from coming to other platforms

It will BACKFIRE big, because the PS4 is dominating this generation. Insomniac will regret the decision just like EA did with TitanFail.

On another note. Microsoft "startegy" of money hats and 3rd party exclusives is a horrible solution long term and its why Microsoft has pathetic first party studios compared to Sony and its why the xbox and the xbox 360 suffered such a dramatic drop and decline in exclusives half way into their gens as opposed to the Playstation consoles which continued to offer a stream of great exclusives through out all of their gens until the last day. All the more reason to stay playstation over xbox.

So back on topic, thats why SunSet is an xbone exclusive. The money. Insomniac sold out to the devil, plain and simple

Insomniac is just regurgitating the PR Microsoft is feeding them

All the other developers and indie developers have said numerous times how Microsoft is a horrible partner and that Microsoft always makes whacky demands or else

Thats why indies arent on xbone. Sony embraced indies and gave them freedom and its why indies are all on PS4.

You can even go look up the factual proof of how when the 360 was winnning Microsoft use to make developers sign shady contracts that they couldnt take advantage of the PS3 versions

Thank god that thats done with, now that the PS4 is destroying the xbone in sales and Sony has all the leverage

Point is, anyone in the know how, knows how awful and anti-consumer Microsoft has always been and how difficult its always been for developers to work with Microsoft....but some declining developers like Insomniac will sell out for the money.

And yes, Microsoft lets developers retain their IPs BUT its used as nothing more then Microsoft's bargining chip. Microsoft controls.everything else and takes away the freedom the development studio has when making games for them(see Rare and Bungie as proof)

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LadyBlue

@selfreflect said:
its why the xbox and the xbox 360 suffered such a dramatic drop and decline in exclusives half way into their gens

I believe they would benefit greatly from bringing back some of their older games.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

You have issues, brofist.

You really, really do.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@selfreflect said:

Heads up:

If you read comments like the following:

"SunSet makes me regret a PS4 or makes me lean toward Microsoft"

Disregard that comment instantly

Its a known shill tactic. Its coming from Microsoft shills

You will see a lot of it from the Microsoft shills on neogaf and its pathethic

SunSet as it is looks generic, uninspired, and boring. Literally is a copy cat of Infamous but does it worse while wrapped up in zombie cliches and cartoony grahphics.

Give me The Order alone over SunSet or Quantum Break ANY DAY

But the main point is, the PS4 still factually has MORE exclusives. The PS4 factually has the superior multi plats on top of that, and the PS4 has the higher rated excusives...so PS4 is still the best place to play...

Even then ... EVEN IF the xbone goes on to get 20 of the best games ever, I and the majority WOULD never buy an xbone for 2 reasons.

Reason #1: The PS4 remains 100$ cheaper, 50% more powerful, more focused on gaming with better gaming features, a much better online service that offers far more value, and has the way better first party studios.

PS4 does everything better for less. There is no reason to get an xbone. You would have to be a moron to buy a weaker, more expensive xbone that has gaming as a secomdary focus and comes with a spy cam and locks all its basic features behind xbox live pay wall fees. Its so anti-consumer. Its despicable what Microsoft does.

Reason #2: Continuing on about how anti-consumer Microsoft is, the FACT Microsoft tried to commit mass murder against consumer rights with their henious unforgivable Always online DRM xbone schemes

No matter what I will NEVER GET an xbone because Microsoft showed its true colors right there. Microsoft only backed down AT THE LAST SECOND due to losing pre order sales

Mean while Sony has NEVER ATTEMPTED to do anything a fraction as bad

Sony with their actions prove time and time again that they care about the gamer

Microsoft with their actions prove time and time that they are against the gamer and against the consumer

If you are a gamer you must NEVER support Microsoft other wise you are a detriment to gaming. Sony PS4 all the way. The PS4 saved this gen from Microsoft's BS. Thank you Sony

Brofists? Your main account is still active, yo.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

The real story is Insomniac hasn't made a good game in years and M$ are the only ones dumb enough to fund another big budget title from them.

http://www.ensenandoacomeramihijo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/crying_cow-150x150.jpg

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Long story short: cash.

SelfReflect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SelfReflect

@ladyblue:

Microsoft doesnt have any worth while "old franchises"

Most of the original xbox's exclusives were just old dreamcast games that Microsoft money hatted

And with the 360, all its old "exclusives" became Playstation games (Mass Effect, Lost Planet, BioShock etc)

Going by history, TitanFall and SunSet will likely come to PS4 anyway, especially now since PS4 is dominating they will come earlier

All Microsoft really has is Gears Halo Gears Halo Forza Forza

All franchises that were never that good to begin with and have declined greatly. ....Microsoft will go back to spamming yearly lackluster iterations of Gears/Halo/Forza on the xbone, just like they did on the 360. Microsoft also cut off all support for the xbox early.

"Fool me twice shame on you. Fool me three times, shame on me"

At some point you need to learn your lesson when it comes to Microsoft.

People widley regard Microsoft an evil shady corporation for a reason. The same Microsoft that also locks all basic features behind xbox live pay wall fees, mandates a kinect spy cam, charges more for weaker hardware etc. Proven time and time again how anti-consumer Microsoft is. Then theres the very fact that Microsoft tried to commit the worst crime possible against consumer rights with xbone always online and drm etc)

Speaking in general,

If you are still one of the last remaining xbox fanboys who hasnt switched to the PS4 yet (like everyone else already has) wake up and learn your lesson with Microsoft.

Microsoft has a new PR marketing campaign to paint themselfes as for the gamer. Its laughable. Like if we all just forgot all the despicable shit Microsoft has done and dont know what Microsoft is truly about.

Never fall for Microsoft's BS. Call Microsoft out on it at every turn

Never let your guard down with Microsoft. Microsoft can never be trusted. Heed these words of my advice my fellow gamers

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts
@selfreflect said:

Heads up:

@selfreflect said:

Heads up:

If you read comments like the following:

"SunSet makes me regret a PS4 or makes me lean toward Microsoft"

Disregard that comment instantly

Its a known shill tactic. Its coming from Microsoft shills

You will see a lot of it from the Microsoft shills on neogaf and its pathethic

SunSet as it is looks generic, uninspired, and boring. Literally is a copy cat of Infamous but does it worse while wrapped up in zombie cliches and cartoony grahphics.

Give me The Order alone over SunSet or Quantum Break ANY DAY

But the main point is, the PS4 still factually has MORE exclusives. The PS4 factually has the superior multi plats on top of that, and the PS4 has the higher rated excusives...so PS4 is still the best place to play...

Even then ... EVEN IF the xbone goes on to get 20 of the best games ever, I and the majority WOULD never buy an xbone for 2 reasons.

Reason #1: The PS4 remains 100$ cheaper, 50% more powerful, more focused on gaming with better gaming features, a much better online service that offers far more value, and has the way better first party studios.

PS4 does everything better for less. There is no reason to get an xbone. You would have to be a moron to buy a weaker, more expensive xbone that has gaming as a secomdary focus and comes with a spy cam and locks all its basic features behind xbox live pay wall fees. Its so anti-consumer. Its despicable what Microsoft does.

Reason #2: Continuing on about how anti-consumer Microsoft is, the FACT Microsoft tried to commit mass murder against consumer rights with their henious unforgivable Always online DRM xbone schemes

No matter what I will NEVER GET an xbone because Microsoft showed its true colors right there. Microsoft only backed down AT THE LAST SECOND due to losing pre order sales

Mean while Sony has NEVER ATTEMPTED to do anything a fraction as bad

Sony with their actions prove time and time again that they care about the gamer

Microsoft with their actions prove time and time that they are against the gamer and against the consumer

If you are a gamer you must NEVER support Microsoft other wise you are a detriment to gaming. Sony PS4 all the way. The PS4 saved this gen from Microsoft's BS. Thank you Sony

You're a very sad little man who needs to seriously get some mental help.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Please allow my self and other Xbox gamers to welcome Insomniac and Sunset Overdrive to THE ONE. A perfect home.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I think game makers like MS and Sony and Nintendo should be more receptive toward giving studios rights to their games, but in exchange for doing so they own a substantial percentage of that IP, so say one of the big three finances a games development, in exchange for doing so then when that game goes to the company's rival platforms, the company that financed the games production gets a substantial portion of revenues generated by that title. That way developers can still maintain control of their IPs, port it to whatever systems they want, and make whatever sequels they want, and the company that got that IP on its feet owns a share of that wealth.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LadyBlue

@selfreflect said:

@ladyblue:

tl;dq

There's a list. I'm sure if they offer to fund the project they would agree to make games.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@selfreflect said:

Typical xbot fanboys lol. Ignore the points, and make nothing but personal attacks. Ad homines.

So easy to spot and expose.

For anyone to even still defend Microsoft after all the BS they have commited, they are simply a sheep who doesnt deserve oxygen

No game will make me buy an xbone

And SunSet doesnt look that interesting to begin with, as it is..

This is nothing more then typical PR bull.

Insomniac is a declining developer who sold out for the money. Nothing more.

Xbots are like the 500lb obese man who goes around telling everyone else they are the ones who are fat

Xbots are straight up delusional

Dat delusion

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@selfreflect: If Xbox got 20 of the best games ever, it would be worth to get it imo

SelfReflect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SelfReflect

@IgGy621985 said:

Long story short: cash.

Yep. Pretty much all there is to it.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

@selfreflect said:

Typical xbot fanboys lol. Ignore the points, and make nothing but personal attacks. Ad homines.

For anyone to even still defend Microsoft after all the BS they have commited, they are simply a sheep who doesnt deserve oxygen

Xbots are like the 500lb obese man who goes around telling everyone else they are the ones who are fat

lmao, you should be embarrassed your whole post screams I wish insomniac made this for SONY!!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#34 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@SolidTy said:

Well said. It is a risk they take with the stance of wanting IP ownership. If it is well received I'll buy it. Looks fun.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

It is true that Insomniac struggles when they are on their own (without publisher funding ie. safety net).

Under Sony, they created many great titles because they could relax, be creative, and focus on making the game.

Fuse was different.

I have faith (now after seeing the gameplay) that Overdrive will be a return to form for them since they have proper funding.

Funding (budgets) and time constraints have a HUGE impact on game quality when it comes to bigger titles

SelfReflect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SelfReflect

@aroxx_ab said:

@selfreflect: If Xbox got 20 of the best games ever, it would be worth to get it imo

That has about a 0% chance of happening lol, but i was just saying that even if, hypothetically, the xbone would still never be worth it to me

The hardware is over priced and under powered. Multi plats make up a majority of games and multi plats will always be superior on PS4.

Plus Sony first parties are some of the most highly regarded and respected developers in the industry so PS4 will get its surpluss of amazing exclusives regardless

Maybe if it was just between the xbone and the Wii U, and the xbone got a lot of great exclusives games THEN MAYBE I would consider renting an xbone at the end of the gen to play them

BUT I can just never trust Microsoft after the henious crimes they tried to commit against our consumer rights with their always online xbome drm schemes. The plans are in place for it to come back to. Listen to their PR. Never trust Microsoft. And i refuse to ever give Microsoft a penny from me

and with the PS4, the PS4 does everything better for less while keeping the focus on gaming, having better first parties, and offering a much better greater value online service. There is no reason to ever get an xbone no matter what

Microsoft should take the punishment they deserve for what they tried to get away with the xbone and for what they still did with the xbone

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@selfreflect said:

@ladyblue:

Most of the original xbox's exclusives were just old dreamcast games that Microsoft money hatted

And with the 360, all its old "exclusives" became Playstation games (Mass Effect, Lost Planet, BioShock etc)

Going by history, TitanFall and SunSet will likely come to PS4 anyway, especially now since PS4 is dominating they will come earlier

All franchises that were never that good to begin with and have declined greatly. ....Microsoft will go back to spamming yearly lackluster iterations of Gears/Halo/Forza on the xbone, just like they did on the 360. Microsoft also cut off all support for the xbox early.

People widley regard Microsoft an evil shady corporation for a reason. The same Microsoft that also locks all basic features behind xbox live pay wall fees, mandates a kinect spy cam, charges more for weaker hardware etc. Proven time and time again how anti-consumer Microsoft is. Then theres the very fact that Microsoft tried to commit the worst crime possible against consumer rights with xbone always online and drm etc)

Speaking in general,

If you are still one of the last remaining xbox fanboys who hasnt switched to the PS4 yet (like everyone else already has) wake up and learn your lesson with Microsoft.

Microsoft has a new PR marketing campaign to paint themselfes as for the gamer. Its laughable. Like if we all just forgot all the despicable shit Microsoft has done and dont know what Microsoft is truly about.

Never let your guard down with Microsoft. Microsoft can never be trusted. Heads these words of my advice my fellow gamers

@selfreflect said:

Your ID should read SelfProclaimedHater instead.

SelfReflect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SelfReflect

@epic-gamerz said:

M$ desperate for Any former devs from the Legendary Sony crew

so true.

Its pathetic

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Sony fanboys are truly pathetic. They aren't real gamers. How many you trolls going to buy the next Insomniac game that is on a Playstation console.

SelfReflect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SelfReflect

@hehe101 said:

@selfreflect said:

lmao, you should be embarrassed your whole post screams I wish insomniac made this for SONY!!

I could give a flying rats ass about SunSet. Its just one game xbot.

Even then, everything SunSet is going for, Imfamous already did it all much better and with real next graphics. So i will stick with Infamous. I will also take The Order over SunSet any day

Truth is Insomniac use to make great PS3 games under Sony's help and support. Then they made Fuse without Sony, and the game was awful

Its time to face reality, Insomiac is a declining developer who has LOST it and at this point they are simply selling out for the money

Dont expect much from SunSet. At best it will be a fun little title for an hour or two...and likely it will come to PS4 anyway

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

How this cartoon game is sub 1080p I'll never understand.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@delta3074 said:

Its a strategy that could be used to Block a particular console out of the market, Multiplats are the Bread and butter of the Games industry, neither MS, Nintendo or SONY put out enough exclusives that gamers would be happy with Exclusives alone, if you publish a title but allow the Developers to keep the IP you could effectively release the game on every platform except one of them and you would effectively be cutting them out of the market.

Do that with multiple developers.

Insomniac isn't putting any console out of business....

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SolidTy

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy said:

Well said. It is a risk they take with the stance of wanting IP ownership. If it is well received I'll buy it. Looks fun.

Thanks. It's a risky gamble to maintain ownership hoping it's something gamers want, but let's hope they do well.

I'm with you, if it is well received, I'm in.

SelfReflect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SelfReflect

@Indicud: Because the xbone is seriously under powered

Also,

The over hyping of SunSet is truly ridicilous.

SunSet looks generic and uninspired. Gameplay really looked awful to me. Xboners must be desperate for games since xbone has none

Trust me, im telling you right now, I could care less if SunSet is xbone exclusive or not

BUT if there is something to get upset over,

Its the FACT that development on the xbone, takes away from possible development of a good Ratchet and Clank game on PS4

And thats absurd.

The xbone is a weaker console with little user base(PS4 is crushing the xbone in sales)

Insomniac needs to focus on making PS4 gamers happy with a PS4 Ratchet and Clank or at least on making a new IP for PS4 thats actually interesting unlike SunSet

Instead they are waisting time and money on a generic looking IP for an xbone console that has NO user base out side the US

That is what could be upsetting

The PS4 is even significantly out selling then xbone in the USA too. Insomniac messed up bad.

Either way **** Insomniac for selling out. Never supporting Insomniac again

SunSet looks awful either way, but at least a PS4 Ratchet and Clank wouldve been good

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

So just another example of MS doing whats best for gamers. Nothing new here folks.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Ah, Fisted Bro is back!

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@selfreflect said:
@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@selfreflect said:

@ladyblue:

Speaking in general,

Never let your guard down with Microsoft. Microsoft can never be trusted. Heads these words of my advice my fellow gamers

@selfreflect said:

Your ID should read SelfProclaimedHater instead.

I know from your posting history, youre an xbot shill.

No goos poster here considers your opinions relevant

Microsoft is a faceless mega shady corp who has done nothing but try to butcher consumer rights

How can you defend them as much you do?

Its insane. Xbots truly are the worst of the worst

By the way, Microsoft deserves every ounce of the hate and more...Microsoft will continue to get the hate it deserves. Keep crying xbot

Any one who still supports Microsoft and their over-priced, under-powered TV box/spy box known as the xbone ISNT A REAL gamer

Prove it.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Um you may want to check out any of the Ratchet and Clank games in the Future Series before spouting crap.