Hitman: Absolution Hype Thread (7.5 at gamespot)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

The Lion King avatar guy is damn good at making we want to pick it up. I'll probably end up getting it regardless, I just hope it doesn't disappoint me personally. Any news on length? Other than the GameInformer review.Xaero_Gravity

I don't know a time length, but there are 20 main missions in the game. Also contracts mode will provide lots of replayability.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 hanslacher54

The Lion King avatar guy is damn good at making we want to pick it up. I'll probably end up getting it regardless, I just hope it doesn't disappoint me personally. Any news on length? Other than the GameInformer review.Xaero_Gravity

Also if you're still worried you could wait for more reviews. Don't expect it to be Blood Money 2.0 though, because Absolution's story mode is different than other Hitman games. It's definitely still a stealth game though, and you could always play contracts for a more traditional Hitman experience.

M1KES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 M1KES
Member since 2003 • 750 Posts

New launch trailer was released: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq5xRd07L4w

Katana to the back of the head looks awsome! Can't wait!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#105 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

M1KES

Fvckin BADASS!!!

47 is officialy the most badass character in gaming - FACT

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

[QUOTE="M1KES"]

Vatusus

Fvckin BADASS!!!

lmao a baldy won't be the most badass character in gaming, sorry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="M1KES"]

Jankarcop

Fvckin BADASS!!!

a "baldy"? Bald people cant be badass? If anything being bald makes him even more badass :P

but nah, seriously. Its not the way he looks that makes him a badass but the way he acts i.e. like someone that just doesnt give a fvck. Hell, he even killed the only person he cared for (Diana) with barely any remorse. 47 is the guy we all want to be :cool:

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

This and Farcry 3 are the last games of this year I'm anticipating. The PC Gamer review is the only one of the early leaked reviews that is below 8. So I won't reach conclusions about what they said right now.

glez13

Same here. Can't wait for Far Cry and Hitman. Hopefully both of them will have a good stealth system.

The PC gamer review was indeed not the most positive one, I'm waiting for more reviews to make a conclusion as well. The gameplay sure looked promising.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 hanslacher54

"The sheer number of unlockables and challenges adds tons of replayability to a game that already demands multiple playthroughs" -Playstation: The Official Magazine US (8/10)

Here's two reviews that appeared in the launch trailer:

"Stylish. Accomplished. Brutal" - PSM3 (9/10)

"One of the best games we have ever played" - X360 (10/10)

Another-World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Another-World
Member since 2011 • 784 Posts

"The sheer number of unlockables and challenges adds tons of replayability to a game that already demands multiple playthroughs" -Playstation: The Official Magazine US (8/10)

hanslacher54
All of them are console gaming magazines, which means it most probably will be their first experience with Hitman, and that is why I don't trust their opinion.
hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 hanslacher54

[QUOTE="hanslacher54"]

Another-World

All of them are console gaming magazines, which means it most probably will be their first experience with Hitman, and that is why I don't trust their opinion.

I think most reviews might hit Sunday, since that's when IGN is reviewing it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="hanslacher54"]

Another-World

hum, wut? All hitman games since hitman 2 were on consoles... only the 1st hitman is PC exclusive, and imo, the worst hitman game

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="M1KES"]

Jankarcop

Fvckin BADASS!!!

:|

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#115 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

From what I've seen it seems some missions are linear while some are more open like the previous hitman games.

Ideally they should all be open but as long as there are enough missions this isn't a problem for me.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts
Well, looks like I've got to post like SNIPER for a week.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#117 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49592 Posts
Video review is up. Linkage.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
I bought the Professional Edition off Steam. Can't wait.
RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#119 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

Can someone please tell me how similar this is to previous games, at first it looked like it and then I see all the shooting and worry it has gone down the Splinter Cell Crapvicton path. Is Hitman Absoluiton a 2012 saver or series destroyer?

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#120 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
7.5'd. Well, another flop!
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Well time to wait for a price drop.

tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#122 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

Just cancelled preorder. I'll get it for Christmas.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

I've been hearing negative things about the game. Unfortunately, what a waste of potentially great game.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts
7.5'd. Welp. Can't wait to play it. Looks great.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

Can someone please tell me how similar this is to previous games, at first it looked like it and then I see all the shooting and worry it has gone down the Splinter Cell Crapvicton path. Is Hitman Absoluiton a 2012 saver or series destroyer?

RageQuitter69

The shooting is mostly optional as I understand it, and while drastically improved compared to previous games, according to Kevin VanOrd the AI is not primarily designed for that approach.

It has a number (around 7 apparently) of openended missions inbeetween more regular stealth sections, cutscenes and other segments that for some reason were designed to accommodate for the story, atmosphere, visual stimulance or whatever else that's not engaging Hitman gameplay.

And then there's Contracts, which is a genuinely clever way of adding value that fits the core concept of the game perfectly. User generated contracts.

All in all I think it sounds like a game Hitman fans (and most everyone else for that matter) should pick up regardless of whatever reservations there may be. It has Hitman missions in it, which makes it the best Hitman game since Blood Money by default. I'll at least take what I can get, and what I'm getting sounds pretty decent.

(There's Death to Spies, but those games seem more like spiritual successors to the first Hitman game, i.e. a clumsily designed excersise in frustration with overly harsh fail states.)

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 hanslacher54
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]7.5'd. Welp. Can't wait to play it. Looks great.

Same. I Can't wait to get this Tuesday.
PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

Consoles wreck another great series due to casual.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

I just watched the review before I saw the score, definitely looked like at least an 8 to me. Game looks great, will try to get it around Christmas.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 hanslacher54

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]

McStrongfast

The shooting is mostly optional as I understand it, and while drastically improved compared to previous games, according to Kevin VanOrd the AI is not primarily designed for that approach.

It has a number (around 7 apparently) of openended missions inbeetween more regular stealth sections, cutscenes and other segments that for some reason were designed to accommodate for the story, atmosphere, visual stimulance or whatever else that's not engaging Hitman gameplay.

And then there's Contracts, which is a genuinely clever way of adding value that fits the core concept of the game perfectly. User generated contracts.

All in all I think it sounds like a game Hitman fans (and most everyone else for that matter) should pick up regardless of whatever reservations there may be. It has Hitman missions in it, which makes it the best Hitman game since Blood Money by default. I'll at least take what I can get, and what I'm getting sounds pretty decent.

(There's Death to Spies, but those games seem more like spiritual successors to the first Hitman game, i.e. a clumsily designed excersise in frustration with overly harsh fail states.)

Great post. I don't get why Absolution keeps getting compared to Conviction. I guess people think that if it isn't exactly like older games then it went casual. It's still a stealth game, but not every level is the traditional assassinate a target in a large area like older Hitman games were.
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#130 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

Might pick it up at price drop, stealth isn't really my type of game.

15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 15strong
Member since 2007 • 2806 Posts

PCgameruk

Right, because prior games in the series were never on consoles, right?

BigDaddyPOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 BigDaddyPOLO
Member since 2005 • 2251 Posts

guess gs didnt get paid enough huh

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

don't care, still picking up my pro edition:D

iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#134 iamrob7
Member since 2007 • 2138 Posts

Was looking forward to this, but watching the review, something about it seemed a little too Max Payne like and the quickshot thing was repulsive in the extreme. It looks like it will be an ok game but not really up to par with some of the earler Hitman games. Looks too consolely, for want of a better word.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

Was looking forward to this, but watching the review, something about it seemed a little too Max Payne like and the quickshot thing was repulsive in the extreme. It looks like it will be an ok game but not really up to par with some of the earler Hitman games. Looks too consolely, for want of a better word.

iamrob7

It's designed to appeal to a larger audience, as big budget games have to be these days. But I get the impression that IO has tried to do that while genuinely wanting to retain what Hitman fans, and they themselves, find interesting about the series. It's why Contracts exists instead of some dumb tacked on multiplayer. Why they give you all these options in terms of difficulty and hints etc. Not to say they haven't made compromises or missteps, but you know, they to a significant degree give a s*** about the legacy of Hitman.

I don't know what quickshot is, but I'm never gonna use it, because that is a choice players get to make.
...except for those couple of scripted events apparently (one of those missteps).

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#137 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
Where is this review people are talking about? And if you don't want to play this "console trash", play on purist mode. All of the extra stuff (point shooting, the HUD, instinct) are removed.
iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#138 iamrob7
Member since 2007 • 2138 Posts

[QUOTE="iamrob7"]

McStrongfast

It's designed to appeal to a larger audience, as big budget games have to be these days. But I get the impression that IO has tried to do that while genuinely wanting to retain what Hitman fans, and they themselves, find interesting about the series. It's why Contracts exists instead of some dumb tacked on multiplayer. Why they give you all these options in terms of difficulty and hints etc. Not to say they haven't made compromises or missteps, but you know, they to a significant degree give a s*** about the legacy of Hitman.

I don't know what quickshot is, but I'm never gonna use it, because that is a choice players get to make.
...except for those couple of scripted events apparently (one of those missteps).

Yes I understand why they've done it, I just don't like the change myself. The review seems to suggest that the quickshot thing is something you forced to use in certain circumstances, so that doesn't bode well for me. I will give the game a chance when I play it and I imagine it can't be that bad. This review has put me off quite a bit though. I personally couldn't give a crap about "legacy", I'm just interested in playing a game that I will enjoy as I have done every single Hitman game until now. I will see how it pans out.

I do like the contracts thing instead of multiplayer though, that's a good idea.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#139 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Corrupt Mainstream media

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

[QUOTE="PCgameruk"]

15strong

The first Hitman was exclusive to PC. The series carried on playing the same way, consoles were playing a game based for PC. It worked well every1 was happy. Now its a game with console casuals in mind. Its why the Hitman movie was good. It followed the Hitman games and did not try to change things. Absolution has tried to change things and ended up worse. Why did they add cover? Its a third person game you could see around the corner anyway. Why have i gotta make a bald guy look around the corner? Im playing the game not him.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#141 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Am locked loaded and ready to go for this on tuesday.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 hanslacher54

[QUOTE="15strong"]

[QUOTE="PCgameruk"]

PCgameruk

The first Hitman was exclusive to PC. The series carried on playing the same way, consoles were playing a game based for PC. It worked well every1 was happy. Now its a game with console casuals in mind. Its why the Hitman movie was good. It followed the Hitman games and did not try to change things. Absolution has tried to change things and ended up worse. Why did they add cover? Its a third person game you could see around the corner anyway. Why have i gotta make a bald guy look around the corner? Im playing the game not him.

Stopped reading there

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

the metacritic scores seem good so far. GS is the lowest.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#146 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
Purist mode, guys, purist mode.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]Also Hitman game with Cover system, See throw walls, read minds, finishing moves, cutscene asssasination, tiny levels. another great franchise ruined

purist mode, broseph
hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 hanslacher54

Purist mode, guys, purist mode.kris9031998

At least someone understands

"AHH DA GAME SUCKZ CUZ OF DA STUFF DATS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL AND CAN BE TURNED OFF HURP A DURP DURP" :roll:

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#150 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Still gonna get it down the road, loved the previous Hitman games plus Kevin reviewed the game which I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt...wait in fact I'd rather eat a box full of salt than take anything that guy has to say about a video game, the guy is an idiot.