UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3041 Posts

Game is super fun! Can't wait until tomorrow night when I can play more! Hopefully by then we'll get a stability patch or two.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6266 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: No one really cares about DD2, you said you were doing a Helldivers 2 hype thread, but I guess you got scared.

I am not afraid of life like you are. And i am collecting my strength for the DD2 thread, which will be my magnum opus. Respect my choices.

Says his not afraid, and yet was too afraid to make a hype thread for this game when you said you were. You're very scared.

And respect is earned not demanded, and you haven't earned it.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6911 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Helldivers 2 surpassed GoW 2018 with PlayStation's highest CCU count to date.

PlayStation's GaaS strategy is starting off on the right foot.

Lol nobody gives a shit about CCU. This won't sell a third of what God of War sold.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39213 Posts

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: No one really cares about DD2, you said you were doing a Helldivers 2 hype thread, but I guess you got scared.

I am not afraid of life like you are. And i am collecting my strength for the DD2 thread, which will be my magnum opus. Respect my choices.

Says his not afraid, and yet was too afraid to make a hype thread for this game when you said you were. You're very scared.

And respect is earned not demanded, and you haven't earned it.

I don't care how it is. I demand your respect.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6266 Posts

@hardwenzen: Gimme me a sec I'm looking for some respect.....sorry I can't find any for you.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

@Litchie: yeah this is typical for the internet. You always need an EXTREME and RADICAL opinion about everything, as everyone is always yelling on the internet and you need something to stand out

I swear every game that launches these days, some YouTube channel is always gonna call it the worst thing ever and claim it has a higher deathtoll than Hitler or Khan.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 R4gn4r0k

@mrbojangles25: be sure to turn off anti aliasing as it just blurs the image and does nothing except force TAA.

As for graphics fidelity: I'm actually rather impressed. There are a ton of particles all the time affected by wind, and so is your cape.

All the levels seem really moody so far.

And this game has my favourite animation of all

*Salutes

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3441 Posts

Worst game ever (for the week) confirmed!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34670 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

Yeah I am disappointed. Game is in rough shape. Like...worse than WH40K: Darktide, if you can believe it.

Weird. My experience was that Helldivers 2 is much better on launch day than Darktide was. Darktide had a lot of missing features, it literally felt like early access. The performance was also ass, at least on my rig. Many disconnections, and settings that didn't stay or even work at all.. Helldivers 2 feels like a full game, runs and looks good, but has online hiccups like pretty much every online game on launch day.

Played for around 4 hours with friends yesterday and had a blast. Got disconnected once.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 R4gn4r0k

@Litchie said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Yeah I am disappointed. Game is in rough shape. Like...worse than WH40K: Darktide, if you can believe it.

Weird. My experience was that Helldivers 2 is much better on launch day than Darktide was. Darktide had a lot of missing features, it literally felt like early access. The performance was also ass, at least on my rig. Many disconnections, and settings that didn't stay or even work at all.. Helldivers 2 feels like a full game, runs and looks good, but has online hiccups like pretty much every online game on launch day.

Played for around 4 hours with friends yesterday and had a blast. Got disconnected once.

For me all I can say is that i had CTD when launching the game. But I was reading the forums shortly before hand and I knew the solution

• Put compatibility on Win 8
  • Put exe on run as administrator

Haven't had a crash ever since, but I've had a few friends drop due to crashes.

Hope we find some time tonight or in the coming days to play together!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 R4gn4r0k
@kathaariancode said:

Worst game ever (for the week) confirmed!

I'm keeping track of all of these 🤣

Week 1: Rockay City

Week 2: Gollum

Week 3: Kong

Week 4: The Walking Dead Destinies

Week 5: Helldivers 2

Whatever will the internet be outraged over next week

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11139 Posts

I'm downloading it for PC as we speak. I realllly hope they get this stuff ironed out. The game looked fun as hell at least, but I know it's gonna have growing pains

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34670 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Hell yes, I got time pretty much whenever this weekend.

I probably got lucky with Helldivers.. Others seem to have way more issues than me. One disconnection, no CTDs. Biggest issue seems to have been disconnections when doing quickplay, and I think they released a patch for that already.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 R4gn4r0k

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I'm downloading it for PC as we speak. I realllly hope they get this stuff ironed out. The game looked fun as hell at least, but I know it's gonna have growing pains

Not sure how the crashing situation is right this moment but the matchmaking was fixed recently and speedily.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13025 Posts

It’s a decent game so far but damn it’s ugly. And the animations bring me back to the PS3 days.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 R4gn4r0k

Sony is winning

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

Should've been included with PS+

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 KvallyX

Steam reviews are 😳 No bueno.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 KvallyX
@R4gn4r0k said:

Sony is winning

Imagine how high their other games would be if they were day and date as well!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@kvallyx said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Sony is winning

Exactly, a lot of gamers will have already had the opportunity to play these games on PS4, then PS5 and why not a service like PSN Premium.

It's great that I can choose to play this game on PC because I don't have an online subscription for Playstation.

+ PC has ultrawide

+ PC has m/KB support

- PC has an anti cheat software with a bad reputation

I can weigh all the positives and negatives and make an informed decision.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12322 Posts

@silentchief:

Of course it won't outsell God of War. I'm just pointing out its their most successful launch on PC and a great started to their live service ambitions.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20126 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Sony is winning

It would be much higher on PC but it’ll eat into PS sales.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 R4gn4r0k

@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Sony is winning

Exactly, I don't think Sony is still selling their consoles at a loss so for them:

Selling game X is less preferable to selling game X with a Playstation console.

It also presents better numbers for their shareholders.

Helldivers is a live service so I guess in the end for them it doesn't matter that much.

Look at Horizon Forbidden west, purely a singleplayer game: that game is coming 2 years after the PS5 release, that is a long amount of time for anyone to wait for a PC release.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Zero_epyon

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Sony is winning

Exactly, I don't think Sony is still selling their consoles at a loss so for them:

Selling game X is less preferable to selling game X with a Playstation console.

It also presents better numbers for their shareholders.

Helldivers is a live service so I guess in the end for them it doesn't matter that much.

Look at Horizon Forbidden west, purely a singleplayer game: that game is coming 2 years after the PS5 release, that is a long amount of time for anyone to wait for a PC release.

Also, they have to pay Steam 30% of each sale. Why do that when they know they can get a decent chunk of sales on PS without paying 30% to other digital storefronts?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#75 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15946 Posts

I really dont want to spend any more money as this game definitely will be in my backlogs. I am currently still in Granblue and already got 4 pre ordered games up till April. So jealous, best time to play these game is when everyone still new and unlocking new upgrades. Enjoy! Also this game have crossplay?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 R4gn4r0k

@Zero_epyon said:

Also, they have to pay Steam 30% of each sale. Why do that when they know they can get a decent chunk of sales on PS without paying 30% to other digital storefronts?

It is a good question. They could've gone with Epic and paid less than 30%

On the other hand dichting Steam and then come running back could make for looking like a fool so I guess Sony was right selecting the biggest store front.

Also could be wrong but if Sony sells say God of War Ragnarok in a brick and mortar store don't they have to pay 30% too?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 R4gn4r0k
@sakaixx said:

I really dont want to spend any more money as this game definitely will be in my backlogs. I am currently still in Granblue and already got 4 pre ordered games up till April. So jealous, best time to play these game is when everyone still new and unlocking new upgrades. Enjoy! Also this game have crossplay?

Yup, it has crossplay. So I guess if you do quickmatch you will team up with both PSN and PC users.

don't worry about missing out, just enjoy the games you have atm.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Zero_epyon

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Zero_epyon said:

On the other hand dichting Steam and then come running back could make for looking like a fool so I guess Sony was right selecting the biggest store front.

Also could be wrong but if Sony sells say God of War Ragnarok in a brick and mortar store don't they have to pay 30% too?

Yes! But they‘ll then charge $70 for a title that’s a year old and worth about $40. So they reinvigorate sales for their franchises while still making some money and spreading the word of PlayStation to PC gamers.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#79 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15946 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@sakaixx said:

Yup, it has crossplay. So I guess if you do quickmatch you will team up with both PSN and PC users.

don't worry about missing out, just enjoy the games you have atm.

I am buying it maybe after Eiyudden Chronicles which should be released in april. Great that it have a large population.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 R4gn4r0k

@sakaixx said:

I am buying it maybe after Eiyudden Chronicles which should be released in april. Great that it have a large population.

Yeah these sort of games thrive on a big community so I'm glad PS5 and PC can play together.

Also this sort of game really stands or falls on its gameplay. It's a live service second, the thing that it needs first and foremost is just fun gameplay :)

Banishers and Tomb Raider are releasing next week but I'm not even sure if I'll have time to play them :p

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Saint-George  Online
Member since 2023 • 1295 Posts

Seeing as Steam reviews and playing figures have been brought to SW recently... I give you..

Helldivers 2 6/10 on Steam.

Plus Silent hill 3-10 GS

PlayStation...bringing the bangers...

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12322 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Zero_epyon said:

🤔 ... it's actually quite surprising they didn't release this game on the Epic Store. Maybe it's because it would require more work to integrate the network piece into the store or launcher? Really makes you wonder why.

Re: brick and mortar stores - yes, they pay them a portion of the revenue (probably 30%) but it's arguably more worth it than a digital store considering they can brand and market their own things whichever way they want. They can put up games, accessories, consoles, promotional advertising for big games, demo stations etc. It's essentially just marketing spend.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39213 Posts

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Gimme me a sec I'm looking for some respect.....sorry I can't find any for you.

Your trolling does nothing to me. Never forget that.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Wonder if @TheEroica would play with @getyeryayasout ? Cross play baby, awww yeahhh!

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 KvallyX

@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Sony is winning

I suspect the amount of cross over is tiny.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#86 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58393 Posts

@Litchie said:

@R4gn4r0k: Hell yes, I got time pretty much whenever this weekend.

I probably got lucky with Helldivers.. Others seem to have way more issues than me. One disconnection, no CTDs. Biggest issue seems to have been disconnections when doing quickplay, and I think they released a patch for that already.

Yes, that was my issue as well for the most part.

Core game is fun. Relatively quick missions, large community, fun gameplay...there's a lot to like about the game. There's just a lot of obstacles in the way of getting to like those things.

As others have said, I hope they iron out the issues. I fully expect them to as well, I just hope it doesn't take a year like it did with Darktide.

Such is the state of modern game development, I suppose; get the game to a somewhat playable state for maybe 50% of systems, then just patch and fix after release. I suppose I should just accept this as par for the course instead of being surprised by it.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7712 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

still havent had a single crash, think its amd gpu owners who have been having a bad time

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22772 Posts

@Heil68: gonna give it a week to settle in and then hell yeah. I love diving!

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1613 Posts

Steam reviews say mostly positive. Are the launch server issues fixed then?

Also insane thread backfire lol. We have people in here literally making things up about the game to cope.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1613 Posts

From the people who are playing it, and steam reviews, it looks like it's actually working out well

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Zero_epyon

Issues appear to have been ironed out and now reviews are mostly positive. Going to get back in there tonight!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Zero_epyon
@mazuiface said:

From the people who are playing it, and steam reviews, it looks like it's actually working out well

ahh you beat me to it!

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By KvallyX

Damn, Helldivers 2 flops and now Foamstars! WHAT IS GOING ON at Sony?!!?

They are calling the game Starship Poopers 😂

https://metro.co.uk/2024/02/09/helldivers-2-review-progress-starship-poopers-20250428/

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Zero_epyon

@kvallyx said:

https://metro.co.uk/2024/02/09/helldivers-2-review-progress-starship-poopers-20250428/

Foamstars is Square Enix and I'm ok with it flopping. That game looked dumb from the start.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 KvallyX

@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:

Foamstars is Square Enix and I'm ok with it flopping. That game looked dumb from the start.

Sony moneyhatted Foamstars to make it exclusive for their customers.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Saint-George  Online

Silent hill 3-10

Helldivers 2,6-10

Foamstars 59/100

No wonder Sony begged MS to give them a few Xbox studio's Games.

"Help please,Xbox"

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 KvallyX

@saint-george said:

Silent hill 3-10

Helldivers 2,6-10

Foamstars 59/100

"Help please,Xbox"

Horrible start to 2024 :(

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Saint-George  Online

@kvallyx said:
@saint-george said:

Silent hill 3-10

Helldivers 2,6-10

Foamstars 59/100

"Help please,Xbox"

Horrible start to 2024 :(

Luckily they have plenty of first party lined up in 2024..

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Zero_epyon

@kvallyx said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kvallyx said:

Sony moneyhatted Foamstars to make it exclusive for their customers.

Or...Square didn't see the value in putting it on a dead console. lol

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#100 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69771 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

Or...Square didn't see the value in putting it on a dead console. lol

Or on dying PC gaming.😏