Hitman: Absolution Hype Thread (7.5 at gamespot)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#251 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

I know that consoles will be here to stay but they're really holding the PC back though. It would be good riddance to get rid of consoles and have everything on PC. Uncharted on max settings FTW! Killzone on max settings FTW! Hell, if Uncharted was a PC exclusive, it wouldn't have been goddamn linear!

GamerwillzPS

You do realize that some games are linear because the developer wanted to make a linear game, right?

Yes.

Open world is always a better option.

No it isn't, it depends on the game and what the developers are trying to achieve. If Naughty dog wanted to make Uncharted and open world game, they would have, but they didn't because it didn't really make sense for the game they were making, which was a heavily cinematic story driven single player

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] You do realize that some games are linear because the developer wanted to make a linear game, right? ferret-gamer

Yes.

Open world is always a better option.

No it isn't, it depends on the game and what the developers are trying to achieve. If Naughty dog wanted to make Uncharted and open world game, they would have, but they didn't because it didn't really make sense for the game they were making, which was a heavily cinematic story driven single player

I see what you mean.

But still, PC offers endless possibilities. Uncharted on PC may still be linear but there would be other things.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#253 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

A month? Hmm.

I built my PC in July.

GamerwillzPS

But you continued to show strong bias towards PS3. Now you think it should no longer exist. It's fine to address the flaws of consoles compared to PC, but consoles definitely have their place in the games industry. To say otherwise is nonsense.

I know that consoles will be here to stay but they're really holding the PC back though. It would be good riddance to get rid of consoles and have everything on PC. Uncharted on max settings FTW! Killzone on max settings FTW! Hell, if Uncharted was a PC exclusive, it wouldn't have been goddamn linear!

Uncharted wouldn't be as good if it were open world. The whole point of the campign is to take you on a thrill ride adventure with awesome setpieces and crazy events unfolding in rapid succession. Having an open world and have to have sveeral long periods of downtime where you're just massacring hundreds on enemies from point A to point B in the open world with no story progression would break the game's pacing and not make it as enjoyable.

Killzone would be awesome on PC though since the controls for that game aren't the best, and playing it with a KB/M at 60FPS would fix all of that. Current gen consoles are nearly gone though and the new generation of consoles will hopefully be enough of a significant jump to not hold back PCs as much for a couple years.