MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts

I’m glad to hear that this game has received good scores. I may just buy the game physically when it comes out on the off chance it isn’t to my liking and I can resell it. I did the same with Dead Space Remake, which I haven’t even been playing. Oops!

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Yeah, I’m getting the PC version. That way I can control who to and who not to give my money. Love PC for that power of choice.

But I still will be reviewing all versions of the game 2/10 for personal reasons.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#53 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

Yeah make sure to also block Rowling on twitter and protest out in the world to really make sure she knows you hate this game. I'm sure she'll change her views then.

Keep fighting the good fight, little keyboard warrior!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#54 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

who cares someone political views. games should be judge based on game.

gamespot one of few open minded community left. otherwise we have toxic place like Era and reddit.

Tell that to Hideo Kojima after Death Stranding. Tell that to Josh Sawyer whose politics you can see in New Vegas.

And "Gamespot?" "Open minded?"

Loading Video...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46283 Posts

What a cool detail that the Mario Movie poster has rainbow road too, forever my favourite track.

Hopefully Hogwarts legacy will get its own spin off movie. I think this wizardry setting is ripe for the big screen!

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Mesome713

@R4gn4r0k: That will never happen, movie critics would tear her to shreds. You think gamer reviewers are bad.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 R4gn4r0k

@mesome713 said:

@R4gn4r0k: That will never happen, movie critics would tear her to shreds. You think gamer reviewers are bad.

What are your thoughts on the newest mario movie poster?

I like everyone on there but for Luigi they should've picked his death stare:

I love Luigi the most, but only if he stares into your soul and discovers your internet search history.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#58  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34608 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@R4gn4r0k: Yeah, I’m getting the PC version. That way I can control who to and who not to give my money. Love PC for that power of choice.

But I still will be reviewing all versions of the game 2/10 for personal reasons.

Because a 1/10 just wouldn't be taken seriously.

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#59 Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts

I'll wait for a sale down the line .. but it is a pleasant surprise 😊

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Mesome713

@Litchie: Yeah, most sites ignore 1/10 scores due to review bombing. So you gotta 2/10 or 3/10 to sneak pass the robots.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 nintendoboy16

Still ain't buying the game. Besides reasons obvious with Rowling, I have two pre-orders with money invested right now (Tales of Symphonia having wrapped up).

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2447 Posts

I enjoy reading performative outrage

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

I have never read a HP book or seen a movie so this game does not automatically grab me like it does people who are entrenched in the HP world.

I will check out gameplay and if it looks fun I will probably buy it (when it drops in price because I refuse to pay almost $90 Canadian before taxes to play a game)

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

@mesome713: that'll teach them!🤣🤣🤣

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@mesome713: the heck. There's lots of games with homophobic developers. Miyamoto san is probably homophobic too. Most Japanese people are, especially the older crowd. He just hides it better, because he's smart enough to know better.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

We all know mesome had this pre-ordered way back.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 911 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Still ain't buying the game. Besides reasons obvious with Rowling, I have two pre-orders with money invested right now (Tales of Symphonia having wrapped up).

You might want to refund those pre-orders because it's likely people involved (including higher ups) are not supportive of the idea of transgender

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 R4gn4r0k

@SOedipus said:

We all know mesome had this pre-ordered way back.

He's just sour the Switch version got delayed the most.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Mesome713

@R4gn4r0k: Switch version is only version I won’t rate 2/10. I’ll be rating that one 9/10 for the kids.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@mesome713 said:

Don’t forget everyone, you can get this game for free on PC 😎

But can you get this on the switch?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 nintendoboy16

@templecow90999: Until Bandai Namco and Capcom's people are loud about it as JK (to the point where she influenced Scottish and American politics on the matter). No...

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Mesome713

@ermacness: Yes, coming soon to Switch.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#73  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Sounds like some people here spend way too much time on Reddit.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56097 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: I do believe Fantastic Beast is doing that as it's more flesh out from Harry Potter itself. I'll be purchasing this on Steam this Friday as I'm still playing other games.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3399 Posts

Avalanche is an interesting developer, Mad Max is an underrated open world gem.

I know this is based on a children/juvenile book series but it might be cool. Maybe if it comes to gamepass or cheap 2nd hand I'll give it a chance.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 R4gn4r0k

@davillain said:

@R4gn4r0k: I do believe Fantastic Beast is doing that as it's more flesh out from Harry Potter itself. I'll be purchasing this on Steam this Friday as I'm still playing other games.

While fantastic beasts has a strong main character, it doesn't have a strong supporting cast like Harry Potter has.

Basically any character from Harry Potter is very reconigsable and has their own personality and sub story.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 R4gn4r0k
@kathaariancode said:

Avalanche is an interesting developer, Mad Max is an underrated open world gem.

I know this is based on a children/juvenile book series but it might be cool. Maybe if it comes to gamepass or cheap 2nd hand I'll give it a chance.

It's super confusing, but Mad Max, Just Cause and the hunting games are from a different Avalanche.

This is a developer that has only done smaller and mobile games, so for them to nail a AAA game with a score of 86 even shaming some of the big ones like Square Enix, is a fantastic feat.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@mesome713 said:

I’m not buying from this homophobic author. Pass on this trash.

That's homophobicphobic!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Might have scored well, but I am hugely skeptical of this game. It looks like another jack of all trades type of game with tropey game design, only really carried by its license. If it actually makes spellcasting fun (which it didn't in any promotional material) I might give it a shot, but odds are, this is a hard pass for me.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 507 Posts

I'll definitely pick it up in 3 or 4 months when it's half off.I really don't GAF about any controversy either. I put a Gen Z'er who's telling me I'm horrible for liking something and telling me what I can and can't spend my own money on in the same category as a Boomer who has old ideologies about gender. Neither are going to tell me what to think, do, or buy.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

Cool, I was hoping this game would turn out good. Will be checking it out eventually.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#82 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12954 Posts

PC version is trash.

By far the biggest issue in Hogwarts Legacy at the time of this review is performance on the PC build. We’ve seen several games recently with deeply flawed PC builds, and it appears, sadly, that Hogwarts Legacy is one of them. Walking into certain areas will see trees violently shaking themselves like a malfunctioning Whomping Willow, obscuring vision as the framerate drops into the single digits. Walking into Hogsmeade’s town square early in the game every NPC in the square started to shimmer in and out of existence, flickering wildly as the trees slowly grew and shook until basically nothing could be seen. This was one of the worst moments that we saw in terms of performance, but bugs of that calibre were common during the 20 hours we spent with the game. Many sections had poor framerates, making tough jumping puzzles and combat difficult with unpredictable stuttering

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts

Are GS going to review this game?

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

@mesome713: She has literally nothing to do with the game. Unless you're just baiting.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2447 Posts

@moistcarrot said:

@mesome713: She has literally nothing to do with the game. Unless you're just baiting.

ResetEra has banned all discussion of the game because of her… Its part of the performative outrage playbook

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@kvallyx said:

PC version is trash.

By far the biggest issue in Hogwarts Legacy at the time of this review is performance on the PC build. We’ve seen several games recently with deeply flawed PC builds, and it appears, sadly, that Hogwarts Legacy is one of them. Walking into certain areas will see trees violently shaking themselves like a malfunctioning Whomping Willow, obscuring vision as the framerate drops into the single digits. Walking into Hogsmeade’s town square early in the game every NPC in the square started to shimmer in and out of existence, flickering wildly as the trees slowly grew and shook until basically nothing could be seen. This was one of the worst moments that we saw in terms of performance, but bugs of that calibre were common during the 20 hours we spent with the game. Many sections had poor framerates, making tough jumping puzzles and combat difficult with unpredictable stuttering

Devs apparently said there will be a PC patch later this week. It'll eventually end up far better on PC vs console like most video games. Hopefully sooner than later.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

#TeamRowling

😂

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#88  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Funny cuz before this game, i had no idea what she has said, and i didn't even knew her name. This is how much i give a shit about Harry Potter in general😊

As for the score, i bet you the game is in low 90's, but because some soft shelled reviewers were traumatized by what she said, without admitting it, they give the game a lower score. Not a game for me, but if you're a HP fan, to me, this looks as good as we've ever seen it in gaming.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 R4gn4r0k

@davillain said:

My brother loves creating funny looking characters in video games. He has made some of the most hideous looking characters in the Saints Row universe. He's gonna have a field day when I'll tell him I have Hogwarts installed on saturday.

I'm working through Dead Space right now, hoping to get it done sometime this or before the weekend.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Mesome713

@hardwenzen: most of us who use to love this series no longer support this trash series due to personal reasons we aren’t allowed to discuss.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 R4gn4r0k
@zaryia said:
@kvallyx said:

PC version is trash.

Devs apparently said there will be a PC patch later this week. It'll eventually end up far better on PC vs console like most video games. Hopefully sooner than later.

Keep in mind there'll be an Nvidia driver later this week.

I'm not in a hurry, I'll wait for this game to come out of early access, along with a nice day one patch and a fresh nvidia driver.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#92 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Good to see this reviewing so well, can't wait to give this a shot tomorrow!

I see the reeeeeactions are going well on the Twitter sphere.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 nintendoboy16

@moistcarrot: She still owns the IP... she's gonna bank on it.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@ghosts4ever: No thanks, I will never support anything that supports this author. She’s anti-trans people. I will be rating this game 2/10.

Well, that's some severe misinformation and a hateful comment on your part. I am quite liberal, but nothing Rowling said or did would be considered hateful. Just Twitter blew her comments out of proportions as usual and took her words out of context.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

@nintendoboy16: Well she's a billionaire anyway lol

@ghostofgolden said:
@moistcarrot said:

ResetEra has banned all discussion of the game because of her… Its part of the performative outrage playbook

Yeah i've seen that, very regarded.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#96 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen: most of us who use to love this series no longer support this trash series due to personal reasons we aren’t allowed to discuss.

Okaaaaay. And what does the game that is NOT made by her, has anything to do with what she said? Are you worried that she'll be worth 1.1B instead of her current 1B?😂

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Mesome713

@hardwenzen: It funds her. Which we do not like. We will no longer support her for personal reasons. She is finished.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#98 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@mesome713 said:

Okaaaaay. And what does the game that is NOT made by her, has anything to do with what she said? Are you worried that she'll be worth 1.1B instead of her current 1B?😂

I would take all of that with a grain of salt, especially when these folks likely own iPhones and regularly buy products from companies which clearly are "beacons" for humanity. lol It's all... Muggle rubbish.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

Be interesting to see if their are disingenuous politically motivated reviews or if they remain objective.

It's quite funny if you think of it. 10 years ago, Rowling was considered leftist liberal when Rowling revealed Dumbledore was gay and speculated Hermione could Bi. But today, the left went so left that Rowling is now considered conservative rightist lol

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#100  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58957 Posts
@ivangrozny said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Be interesting to see if their are disingenuous politically motivated reviews or if they remain objective.

It's quite funny if you think of it. 10 years ago, Rowling was considered leftist liberal when Rowling revealed Dumbledore was gay and speculated Hermione could Bi. But today, the left went so left that Rowling is now considered conservative rightist lol

I'm still not sure what she's doing wrong tbh. They seem more upset about her than Prince Andrew walking around free with shit ton of money.

But then haven't really been following it.