Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#102 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13116 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:

Damn, Helldivers 2 flops and now Foamstars! WHAT IS GOING ON at Sony?!!?

They are calling the game Starship Poopers 😂

https://metro.co.uk/2024/02/09/helldivers-2-review-progress-starship-poopers-20250428/

Foamstars is Square Enix and I'm ok with it flopping. That game looked dumb from the start.

Sony moneyhatted Foamstars to make it exclusive for their customers.

Or...Square didn't see the value in putting it on a dead console. lol

30 million = dead? Wow!

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6774 Posts

@hardwenzen: I know you secretly want my approval, but you're never going to get it wenzen 🤣

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6774 Posts

@kvallyx: It's good to see zero come out of the cow closet fully. The rumours about Xbox leaving has given him the courage to moo all day long 🤣

Don't worry he will respond with, but, but I own a Series S 🤦‍♂️

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#105 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 14028 Posts

@Heil68: Hell Yeah! I'm down.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106  Edited By Zero_epyon  Online
Member since 2004 • 20249 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:

Damn, Helldivers 2 flops and now Foamstars! WHAT IS GOING ON at Sony?!!?

They are calling the game Starship Poopers 😂

https://metro.co.uk/2024/02/09/helldivers-2-review-progress-starship-poopers-20250428/

Foamstars is Square Enix and I'm ok with it flopping. That game looked dumb from the start.

30 million = dead? Wow!

30 Million? Since when?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 KvallyX

@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:

30 million = dead? Wow!

30 Million? Since when?

According to leaks through last month 🤷‍♂️

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#108 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70472 Posts

@kvallyx said:

Leaks are only true when it is negative.😏

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Zero_epyon  Online
@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:

30 million = dead? Wow!

30 Million? Since when?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps5-has-outsold-xbox-series-x-s-2-to-1-newly-revealed-sales-data-suggests/1100-6520964/

This was today from Take Two. There were 77 Million consoles sold by than end of 2023. Sony announced 50 Million in November and sold at least a million more for the holidays. That leaves Xbox at about 26 Million. They're being outsold 2:1 and Nintendo has outsold all of them. Besides, Xbox users don't buy Square Enix games either so to them it's a dead platform.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#110  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58531 Posts

Well they just released a new ~1.3 GB update addressing the matchmaking issues. They still say to join existing games instead of the quickplay, but I'm installing now so we shall see how it goes.

*update:

...and it crashed to desktop right before I could get airlifted out of the mission.

Holy shit this is a bad launch. A damn shame, too, because I was having a lot of fun up to that point.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 mrbojangles25

@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:

30 million = dead? Wow!

30 Million? Since when?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps5-has-outsold-xbox-series-x-s-2-to-1-newly-revealed-sales-data-suggests/1100-6520964/

This was today from Take Two. There were 77 Million consoles sold by than end of 2023. Sony announced 50 Million in November and sold at least a million more for the holidays. That leaves Xbox at about 26 Million. They're being outsold 2:1 and Nintendo has outsold all of them. Besides, Xbox users don't buy Square Enix games either so to them it's a dead platform.

Yo, take it to one of the million other threads where you guys can measure your e-peens. This is about Helldivers 2.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Pedro

@mrbojangles25 said:

Well they just released a new ~1.3 GB update addressing the matchmaking issues. They still say to join existing games instead of the quickplay, but I'm installing now so we shall see how it goes.

*update:

...and it crashed to desktop right before I could get airlifted out of the mission.

Holy shit this is a bad launch. A damn shame, too, because I was having a lot of fun up to that point.

"The game works flawlessly for me"😋

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 mrbojangles25

@Pedro said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

*update:

Oh I'm guilty of saying that too, so lay it on me, homey 😁 I deserve it lol

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Zero_epyon  Online

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:

30 million = dead? Wow!

30 Million? Since when?

Yo, take it to one of the million other threads where you guys can measure your e-peens. This is about Helldivers 2.

This was about Helldivers lol

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Zero_epyon  Online
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Pedro said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

*update:

Try it again. I was able to play three rounds without issues back to back.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9616 Posts

Everyone playing it seems to love it though.. I wasn't going to get the game, but it looks pretty cool.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#117  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16027 Posts

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By mrbojangles25
@Zero_epyon said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Pedro said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

*update:

I did, wouldn't even let me get to the main screen. Was met with a "unable to log in" notification.

The best part? No option to exit the game. You just have to keep "press any key" and fail and fail again.

This is what happens when a darling but ultimately amateurish developer get's too big of a head. At least that's what it feels like. I really enjoyed Magika. Really enjoyed the first Helldivers. But it feels like their eyes were bigger than their stomach on this one.

*...and I reloaded and got into the game, only to be met with a "failed to join lobby" error upon every attempt to join a game.

Ooof. Rough launch.

Might just have to set this aside for a month.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Zero_epyon  Online

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Zero_epyon said:

I did, wouldn't even let me get to the main screen. Was met with a "unable to log in" notification.

The best part? No option to exit the game. You just have to keep "press any key" and fail and fail again.

This is what happens when a darling but ultimately amateurish developer get's too big of a head. At least that's what it feels like. I really enjoyed Magika. Really enjoyed the first Helldivers. But it feels like their eyes were bigger than their stomach on this one.

Damn that really sucks. Worst bug I got so far after the patch was not being able to reinforce a teammate after he went down.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11271 Posts

Played a few missions. No issues so far (fingers crossed). Got killed by an extraction ship. LOL! They should have made an achievement for that

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Zero_epyon  Online

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Played a few missions. No issues so far (fingers crossed). Got killed by an extraction ship. LOL! They should have made an achievement for that

I've been tempted to see if it could kill you but I didn't want to mess it up right at the end lol

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 mrbojangles25

@Zero_epyon said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

I've been tempted to see if it could kill you but I didn't want to mess it up right at the end lol

This game is almost as fun when things go wrong as when they go right. Or at least it's entertaining lol.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Zero_epyon  Online

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

This game is almost as fun when things go wrong as when they go right. Or at least it's entertaining lol.

I forgot team killing was on and ran right in front of my teammate's machine gun fire. Also stepped on one of their mines. And was a bit too close to an orbital. All in the same game lol.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 mrbojangles25

@Zero_epyon said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

I forgot team killing was on and ran right in front of my teammate's machine gun fire. Also stepped on one of their mines. And was a bit too close to an orbital. All in the same game lol.

That's kind of the fun haha; it's almost as often your own fault as it is your teammates.

Call in a supply drop or something, oops I walked under it.

Well that's OK, call in a reinforcement, but...shit, that fell on another teammate. Sorry, bud.

Got a little aggressive and run forward. Got mowed down by my own team, maybe a bit my fault but jeez cut me some slack teammates lol.

Enjoyed every minute of it.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3066 Posts

This game is going crazy right now. Seems arrowhead made a great game again! Just got home, about to jump on!

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2154 Posts

How many people have been gunned down by their own turret? I have, several times.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1410 Posts

@Syn_Valence said:

How many people have been gunned down by their own turret? I have, several times.

I haven't unlocked it myself yet. The ones my teammates deployed i kept extra close, keeping an eye on it. Yesterday somebody placed a turret on an elevated position. Shooting overhead decreases the hazard. I stepped on enemy mines three times in one mission though. Yes, you might think those big red bloated seastars would be easy to avoid.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

Holy sh*t this game is blowing up on Steam. Pretty sure it's the same over on PS5.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 R4gn4r0k

@Syn_Valence: it seems like putting it in the best, most open spot is also the best spot for it to hit me.

You can prone underneath it but it's also not a surefire way to get out of harms way.

Another option is grabbing a jump pack and jumping on a rock above it.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#130 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12392 Posts

@R4gn4r0k:

Yep. 144K CCU on Steam and, it's the 5th best selling game on the PS Store right now.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Zero_epyon  Online

This game is a blast!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Zero_epyon  Online
@Syn_Valence said:

Three times just today. Though one of them was a teammates.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1048 Posts

Matchmaking issues aside, the games got some glitches that need worked out too. I expect a mess early on for a couple weeks for a game like this so I’m not bothered by that. What I am bothered by is how ugly this game is. I’m just impressed at how bad it looks so I hope that gets fixed, especially with the PS5 Pro.

I’m having a lot of fun but I really don’t know if this will be something I play for months and months…like does this become COD, Fortnite, Apex…a game people really get into for years and don’t stop playing? I don’t know. I don’t see it at this point. I’m along for the ride, just don’t know how long the ride will last.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11821 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Holy sh*t this game is blowing up on Steam. Pretty sure it's the same over on PS5.

If Sony doesn't do day and date releases for PC after this then they are idiots.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Pedro

@NoodleFighter said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

If Sony doesn't do day and date releases for PC after this then they are idiots.

Sony would never.😏

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By mrbojangles25
@NoodleFighter said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

I agree, it'd be crazy not to. But...

...It's a Japanese company, they won't change their ways because a Swedish company had a successful game.

In fact Arrowhead has claimed the technical problems are because there are too many players matchmaking so there's their excuse right there.

Also this has bargain-bin production values (not a criticism, just an observation), I don't imagine Sony was too invested in it like they were with TLOU or Spider-Man.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11271 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Sold a million copies so far and sales are 50-50 right now, so, yeah.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 23014 Posts

I purchased helldivers 2 yesterday... I never buy games in launch week, but for so many reasons I purchased it.... I had bought helldivers 1 on launch day too after following it's development leading up to release. Arrowhead is an awesome studio and also I want to support day 1 releases on PC from Sony as a practice and also I heard it ran pretty well on steam deck. It does!! The servers crashed a couple times trying to get through the opening stuff, but once I was locked on it played great! I changed no settings on steam deck and the game played perfectly great! Played two missions and extracted both times. This is very much helldivers 1 worth a different perspective... Looking forward tk years of fun with this game.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 KvallyX

After this disaster you can bet that Sony is going to erase this IP from their catalog.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@kvallyx said:

After this disaster you can bet that Sony is going to erase this IP from their catalog.

I don't think so. Helldivers has never not had a community of gamers playing it. Arrowhead is one of the studios making games built around gameplay too. Not time sucking cut scenes... I imagine when helldivers 2 is working up to expectations it'll be sonys best game this year.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
@Pedro said:
@NoodleFighter said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Sony would never.😏

I'm sure Sony doesn't feel any pressure to do so... 300 million dollar budgets in play-it-safe, highly cinematic games sounds like a winning formula to sustain the business model on one platform.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#142 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4402 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Yeah I am disappointed. Game is in rough shape. Like...worse than WH40K: Darktide, if you can believe it.

Not a fan of the kernel-level anti-cheat that installed--without permission, I might add--onto my PC. Apparently its not actually for anti-cheat purposes, it's to prevent people from gaining items from the store so has nothing to do with gameplay.

It's also kind of an ugly, rough looking game. I expect better given the first game's impact and quality but this is just kind of bargain-bin level quality right now and not in a fun way, either.

Also hard to join matches, lose connection regularly.

Yeah, just...not great.

If people were hyped to this and are looking for alterntaives, I recommend:

• Deeprock Galactic
  • WH40K: Darktide
  • WH: Vermintide 2
  • Left4Dead 2
  • Aliens: Fireteam Elite

I haven't really had any issues with the game other than the downtime on the servers for maintenance the other day.

I've been playing Aliens: Fireteam Elite and it's okay. I've had more issues in that game than I've had with HD2 so far, but it's still entertaining as long as you can find a team to join or have at least one person to coop with. L4D2 is dated and I never really got into that one. Vermintide 2 was okay, never played it much, but played the crap out of the first one.

If matchmaking can get smoothed out more I think HD2 will do just fine. It runs smooth on my system. I got the game for about $30 so I won't complain about the price, it could have been a crappy priced game like Ubisoft did with their Skull & Bones game being priced at $60.

I could, however, do without the shitty anit-cheat software. Hopefully that crap completely uninstalls when I get to the point that I'm done with HD2 and I remove it from my system.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#143 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5185 Posts

I played for around 10 hours this weekend. The game is really fun and chaotic. A lot of the fun comes from doing the wrong thing and messing up and seeing what happens.

It really is a breath of fresh air when it comes to Live Service games. Nothing feels forced or in my face to buy anything extra. (When I played WarZone 2 I was completely overwhelmed and could barely even figure out how to play for free)

If HD2 can get its server issues figured out the game is a SOLID 8/10 for me. I'm giving the game the benefit of the doubt here, there's a fantastic game underneath the server issues.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 R4gn4r0k

@Star67 said:

I played for around 10 hours this weekend. The game is really fun and chaotic. A lot of the fun comes from doing the wrong thing and messing up and seeing what happens.

It really is a breath of fresh air when it comes to Live Service games. Nothing feels forced or in my face to buy anything extra. (When I played WarZone 2 I was completely overwhelmed and could barely even figure out how to play for free)

If HD2 can get its server issues figured out the game is a SOLID 8/10 for me. I'm giving the game the benefit of the doubt here, there's a fantastic game underneath the server issues.

Yup, most of the times when I buy a live service game I spend very little time actually playing and most of my time navigating a very cluttered and badly designed UI searching for the exit button.

Really they are just storefronts disguished as games. Offering very little in the way of fun times and a lot is just *subtly* motivating the player to spend.

Helldivers on the other hand has a lot to do. A lot of the core gameplay is fun, saluting to your friends is fun, and seeing everything go wrong is fun.

If they want to monetize skins, they can, they picked a style and stuck to it.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 KvallyX

Only 7/10 at Steam :(

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44301 Posts

@kvallyx said:

That's some worldclass floppage...

Poo bovine brigade. lol :P

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Zero_epyon  Online

@kvallyx said:

Yeah, those server issues are killing this game. They didn't think they'd need so many servers, did maintenance to increase the servers, and ran out of servers within minutes. This game needed a beta.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 KvallyX

@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:

Yeah, those server issues are killing this game. They didn't think they'd need so many servers, did maintenance to increase the servers, and ran out of servers within minutes. This game needed a beta.

The DRM is killing it on Steam too.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Zero_epyon  Online

@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:

The DRM is killing it on Steam too.

What's the DRM doing?

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#150 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5185 Posts

@Zero_epyon: TBF the first game had an all time peak on steam at like 30K

I think Helldivers 2 has had a peak of 150K on steam, with over 1 million sold on both Steam and PS.

The Game Director stated their servers on launch could do 250K then they updated to 360K and within 6 minutes of the update they were full again.

It's absolutely insane how a sequel to a niche game 8 years ago is blowing up like this