Happy Gimmicks that never took flight Day: POWAH OF THE CLOUDS

• 101 results
daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Happy Gimmicks that never took flight Day: POWAH OF THE CLOUDS (14 votes)

Is the POWAH OF THE CLOUDS tech for the next GEN console? 14%
Was the POWAH OF THE CLOUDS murdered and MS haven't found the suspect yet? 86%

As you all know , back in 2014 MS showed to the world of their POWAH OF THE CLOUDS Agenda, that never took flight. MS promised their fans that their xb1 would have the POWAH of 3-4 xb1's once the POWAH OF THE CLOUDS kicked in yo, via internet.

So us NON MS FANS know that any decent person that has some basic form of common sense argued the lemmings that the POWAH OF THE CLOUDS was just a gimmick and that they shouldn't put their hopes into a tech that isn't ready for prime time, but as you all know, MS fans drank the kool aid and have been waiting for the last 4-5 years for the POWAH OF THE CLOUDS to kick in yo.

So here are some videos I found from MS fans being very delusional to NON MS fans Stating that the POWAH OF THE CLOUDS was bound to fail, but lets start off with a MS video explaining the POWAH OF THE CLOUDS to their viewers.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

PSVR - Never really took off and barely gets a mention now.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@boycie said:

It must of took flight if its being sold in stores /shrug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@daredevils2k said:
@boycie said:

It must of took flight if its being sold in stores /shrug

Ah. I thought you just meant gimmicks that didn't really do that well.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Kinect 2.0.

Prety much forced on lems.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

Did the POWAH OF THE CLOUD actually released at all?

@boycie said:

PSVR is of course the only console VR device available and not just this console VR but the rest of all VR devices are still in the early stage of ever becoming a hit. Give it time, I went to see all VR do well :)

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

? "Power of teh Cloud"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@davillain- said:

@boycie said:

PSVR is of course the only console VR device available and not just this console VR but the rest of all VR devices are still in the early stage of ever becoming a hit. Give it time, I went to see all VR do well :)

The same could be said for cloud technology though. Okay we don't have the power of the cloud just yet, but we will in the future. After all is Sony not using the cloud to power PSnow?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Don't they use the cloud for storage?

That's still using teh cloud = Everyone rekt ;)

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@davillain- said:

@boycie said:

@quadknight said:

? "Power of teh Cloud"

So yes Azure (cloud power) is released and it is making Microsoft a metric shit ton of money, but fanboy away. I would put money that Azure is making Microsoft more money then PSVR is for Sony. :P It is a product bringing in BILLIONS of dollars in for Microsoft per year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/27/microsoft-azure-growing-faster-than-aws-google-cloud-behind.html

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By QuadKnight
@Xabiss said:
@davillain- said:

@boycie said:

@quadknight said:

? "Power of teh Cloud"

You do understand the cloud is Azure, it is released, and makes Microsoft a shit ton of money right now. So yes Azure (cloud power) is released and it is making Microsoft a metric shit ton of money, but fanboy away. I would put money that Azure is making Microsoft more money then PSVR is for Sony. :P

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/27/microsoft-azure-growing-faster-than-aws-google-cloud-behind.html

? What has Azure done for Xbox gaming?

"Power of teh clouds" ????

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 QuadKnight
@scatteh316 said:

? How does that benefit gaming on Xbone? I'm waiting for your stupid response.

BTW, when did you suddenly turn into a lem. You've been borrowing some of the dumbest lem talking points recently. What happened to you?

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

DX12 for xbone, cloud, Kinect 2.0 (lul), and promises of VR with xbone x. Xboners are constantly tricked

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By scatteh316
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:

BTW, when did you suddenly turn into a lem. You've been borrowing some of the dumbest lem talking points recently. What happened to you?

I just tackle idiots now......and surprisingly most of them are cows.

I still bash on Xbone when it makes sense to do so.

It benefits Xbone from save games, which is quite a rubbish advantage but it's still the cloud service and it's still being used so any claims of it 'never took flight day' are redundant.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 QuadKnight
@scatteh316 said:
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:

Well you forgot to tackle yourself because so far you're one of the biggest idiots around. You still haven't answered my question BTW.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@scatteh316 said:
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:

This.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Xabiss

@quadknight said:
@Xabiss said:
@davillain- said:

@boycie said:

@quadknight said:

? "Power of teh Cloud"

You do understand the cloud is Azure, it is released, and makes Microsoft a shit ton of money right now. So yes Azure (cloud power) is released and it is making Microsoft a metric shit ton of money, but fanboy away. I would put money that Azure is making Microsoft more money then PSVR is for Sony. :P

Not much, but it is still a very profitable product. So I don't know what the big deal is. They tried to do something different and it is obviously a failure in gaming right now. Why is it frowned upon because they tried something new. That is how new technology is born and it still doesn't take the point away Azure is a total success. Maybe in the future it might actually be viable in gaming only time will tell, but fanboy away that is all you know how to do anyway.

BTW Azure powers Xbox Live so it does a shit ton for gaming on the platform technically. :P

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By QuadKnight
@scatteh316 said:

It benefits Xbone from save games, which is quite a rubbish advantage but it's still the cloud service and it's still being used so any claims of it 'never took flight day' are redundant.

So in other words it's a gimmick and wasted feature like the OP said.

PS4 lets you save your game saves on the cloud and I don't see Sony hyping "teh power of teh cloud" like MS does. Even my phone does this with my pictures, music and data, literally almost every electronic device I own uses the cloud in one form or another. So why was MS hyping the cloud like it was some kind of epic feature that was supposed to help Xbox in unique ways back in 2014 instead of a glorified external hard disk?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@Xabiss: The way things are going, I think MS underestimate with this whole Cloud thing being used on console and if the Xbox One was still under that DRM, we would've seen usage of the Cloud by now. Until we see Crackdown 3 uses the Cloud at it's fullest, nothing to get all excited about it.

All this time, MS hasn't even use Azure at all and have nothing to show for. PSVR at least launch and showing off what it could do.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By daredevils2k

@quadknight said:
@Xabiss said:
@davillain- said:

@boycie said:

@quadknight said:

? "Power of teh Cloud"

@quadknight The XBOX division needs all the money they can get with their FAILING XBOX SALES LOLS

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 daredevils2k

@boycie said:
@scatteh316 said:
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:

This.

@quadknight LOL he said he tackles idiot now, only a an IDIOT would jump onto a SINKING SHIP :P

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 QuadKnight
@daredevils2k said:
@boycie said:
@scatteh316 said:
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:

This.

@quadknight LOL he said he tackles idiot now, only a an IDIOT would jump onto a SINKING SHIP :P

? So true.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@boycie: the majority of dummies on this forum are obviously lems. You being in the top 5 without a doubt.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator

@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:

PS4 lets you save your game saves on the cloud and I don't see Sony hyping "teh power of teh cloud" like MS does. Even my phone does this with my pictures, music and data, literally almost every electronic device I own uses the cloud in one form or another. So why was MS hyping the cloud like it was some kind of epic feature that was supposed to help Xbox in unique ways back in 2014 instead of a glorified external hard disk?

Back in 2013, MS thought they can get away with the Xbox One being DRM, they were hoping the Cloud would be feature included and when MS pull the DRM plug, the Cloud became useless and had to go under reconstruction and it took Crackdown 3 feature with it. MS sure didn't see that one coming and it shows.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Xabiss

@davillain- said:

@Xabiss: The way things are going, I think MS underestimate with this whole Cloud thing being used on console and if the Xbox One was still under that DRM, we would've seen usage of the Cloud by now. Until we see Crackdown 3 uses the Cloud at it's fullest, nothing to get all excited about it.

All this time, MS hasn't even use Azure at all and have nothing to show for. PSVR at least launch and showing off what it could do.

Ummm Microsoft uses Azure for a shit ton of stuff. The platform makes them billions of dollars per year. What are you talking about? Yes, it seems to be a failure for Crackdown 3, but it does power a lot of other shit.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Xabiss

@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:

Ummmm it power Xbox Live so technically it does benefit gaming on the bone. :P Didn't it do some stuff for Titanfall and Forza racing also?

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

We saw it with Titanfall 1, Forza Horizon 3 used it for Drivatars, David Jones company got purchased by epic, which was handling the multiplayer destruction in Crackdown 3, MS has its own cloud gaming division assisting studios(i know RB6 siege is a client). Im sure their are more. Sea Of Thieves, the devs have the ability to change up variables in the game world.

So lots of cool things happening with cloud technology in gaming.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@pdogg93 said:

@boycie: the majority of dummies on this forum are obviously lems. You being in the top 5 without a doubt.

I don't even own a MS console, I have Switch and aging PC. I just like to wind up the Sony fanboys because they are sooooo smug, just like yourself.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By QuadKnight
@davillain- said:
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:

Back in 2013, MS thought they can get away with the Xbox One being DRM, they were hoping the Cloud would be feature included and when MS pull the DRM plug, the Cloud became useless and had to go under reconstruction and it took Crackdown 3 feature with it. MS sure didn't see that one coming and it shows.

If Crackdown 3 eventually releases we'll see how useful the "power of teh cloud" really is lol.

It's a lot of hot air hype they created back in those days because they were getting destroyed and needed something. Have you noticed that almost everything they announced back in E3 2014 was a flop or never materialized? "Power of teh Cloud" was announced back in the infamous E3 2014 so I'm not surprised it's a lot of hot air and bullshit that's actually useless for gaming.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By QuadKnight
@Xabiss said:
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:

Ummmm it power Xbox Live so technically it does benefit gaming on the bone. :P Didn't it do some stuff for Titanfall and Forza racing also?

? "Power of teh cloud" folks...

Loading Video...

Meanwhile on PS4...

Loading Video...

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By scatteh316
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:

Maybe read the first sentence....In fact I'll quote it for you...

As you all know , back in 2014 MS showed to the world of their POWAH OF THE CLOUDS Agenda, that never took flight.

It did take flight, not fully as intended and advertised but it did take flight and is being used.

So if it's being used this thread is a flop.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Xabiss

@scatteh316 said:
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:

Maybe read the first sentence....In fact I'll quote for you...

As you all know , back in 2014 MS showed to the world of their POWAH OF THE CLOUDS Agenda, that never took flight.

It did take flight, not fully as intended and advertised but it did take flight and is being used.

He will just comeback with insults and gifs because he was wrong. Thats what hypocritical fanboys like quad does.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By QuadKnight
@scatteh316 said:
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:

Being used as a glorified USB flash drive instead of the epic computational wizardry that MS promised isn't what I would call "taking flight".

PS4 has cloud power too according to your dumb damage control since we can save our Save games to Sony's cloud servers. You didn't see Sony dedicating entire E3 Press Conferences to hyping that feature or talking about how their clouds were going to increase the computational power of their console. Face it dude, it's a gimmick and your damage controlling for it is stupid as hell and desperate. ? I'm starting to think you got your account hijacked, no cow would make stupid damage control statements like you're making now.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 scatteh316
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:

Being used as a glorified USB flash drive instead of the epic computational wizardry that MS promised isn't what I would call "taking flight".

PS4 has cloud power too according to your dumb damage control since we can save our Save games to Sony's cloud servers. You didn't see Sony dedicating entire E3 Press Conferences to hyping that feature or talking about how their clouds were going to increase the computational power of their console. Face it dude, it's a gimmick and your damage controlling for it is stupid as hell and desperate. ? I'm starting to think you got your account hijacked, no cow would make stupid damage control statements like you're making now.

It makes no difference if it's used as a USB flash drive, for server logic or some small shit like that.

IT'S BEING USED and has such has TAKEN FLIGHT so this thread is epic fail.

If the OP had said the cloud hasn't been used for advanced AI, Physics or any of the fancy shit Microsoft promised he would of had a point, but he didn't.....he used the term 'cloud' in general passing hoping to drive some obsessive Microsoft lovers to get a hard-on......and it worked.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 QuadKnight
@scatteh316 said:
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:

It makes no difference if it's used as a USB flash drive, for server logic or some small shit like that.

If the OP had said the cloud hasn't been used for advanced AI, Physics or any of the fancy shit Microsoft promised he would of had a point, but he didn't.....he used the term 'cloud' in general passing hoping to drive some obsessive Microsoft lovers to get a hard-on......and it worked.

I don't care if it's being used to cure cancer, it's worthless for gaming.

It's a total gimmick and doesn't beef up the Xbone's computational power in any meaningful way. We're still waiting for Crackhead 3's use of it 4 years later ?.

What the OP said is meaningless to me, it's a total gimmick and you should accept this fact instead of damage controlling like an idiot.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By scatteh316
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:

It's a total gimmick and doesn't beef up the Xbone's computational power in any meaningful way. We're still waiting for Crackhead 3's use of it 4 years later ?.

What the OP said is meaningless to me, it's a total gimmick and you should accept this fact instead of damage controlling like an idiot.

Where did I say it's not a gimmick? Or is that something you've just decided to make up to deflect from you being wrong?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 QuadKnight

@scatteh316 said:
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:

Where did I say it's not a gimmick? Or is that something you've just decided to make up to deflect from you being wrong?

Nah, you’re damage controlling here and saying it’s being used as promised because they are using it as a storage device even though it already existed as a storage medium before the Xbone was launched. You’re damage controlling like an idiot. In terms of it ”taking flight” like MS promised it would be for the Xbone it has exploded on the runway ?.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#38 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Damn, lems are the most cancerous fanboys around.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 scatteh316
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:

Nah, you’re damage controlling here and saying it’s being used as promised because they are using it as a storage device even though it already existed as a storage medium before the Xbone was launched. You’re damage controlling like an idiot. In terms of it ”taking flight” like MS promised it would be for the Xbone it has exploded on the runway ?.

Oh...so I didn't say it wasn't a gimmick hence your decently sized deflection post because you're not able to point it out...

And now you're claiming I'm saying it's being used as promised......can you please point out where I said that also...

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#40 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2961 Posts

Clouds don't need to take flight they are already in the sky, dipshit.

Honestly, just look up the formal definition of cloud computing.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:

Also avaliable on all other platforms.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44290 Posts

Meh. I’m really not too fussed about this myself. If they do manage to do some cool stuff with the cloud for Crackdown 3 then that’ll be cool. If not then it’s no big deal. I’m really not going to lose any sleep over it myself.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 scatteh316
@recloud said:
@scatteh316 said:
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:

Also avaliable on all other platforms.

Your silly point being?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#44 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

The delays from Crackdown show that MS is probably struggling with the best ways to use it. But SoT shows a good use of it. And I would prefer if they started to use like that, in discreet ways.

darkRecon6Opt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 darkRecon6Opt
Member since 2018 • 119 Posts

That 1080p makes u a better gamer until the narrative changed that was sonys gimmick

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#46  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69744 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@quadknight said:
@scatteh316 said:

When you know Cows have become the lowest forms of life on earth, even the few within their own ranks are capable of pointing that out.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

lol PSVR

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts

Azure is huge and is used by Xbox. They use it in terms that have already been mentioned, Xbox Live uses it, Game Pass uses it, devs such as Ubisoft use it for Seige and PUBG uses it as well and so on. They even have a cloud gaming division that focuses on getting developers to use the service much like Ubisoft does.

Azure is MSFT's money maker and you would be surprised at how large and powerful the network is. I deal with it on a daily basis as I work on the implementation of fiber optic network that powers it. When MSFT first announced how the Xbox would use it...I feel like a lot of that was marketing hype. However they do indeed use it for several of the Xbox services and games.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts
@Archangel3371 said:

Meh. I’m really not too fussed about this myself. If they do manage to do some cool stuff with the cloud for Crackdown 3 then that’ll be cool. If not then it’s no big deal. I’m really not going to lose any sleep over it myself.

but microsoft hyped it up to be the end all be all

at e3 they said it was more powerful 3 titans in sli

this was huge hype and excitement from microsoft if this fails thats fucked up cuz of what they promised