Halo 3 Vs. Unreal Tournament 3

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

footballa27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 footballa27
Member since 2006 • 1109 Posts
Which would you choose and why
-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts

Halo 3, because i've actually played the multiplayer aspect.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 _en1gma_
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
Halo 3. my truthful reason why is because my team is getting sponsored and we plan on making $$$.
smack_masta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 smack_masta
Member since 2006 • 2748 Posts
Halo 3, because of the single player.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
Unreal 3.
skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts
is UT3 gonna have the same host advantage like in GEOW? Even if it doesn't, HALO #3 wins.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
Unreal has a great multiplayer. Godly even. Halo has a great single player and great multiplayer. I go with Halo.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

Unreal 3.TrueReligion_

^--

Hater3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hater3000
Member since 2007 • 2310 Posts
Unreal is simply awesome,Halo is great but Unreal kicks ass.
Thompsonwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Thompsonwhore
Member since 2003 • 2059 Posts

Halo cannot compare to Unreal Tournament at all. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Not only is the gameplay nearly completely opposite, but Unreal Tournament is also far more skill based.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

I'll actually get to play both so thats cool.

Multiplayer is really the only thing worth comparing here, and Unreal hasn't really proven that its better then Halo's. Judging from the previous version of both titles.

One thing that bugs me about UT though is that Epic is developing for 3 systems now instead of just one. That could hamper the game.

greenleaf2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 greenleaf2000
Member since 2006 • 1259 Posts
UT3 because its just way better.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts

One thing that bugs me about UT though is that Epic is developing for 3 systems now instead of just one. That could hamper the game.

Bansheesdie

I agree 100%.

footballa27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 footballa27
Member since 2006 • 1109 Posts

Halo 3, because of the single player.smack_masta

UT3 is also gonna have incredible and creative single player

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
U3 is going to have an amazing single player, and is more widely supported by competitive gaming circuits. I'd chose it.
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 _en1gma_

U3 is going to have an amazing single player, and is more widely supported by competitive gaming circuits. I'd chose it.Vandalvideo

are you going to do any competitions?

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]U3 is going to have an amazing single player, and is more widely supported by competitive gaming circuits. I'd chose it._en1gma_

Sure am, I belong to one of the best COD/UT clans. We placed in SOTF, CPL, and are in the highest of CAL for COD2.
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="_en1gma_"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]U3 is going to have an amazing single player, and is more widely supported by competitive gaming circuits. I'd chose it.Vandalvideo

Sure am, I belong to one of the best COD/UT clans. We placed in SOTF, CPL, and are in the highest of CAL for COD2.

sweet

cant wait until next yeat. my team are going mlg all the way. :D

Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

it's like comparing apples and oranges.

Personally, I'm gonna be eating a tasty fruit salad when those two get released.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

HALO 3 will be a lot more meaningful and fun in both SP and MP than UT3 which has the lamest universe ever created not to mention some weaksauce weapons.

Thompsonwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Thompsonwhore

HALO 3 will be a lot more meaningful and fun in both SP and MP than UT3 which has the lamest universe ever created not to mention some weaksauce weapons.

JiveT

Oh please. Halo multiplayer in comparison to Unreal Tournament multiplayer is a childish, easy, moronic game of spam and luck whereas Unreal Tournament is about skill, intelligence and teamwork.

Halo is a little steaming turd next to Unreal Tournament.

Jagazaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jagazaar
Member since 2007 • 1023 Posts
Personally I think the multiplayer in UT3 will be far more in-depth and enjoyable, but as for single-player, Halo 3 will most likely be better. After GeoW though, who knows, the UT3 single-player might be downright awesome.
Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

JiveT

Heretic. Anyone calling an arsenal with the Flak Cannon "weaksauce" is nothing short of a heretic and should burn at the stake.

:P

Still, I do agree with your in that the universe of Halo is quite more "meaningful", in pretty much all definitions of the word you wish to use. I wonder, however, is such a thing so important in heavily action-based shooters?

And before you get the wrong idea: I'm as big a Halo fanboy as someone with the amount of game play I get can be. I even got the books and read them... a couple times. So I'm not bashing Halo in any way.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

Thompsonwhore

Oh please. Halo multiplayer in comparison to Unreal Tournament multiplayer is a childish, easy, moronic game of spam and luck whereas Unreal Tournament is about skill, intelligence and teamwork.

Halo is also about skill, intelligence, and teamwork. Halo 2 doesnt have 100k dollar team tournies for nothing.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bansheesdie

Thompsonwhore

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/bestof2004/day2f_31.html- Completely horrible in comparison. :roll:

-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Sora
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

Thompsonwhore

:lol: Are you kidding?

Thompsonwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Thompsonwhore
[QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

_en1gma_

Halo is also about skill, intelligence, and teamwork. Halo 2 doesnt have 100k dollar team tournies for nothing.

You're right, it does. But nowhere near as much as Unreal Tournament. If you've seen any videos of good players playing UT, you'd agree.

And 100k tournaments are nothing compared to the WCG, ESWC and CPL tournaments for 300,000 to 500,000 dollars.

Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Rob2223
Member since 2006 • 7524 Posts

Halo cannot compare to Unreal Tournament at all. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Not only is the gameplay nearly completely opposite, but Unreal Tournament is also far more skill based.

Thompsonwhore

:| ok then play me in halo 2, i will destroy you.....
dracolich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dracolich666
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
We shall see, i want both! And ill be using a mouse and keyboard for halo 3, and will be playing UT3 on my rig. The UT3 wont have AA on the consoles, and i bet the 360 ver will run a bit faster, as it will be a downgraded DX10 game for the consoles, meaning ALOT less instruction lengths with the PS3 ver, as its DX9. Tho im almost positive the 2048/4096 textures will only make it to the PC, gears had like 40% normal map 2048 textures, and if this game wants to be 60fps on both systems they will need to run lower res, but decent looking normal maps. We shall see tho, everything is speculation, and if epic can make it 60fps run fine on ALL platforms, then i will give them alot of props. This game wouldnt be the same @ 30fps.
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

Thompsonwhore

You're right, it does. But nowhere near as much as Unreal Tournament. If you've seen any videos of good players playing UT, you'd agree.

And 100k tournaments are nothing compared to the WCG, ESWC and CPL tournaments for 300,000 to 500,000 dollars.

i dont even get why you are arguing about this. i only brought it up because of this "childish, easy, moronic game of spam".

unless you are making the money, it seems pretty pointless to bring it up.

Thompsonwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Thompsonwhore
[QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]You're right, it does. But nowhere near as much as Unreal Tournament. If you've seen any videos of good players playing UT, you'd agree.

Bansheesdie

Which are change in comparison to the $20 million contractssome MLG teams are given.

I guess you've never heard of SK Gaming.

And show me a link to these 20 million dollar contracts.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

Rob2223

play me :wink:

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

UT3 on this one

It will own graphcially and multiplayer also.

Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts
I plan on buying a 360 before the end of the year, and between thsoe 2 games I would pick UT3. The UT games are just so fun, but at the same time, it's kind of too fast for me. :(
Thompsonwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Thompsonwhore
[QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

Rob2223

I don't play Halo 2. I don't play any FPS competitive unless I'm able to use a keyboard and mouse, at that.

I'll play you in Halo 2 on PC, if you'd like to get me a CD key and buy me Vista. Otherwise, I'll pass.

[QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"][QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

_en1gma_

i dont even get why you are arguing about this. i only brought it up because of this "childish, easy, moronic game of spam".

Well if you didn't want to argue about money and contracts you shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bansheesdie
I guess you've never heard of SK Gaming.

And show me a link to these 20 million dollar contracts.

Thompsonwhore

I was WAY off. :P Its been a while though. Its $1 million - http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/halo2/news.html?sid=6153008&mode=news

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

Thompsonwhore

I don't play Halo 2. I don't play any FPS competitive unless I'm able to use a keyboard and mouse, at that.

I'll play you in Halo 2 on PC, if you'd like to get me a CD key and buy me Vista. Otherwise, I'll pass.

[QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"][QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

_en1gma_

Well if you didn't want to argue about money and contracts you shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.

i was using that as backup to the fact that halo 2 takes skill and teamwork. what else would i have posted to try to get my point across?

Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rob2223
[QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

Thompsonwhore

so controllers dont count as skill? because i would beat you, very badly with a controller, meaning i have a higher skill than you do.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"][QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

Rob2223

so controllers dont count as skill? because i would beat you, very badly with a controller, meaning i have a higher skill than you do.

im sure he would also lose to any skilled halo player even if he used KB+M

Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rob2223
[QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"][QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

_en1gma_

probably, this guy doesnt have a leg to stand on.........every game requires skill. especially halo 2.
-Beowulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -Beowulf
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
I'm buying both, but Halo will always have a special place in my heart
Thompsonwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Thompsonwhore

i was using that as backup to the fact that halo 2 takes skill and teamwork. what else would i have posted to try to get my point across? _en1gma_

You could argue why it makes use of skill and teamwork...

so controllers dont count as skill? because i would beat you, very badly with a controller, meaning i have a higher skill than you do.Rob2223

The controller is an inferior product and too frusterating to switch over to that clumsy style of playing an FPS after becoming proficient with the mouse. But you go ahead and tell yourself that you have more skill than me.

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"][QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

Rob2223

probably, this guy doesnt have a leg to stand on.........every game requires skill. especially halo 2.

I'd slaughter anybody using a controller while using a mouse. A decent player could beat a Team3D player using a controller with a mouse. It's far more precise. Don't even try to bull**** around that.

And I already said Halo 2 required skill. What I said is games like UT, require more.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"][QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

Rob2223

hey send me a f/r on Live. my tag is above my sig. just to warn you, though, i wont be on until around the end of the month because my friend is borrowing my 360...havent had it for like a month now and it sucks. but yea. let me know what your tag is .. pm me or something

-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 -Sora

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"]i was using that as backup to the fact that halo 2 takes skill and teamwork. what else would i have posted to try to get my point across? Thompsonwhore

so controllers dont count as skill? because i would beat you, very badly with a controller, meaning i have a higher skill than you do.Rob2223

The controller is an inferior product and too frusterating to switch over to that clumsy style of playing an FPS after becoming proficient with the mouse. But you go ahead and tell yourself that you have more skill than me.

i didit everyday during the Halo 3 beta, i played BF2142 and Halo 3 beta regularly

joe_g_patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 joe_g_patton
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts
IMHO, Halo 2 multi-player was garbage when compared to UT 2004. I'm gonna buy UT3 for the PC along with a badazz video card. I will definitely pick up halo3 for my 360 as well, but I have much higher expectations for UT3. CliffyB alone PWNS all of bungie.
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 _en1gma_

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"]i was using that as backup to the fact that halo 2 takes skill and teamwork. what else would i have posted to try to get my point across? Thompsonwhore

watch some pro MLG vids. you're bound to see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWH7wYfbAU4

look at the related vids. i just picked one out of the blue

Thompsonwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Thompsonwhore
[QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"]i was using that as backup to the fact that halo 2 takes skill and teamwork. what else would i have posted to try to get my point across? -Sora

i didit everyday during the Halo 3 beta, i played BF2142 and Halo 3 beta regularly

I wasn't aware Halo 3 was already cross-platform and PC players could play console players.

And you played against other people using controllers, you never played against people using a mouse. There's a big difference.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="-Sora"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

I wasn't aware Halo 3 was already cross-platform and PC players could play console players.

And you played against other people using controllers, you never played against people using a mouse. There's a big difference.

i actually played many people in halo 2 using kb+m that were actually VERY could CS:S players.

not a difference between how they played before and after.

Warlock89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Warlock89
Member since 2005 • 2200 Posts

Unreal MIGHT have the same host advantage. I play unreal for PC all the time, and there is always little lag like in Gears. But multiplayer is the main key to unreal series, and i dont think they wanna make the same mistake twice with it and not clean up the multiplayer.

And one more thing, Unreal has 4 player coop mode through the entire story mode.... Rumor says Halo3 might have coop mode over xbox live, but it wasn't on the acheivement list to play coop mode, or beat coop mode with a friend, or 2 friends etc.. So in my opinion, i am looking forward to Unreals Multiplayer and Single Player way more than Halo3. But I will still be getting Halo3.