Hitman: Absolution Hype Thread (7.5 at gamespot)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

hitman_absolution_game-wide.jpg

Release date: November 20th, 2012

Developer: IO Interactive

Engine: Glacier 2

The Professional Edition's price: $79.99

Hitman_Prof_UK.jpeg

The Deluxe Professional Edition's price: Unknown

Hitman-Deluxe-Professional-Edition.jpg

Pre order bonuses

Hitman__Absolution_13366091404331.jpg

20120510hmabsolution3.jpg

Hitman-Absolution_2012_05-09-12_002.jpg

138POI_Sniper.jpg

Videos

Streets of Hope gameplay

King of Chinatown gameplay

Off screen gameplay(unknown level)

Run for Your Life gameplay

Contracts mode gameplay showing off the Run for Your Life level

Contracts mode gameplay showing off the Streets of Hope level

The Ultimate Assassin trailer

Introducing Agent 47 trailer

Introducing disguises trailer

Living Breathing World trailer

Tools of the Trade trailer

Attack of the Saints trailer

Introducing the Kill trailer

She Must be Special trailer

A Personal Contract trailer

Reviews

"This is a fantastic package - a dark, witty tale of death and retribution that can be whatever you want it to. It captures the ebb and flow of tension that stealth games forgot about years ago, but presents it in a way that feels utterly contemporary." -Playstation Official Magazine UK (9/10)

"Hitman: Absolution absolutely nails the modern gaming trope of presenting oodles of gameplay choice. It would be an insult to polarise Absolution into 'stealth' or 'action', where the real beauty of the game is found in the fertile grey area in between." -Playstation Official Magazine Australia (9/10)

"slick, thrilling and well paced with jet-black humour...Absolution genuinely makes you feel like the most dangerous man in the world" - Official Xbox Magazine (9/10)

"A passable stealth game, but one that betrays almost everything that, until now, has made Hitman great." - PC Gamer (62/100)

"brilliant mission design,extremely motivating game mechanics." - Play 3 (88/100)

"Improves on hitman's core strenghts,and boosts the replay value with the new contracts mode" - Game Informer (8.75/10)

"On the right difficulty setting Absolution is Hitman at its cleverest, funniest, twisted best" - GameMaster (90%)

"The sheer number of unlockables and challenges adds tons of replayability to a game that already demands multiple playthroughs" -Playstation: The Official Magazine US (8/10)

"Stylish. Accomplished. Brutal" - PSM3 (9/10)

"One of the best games we have ever played" - X360 (10/10)

Story (Spoilers here, but they happen early in the game)

The first in-depth trailer for the game shows Agent 47 storming a safe-house, and confronting Diana while she is showering. 47 is "betrayed by those he once trusted and now hunted by the police, he suddenly finds himself at the center of a dark conspiracy and must embark on a personal journey through a corrupt and twisted world, in his search for the truth". At least one portion of the game will be set in Chicago, but it has been confirmed that the rest of the game will take place within the US.

It is also confirmed that 47 will kill Diana in her mansion under the order of the Agency as Diana found incriminating evidence about the ICA. Diana then asks 47 for a final request which is to protect and find this girl called Victoria. As 47 accepts Diana's dying wish, the ICA deem 47 as traitor and sent a group of assassins known as The Saints to kill him.

According to the latest cinematic trailer for Absolution, released on 26th October 12, titled as "How many lives will you take to save one?", Diana has already told Victoria that "a man will come, not like other men. He will protect you. Don't judge him for what he does.", implying that Diana already suspects that she will be assassinated by 47.hitmanwikia

Contracts Mode

Contracts mode allows the player to play through any level of the game and select up to three NPCs in it to mark as targets and also to establish a set of conditions for the Contract, such as hiding all bodies, not being spotted, not changing the starting suit/disguise, only using specific weapons, etc. The player is allowed to pick any suit and starting gear to use in the mission. In order to save the challenge, the player has to clear it themselves. For completing Contracts, players earn in-game currency to spend on disguises, suits, weapons and weapon upgrades.

In order to create a Contract, the player plays through a level (or at least a part of one), selecting up to three different NPCs as targets, eliminates them in any way of their choosing and leaves the level through one of the possible exits. The Contract, along with the conditions under which the player completed it such as which disguises and weapons were used, can then be saved.

Contracts mode will also feature a great deal of online connectivity, as players can upload their own Contracts. Each week, five user-made Contracts will be uploaded to the leaderboard for the online community to try.hitmanwikia

HUD

Map has been replaced with anInstinct Modethat shows the locations of NPCs and the routes they will take with a kind of x-ray vision similar to Eagle Vision in Assassin's Creed and Detective mode from Batman: Arkham City.

-
Mini-map is added to HUD, showing the positions of guards.

-
There is now a Purist Mode, where Instinct and HUD will be completely disabled

-
The HUD now contains a warning system alerting the player if 47 has been spotted by guards. It looks like a long white line that gradually turns into an arrow the longer the guard sees 47 or becomes suspicious of him. The arrow turns yellow when he physically attacks someone in front of others and red when guards are alerted.

-
The player is now notified by the HUD if 47 is trespassing, in a hostile area, dragging a body, having a body near him in plain view, hiding a body, and if visibly armed.

-
The top right of the HUD will show a picture of the Target(s) and their status, such as Alive, Dead, or Unconscious.hitmanwikia

Gameplay

Saves are replaced by checkpoints now.

-
There will be cinematic sequences during the missions.

-
Point shooting, which will allow 47 to place strategic shootings in slow motion to kill multiple enemies quickly at the cost of Instinct mode, similar to theDead Eyemechanic in Red Dead Redemption orMark And Executefrom Splinter Cell Conviction.

-
47 can take cover and peek around corners similar to most third person shooters. He can also grab targets over low covers.

-
Absolutionhas an improved aiming system when 47 uses guns that is more typical of third person shooters. Unlike the previous games, the player now apparently aims the gun by holding down a specific button.

-
47 can do close-quarter attacks in more ways than inHitman: Blood Money, including with firearms and objects within the mission such as busts and bongs. He can apparently also do so with a head-on attack and without sneaking up behind his opponents.

-
47 can now use his exceptional hand to hand combat training to his advantage during gameplay against other NPCs In the form of a button sequence. Easily being able to knock out a trained Chicago Police Officer with his bare hands. (If the button sequence is completed quickly enough and without mistake)

-
47 can now apparently hang on to ledges and move and can also grab NPCs above him when he does so and pull them over the edge, killing them. He can also shoot while standing on a ledge and pull down NPCs near windows.

-
47 can now hide multiple bodies in the same container and also hide in containers already containing bodies. Additionally, closets can now be used to hide bodies in, and 47 can also hide inside a closet that already contains a body.

-
47 can use shadows as another way to hide.

-
47 can navigate through vents, allowing him to travel undetected while also scanning the environment for enemies.

-
47 can now pretend to surrender, useful for deceiving opponents. He can apparently then grab guards who approach him, disarm them and take them as a human shield.

-
47 can no longer walk around completely safely wearing a disguise that NPCs wear since they will not recognize him. If he walks too close to them for too long, they might blow his cover and sound the alarm. To prevent this, 47 can briefly conceal his face with his hand when walking past them at the cost of Instinct or simply keep his distance.

-
47 can now interact with his environment to hide at a safe spot, such as in theRun For Your Lifetrailer, when he stands by a box of donuts pretending to eat one while disguised as a cop, and in The King of Chinatown, where he stands by a food stand and pretends to read a menu.

-
47 can now trigger car alarms by hitting or shooting the car to create a distraction. Previously, this was only possible by shooting the cars. Also, unlike inBlood Money, cars are now explosive.

-
If 47 is caught trespassing or doing some other suspicious activity by guards, the rest of the NPCs won't be alerted immediately like inHitman: Blood Money. Instead, he will be held at gunpoint and will have a moment to gain control of the situation by killing them or knocking them out before they alert each other on the radio.

-
There are multiple objectives/achievements to unlock for each level, done through Challenges. Most of these deal with the way a target is eliminated or how many disguises 47 uses during a playthrough. The objectives are so varied that it's impossible to get them all during a single session, and some of them directly oppose each other (such as Suit Only and Chameleon, the latter being collect all disguises), encouraging the player to replay levels and try different tactics.

-
The game now has a score system which gives points for actions such as killing discretely, hiding bodies and doing headshots and takes points for infractions like being spotted and killing civilians. The score is then apparently uploaded to leaderboards.

-
If 47 triggers a full scale alert, the level's guards might call for backup, not unlike the FBI in theBlood MoneymissionNew Life.

-
It was suggested in the Introducing Disguises trailer that 47 can assume certain poses while wearing disguises to blend in. The trailer showed him dressed as a scarecrow while hanging on a wooden cross like an actual scarecrow.

-
It was shown in the Living, Breathing World trailer that biometric locks will appear in the game and that 47 can unlock them by knocking out or killing certain NPCs who can do so and drag them to the scanner.

-
Crowdshave been drastically improved, and can react to violence and will also alert guards.hitmanwikia

Weapons

Not only can 47 disarm and knock opponents out, he can also melee kill them with his bare hands now. In the King of Chinatown demonstration at E3, which used the PlayStation version, the player uses the Square button to grab a target and pull him to the ground and then taps that button until the target is rendered unconscious. During the tapping, the player is given the option of pressing Triangle to break the targets neck, without the need of the Fiber Wire(though it and other garrote weapons are still used).

-
Some melee weapons, such as the bust, the bottle and the bong, will apparently break after being used.

-
Dual-wielding has been greatly expanded upon; now 47 can switch from carrying two of the Silverballers to only carrying one and vice versa mid-mission, unlike inHitman: Blood Moneywhere the player had to choose between carrying one or two Silverballers before the mission started. In a screenshot, 47 is also seen dual-wielding a pair of handguns other than the Silverballers. Also, in a video recorded from PAX Prime 2012, 47 is able to wield two different types of handguns at the same time, similar to Max Payne 3.

-

In theTools of the Tradetrailer, 47 is also seen dual-wielding a number of one-handed weapons, including handguns and SMGs.

-
The circular inventory system has apparently been removed and replaced with a D-pad-like one that doesn't pause the game when brought up. 47 can also no longer carry an unlimited number of weapons but has to drop a weapon he has if he picks up one too many.

-
47 can now find poison and sedatives in the levels.

-
There are now items that make noise and can be picked up and dropped and used to create distractions, such as radios (Streets of Hope) and toy robots (Rosewood Orphanage level).

-
The throwing mechanism has been improved with a lock-on system, at least when 47 throws weapons such as knives and axes. Apparently, when he throws other objects such as blunt weapons and explosives, the game now shows its trajectory to make aiming easier.

-
When using the Fiber Wire, 47 can now drag the targets with it immediately after killing them. hitmanwikia

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Definitely interested in this, I just hope they didn't ruin it to make it "easier for the casual masses".

Oh wait... looks like they did. :(

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
Can't wait, hype AA
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

awesome hype thread.

I vote AA.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

hype .... none

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hanslacher54

u forgot this edition.

TheGuardian03

I put that into the thread now but I couldn't find a price on it.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9879 Posts
Great thread :)! I'm hyped for this game, I think GS will score it 9. I like how detailed, varied and atmospheric the elevels are. And gameplay seems great too.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

That vinyl of 47 looks too good.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hanslacher54

I added the poll in. For me, the game's likely going to be in the 9 range, but I think gamespot is going to give it an 8 or 8.5.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts
PC Gamer review: 62/100 "A passable stealth game, but one that betrays almost everything that, until now, has made Hitman great."

Pros - Nice looking locations - Contracts mode is good, although not an adequate replacement of a proper Hitman game - "One very good mission" near the end, but still not as good or as free as Blood Money Cons - No saving, checkpoint system is awful - even an AI glitch can lead to you having to restart the level, also doesn't save data such as disguises or items you've left, and guards killed will respawn - Focus on (embarrassingly bad) story over gameplay - PC performance was awful, they tried out on 3 different PCs - two can run Skyrim smoothly yet get 15fps in Hitman on minimal settings, with occasional freezes of over a second, and load times of over a minute - A lot of gameplay involves you getting to a door to trigger a cutscene - The amount of kills you have control over how they're executed is about 25%, even then it's not as expansive as Blood Money - Equipment system - can't choose weapons in main missions, or carry weapons over between missions - Guard AI is strange, they will sometimes detect you walking where commando rolling wouldn't get you detected - "Sneak by covering your face" idea is laughable - DRM on Contracts mode - can't play any contracts, even your own, offline

Ouch. I better not lose my SW bet. :x Source: NeoGAF
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#13 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts
I'm expecting AAA, but the game hasn't released enough information. Depending on how polished the game is overall (can't really tell from a few videos and demos), it may even have a chance at AAAA.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
i preordered it from GMG last night after playing blood money and remembering how awesome it was.
the-obiwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 the-obiwan
Member since 2003 • 3747 Posts
AA no doubt :)
hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hanslacher54

PC Gamer review: 62/100 "A passable stealth game, but one that betrays almost everything that, until now, has made Hitman great."

Pros - Nice looking locations - Contracts mode is good, although not an adequate replacement of a proper Hitman game - "One very good mission" near the end, but still not as good or as free as Blood Money Cons - No saving, checkpoint system is awful - even an AI glitch can lead to you having to restart the level, also doesn't save data such as disguises or items you've left, and guards killed will respawn - Focus on (embarrassingly bad) story over gameplay - PC performance was awful, they tried out on 3 different PCs - two can run Skyrim smoothly yet get 15fps in Hitman on minimal settings, with occasional freezes of over a second, and load times of over a minute - A lot of gameplay involves you getting to a door to trigger a cutscene - The amount of kills you have control over how they're executed is about 25%, even then it's not as expansive as Blood Money - Equipment system - can't choose weapons in main missions, or carry weapons over between missions - Guard AI is strange, they will sometimes detect you walking where commando rolling wouldn't get you detected - "Sneak by covering your face" idea is laughable - DRM on Contracts mode - can't play any contracts, even your own, offline

Ouch. I better not lose my SW bet. :x Source: NeoGAFXaero_Gravity

Yeah I saw that too :(

I guess I'll add that to the review section. I also heard that Game Informer gave it an 8.75, but I can't confirm it.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GamerwillzPS

I can't help but I have a gut feeling that this game will flop. Simply because of casuals and low standards.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

I'll hype it AA, it looks great.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xaero_Gravity
I heard about the GameInformer review as well. So far 4/5 positive reviews isn't bad at all so I still have plenty of hope. If the GameInformer review is true then the campaign should have a nice length.
the-obiwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 the-obiwan
Member since 2003 • 3747 Posts

I can't help but I have a gut feeling that this game will flop. Simply because of casuals and low standards.

GamerwillzPS
mmm yeah which is why i think atleats its gonna get max a AA.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

That is a huge disappiointment indeed... I wasn't planning on getting the game, but it would have been great to see this game go the miles with the unique gameplay it was trumping in being a sleeper hit like Deus Ex Human Revolution was.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]PC Gamer review: 62/100 "A passable stealth game, but one that betrays almost everything that, until now, has made Hitman great."

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll wait before getting it now. I have too many games right now and I guess I shouldn't add another one unless I have to.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

Not good... :(

I won't start being completely pessimistic just yet, but I won't lie, my expectations took a dive after this, as the "cons" section mentions some things I was very concerned about right from the start, such as taking control away from the player when it comes to assassinations...

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Xaero_Gravity
I won't start being completely pessimistic just yet, but I won't lie, my expectations took a dive after this, as the "cons" section mentions some things I was very concerned about right from the start, such as taking control away from the player when it comes to assassinations...Rocker6
I'm in the same boat. The amount of options in Blood Money when it comes to taking your targets is why I still love playing it to this day. I thought the series really came into its own because of all that, it'd be a shame to lose it a sequel later.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GamerwillzPS

Oh dear. This game could have used a better developer.

Looks like it's a flop. Pass.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]I won't start being completely pessimistic just yet, but I won't lie, my expectations took a dive after this, as the "cons" section mentions some things I was very concerned about right from the start, such as taking control away from the player when it comes to assassinations...Xaero_Gravity
I'm in the same boat. The amount of options in Blood Money when it comes to taking your targets is why I still love playing it to this day. I thought the series really came into its own because of all that, it'd be a shame to lose it a sequel later.

Very true, loved Blood Money a lot, did many replays, and after it, I expected great things from the franchise, though I guess Absolutions has no way to live up to its standards at this point. Still, I at least hope we'll get a decent game on the release, better than this review told us about (issues such as poor performance can easily be ironed out in the weeks until the release)...

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rocker6

i made a bet about this getting a 9.0 here, i better not lose lol. the game looked so good in the videos and gs even gave it best e3 award last e3 so wtf?TheGuardian03

If I were you, I'd proceed with my punishment right away! :P

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hanslacher54

So one bad review and everyone is predicting it to flop? :(

The other reviews have been good, and Game Informer did give the game a 8.75.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Xaero_Gravity
[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]i made a bet about this getting a 9.0 here, i better not lose lol. the game looked so good in the videos and gs even gave it best e3 award last e3 so wtf?

If it doesn't score AA I have to post like SNIPER for a whole week. ;_;
Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

so generic looking

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Xaero_Gravity

hanslacher54
The pessimist is never disappointed I suppose.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GamerwillzPS

hanslacher54

Well, due to today's low standards, I'm not expecting much.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hanslacher54

Someone on reddit got it, and he's liking it.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Xaero_Gravity
I think I'm going to miss walking into missions with just a silverballer and sniper rifle briefcase the most. Pretty disappointing that the briefcase isn't available, it felt so badass to walk around with it.
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts
[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]PC Gamer review: 62/100 "A passable stealth game, but one that betrays almost everything that, until now, has made Hitman great."

But these are also the same guys that awarded dragon age 2 a 94%. I'm not liking what's been said from that, (was really hoping for great stealth mechanics and open ended gameplay) But I'm still cautiously optimistic.
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9879 Posts
Ouch seems like I have been fooled by the marketing :(. Another game that looks much better in trailers. They have really stressed the option part of the gameplay (for example by showing costumes and weapons). Sounds like they gave the wrong impression. I want to vote A now :p.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GamerwillzPS

Someone on reddit got it, and he's liking it.

hanslacher54

I'm not going to use this to justify my decision in buying the game. That person could have low standards, you never know.

I'm gonna read up more information and watch some gameplay videos of it.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Xaero_Gravity
But these are also the same guys that awarded dragon age 2 a 94%.ReadingRainbow4
I was thinking the same thing, but the review was written by Tom Francis and he's a big Hitman fan. Either way, it's getting more praise than negativity so I still have plenty of hope and I can't wait to try it myself.
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts
[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"] But these are also the same guys that awarded dragon age 2 a 94%.Xaero_Gravity
I was thinking the same thing, but the review was written by Tom Francis and he's a big Hitman fan. Either way, it's getting more praise than negativity so I still have plenty of hope and I can't wait to try it myself.

True, I just hope it's good. Please be good! 47 you haven't been relevant in years get your bald ass back in the game man!
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

"A passable stealth game, but one that betrays almost everything that, until now, has made Hitman great." - PC Gamer (62/100)

Review

Uh- Oh, not good

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#43 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

3 9's, 2 8's, and everyone just stares at the 6 as if it's the end for this game and all possible fun and hype they'll have with the game. :roll:

Honestly...

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Xaero_Gravity
[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"][QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]i made a bet about this getting a 9.0 here, i better not lose lol. the game looked so good in the videos and gs even gave it best e3 award last e3 so wtf?

If it doesn't score AA I have to post like SNIPER for a whole week. ;_;

same bet except mine is aaa. i will be getting ready lol.

I'm sure I'll be fine. :twisted:
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#45 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

Depends on how much they bribe the reviewers.

Gau0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gau0123
Member since 2009 • 1010 Posts
I thought it was maybe going to get around a 8.5, until I read that PC Gamer review. It kind of made me disappointed but the other reviews seem good so that's good. Maybe about an 8. on here. And I agree with Goyoshi12, He has a point, there are a lot of good reviews on the game but only one 6. I know the Sniper Challenge really doesn't show gameplay, but does anyone have it on here? How is it and what would you rate it?
Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Xaero_Gravity
I thought it was maybe going to get around a 8.5, until I read that PC Gamer review. It kind of made me disappointed but the other reviews seem good so that's good. Maybe about an 8. on here. And I agree with Goyoshi12, He has a point, there are a lot of good reviews on the game but only one 6. I know the Sniper Challenge really doesn't show gameplay, but does anyone have it on here? How is it and what would you rate it?Gau0123
It's ok for a pre order bonus. If it weren't free with the pre order I wouldn't have paid anything more than $1.
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Looks solid, but I won't be picking this up until it hits the 20$ price range.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hanslacher54

People are starting to put walkthroughs of it on youtube

Here's the opening 32 minutes of the game

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts
Sounds like compromises have been made with the wrong considerations in mind. In any case I'll be buying it to find out for myself. I don't believe it'll be all bad, or any bad really, just...partially mediocre, and potentially a disappointing Hitman game. But I'll take what Hitman I can get. At least with Contracts you'll be able to derive more from those 6-8 missions that are supposed to be more proper Hitman than scenarios like what's in the library demo.