Halo 3 Vs. Unreal Tournament 3

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
Halo 3 definitely, but I gotta say UT3 is shaping up quite nicely and Epic has done a great job with their last few games so it's definitely one to watch out for. I've never been a big UT fan, but I might get on board this time.
BlaveBrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 BlaveBrave
Member since 2005 • 809 Posts

UT3 because it's multiplayer is way better than Halo, and it's speed is second to none. Plus there is no aim assit even in the X-Box version, so you actually have to hit your targets.

Nothing beats a good game of Bombing Run with low Grav :D.

Chaos_Daro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 Chaos_Daro
Member since 2006 • 1818 Posts

I'm going to get both but if I had to choose, I'd go with halo 3. Simply because I don't know how well UT would work on a console. But I know that Halo 3's multiplayer will be awesome so it's less of a gamble. (I'm getting the 360 version of UT3 btw ;) )

BlaveBrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 BlaveBrave
Member since 2005 • 809 Posts

I'm going to get both but if I had to choose, I'd go with halo 3. Simply because I don't know how well UT would work on a console. But I know that Halo 3's multiplayer will be awesome so it's less of a gamble. (I'm getting the 360 version of UT3 btw ;) )

Chaos_Daro

BOO you should get the PC version :D, but hopefully the PC user can play with the 360 user by than.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

UT3 definatly wins in the Viechles department.

Halo's Viechles are very very boring in comparison.

NoNam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 NoNam3r
Member since 2004 • 831 Posts
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="_en1gma_"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]U3 is going to have an amazing single player, and is more widely supported by competitive gaming circuits. I'd chose it._en1gma_

are you going to do any competitions?

Sure am, I belong to one of the best COD/UT clans. We placed in SOTF, CPL, and are in the highest of CAL for COD2.

sweet

cant wait until next yeat. my team are going mlg all the way. :D

u wont even make it out of open 4v4

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
[QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

Halo cannot compare to Unreal Tournament at all. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Not only is the gameplay nearly completely opposite, but Unreal Tournament is also far more skill based.

gillri

oh really? well alot of people would say the opposite due to its slower gameplay

plus Halo is way more balanced, better designed vehicles that are implemented more cohesively than Epic effort

plus Halo has SP

Epic is developing an actual Campaign (with Co-op) for UT3.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Meu2k7
[QUOTE="gillri"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

Halo cannot compare to Unreal Tournament at all. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Not only is the gameplay nearly completely opposite, but Unreal Tournament is also far more skill based.

Hewkii

oh really? well alot of people would say the opposite due to its slower gameplay

plus Halo is way more balanced, better designed vehicles that are implemented more cohesively than Epic effort

plus Halo has SP

And to say Halo's Viechles are more balanced is strange, one grenade renders them all useless.

footballa27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109 footballa27
Member since 2006 • 1109 Posts

UT3 is acually winning now, ppl now realize how to play it for the game not for the hype

11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts
[QUOTE="Hewkii"][QUOTE="gillri"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

Meu2k7

plus Halo has SP

And to say Halo's Viechles are more balanced is strange, one grenade renders them all useless.

footballa27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 footballa27
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="Hewkii"][QUOTE="gillri"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

11Marcel

plus Halo has SP

acually ut's is more balanced, becuz its epic =)

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Meu2k7
[QUOTE="11Marcel"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="Hewkii"][QUOTE="gillri"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

footballa27

plus Halo has SP

I know thats what I said , You can render a veichle on Halo useless with one grenade , they move slow and are fragile.

UT's veichles are hardcore devasting, *drools* at the Leviathan (If I'm remembering the name correctly).

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts
probaly unreal tournamnet 3 because the multiplayer looks better than halo 3's because halo 3's multiplayer is just going to be more of the same regardless i will probaly end up buying both
footballa27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 footballa27
[QUOTE="footballa27"][QUOTE="11Marcel"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="Hewkii"][QUOTE="gillri"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

Meu2k7

plus Halo has SP

I know thats what I said , You can render a veichle on Halo useless with one grenade , they move slow and are fragile.

UT's veichles are hardcore devasting, *drools* at the Leviathan (If I'm remembering the name correctly).

that vehicle looks kick ass, its like the size of 10 bulldozers lol. ut is gonna own halo 3 vehicle and online wise

Bromz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Bromz
Member since 2005 • 1639 Posts
I'm going to wait for reviews and feedback on the forums. But I voted UT3, looks awesome, better than Halo. But if halo has 4 player co-op that could swing it as my mates will all have it and it'd be great (don't think they'll get ut unfortunately, they tend to just get caught up in hype).
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Meu2k7

I'm going to wait for reviews and feedback on the forums. But I voted UT3, looks awesome, better than Halo. But if halo has 4 player co-op that could swing it as my mates will all have it and it'd be great (don't think they'll get ut unfortunately, they tend to just get caught up in hype). Bromz

I think UT3 has 4 player Co-op, im not 100% sure but it has been mentioned, it would make sense, at the start while you draft your team ... possible the players are your team that would normally be bots....

I dont how true that is , youl have to ask on the 360 forum perhaps.

raidenseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#117 raidenseven
Member since 2005 • 3223 Posts

Halo 3 because it looks to have a great songle player and have MP even better of that of halo 2.

Halo 3 PWNS UT3

raidenseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 raidenseven

to the people discussing about vehicles between halo 3 and UT3, a grenade could kill a hog or ghost in one hit if you land it right or the driver isnt skilled, in Valhalla the warthog is a tour de force if used properly. plus a tank or wraith in halo 3 seem to be like halo 2 where they are near indestructable.

raidenseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 raidenseven

probaly unreal tournamnet 3 because the multiplayer looks better than halo 3's because halo 3's multiplayer is just going to be more of the same regardless i will probaly end up buying bothmastershake575

exactly what makes UT3 MP different than the last game... new weapons... vehicles... better graphics...

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Meu2k7

to the people discussing about vehicles between halo 3 and UT3, a grenade could kill a hog or ghost in one hit if you land it right or the driver isnt skilled, in Valhalla the warthog is a tour de force if used properly. plus a tank or wraith in halo 3 seem to be like halo 2 where they are near indestructable.

raidenseven

You'd think that, but now you can jsut press the enter vehicle button to knock the driver out .... I mean come on.

raidenseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 raidenseven
[QUOTE="raidenseven"]

Meu2k7

You'd think that, but now you can jsut press the enter vehicle button to knock the driver out .... I mean come on.

do you know how hard it is to board a vehicle in halo!

unless your a completely incompentant driver you will not get boarded. do youwant to point and click in a vehicle and not get hurt and just go on killing sprees?im sorry but dont get upset at halo for there being a possibility to kill a vehicle charging at you.

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
I wonder how many people haven't played either and decided to vote for UT3 because they'll vote for anything but Halo.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Meu2k7

I wonder how many people haven't played either and decided to vote for UT3 because they'll vote for anything but Halo. DA_B0MB

Oh so it doesnt work vice versa? I wonder how many Halo fanboys are instantly coming into the thread without playing Ut2004 or bothering to look up UT3 even are just voting for Halo?

Like they do in pretty much any thread, the "FPSOTY 200^ Thread" is proof of that.

footballa27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 footballa27

[QUOTE="DA_B0MB"]I wonder how many people haven't played either and decided to vote for UT3 because they'll vote for anything but Halo. Meu2k7

Oh so it doesnt work vice versa? I wonder how many Halo fanboys are instantly coming into the thread without playing Ut2004 or bothering to look up UT3 even are just voting for Halo?

Like they do in pretty much any thread, the "FPSOTY 200^ Thread" is proof of that.

o yea and ut3 is gonna have 4 player co-op online. i have the oxm magazine. but tht guy up there is wrong, there are some halo players tht say ut3 sux and havent played ut2004 yet. i mean come on i owned halo 2 and the ut2004 demo, and played ut2004 demo way more than my retail copy of halo 2 and its A DEMO. ut3 will have 9 more weapons than halo 3, and 10 more vehicles. so yea theres many reasons why ut3 will be a better choice

footballa27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 footballa27
ut3 is acually winning!lol