How big a deal breaker is Halo Infinite's visuals?

  • 103 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

42239

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Edited By uninspiredcup

Poll How big a deal breaker is Halo Infinite's visuals? (74 votes)

I ain't buying it now 23%
Pretty bad, but i'll live 24%
Not that big a deal 38%
Looks good to me 15%
No Caption Provided

Hello, are the visuals that big a deal to you?

As an outsider of the franchise, looking in, seeing all the reaction, it seemed kind of overblown to me. Could it look better? Sure. But it still looked nice aesthetically.

Then, thinking about it for more than 20 seconds, I realized you'd be paying about £600 - £700 roughly, then, I saw it was running on a PC, which made things worse, and that assholes next gen would be trying to raise prices.

That's not good, is it?

 • 
Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

43891

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 43891 Posts

Not a deal breaker in the slightest because

Not only that, if you already own an Xbox it doesn't cost you $500 to play the game. 😎

I am looking forward to seeing my free apartments.

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

6123

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6123 Posts

TBH even if the graphics where amazing I still wouldn't buy it I'm not a Halo fan but if I was I would be embarrassed and probably skip it.

Avatar image for briguyb13
briguyb13

4907

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 4907 Posts

It's a deal breaker, in that I won't be getting a Series X to play it. It'll look and play just fine on my One X.

Avatar image for SOedipus
SOedipus

12627

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 12627 Posts

Not for me. But I was never interested to begin with because...it's Halo.

Avatar image for Duckyindiana
Duckyindiana

2496

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 2496 Posts

Don’t care for looks as long as it plays well! I’ve enjoyed so many games with pixel graphics this gen I’m not fussed about the looks just needs to play well

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

57119

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 57119 Posts

I'll likely still play, and hopefully they can do some serious visual polishing in the time before release, but I doubt it'll look drastically different.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

4158

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 4158 Posts

Why does it look on par with Halo 5? That is what i would like to know. Where are the advancements? What game shown on XSX showcases its 12tflops power? And don't bring me bs cinematics of games that won't be out until 2-3 years from now. What visuals am i getting on day one? Nothing shown looks good. Nothing shown looks better than TLOU2/Ghost on a launch PS4 from 2013. Who launches a system without a proper showcase of its capabilities?

I will play and beat Infinite even if it looks like shit, but it will be for $5 on gamepass.

Avatar image for pyro1245
pyro1245

6962

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#8 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 6962 Posts

Not that big a deal.

Just a typical System Wars response. A fanbase will find something and dig in, then something else happens and they shut up. It's the way of things.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

4158

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 4158 Posts

@Duckyindiana said:

Don’t care for looks as long as it plays well! I’ve enjoyed so many games with pixel graphics this gen I’m not fussed about the looks just needs to play well

5 years
500mil
$500+ price tag of a new console
Game looks like something from 2013 and its all good, everything is fine. lol okay.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

35345

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#10 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 35345 Posts

Not a deal breaker. It'll scale well to low end PCs and I'm sure my system can handle it at 4k/60.

Seriously the main reason why I enjoy shooters like Battlefield and Doom is because they are well optimized: they run really good. I don't need graphics that blow me away...

Avatar image for Duckyindiana
Duckyindiana

2496

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 2496 Posts

@hardwenzen: What’s your point! Don’t care how long it took them and not my money spent making it as longs as it’s fun to play which is the whole point of gaming don’t care! So don’t need your opinion

Avatar image for ProtossRushX
ProtossRushX

7909

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 7909 Posts

Its a huuuuge deal breaker back in the day halo 1 pushed the limits it looked beautiful and the AI is way better half life 2 an the ships were better in halo

i remember half life 2 the ships look like garbage and you couldn't see anything jumping like in halo

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

35345

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#13 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 35345 Posts

@pyro1245: yeah first it was the AC Valhalla gameplay, then it was TLOU 2 being the worst game ever made and now it's the Halo Infinite controversy.

Just flavor of the week. By social media standards everyone will have forgotten it next week and jump on the next controversy bandwagon.

Avatar image for sirk1264
sirk1264

6176

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#14 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6176 Posts

Visuals aren’t that big of a deal to me. Gameplay is what matters. I liked what I saw gameplay wise so I’m still playing it.

Avatar image for jeezers
jeezers

5341

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@uninspiredcup: hey I like that shadowrun screenshot, one of my favorite MP games of last gen

On topic, I thought it looked good as far as, "it looked like halo, more in line with the look of halo 1, 2, and 3, and less like reach, 4, and 5.

Granted idc much about the SP, more excited for the MP, but the gunplay imo looked clean, and im getting the OG battle rifle so i was very happy.

Interested to see how the grappling hook will function, was worried that this would be a tool everyone started off with, i was happy to find out the hook is placed on the map like weapons are.

Im still excited for the game, spamming that brute screenshot is fair game tho I guess, that is an ugly screen shot lol but for the most part i liked what i saw.

But again its all about the MP for me, looking forward to seeing game modes and forge implementation tho.

Avatar image for jaydan
jaydan

3959

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#16 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 3959 Posts

It's apparently a big deal to those that weren't planning to play the game in the first place.

Avatar image for i_own_u_4ever
I_own_u_4ever

647

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By I_own_u_4ever
Member since 2020 • 647 Posts

343 has already Said Halo Infinite is a 10 year plan and they plan to modify it and continue to polish the graphics more and more. The best thing about Halo Infinite is it's back to being more like Halo Combat Evolved and this is a great thing.

Oh by the way the game play trailer from last week was an older build and they haven't added the final graphics touches to it. Oh yeah also Ray Tracing is still incoming.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

4158

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#18 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 4158 Posts

@Duckyindiana said:

@hardwenzen: What’s your point! Don’t care how long it took them and not my money spent making it as longs as it’s fun to play which is the whole point of gaming don’t care! So don’t need your opinion

This is you 😥

Avatar image for adsparky
adsparky

1930

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By adsparky
Member since 2006 • 1930 Posts

It is ok, but Halo shouldn't be okish; it's Xbox biggest game in the so called most powerful console ever, and the worst thing is that they managed everything after that less than poorly, saying it was an alpha running on a PC when the game is so close of its release date.

Avatar image for Duckyindiana
Duckyindiana

2496

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 2496 Posts

@hardwenzen: If you say so! I’ll enjoy the game and not care about looks! I take it you only play games that look pretty?

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

26556

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#21 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 26556 Posts

Not that big a deal for me. Makes 343 look very lazy, but I already knew they were. Not sure if I'll play the game at all, but if I do, it'll be practically for free, thanks to Game Pass.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

4158

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#22 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 4158 Posts

@Duckyindiana said:

@hardwenzen: If you say so! I’ll enjoy the game and not care about looks! I take it you only play games that look pretty?

Your question is too intelligent. I simply cannot give you an answer because my iq is too low.

What it could've been

What it is


And this shows only its shitty visuals, not the insane pop in everywhere you look at. Infinite is on par with NMS, Destiny 1 & 2, F76, Anthem and Andromeda. I am expecting a huge article made by Jason Schreier exposing the shitshow that is Infinite. But hey, everything looks fine to you, so when he does release the article, please don't read it, its all false and toxic.

Avatar image for Duckyindiana
Duckyindiana

2496

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 2496 Posts

@hardwenzen: Wow what can I say you truly are a moron! I say it looks fine to me and I’ll still enjoy. And somehow that got your knickers in a twist I’ll add you to the list of fan girls on here to ignore.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

42239

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 42239 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@pyro1245: yeah first it was the AC Valhalla gameplay, then it was TLOU 2 being the worst game ever made and now it's the Halo Infinite controversy.

Just flavor of the week. By social media standards everyone will have forgotten it next week and jump on the next controversy bandwagon.

AC Valhalla will definitely look good. Of all the criticisms to level against Assassins Creed, visuals is not one of them.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

4158

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#25 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 4158 Posts

@Duckyindiana said:

@hardwenzen: Wow what can I say you truly are a moron! I say it looks fine to me and I’ll still enjoy. And somehow that got your knickers in a twist I’ll add you to the list of fan girls on here to ignore.

Stop calling me a moron, that's very toxic. And don't you dare ignore me.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

4158

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 4158 Posts

Even the mega fans are worried (mega fans with brains/not wearing fanboy goggles)

Loading Video...
Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

35345

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#27 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 35345 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

AC Valhalla will definitely look good. Of all the criticisms to level against Assassins Creed, visuals is not one of them.

But mate, graphics don't matter to you. Or do they?

Avatar image for Sevenizz
Sevenizz

6166

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#28 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6166 Posts

Looked fine to me.

Avatar image for joshrmeyer
JoshRMeyer

11244

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#29 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 11244 Posts

Good thing lems have low standards and gamepass... bunch of bargain bin games incoming. I've never played a halo game nor wanted to play this one, but was expecting it to show off what the XSX can do. It's hilariously bad when compared to any other FPS. Destiny on base Xbox One looks better.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

42239

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 42239 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:

AC Valhalla will definitely look good. Of all the criticisms to level against Assassins Creed, visuals is not one of them.

But mate, graphics don't matter to you. Or do they?

If a games good not really, but Assassins Creed isn't good. We're 35 games in and it still can't do stealth.

Avatar image for Tessellation
Tessellation

9297

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#31 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

Things to blame : outdated art style , shit lighting solution , last gen assets, rushing the game and 343 team sucks...

Avatar image for chozofication
Chozofication

161

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#32 Chozofication
Member since 2020 • 161 Posts

Halo is soulless commercial crap at this point. Dude, halo ODST and reach look better. Reach looks WAY better. More cohesive art, and details.

Not all about the polygons bro

Avatar image for StrongDeadlift
StrongDeadlift

5756

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#33  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 5756 Posts
@Pedro said:

Not a deal breaker in the slightest because

Not only that, if you already own an Xbox it doesn't cost you $500 to play the game. 😎

I am looking forward to seeing my free apartments.

Bro I like u Pedro, but I believe you are on the wrong side of this.

Gamepass is a great value, but if the absolutely abysmal quality of what was shown on thursday is what we can expect, I dont want that shit anywhere near franchises that I care about. The same thing with the Cross-Gen debate.

I think Microsoft needs to:

  • Delay this game,
  • Completely restart development
  • Fix that awful artstyle. Build actual next gen assets.
  • Migrate to Unreal Engine 5 (because Slipspace Engine aint it chief),
  • Cancel the cross-gen and Lockhart versions,
  • Put the PC version on hold (Focus all of their priority/attention on polishing the Series X version, same as every other mainline game in the franchise, and port it to PC only after its done)
  • GO AWAY for as long as it takes. Even if it takes 3 years. I would rather wait 3 more years for the next Halo game, than have another BAD Halo game thats going to launch in survival mode and need emergency post launch support.
  • And FFS do not mention the words "live service platform that grows over time" or any variation of that statement EVER again. Distance yourself from that shit as far as possible.

This aint a matter of just polishing up the lighting. That entire game seemed uninspired even IF you look past the graphics. There wasnt a single thing shown in that demo that couldn't be done in Just Cause 4 or Far Cry 5 (sans grappling hook for FC5). The writing of that speech at the end was awful. Considering Halo 4 had excellent writing. The animations looked worse also. Damn, Halo 4 is such an unfairly maligned game considering its quality in ALL aspects, was FAR above anything shown on thursday.

Arent you tired of them being constantly embattled in this cycle of being on life support for years, and having to spend the next 3 years doing emergency overhauls, just to finally get a project that barely makes par with what it should've launched to begin with? They're not fighting a war to WIN. They're fighting just to stay alive. We need less of that from Xbox. And Halo.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
robert_sparkes

4580

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#34 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 4580 Posts

For me there's fun to be had in halo infinite the game isn't enough for me to get a series X but gamepass will change that for some.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

6278

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#35  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I'll be a Gamepass subscriber regardless, so it's irrelevant. Hope they improve the visuals but if it plays well I don't care that much. I play old games all the time so I'm pretty tolerant regarding graphics.

Avatar image for lamprey263
lamprey263

37494

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#36 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 37494 Posts

I don't think it looked bad, but the point of the event was to knock our socks off, so in a sense it failed to do that, which was bad. I am still getting a Series X anyways, and I am still looking forward to playing this game.

There's questions I have regarding the game's story direction though I feel have gone overlooked after the Halo Infinite graphics reaction that has dominated any discussion for the game. I imagine there's possibly some epic early game moments they neglected to use in the reveal to avoid spoilers but in game we learn that essentially the UNMC and possibly Earth have been annihilated. Also, there seems to be a missing gap in the timeline between events of both Halo Wars 2 and Halo 5 going to Infinite, such as the unresolved story around Cortana and the Guardians, and after events of Halo Wars 2 we know the Banished managed to capture High Charity from the Flood. Let alone we don't have a clue as to how this cataclysm UNMC and Earth happened. Did the Banished attack Earth? Did the Flood retreat and attack Earth after Banished attacked High Charity? Did Cortana and the Guardians do it? A little bit of everything? Surely all these factions in the Halo universe will come to a head here, or that just seems to be where events in previous games seem to be pointing.

So, what was Microsoft and 343 thinking making the presentation the way they did? Well, I think there's a myopic marketing they're pushing hoping the Halo fans will get psyched over cryptic suggestive plot developments that will have people scratching their heads and writing Reddit forums speculating the way Marvel movie fans or Game of Thrones fans throw out theories between episodes. Hell, their Halo Infinite Atriox teaser that didn't exite many seems to suggest to me this is the direction they're going with their marketing. But this is the problem here, fans of the series that might stand a chance to be excited in such a manner are probably already sold on this game anyways. The people MS and 343 need to market to are the hold-outs, the people who grumble "there hasn't been a good Halo game since...". These people aren't going to be excited having been out of the loop for several games. They needed to see gameplay and game design that will break that brick wall they've built up against the series for years, and the failure of the Halo Infinite reveal was that they tried to woo the wrong crowd.

Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

13961

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#37 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 13961 Posts

If it is very optimized those poor visuals allow it to run 100-200+ fps/hz I do not mind.

Avatar image for StrongDeadlift
StrongDeadlift

5756

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#38  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 5756 Posts

Bruh.......its bad out here guys

Avatar image for i_own_u_4ever
I_own_u_4ever

647

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By I_own_u_4ever
Member since 2020 • 647 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:
@Pedro said:

Not a deal breaker in the slightest because

Not only that, if you already own an Xbox it doesn't cost you $500 to play the game. 😎

I am looking forward to seeing my free apartments.

Bro I like u Pedro, but I believe you are on the wrong side of this.

Gamepass is a great value, but if the absolutely abysmal quality of what was shown on thursday is what we can expect, I dont want that shit anywhere near franchises that I care about. The same thing with the Cross-Gen debate.

I think Microsoft needs to:

  • Delay this game,
  • Completely restart development
  • Fix that awful artstyle. Build actual next gen assets.
  • Migrate to Unreal Engine 5 (because Slipspace Engine aint it chief),
  • Cancel the cross-gen and Lockhart versions,
  • Put the PC version on hold (Focus all of their priority/attention on polishing the Series X version, same as every other mainline game in the franchise, and port it to PC only after its done)
  • GO AWAY for as long as it takes. Even if it takes 3 years. I would rather wait 3 more years for the next Halo game, than have another BAD Halo game thats going to launch in survival mode and need emergency post launch support.
  • And FFS do not mention the words "live service platform that grows over time" or any variation of that statement EVER again. Distance yourself from that shit as far as possible.

This aint a matter of just polishing up the lighting. That entire game seemed uninspired even IF you look past the graphics. There wasnt a single thing shown in that demo that couldn't be done in Just Cause 4 or Far Cry 5 (sans grappling hook for FC5). The writing of that speech at the end was awful. Considering Halo 4 had excellent writing. The animations looked worse also. Damn, Halo 4 is such an unfairly maligned game considering its quality in ALL aspects, was FAR above anything shown on thursday.

Arent you tired of them being constantly embattled in this cycle of being on life support for years, and having to spend the next 3 years doing emergency overhauls, just to finally get a project that barely makes par with what it should've launched to begin with? They're not fighting a war to WIN. They're fighting just to stay alive. We need less of that from Xbox. And Halo.

Yeah and just throw that $500 Million out the window and start over. It's an early build graphics polish doesn't even happen until the final 30 days of development for games. Ray tracing has not even been put in yet.

Avatar image for i_own_u_4ever
I_own_u_4ever

647

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#40 I_own_u_4ever
Member since 2020 • 647 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

I don't think it looked bad, but the point of the event was to knock our socks off, so in a sense it failed to do that, which was bad. I am still getting a Series X anyways, and I am still looking forward to playing this game.

There's questions I have regarding the game's story direction though I feel have gone overlooked after the Halo Infinite graphics reaction that has dominated any discussion for the game. I imagine there's possibly some epic early game moments they neglected to use in the reveal to avoid spoilers but in game we learn that essentially the UNMC and possibly Earth have been annihilated. Also, there seems to be a missing gap in the timeline between events of both Halo Wars 2 and Halo 5 going to Infinite, such as the unresolved story around Cortana and the Guardians, and after events of Halo Wars 2 we know the Banished managed to capture High Charity from the Flood. Let alone we don't have a clue as to how this cataclysm UNMC and Earth happened. Did the Banished attack Earth? Did the Flood retreat and attack Earth after Banished attacked High Charity? Did Cortana and the Guardians do it? A little bit of everything? Surely all these factions in the Halo universe will come to a head here, or that just seems to be where events in previous games seem to be pointing.

So, what was Microsoft and 343 thinking making the presentation the way they did? Well, I think there's a myopic marketing they're pushing hoping the Halo fans will get psyched over cryptic suggestive plot developments that will have people scratching their heads and writing Reddit forums speculating the way Marvel movie fans or Game of Thrones fans throw out theories between episodes. Hell, their Halo Infinite Atriox teaser that didn't exite many seems to suggest to me this is the direction they're going with their marketing. But this is the problem here, fans of the series that might stand a chance to be excited in such a manner are probably already sold on this game anyways. The people MS and 343 need to market to are the hold-outs, the people who grumble "there hasn't been a good Halo game since...". These people aren't going to be excited having been out of the loop for several games. They needed to see gameplay and game design that will break that brick wall they've built up against the series for years, and the failure of the Halo Infinite reveal was that they tried to woo the wrong crowd.

Not for me and many. Honestly I thought the game play looked great for Halo and the guns had oomph and great sound, but what really took the cake is Avowed, Stalker 2 and Fable.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

4158

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#41 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 4158 Posts

@zaryia said:

If it is very optimized those poor visuals allow it to run 100-200+ fps/hz I do not mind.

No, you will take those 60fps, and tell yourself that those visuals and frames is all what's possible on a 12tflops system.

Avatar image for IMAHAPYHIPPO
IMAHAPYHIPPO

3869

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#42 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 3869 Posts

I'm a big enough fan of the series, I see myself getting it at launch, regardless. Whether or not that's on the Series X will come down to a few things: how good/bad it ends up looking, how much worse it performs on current gen hardware, and how much the Series X costs in unison with how much my One X will net me towards the purchase price.

To answer those specific parameters: if the Series X costs $399, I can sell the One X for at least $175, and Halo only runs in 4K 60 FPS on the Series X, I'll be playing it on the Series X.

If any of the above statement is not true, my PC or One X will do just fine.

Avatar image for StrongDeadlift
StrongDeadlift

5756

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#43  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 5756 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever said:

Yeah and just throw that $500 Million out the window and start over. It's an early build graphics polish doesn't even happen until the final 30 days of development for games. Ray tracing has not even been put in yet.

Yes. Exactly that. They clearly dont have anything to show for that "$500 million". And this game has the potential to permanently damage the brand equity of Halo, similar to Mass Effect: Andromeda or Fallout 76.

Also, it doesnt seem to stop MS from doing nonsensical wastes of money any other time. They blew $100 million on Ninja and Shroud to get them to shill Mixer. And what do they have to show for that now? Nothing. It was a nonsensical waste of money, but they cut their losses. They got rid of Mixer, and refocused their priorities.

Keep in mind, that was their whole plan for paying Ninja. Their "master plan" was to get him to eventually shill Halo Infinite when it came out, their "live service" game (read: vehicle for twitch streamers) and syphon his audience over. Imagine if they paid some of that money to....ahem...."reconcile" their differences with Marty O'Donnell, and get him to come back. And that mans been all over twitter and interviewing Halo superfans damn near begging MS to let him compose Halo again. He's made it clear he is interested, but MS are up their own asses.

I dont EVER want to hear MS are suddenly penny pinchers with their money again.

Avatar image for Star67
Star67

4783

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#44 Star67
Member since 2005 • 4783 Posts

So is system wars "Service Subscription Wars" now?

I don't give a damn about services, it's about games

@Pedro said:

Not a deal breaker in the slightest because

Not only that, if you already own an Xbox it doesn't cost you $500 to play the game. 😎

I am looking forward to seeing my free apartments.

Avatar image for Vaasman
Vaasman

14585

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#45 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 14585 Posts

The visuals aren't so much a dealbreaker for me as the fact that the gameplay just looks so utterly dated. It's just Halo with a grappling hook, and if I want Halo I'll check out the MCC for a much lower cost and much sooner. No point waiting around for it.

Avatar image for djoffer123
Djoffer123

406

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#46 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 406 Posts

Never cared much for halo, and this ain’t looking like this is the game that will do it for me! Will still play it on game pass though...

But yeah it is problematic when a 3 (?) year old game(D2) has a better showing than one of the flagship launch titles...

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

43891

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#47  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 43891 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:

Bro I like u Pedro, but I believe you are on the wrong side of this.

Gamepass is a great value, but if the absolutely abysmal quality of what was shown on thursday is what we can expect, I dont want that shit anywhere near franchises that I care about. The same thing with the Cross-Gen debate.

I think Microsoft needs to:

  • Delay this game,
  • Completely restart development
  • Fix that awful artstyle. Build actual next gen assets.
  • Migrate to Unreal Engine 5 (because Slipspace Engine aint it chief),
  • Cancel the cross-gen and Lockhart versions,
  • Put the PC version on hold (Focus all of their priority/attention on polishing the Series X version, same as every other mainline game in the franchise, and port it to PC only after its done)
  • GO AWAY for as long as it takes. Even if it takes 3 years. I would rather wait 3 more years for the next Halo game, than have another BAD Halo game thats going to launch in survival mode and need emergency post launch support.
  • And FFS do not mention the words "live service platform that grows over time" or any variation of that statement EVER again. Distance yourself from that shit as far as possible.

This aint a matter of just polishing up the lighting. That entire game seemed uninspired even IF you look past the graphics. There wasnt a single thing shown in that demo that couldn't be done in Just Cause 4 or Far Cry 5 (sans grappling hook for FC5). The writing of that speech at the end was awful. Considering Halo 4 had excellent writing. The animations looked worse also. Damn, Halo 4 is such an unfairly maligned game considering its quality in ALL aspects, was FAR above anything shown on thursday.

Wrong side of what? I have Gamepass and the game is coming to Gamepass. If the game is good or bad it doesn't change anything with my sub. Not sure which part you were confused on.

You pointed out that the there is nothing new with the gameplay and what was shown can be done in Just Cause 4 and Far Cry 5. Ok, what next game cannot be done on current gen? I didn't like Halo 4 or Halo 5. Not sure what was this beacon of writing in Halo 4 that you saw but I missed it. The only Halo game I genuinely enjoyed was reached. I am also not sure when it was requirement of a game to have features that couldn't be done in other games. That's an unrealistically tall order for any game and an odd one to because anything can be replicated.

Arent you tired of them being constantly embattled in this cycle of being on life support for years, and having to spend the next 3 years doing emergency overhauls, just to finally get a project that barely makes par with what it should've launched to begin with? They're not fighting a war to WIN. They're fighting just to stay alive. We need less of that from Xbox. And Halo.

What does Xbox being "embattled in this cycle of being life support for years" got to do with me? Why would I get tired? Xbox is third or fourth largest gaming company by revenue depending on the quarter. Not sure how they are on life support. The problem with some of you folks, you take this shit too seriously.

Avatar image for lamprey263
lamprey263

37494

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#48 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 37494 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever: are you by chance someone who hasn't played a Halo game for a few entries?

Anyhow, I agree with you, I thought the gun design and sounds were a nice development in the showing, but something (and kind of back to my point) I feel maybe I can appreciate having played latest entries in series and contrasting my experience with them with this new showing, and in general any positive takeaways from the Halo showing for me were taken from very subtle elements of the showing which might fly over heads of many who haven't touched a Halo game in maybe a decade or more and think this latest game looks no different than the last one they played

But hey, if you haven't touched a Halo game in years yet got excited by this, good to hear.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
PC_Rocks

4545

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#49 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 4545 Posts

SInce I never really cared about Halo apart from the fact that it started consolization of FPS. I'm just having fun laughing at its sorry state.

Avatar image for Chutebox
Chutebox

46712

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#50 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 46712 Posts

Not buying either way because I'm sick of shooters.

But hot damn does it look bad!