Holy crap! imagine the graphics of RDR3, HZD 2, Next gen GOW , next gen gears of war etc...

• 133 results
fileman3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fileman3
Member since 2005 • 401 Posts

with the ps5 news that came out recently has me so hyped for next gen!!

this was the first gen where i was legit blown by the graphics and how realistic the games look.

just imagine how amazing some of the late gen ps5, Next xbox games are gonna look!!

and yes i know PC is always gonna be superior because you can upgrade anytime unlike consoles but how many games are built to take advantage of PC like crysis was in 07? not many right lol

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts

I'm guessing they'll be similar to this gen, but a little bit better?

It has been a very long time since we last saw huge leaps in graphical power between console generations.

fileman3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fileman3
Member since 2005 • 401 Posts

@Planeforger: a little bit better?

HZD, uncharted 4, Gears, RDR2 especially are miles above anything the ps3,360 had to offer . you don't agree????

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8488 Posts

Yup, pretty easy. Minor graphical advancements with native 4K.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

I don't care much about graphics anyway. I want more games like persona, or botw, or odyssey, Bloodborne(we got sekiro), etc. And fancy that, most of them aren't graphical powerhouses.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

Photogrammetry and better AI is what I want to see next gen.

This could be the first gen where near, real life graphcis could be achieved. If character models could reach the next level that is...

Addict187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Addict187
Member since 2008 • 1128 Posts

@Planeforger said:

It has been a very long time since we last saw huge leaps in graphical power between console generations.

LOL you sir are just being silly this vid should give you an idea why https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uarGe1Q5p08 the leap from ps3 to ps4 was huge and will be even bigger with the ps5

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Meh, gone are the days when next gen truly looks next gen.

The OG Xbox was the last generation where that console blew me away from anything prior - even its relevant competitors.

Don’t get me wrong, subsequent Xboxes impress me and I know they’re more powerful, but it’s not jaw dropping. I’m still look forward to Microsoft’s next system - but are we sure we need it yet? Maybe E3 will convince me.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts
@Planeforger said:

What are you talking about? RDR vs RDR2 is a huge leap in graphics.

Even the newest COD games look much more impressive than what was released on PS3/360.

Its incredibly dishonest to say that current gen didn't see a big leap in graphics over last gen.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

Stop, you're gonna make the Pee Salty Seas even saltier for this time of year. lol :P

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Stop, you're gonna make the Pee Salty Seas even saltier for this time of year. lol :P

I hear the beggar race coming ITT as we post

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9868 Posts

Yep, gonna be amazing :D! I think that the faster memory (ssd) could mean some gameplay improvements for OWs like much faster horses! And finally ne cpus. Bring on all that juicy physics! I want wind, water, fire and destruction!

@emgesp said:
@Planeforger said:

Even the newest COD games look much more impressive than what was released on PS3/360.

Its incredibly dishonest to say that current gen didn't see a big leap in graphics over last gen.

To be fair RDR1 and RDR2 looks exactly the same on PC.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#14 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69771 Posts

LMAO, when some gamers are too blind to see thresholds they think every console iteration is going to be miles ahead of the previous. Little do they know that each significant jump requires exponentially stronger hardware but for some reason 2-3 processing increase is going to be leaps and bounds better than the midgen refresh.??

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SecretPolice

@Sushiglutton said:

Yep, gonna be amazing :D! I think that the faster memory (ssd) could mean some gameplay improvements for OWs like much faster horses! And finally ne cpus. Bring on all that juicy physics! I want wind, water, fire and destruction!

@emgesp said:
@Planeforger said:

RDR1 on PC? When did this happen?

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sushiglutton

@SecretPolice said:
@Sushiglutton said:

@emgesp said:
@Planeforger said:

RDR1 on PC? When did this happen?

That was the joke, guess it failed lol

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SecretPolice

@Sushiglutton:

Haha, well, I normally spot that kind of thing but failed to do so here. Carry on. lol :)

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sushiglutton

*Tips hat*, carry on :)

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

The 2 biggest leaps were PS2 > PS3 and PS1 > PS2 imo

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#20 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59079 Posts

Imagine the gameplay.

Loading Video...

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1003 Posts

Seems like the biggest jump we will see is games loading in a few seconds, pop in being a thing of the past, textures will fully resolve instantly via the very fast SSD, and physics and AI will be unlike anything we've seen even on PC. Going from 8 awful Jaguar cores to 8 zen2 cores with presumably 16 threads will be a factor of 7-10X performance. And while PC has great physics simulation no game is particularly coded to take advantage of 16 powerful threads like a console can be.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 emgesp
@Sushiglutton said:

@emgesp said:
@Planeforger said:

LOL, it took me awhile to get that.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

Yup, pretty easy. Minor graphical advancements with native 4K.

Larger VRAM enables better art assets to be processed at real time.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

If you want to see what next games look like, check out some gameplay videos of current games on PC ;D

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@nfamouslegend said:

Seems like the biggest jump we will see is games loading in a few seconds, pop in being a thing of the past, textures will fully resolve instantly via the very fast SSD, and physics and AI will be unlike anything we've seen even on PC. Going from 8 awful Jaguar cores to 8 zen2 cores with presumably 16 threads will be a factor of 7-10X performance. And while PC has great physics simulation no game is particularly coded to take advantage of 16 powerful threads like a console can be.

Few PC games has large NPC scaling e.g. Ashes of Singularity

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NfamousLegend

@ArchoNils2: you're wrong. Developers don't make PC ports with the thought that everyone has a blazing fast SSD. The Spideman demo proved this point. You will never be able to swing through new York, fly through Ace Combat, or land any faster in PUBG on PC due to streaming limitations. PS5 developers will know every console has a stupid fast SSD so they will accommodate for that. Further no PC game is coded to take full advantage of 16 fast threads.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@fileman3 said:

with the ps5 news that came out recently has me so hyped for next gen!!

this was the first gen where i was legit blown by the graphics and how realistic the games look.

just imagine how amazing some of the late gen ps5, Next xbox games are gonna look!!

and yes i know PC is always gonna be superior because you can upgrade anytime unlike consoles but how many games are built to take advantage of PC like crysis was in 07? not many right lol

Well that's wrong. Pretty much, every single AAA game that comes to PC (and probably many AA) can push hardware boundaries. Otherwise we'd be running all games maxed out at 4k/144fps (240fps in some cases depending on the screen's limit) with any system more powerful than a current console. Unfortunately there isn't a graphics card available today that can do that.

If you hit a max frame rate before your monitor limit, even when it's set to uncapped, then the game is using the GPU to its' maximum (there is a bit more to it than that but that's the basic jist).

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3078 Posts

@jasonofa36: exactly. RDR2 might be pretty, but the game wasn't fun.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

Lol. R* has at least another gen of milking before they make another SP game.

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FantasyGamer
Member since 2015 • 517 Posts

@knight-k said:
@SecretPolice said:

I hear the beggar race coming ITT as we post

We PC gamers will have Microsoft upcoming games , like gears 5 , Halo infinite , and ninja theory next project etc ..

And oh, we have PC exclusive Squadron 42 , so you Sony fanboys don't start begging for these games on PlayStation ok ?..

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#31  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts

I don't know what is sadder... the focus on how much better the graphics are going to be instead of gameplay and simulation advancement... or the mentioning of sequels and no new IPs. This is why games have generally been the same shit for the past 2 generations. The average gamer has such low standards and expectations. This is why developers keep feeding gamers the same shit with a new garnish on the side to make it look pretty.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

@nfamouslegend said:

you're wrong. Developers don't make PC ports with the thought that everyone has a blazing fast SSD. The Spideman demo proved this point. You will never be able to swing through new York, fly through Ace Combat, or land any faster in PUBG on PC due to streaming limitations. PS5 developers will know every console has a stupid fast SSD so they will accommodate for that. Further no PC game is coded to take full advantage of 16 fast threads.

Do you even know what an SSD is?

It's a solid state drive. Drive as in hard drive. It's a storage device, nothing more. All assets are loaded at the beginning of a level, so it does NOT improve in-game performance whatsoever. It will only drastically reduce loading times between them and transitions. A PC port (or any game) doesn't need to built around an SSD, the read speeds just do their thing on their own. PC games are entirely installed on the hard drive, this means they can load files as fast as that drive can read them. Since PC games aren't held back by physical disk reading speeds either, this process is faster still.

Also, threads aren't fast. Cores are fast. Additionally, thermal constraints for a theoretically small device will most likely mean core speeds will be middling at best. Expect sub 3.5Ghz for each core, and that's being very generous.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@fileman3: HZD 2, if launched for ps5 will be sick, given what they were able to do with HZD on very weak hardware.

We're talking an 8 core ryzen, with a gpu roughly on par with a gtx 1080, minus a lot of the overhead associated with running windows, and of course only one hardware config to build for. I just hope HZD2 shows up sooner in the ps5 lifecycle than HZD did for ps4.

Oh, and 60 fps plz.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NfamousLegend

@The_Stand_In: That’s just one consequence of an SSD. There’s also the speed with which a world can be rendered, and thus the speed with which a character can move through that world. Cerny runs a similar two-console demonstration, this time with the camera moving up one of Midtown’s avenues. On the original PS4, the camera moves at about the speed Spidey hits while web-slinging. “No matter how powered up you get as Spider-Man, you can never go any faster than this,” Cerny says, “because that's simply how fast we can get the data off the hard drive.” On the next-gen console, the camera speeds uptown like it’s mounted to a fighter jet. Periodically, Cerny pauses the action to prove that the surrounding environment remains perfectly crisp. (While the next-gen console will support 8K graphics, TVs that deliver it are few and far between, so we’re using a 4K TV.)

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/

This will effect gameplay, not just loading times or simple storage.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

This is sorta true of every gen I think.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By emgesp

@ArchoNils2 said:

If you want to see what next games look like, check out some gameplay videos of current games on PC ;D

There isn't a game on PC actually released that looks a generation better than current console exclusives. PC has some games that run with better frame rates, resolution and higher textures, but still looks like current gen for the most part.

There will be PS5 exclusives that blow what PC is currently doing out of the water.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@nfamouslegend said:

@The_Stand_In: That’s just one consequence of an SSD. There’s also the speed with which a world can be rendered, and thus the speed with which a character can move through that world. Cerny runs a similar two-console demonstration, this time with the camera moving up one of Midtown’s avenues. On the original PS4, the camera moves at about the speed Spidey hits while web-slinging. “No matter how powered up you get as Spider-Man, you can never go any faster than this,” Cerny says, “because that's simply how fast we can get the data off the hard drive.” On the next-gen console, the camera speeds uptown like it’s mounted to a fighter jet. Periodically, Cerny pauses the action to prove that the surrounding environment remains perfectly crisp. (While the next-gen console will support 8K graphics, TVs that deliver it are few and far between, so we’re using a 4K TV.)

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-sony-next-gen-console/

This will effect gameplay, not just loading times or simple storage.

Yea but what hes saying is there are no hardcoded limitaitons on PC games, maybe the Spiderman devs had to put a limit in? but thats an exception.

Asset/texture pop in is the main issue here, and hasn't been a Biiiiiig issue on PC for a decade. Only game in recent memory I can think of is Star Citizen loading planets, and that was product-based issue.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#38 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

Lol. R* has at least another gen of milking before they make another SP game.

Yes, I think this is their plan: release the PC version I think maybe late 2019 or 2020. Then release RDR 2 on the new generation in early 20s and then release RDR(original) Remaster with multiplayer mid to late 20s.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@emgesp said:
@ArchoNils2 said:

There isn't a game on PC actually released that looks a generation better than current console exclusives. PC has some games that run with better frame rates, resolution and higher textures, but still looks like current gen for the most part.

There will be PS5 exclusives that blow what PC is currently doing out of the water.

LOL Facts!

And the funny thing is PC and xbox drones KNOW this and that's why they make all these whinny arguments suggesting either there will be no improvement or there will only be a small difference from current gen games when that's a completely moronic argument for a generational upgrade like PS5.

They say this because that is what THEY expect they will have to deal with on their preferred systems and fruitlessly WISH the same for Sony's system out of spite.

PC has no generations nor high profile AAA exclusives developed specifically for the highest end GPUs and MS is splitting their development with multiple SKUs crippling their ability to push the highest level experience for the high end xbox and THAT is why these drones are so negative on the prospect of advancements of next gen games.

These fanboys are completely reliant on mutiplat devs to supply them with their next gen experience and multiplats never fully push hardware the way coded to the metal exclusives can so they pretend generations are dead and imagine Sony won't develop their games on the new standard they have in the PS5.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@fantasygamer said:

We PC gamers will have Microsoft upcoming games , like gears 5 , Halo infinite , and ninja theory next project etc ..

And oh, we have PC exclusive Squadron 42 , so you Sony fanboys don't start begging for these games on PlayStation ok ?..

lol at PC excluisve. Get real buddy

Funny that Star Citizen set to release the same year next gen starts (PS5) 2020. You PC guys have been good beta testers.

There is literally nothing preventing next gen console from fully playing SC unlike current gen consoles. You PC guys been hanging on Star Citizen this entire generation beta testing like cucks lol.

They are going to 100% port this game to both PS5 and nxt box shortly after release just like Divinity Original Sin II that PC fans were gloating about as a PC exclusive.

Any PC exclusive that gets any kind of success literally always gets ported to consoles and Star Citizen will be no different, they probably already have a PS5 build up and running.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Pedro said:

LMAO, when some gamers are too blind to see thresholds they think every console iteration is going to be miles ahead of the previous. Little do they know that each significant jump requires exponentially stronger hardware but for some reason 2-3 processing increase is going to be leaps and bounds better than the midgen refresh.??

yup...

most of the upgrade next gen will be the 1TB SSD thats where 100$ of the console will be. 300$ for the rest of the console(cpu/gpu/ram). graphics difference will be less than ps3>ps4. unless developers suddenly decide to target 60fps instead of 4k which i doubt.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 emgesp
@KBFloYd said:
@Pedro said:

yup...

most of the upgrade next gen will be the 1TB SSD thats where 100$ of the console will be. 300$ for the rest of the console(cpu/gpu/ram). graphics difference will be less than ps3>ps4. unless developers suddenly decide to target 60fps instead of 4k which i doubt.

There is way more to visuals than frame rates and resolution.

PS5 has three key hardware specs that will change game development for next-gen.

8 Core Zen 2 CPU

Navi GPU with Ray-Tracing capabilities.

SSD

All three combined are going to offer a pretty huge leap compared to current gen. We still don't know the ram situation, but expect at the very least 16GBs of GDDR6 memory with 500+GB/s bandwidth for actual game development. XB1X already offered 9GBs of GDDR5 for game development in 2017 and that wasn't even a true next-gen console.

Once developers target PS5 specs as the new baseline you will see some pretty big improvements in visuals. Early on it will be a lot of cross gen titles with maybe a couple of launch next-gen exclusives just like PS4. The transition from current gen to next gen will go far more smoothly than PS3 to PS4.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PC_Rocks

@emgesp said:
@ArchoNils2 said:

I know right, just like PS4 exclusives blow what the PC was doing years earlier. /sarcasm

Loading Video...

Oh and Metro 2033 from 2010. How it had to be nerfed to run on PS4 after 4 years.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By emgesp
@pc_rocks said:
@emgesp said:
@ArchoNils2 said:

I know right, just like PS4 exclusives blow what the PC was doing years earlier. /sarcasm

Oh and Metro 2033 from 2010. How it had to be nerfed to run on PS4 after 4 years.

The best looking PS4 exclusives do look better than what PC was doing at the time. Uncharted 4 still looks better than 99% of PC exclusives.

Also, that video is cherry picking certain scenes and one is a FPS vs a TPS. At least compare the same genre.

Lastly, plenty of FPS multiplats on current gen look much better than Metro 2033, so why even bring that up? I mean we can just use Metro Exodus as an example. Everyone and their Mother knows that the original Metro 2033 game was not very optimized.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PC_Rocks

@emgesp said:
@pc_rocks said:
@emgesp said:
@ArchoNils2 said:

The best looking PS4 exclusives do look better than what PC was doing at the time. Uncharted 4 still looks better than 99% of PC exclusives.

Also, that video is cherry picking certain scenes and one is a FPS vs a TPS. At least compare the same genre.

Lastly, plenty of FPS multiplats on current gen look much better than Metro 2033, so why even bring that up? I mean we can just use Metro Exodus as an example. Everyone and their Mother knows that the original Metro 2033 game was not very optimized.

Who brought exclusives? DO I see a goal post move? You claimed console exclusives below the PC games out of the water which was factually proven to be false.

And it's not cherry picking, UC4 looks outright garbage outside of close up faces/cutscenes. One is a flagship 2016 Sony exclusive other was a last gen 2013 game on PC. One has fully dyanmic lighting, shadows, GI, caustics, reflections, particle effects, foliage. Other baked 99.9999999% of its stuff. It's apples to apples. YOu knows get owned even more, fine compare KZ:SF to Crysis 3 and gets pwned even more. I think I already mentioned the lies GG made about it in the other thread where I'm owning you over Sony lies. Crysis 3 is still more advanced than 100% of PS4 exclusives.

None of the games on PS4 or even Pro has fully dynamic lighting. So yeah and the fact remains a 2010 game needed to be downgraded in order to make it run on PS4 4 years later. You have been royally owned.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 emgesp
@pc_rocks said:

Who brought exclusives? DO I see a goal post move? You claimed console exclusives below the PC games out of the water which was factually proven to be false.

And it's not cherry picking, UC4 looks outright garbage outside of close up faces/cutscenes. One is a flagship 2016 Sony exclusive other was a last gen 2013 game on PC. One has fully dyanmic lighting, shadows, GI, caustics, reflections, particle effects, foliage. Other baked 99.9999999% of its stuff. It's apples to apples. YOu knows get owned even more, fine compare KZ:SF to Crysis 3 and gets pwned even more. I think I already mentioned the lies GG made about it in the other thread where I'm owning you over Sony lies. Crysis 3 is still more advanced than 100% of PS4 exclusives.

None of the games on PS4 or even Pro has fully dynamic lighting. So yeah and the fact remains a 2010 game needed to be downgraded in order to make it run on PS4 4 years later. You have been royally owned.

I was talking about exclusives. That was my original point you quoted.

Uncharted 4 as a whole is extremely impressive, sure you can cherry pick scenes that aren't flattering, but anyone could do that. Anyways Uncharted 4 has since been surpassed in graphical fidelity by other PS4 exclusives.

I don't care if Metro 2033 uses fully dynamic lighting when the overal graphics still look outdated to whats been released since on PS4/PS4 Pro. Just because a game uses fully dynamic lighting doesn't mean it automatically looks better than anything that doesn't use FDL. Metro Exodus on PS4 Pro looks much better graphically than Metro 2033.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

It’ll look like how games look on a pc at 4k running in 60fps with ray tracing. Looks good but you don’t have to imagine. “Next gen” already started on pc about a year ago.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

This is from the upcoming Days Gone. Sony Bend, the developer, doesn't have console experience (previous games were Vita games and Bubsy 3D lol). If they can do this for 2013 hardware, next-gen will be JAW-DROPPING!

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Cows talking about graphics, now there's a shocker NOT.

I don't think I've seen a thread from cows talking about gameplay in any of its movie games, I wonder why???

TCHBO.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Cows talking about graphics, now there's a shocker NOT.

I don't think I've seen a thread from cows talking about gameplay in any of its movie games, I wonder why???

TCHBO.

This thread was about graphics. Look at the thread title. In other threads (like the one about the PS5's released specs) it's about power, so graphics come up.

There's plenty of other threads to talk about gameplay. See the long one on RDR2 that is going back and forth.

Also, it goes without saying the games that Cows enjoy playing have great graphics and great gameplay. They go hand in hand with talented developers. Users here just don't have to mention it in every single post. I know The Last of Us 2 will have better gameplay (and be far more influential and create bigger reverberations around the industry) than Gears of War 5. I know Ghosts of Tsushima will be way more fun than the flop that was Crackdown 3.

God of War, Spider-Man, Horizon - we don't just love them for how good-looking they are. They were fun, took much needed risks and pushed boundaries (and won way more awards collectively than any 3 Xbone games you can name).