Horribly Reviewed Games you think are Awesome1

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

Everybody got one, lol. That game that just got killed in revies that you absolutely love. Name them and why. Here are mine.

1. Earth Defense Force 2017 - Metacritic score 69 - the framerate has to dip to single digits. The writing was atrocious, the computer-controlled AI were terrible shots and died almost immediately. The game had control issues as the vehicles were unusable. The tearing and slowdown were epically bad. But the atmosphere of an old school bug invasion movie was to me the best ever. The feeling that you were facing an overwhelming enemy with no hope of victory. One that had massive warships, fighters, massive robots and gigantic ants and spiders just made the game exciting as hell to me. Going down deep into ant infested tunnels hunting the Queen, figuring out what strategy would get you out alive. Loved the weapons and the random drops of them, and if you beat the game on the highest setting you got something called The Genocide Gun. That MF could kill anything and was worth somehow beating the game on the hardest setting. Overall I give the game a 9 and its just so much fun.

2. Ryse: Metacritic score 60 - amazing visuals, great atmosphere, good writing, and at the higher levels of difficulty strategy and skill was needed. Criminally underrated in single-player and multiplayer. I'd give it Solid 8.

Ok guys, instead of dissing each others choices how about we try to just share our own.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

knack

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

Crazy how lemmings go on about Ryse (4.0) being a great game when talking so much crap about Infamous scoring an 8 here. I never seen such a crazed bunch of hypocrites before.

lol at stealth, "Hey guys Ryse is really a great game" thread

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@casharmy said:

Crazy how lemmings go on about Ryse (4.0) being a great game when talking so much crap about Infamous scoring an 8 here. I never seen such a crazed bunch of hypocrites before.

This thread isn't about that. Way to add nothing of value.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Shadowrun and Tenchu Z on 360. 2 of my favorite games last gen, both got 5 or 6 here I think.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Zelda Skyward Sword

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By casharmy

@shawn30 said:

@casharmy said:

This thread isn't about that. Way to add nothing of value.

Blinx The Time Sweeper.

My personal platforming GOAT for the original xbox.

Edit:

I will also add Sudeki and Tao Feng and Brute Force to the xbox list.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The Last Remnant (Metacritic 66)

jimmarko21876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jimmarko21876
Member since 2004 • 429 Posts

@Sweenix said:

knack

+1

I played it and beat it before ever reading a review and thoroughly enjoyed it (was shocked by the 4 here). It was a little repetitive and the story was near non existant (I play games for fun, if I want a great story I'll read a book), but the games controls and visuals were spot on and consistant with no bugs or glitches experienced. A 4 is a broken game in my opinion and knack is no where near a broken game. I would give it a solid 7.5 or 8. I'm sure Ryse will be the same for me, but I haven't picked up Xone yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#11 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Pokemon Black 2 #neverforget

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes and Resident Evil 6.

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts

the last remnant , enchanted arms....probably alot of rpgs lol. I liked Ryse alot, played twice and a bit of the MP but I'm a roman and medieval junky

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Probably Viking Battle for asgard, Alone in the dark inferno, Timeshift, Army Of Two,

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Ryse no doubt.....fun game all around.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chikenfriedrice

@casharmy said:

Crazy how cows call Titanfall a bad game when it scored a 9....shouldn't throw stones when you live in a glass house eh.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

LOL at people saying Ryse.

It's crap like most of the Xbone games.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 casharmy

@chikenfriedrice said:

@casharmy said:

Crazy how cows call Titanfall a bad game when it scored a 9....shouldn't throw stones when you live in a glass house eh.

No, cows laughed at lems when they did nothing but post in the Infamous stickie for hours on end the same day Titanfall released.

I never criticized the game for getting a 9, I criticized posters who hyped the game as great and then spent the majority of their time on System Wars talking about other games they can't play the same day it released.

I can throw stones because I spent whole days with Infamous not even bothering to look at the forums when playing unlike posters whom I know had titanfall yet rather talk about a PS4 exclusive. No glass house metaphor applies when talking to me so..

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

All the Yakuza games!

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chikenfriedrice

@casharmy said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@casharmy said:

No, cows laughed at lems when they did nothing but post in the Infamous stickie for hours on end the same day Titanfall released.

I never criticized the game for getting a 9, I criticized posters who hyped the game as great and then spent the majority of their time on System Wars talking about other games they can't play the same day it released.

I can throw stones because I spent whole days with Infamous not even bothering to look at the forums when playing unlike posters whom I know had titanfall yet rather talk about a PS4 exclusive. No glass house metaphor applies when talking to me so..

HAHA.....I guess you never checked the Titanfall thread......hypocrite FTW

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

@donalbane said:

Shadowrun and Tenchu Z on 360. 2 of my favorite games last gen, both got 5 or 6 here I think.

Shadowrun was this ish! I love(d) that game. I might play it tonight.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By casharmy

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@casharmy said:

Go visit any one of the hundreds of titanfall threads that cows created in the lead up to launch. then go and look at the official hype thread (not the recent sticky) and look at that the shit that cows filled that thread with. it is filled with posts from fools like "grenade launcher" an "juarbles" who add nothing to this forum but shite.

Cows got off lightly with that infamous thread, you had one dude winding up cows for pages, nothing more.

lol are you kidding?

I have seen the titanfall threads and there are nothing compared to the Infamous Second Son shitstorm.

But to put things in perspective, my comment was directly related to lemmings JUST now going on about how Infamous must not be a great game because of it's score, I am talking the still stickied Infamous thread. The titanfall response made no sense because most cows only made fun of the *hype* and sales predictions that the lemmings made for the game, not the actual quality of the game based on scores.

Lemmings were trying to comment on the actual quality of infamous using nothing but scores as their fuel going on endless rants on how bad a game that scored an 8.0 is.

Also that fool you are referring to is still posting in the Infamous hype thread using youtube videos and lowest scoring reviews to make long drawn out essays about how the game feels to him, Still having not played it!

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Animal-Mother

Crazy how nobody can show anybody and the TC user respect who's just trying to make a different system wars thread.

Seriously can anybody just write down what games they like other than just "LOL TEH COWS" or "LOL TEH LEMMINGS" ?

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@lhughey said:

@donalbane said:

Yeah I wonder if anybody still plays it anymore. I loved being the elf with the Katana. "Katana!!!!"

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By casharmy

@Animal-Mother said:

Crazy how nobody can show anybody and the TC user respect who's just trying to make a different system wars thread.

Seriously can anybody just write down what games they like other than just "LOL TEH COWS" or "LOL TEH LEMMINGS" ?

LOL, SHUT UP HERM.

Better?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Animal-Mother

@casharmy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

LOL, SHUT UP HERM.

Better?

No haha :P

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@casharmy said:

something tells me this thread is a butthurt answer to the ryse thread, he can't still get over the fact ryse is garbage to everyone except some hardcore known lems who just "happen" to enjoy it.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 casharmy

@Animal-Mother said:

@casharmy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

LOL, SHUT UP HERM.

Better?

Well damn that is the best I can do

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Animal-Mother

@casharmy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@casharmy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

LOL, SHUT UP HERM.

Better?

Well damn that is the best I can do

Well thank you anyways kind sir!

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

@donalbane said:

@lhughey said:

@donalbane said:

Yeah I wonder if anybody still plays it anymore. I loved being the elf with the Katana. "Katana!!!!"

Yeah, I'm always playing the elf also. Its a shame they never had any additional maps for it.

I don't know. I'm going to hop on tonight and see if I can find some games.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@Sweenix said:

knack

I even enjoyed Ryse.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Recently, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory on the 3DS.

Didn't take long for this thread to go full derp though. Not surprised.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

Regardless of the reviews. I like pretty much any game all the way down to 3 out of 10. Kane and Lynch 2 was good.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

RYSE..its not even close!

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By casharmy

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@casharmy said:

Go visit any one of the hundreds of titanfall threads that cows created in the lead up to launch. then go and look at the official hype thread (not the recent sticky) and look at that the shit that cows filled that thread with. it is filled with posts from fools like "grenade launcher" an "juarbles" who add nothing to this forum but shite.

Cows got off lightly with that infamous thread, you had one dude winding up cows for pages, nothing more.

lol are you kidding?

I have seen the titanfall threads and there are nothing compared to the Infamous Second Son shitstorm.

But to put things in perspective, my comment was directly related to lemmings JUST now going on about how Infamous must not be a great game because of it's score, I am talking the still stickied Infamous thread. The titanfall response made no sense because most cows only made fun of the *hype* and sales predictions that the lemmings made for the game, not the actual quality of the game based on scores.

Lemmings were trying to comment on the actual quality of infamous using nothing but scores as their fuel going on endless rants on how bad a game that scored an 8.0 is.

Also that fool you are referring to is still posting in the Infamous hype thread using youtube videos and lowest scoring reviews to make long drawn out essays about how the game feels to him, Still having not played it!

Lol, you are either incredibly deluded mentalist, or a liar.

There was one guy in the infamous thread "tymsersfate" or something, winding you cows up for page after page. there is nothing in that thread that makes it a "shit storm".

Titanfall has seen endless threads, the days upto and post launch were a joke here, with about 6 new titanfall threads (made by cows) getting locked on a daily basis.

Nothing comes close to the amount of upset that titanfall caused, not even halo.

you are either lying or you are clueless.

lol well you are incredibly deluded and a liar. congratulations.

No need to go posting your mental projections on me with accusations of "liar" and such nonsense. I can point to the simple fact that you say "There was one guy in the infamous thread.." to show that you are both deluded and a liar, no need to expand to any other points.

As it is with most other lemming arguments, It ended in an attempt to make things personal when the argument didn't suit your fanboyism. The only thing that surprises me here is the fact that I even take the time to give replies to posts like yours.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Just Gamespot scores (That I disagree with):

Toy Commander - Dreamcast (6.7)

Fur Fighters - Dreamcast (7.0)

Duke Nukem Forever - PC (3.5)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#42 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58951 Posts

Resident Evil Revelations is a great game on infernal mode. Gamespots review was far too harsh imo.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

Ryse and Knack.. I found knack so fun. Ryse was the most underrated so far this gen. Best looking game imo until infamous hit of course.. It scored badly with reviewers because it's such a straight forward game but yes on the harder difficulties you were forced to adapt your strategy.. Something most reviewers probably didn't do.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Cryostasis. Most sites gave it a 6-7. Imo one of the best fps-horror game with one of the best stories and great atmosphere. Though gamespot review did the game justice ( got a well deserved 8 here )

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@casharmy said:

Cows are just as bad as lems, if not worse

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

Some of the best games I played this gen were panned far and wide, but the one with the worst score that I love the most is hands down TMNT: Out of the Shadows.

It was the first attempt at taking the modern combo/counter-based beat 'em up and mixing multiplayer in. Granted, the genre isn't exactly suited to multiplayer, but it has an awesome combat system, 4 complete game modes and both online and offline co op for 2-4 players. Bugs or no, it is an amazing amount of content for 15 bucks.

And the bugs aren't as bad as the reviewers claim.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@dommeus said:

@casharmy said:

Cows are just as bad as lems, if not worse

Definitely worse. And I'm a Playstation fan, so it kind of sucks. Please excuse my people.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Nier.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#49 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Resident Evil 6

Scourge: Outbreak

Blades of Time

DOA Xtreme 2

Lollipop Chainsaw

Samurai Warriors 3

Sonic and the Secret Rings

Some weren't horribly reviewed, but whatever. I think I might be missing some.

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

Knack, Lost Planet 2, Lair, Army of Two. and many more I'm sure