Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@GioVela2010 said:

We all have opinions.

I'm gald you concede that this thread and your views are completely subjective (as well as contrarian).

Meanwhile back on Earth, Witcher 3 objectively looks and runs better on PC. Like 99% of video games.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@Juub1990 said:

@GioVela2010: Possible but I doubt it. Aside from retroactive upgrades on consoles, I believe most high-profile games will feature HDR support on all platforms. Most recent example being AC:Origins.

Xbox has like 30 more HDR games than PC, when we c look back at this a Year from now do you believe the gap will widen or narrow?

Also PC HDR can be a pain in the ass from what I’ve read on more than one occasion.

just a small example

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-high-dynamic-range-hdr-wide-color-gamut-wcg/2575889-enable-hdr-pc-2.html

Gee, sounds familiar on another platform.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/211211-assassins-creed-origins/75964078

"For anyone having this issue, Mine was fixed by turning off the ycc 4:4 option or whatever it’s called in the display menu under settings. After this I was able to adjust the hdr sliders in game again"

Fact of the matter is, all the systems can have possible issues. Consoles aren't plug and play, anymore.

Are you arguing that HDR accessibility on X1X is as difficult as it is on PC?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

@GioVela2010 said:
@zaryia said:
@Juub1990 said:

@GioVela2010: Why the hell are you using a 12K$ home theater with a piece of shit 500$ console?

He's on the record saying controller > kbm/m FOR FPS INCLUDING Unreal and Quake. 24 fps > 60 fps due to cinematic reasons. His TV makes Xbox superior to PC. His TV makes Xbox360 superior to PC. His mind is stuck in an alternate dimension.

It's like politics and how Republicans think Global Warming is fake even though facts state otherwise.

Team mentality over rationality. He's always said consoles have had better gfx, no matter how extreme the gap. He is essentially using that same failed laughing stock debate in this thread. But objectively, it's worthless. These games ARE better played on PC, objectively. They look better. They run better. End of discussion.

The sad part is he's linked Digital Foundry, which explicitly states PC holds a better experience for as significant majority of current gen games. Including Witcher 3. Multiple tech sites have videos showing the same results. He knows this, he's commented on them.

TLDR: Extreme and long held fanboyism.

We all have opinions. I believe An X1X is better suited for my Setup. Thr PC fanboy reasoning of “144hz bro” does nothing for my Home Theater. But your low level IQ Can’t comprehend this, SAD.

We’re being adults right now and honest, stop being a bitter fanboy over what I prefer for my setup.

PS: The Witcher looks and sounds better on my setup than yours

No, The Witcher does not look better on your setup. You must have missed my screenshots.

Look at the grass and textures! Hahaha!

PC's modded textures eat Xbox One X's for breakfast, and same with the foliage/draw distance. Not to mention, this is all at double the framerate.

One X looks like a cartoon compared to TW3 on PC modded out.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#204 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95:

didnt you know hdr makes those bushes pop!

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 DragonfireXZ95

@GioVela2010 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@Juub1990 said:

@GioVela2010: Possible but I doubt it. Aside from retroactive upgrades on consoles, I believe most high-profile games will feature HDR support on all platforms. Most recent example being AC:Origins.

Xbox has like 30 more HDR games than PC, when we c look back at this a Year from now do you believe the gap will widen or narrow?

Also PC HDR can be a pain in the ass from what I’ve read on more than one occasion.

just a small example

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-high-dynamic-range-hdr-wide-color-gamut-wcg/2575889-enable-hdr-pc-2.html

"For anyone having this issue, Mine was fixed by turning off the ycc 4:4 option or whatever it’s called in the display menu under settings. After this I was able to adjust the hdr sliders in game again"

Fact of the matter is, all the systems can have possible issues. Consoles aren't plug and play, anymore.

Are you trying to twist my words so it fits into your maligned narrative?

They can both be nightmares for some people, depending on the setups.

Both of them also probably work right out of the box for most people. You're acting like PC HDR doesn't work for anyone based on one thread. I'm simply saying that both of them run into plenty of problems.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By GioVela2010

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@Juub1990 said:

just a small example

Both of them also probably work right out of the box for most people. You're acting like PC HDR doesn't work for anyone based on one thread. I'm simply saying that both of them run into plenty of problems.

Oh boo boo twisting your words. I’ll ask straight out than.

Which platform has easier acces in and out of hDR? PC or X1X?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By DragonfireXZ95

@GioVela2010 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@GioVela2010 said:

just a small example

Oh boo boo twisting your words. I’ll ask straight out than.

Which platform has easier acces in and out of hDR? PC or X1X?

I don't know the answer to that question. Do you have a poll? :P

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@GioVela2010 said:

just a small example

Shrink of course. A year ago PC games with HDR were extremely rare even for the most recent ones. It isn't until recently that PC started steadily getting games in HDR. Forza Horizon 3 has no HDR on PC. Forza 7 does. HDR monitors will also be more prevalent in 2018 on the PC and in the future.

Link

Look at this list. 18 games out of 26 games came out in 2017 or later. HDR in 2016 was scarce and in 2015 was almost unheard of. Also unlike on consoles, PC seldom gets retroactive upgrades with HDR. These retroactive patches will become less and less common. Moving forward HDR on PC will be as common as on consoles.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By DragonfireXZ95

@04dcarraher: Oh yeah, I forgot. HDR > everything. We don't even need textures. Just straight up HDR on those naked polygons will fix everything.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

No, The Witcher does not look better on your setup. You must have missed my screenshots.

PC's modded textures eat Xbox One X's for breakfast, and same with the foliage/draw distance. Not to mention, this is all at double the framerate.

Holy shit this looks amazing. How do I get my game to look like that?

@GioVela2010 You gotta admit there's a huge difference here.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@GioVela2010 said:
@zaryia said:
@Juub1990 said:

@GioVela2010: Why the hell are you using a 12K$ home theater with a piece of shit 500$ console?

He's on the record saying controller > kbm/m FOR FPS INCLUDING Unreal and Quake. 24 fps > 60 fps due to cinematic reasons. His TV makes Xbox superior to PC. His TV makes Xbox360 superior to PC. His mind is stuck in an alternate dimension.

It's like politics and how Republicans think Global Warming is fake even though facts state otherwise.

Team mentality over rationality. He's always said consoles have had better gfx, no matter how extreme the gap. He is essentially using that same failed laughing stock debate in this thread. But objectively, it's worthless. These games ARE better played on PC, objectively. They look better. They run better. End of discussion.

The sad part is he's linked Digital Foundry, which explicitly states PC holds a better experience for as significant majority of current gen games. Including Witcher 3. Multiple tech sites have videos showing the same results. He knows this, he's commented on them.

We all have opinions. I believe An X1X is better suited for my Setup. Thr PC fanboy reasoning of “144hz bro” does nothing for my Home Theater. But your low level IQ Can’t comprehend this, SAD.

We’re being adults right now and honest, stop being a bitter fanboy over what I prefer for my setup.

Sounds better on my Sennheiser HD800's :D ..... except for the bass :(

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@jereb31 said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@zaryia said:
@Juub1990 said:

Sounds better on my Sennheiser HD800's :D ..... except for the bass :(

Hahaha I remember when I was back in College I had a "ROCKIN" set of Creative S750 Gigaworks!!
I mean how awesome were those for the college kid with a room that was 2.5m x 2.5m concrete walls.
Hehehehe, I should dig out those speakers.... I miss them.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 GioVela2010

@Juub1990 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Holy shit this looks amazing. How do I get my game to look like that?

@GioVela2010 You gotta admit there's a huge difference here.

It looks great. ill check out that scene on my screen Lol.

ive Tried mods before (other games) but failed And gave up haha

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By DragonfireXZ95

@Juub1990: You can achieve most of it by using these few mods:

For textures: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1021

For lighting: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/657

I use this for my Reshade: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1174

But, you can use any reshade you want if you have any personal effects you'd like to change. That one above is nice because if you install the extra stuff, it unlocks extreme settings in your graphics options in game(be wary, changing some of these options to extreme destroys even high end gaming computers, especially foliage rendering distance, however you can scale them up just a tiny bit for dramatic effect).

Then, for grass I use this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1545

There's a few other mods, such as always use high res character models(which basically uses the cutscene character models outside of cutscenes): https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1024

But, the 4 top ones will get you most of what's in these screenshots.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

@GioVela2010 said:

But your low level IQ Can’t comprehend this, SAD.

Meanwhile, you're insulting his IQ and throwing Trump style rhetoric. Sad indeed.