Halo 3 Vs. Unreal Tournament 3

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sora"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"]i was using that as backup to the fact that halo 2 takes skill and teamwork. what else would i have posted to try to get my point across? Thompsonwhore

You could argue why it makes use of skill and teamwork...

so controllers dont count as skill? because i would beat you, very badly with a controller, meaning i have a higher skill than you do.Rob2223

The controller is an inferior product and too frusterating to switch over to that clumsy style of playing an FPS after becoming proficient with the mouse. But you go ahead and tell yourself that you have more skill than me.

i didit everyday during the Halo 3 beta, i played BF2142 and Halo 3 beta regularly

I wasn't aware Halo 3 was already cross-platform and PC players could play console players.

And you played against other people using controllers, you never played against people using a mouse. There's a big difference.

i meant switching from controller to Mouse and keyboard

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 _en1gma_
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

Unreal MIGHT have the same host advantage. I play unreal for PC all the time, and there is always little lag like in Gears. But multiplayer is the main key to unreal series, and i dont think they wanna make the same mistake twice with it and not clean up the multiplayer.

And one more thing, Unreal has 4 player coop mode through the entire story mode.... Rumor says Halo3 might have coop mode over xbox live, but it wasn't on the acheivement list to play coop mode, or beat coop mode with a friend, or 2 friends etc.. So in my opinion, i am looking forward to Unreals Multiplayer and Single Player way more than Halo3. But I will still be getting Halo3.

Warlock89

halo 2 has a really bad host advantage as well (BR cross-map). you cant really escape it in games without dedicated servers

Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 Rob2223
Member since 2006 • 7524 Posts

[QUOTE="Rob2223"]so controllers dont count as skill? because i would beat you, very badly with a controller, meaning i have a higher skill than you do.Thompsonwhore

The controller is an inferior product and too frusterating to switch over to that clumsy style of playing an FPS after becoming proficient with the mouse. But you go ahead and tell yourself that you have more skill than me.

so in other words, you suck with a controller, and i would beat you, because im good with a controller. you cant make a point can you? controllers take skill, of which you have none.
Thompsonwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Thompsonwhore
Member since 2003 • 2059 Posts
[QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"][QUOTE="-Sora"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"]i was using that as backup to the fact that halo 2 takes skill and teamwork. what else would i have posted to try to get my point across? _en1gma_

so controllers dont count as skill? because i would beat you, very badly with a controller, meaning i have a higher skill than you do.Rob2223

i didit everyday during the Halo 3 beta, i played BF2142 and Halo 3 beta regularly

I wasn't aware Halo 3 was already cross-platform and PC players could play console players.

And you played against other people using controllers, you never played against people using a mouse. There's a big difference.

i actually played many people in halo 2 using kb+m that were actually VERY could CS:S players.

not a difference between how they played before and after.

Since when did Halo 2 support a keyboard and mouse? And since you insisted on me watching that video, I insist that you down and watch both of these.

http://www.own-age.com/vids/video.aspx?id=7905

http://www.own-age.com/vids/video.aspx?id=6212

[QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

[QUOTE="Rob2223"]so controllers dont count as skill? because i would beat you, very badly with a controller, meaning i have a higher skill than you do.Rob2223

so in other words, you suck with a controller, and i would beat you, because im good with a controller. you cant make a point can you? controllers take skill, of which you have none.

Yeah, you're right. I don't use controllers. I don't use them because they're pathetic at playing FPS.

And who the **** are you to say I don't have any skills? I've played in CAL-I for both FPS and RTS. What have you ever done?

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

[QUOTE="Rob2223"]so controllers dont count as skill? because i would beat you, very badly with a controller, meaning i have a higher skill than you do.Rob2223

id like to see him even attempt to claw double shot

Warlock89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Warlock89
Member since 2005 • 2200 Posts
Sorry to double post everyone but...

About the controller/KB+M arguement.

It has been stated numerous amounts of times that it is all preference. Epic has said themselves, that they were playing with KB+M matches, then one of the workings snuke in a 360 controller and hooked it up to the PC and raped everybody. IF your good with a controller....you will rape. If your good with a KB+M you will rape. ITs who ever is better with there own tool, not one over the other automatically. NEither has a higher edge, just who practices more. Controller vs KB+M advantageswill not matter in a game like UT3, they have slowed the game down a bit and locked the Fps at 30 to keep it fair either way. So stop whining and wait till the game comes out to find your preference....
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"][QUOTE="-Sora"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"]i was using that as backup to the fact that halo 2 takes skill and teamwork. what else would i have posted to try to get my point across? Thompsonwhore

i actually played many people in halo 2 using kb+m that were actually VERY could CS:S players.

Since when did Halo 2 support a keyboard and mouse? And since you insisted on me watching that video, I insist that you down and watch both of these.

1)

2) that wasnt a competition. once again is about disproving your statment about halo and its "lack of required skill"

Warlock89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Warlock89
[QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"][QUOTE="-Sora"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

Halo 2 for PC, you play with KB+M. And you can hook your 360 controller to your PC and set the controlers exactly like you would play a normal halo2 xbox match. You owned yourself, thank you.
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 _en1gma_

That thing is a piece of ****. It has a horrible deadzone. Go read some reviews on how bad that thing is.

And I've said this twice already. Halo 2 does take skill. But Unreal Tournament takes more.

Thompsonwhore

exactly. you said that as a rebuttal. before that you said that halo didnt take skill, which is where i came in. you just turned everything into a childish competition

and about that device...my friends said it worked perfectly. and from the revies i just looked at, they agree.

they said they preferred it to the xbox controller and actually played better with it, however, to no great avail.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 _en1gma_

here are some reviews i dug up, btw

teamxbox:

OVERALL:8.9

Pros

• Performance (No Lag)
  • Programming Mode
  • Advanced Features (Deadzone, Invert Y Axis, Swap Move & Look)
  • Price
  • Improves Aiming

Cons

• Keyboard and Mouse Compatibility Issues
  • Doesn't Work with All FPSs

gamershell:

Overall: 9.0

Conclusion:

The SmartJoy FRAG is a real treat for all those who are used to playing with keyboard and mouse. It helps all this unfortunate PC gamers who are dying to play some Halo or SOCOM but don't feel comfortable with the gamepad. Hong Kong based Lik-Sang is the world wide distributor of the SmartJoy FRAG so while you can ask for it in your local store you might as well order it directly with them.

ign:

8.5 Performance
Depends on the game, but it can be really damn good. 9.0 Features
Great configuration options; you can pretty much set it up however you want. 7.5 Ease of Use
Remembering the key configurations can be a pain, but everything else is super-easy. 9.0 Value
At under $30 this thing's a steal, assuming you have the right sofware. 8.5 OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
Halo 3. I am a Halo nut :P
Warlock89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Warlock89
Why the hell are you cussing at me? Just because you are being proven wrong and are crying, doesn't mean you need to try an insult me. I agree Unreal takes far more skill than Halo. I honestly am not a big fan of Halo. But you said "When did Halo2 support KB+M?" And i told you. Great reason to get in trouble buddy. Cheif. Pal.
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 _en1gma_

Why the hell are you cussing at me? Just because you are being proven wrong and are crying, doesn't mean you need to try an insult me. I agree Unreal takes far more skill than Halo. I honestly am not a big fan of Halo. But you said "When did Halo2 support KB+M?" And i told you. Great reason to get in trouble buddy. Cheif. Pal.Warlock89

so he cant respond now? darn

Warlock89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Warlock89

[QUOTE="Warlock89"]Why the hell are you cussing at me? Just because you are being proven wrong and are crying, doesn't mean you need to try an insult me. I agree Unreal takes far more skill than Halo. I honestly am not a big fan of Halo. But you said "When did Halo2 support KB+M?" And i told you. Great reason to get in trouble buddy. Cheif. Pal._en1gma_

so he cant respond now? darn

Dude, leave him alone. You hurt his feelings bad enough already.
Thompsonwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Thompsonwhore

teamxbox:

Pros

• Performance (No Lag)
  • Programming Mode
  • Price
  • Improves Aiming

Cons

gamershell:

Conclusion:

The SmartJoy FRAG is a real treat for all those who are used to playing with keyboard and mouse. It helps all this unfortunate PC gamers who are dying to play some Halo or SOCOM but don't feel comfortable with the gamepad. Hong Kong based Lik-Sang is the world wide distributor of the SmartJoy FRAG so while you can ask for it in your local store you might as well order it directly with them.

ign:

8.5 Performance
Great configuration options; you can pretty much set it up however you want. 7.5 Ease of Use
Remembering the key configurations can be a pain, but everything else is super-easy. 9.0 Value
At under $30 this thing's a steal, assuming you have the right sofware. 8.5 OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average) _en1gma_

Well I'm not talking about the one for the original Xbox, I'm talking about the XFPS. I can't get online with my original Xbox since I modded it. And the review of the XFPS are as follows.

"Of course, we're sure PC diehards could live with these issues as long as they get their accurate mouse aiming. It's a shame, then, that aiming with the mouse is nigh impossible. Put simply, the mouse aiming sucks, no matter what sensitivity you choose in the game. It's jerky, and minute corrections -- the kind you need to make headshots -- don't work at all. Games that have multiple degrees of sensitivity -- like Vegas and Halo -- work somewhat better, but games with only low, medium, and high settings don't work nearly as well. By the time we popped in Vegas -- a game where every shot counts --it became readily apparent that the XFPS was not the solution that FPS players were looking for. There's always the chance that it might work better with a different mouse, but we doubt it. The simple truth is that 360 games were designed for analog sticks, and trying to emulate those with a mouse doesn't work -- at least not with the XFPS."

Why the hell are you cussing at me? Just because you are being proven wrong and are crying, doesn't mean you need to try an insult me. I agree Unreal takes far more skill than Halo. I honestly am not a big fan of Halo. But you said "When did Halo2 support KB+M?" And i told you. Great reason to get in trouble buddy. Cheif. Pal.Warlock89

I cuss because it like to. Do you take offense to "bad words"?

And, crying? I think I'm keeping my cool pretty well for the **** I'm hearing from people who have never even been in leagues. It's frusterating and pathetic to think that I'm trying to prove a point to people who won't hear the argument any other way but their own.

And you didn't prove me wrong about anything thus far, so I would keep my attitude in check if I were you.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="_en1gma_"]

teamxbox:

Pros

• Performance (No Lag)
  • Programming Mode
  • Price
  • Improves Aiming

Cons

gamershell:

Conclusion:

ign:

8.5 Performance
(out of 10 / not an average) Thompsonwhore

Well I'm not talking about the one for the original Xbox, I'm talking about the XFPS. I can't get online with my original Xbox since I modded it. And the review of the XFPS are as follows.

"Of course, we're sure PC diehards could live with these issues as long as they get their accurate mouse aiming. It's a shame, then, that aiming with the mouse is nigh impossible. Put simply, the mouse aiming sucks, no matter what sensitivity you choose in the game. It's jerky, and minute corrections -- the kind you need to make headshots -- don't work at all. Games that have multiple degrees of sensitivity -- like Vegas and Halo -- work somewhat better, but games with only low, medium, and high settings don't work nearly as well. By the time we popped in Vegas -- a game where every shot counts --it became readily apparent that the XFPS was not the solution that FPS players were looking for. There's always the chance that it might work better with a different mouse, but we doubt it. The simple truth is that 360 games were designed for analog sticks, and trying to emulate those with a mouse doesn't work -- at least not with the XFPS."

And, crying? I think I'm keeping my cool pretty well for the **** I'm hearing from people who have never even been in leagues. It's frusterating and pathetic to think that I'm trying to prove a point to people who won't hear the argument any other way but their own.

And you didn't prove me wrong about anything thus far, so I would keep my attitude in check if I were you.

1) i dont care about you. the point is that the kb+m didnt increase my friends skill in halo (who are very good cs players)

2) bad words show unintelligence and whininess

3) i went to mlg dallas and plan to take the halo 3 tournies by storm with my newly formed sponsored team

4) yes we did. you jusy keep going in circles

Thompsonwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Thompsonwhore
[QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"][QUOTE="_en1gma_"]

teamxbox:

Pros

• Performance (No Lag)
  • Programming Mode
  • Price
  • Improves Aiming

Cons

gamershell:

Conclusion:

ign:

8.5 Performance
(out of 10 / not an average) _en1gma_

1) i dont care about you. the point is that the kb+m didnt increase my friends skill in halo (who are very good cs players)

3) i went to mlg dallas and plan to take the halo 3 tournies by storm with my newly formed sponsored team

1. Well then there's two possibilities. a. Your friends were never as good as you claim they were or b. The thing sucked.

2. Says the guy who can't even use correct ****ing grammar. And who used the word whininess.

3. Yeah, I'm sure you're going to just own Team3D. I mean, they're only professionals. And you're you. You > them, obviously.

4. What have you disproved me on. Please, I eagerly want to see what it is you think you've actually accomplished so far.

And have you even downloaded either of those videos I linked yet?

Warlock89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Warlock89

[QUOTE="Warlock89"]Why the hell are you cussing at me? Just because you are being proven wrong and are crying, doesn't mean you need to try an insult me. I agree Unreal takes far more skill than Halo. I honestly am not a big fan of Halo. But you said "When did Halo2 support KB+M?" And i told you. Great reason to get in trouble buddy. Cheif. Pal.Thompsonwhore

Oh yeah, your right. You proved yourself wrong. My bad. And it's great to see you just assume you know all about other peoples game histories. You have no idea who has, or hasn't been in a game league, tournament, etc. So I would keep your attitude in check if I were you. Oh, and keeping your cool? Do I take offense to bad words? Yes I do. You say your keeping your cool and your cussing at people and whining like a little immature 3rd grader. And cussing at someone like that is against gamespot rules, you should read it carefully before you start posting again. You know where to find it right?....the big messageat the top of the page? You only look at it from your perspective, because that's all you know. Why would someone switch there whole belief in what they know just because another person has their own beliefs? Now if you would please excuse me, I have work in the morning, good night, don't let the bed bugs bite .
Amigwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Amigwo
Member since 2005 • 201 Posts

lol UT3 > halo

Epics been doing FPS for a long time.. way before halo even started. epic knows what fps fans want in their fps game and all the UT series kicked butt. halo = over rated by kids/amateurs and newbies that are new to the fps scene.

Amigwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Amigwo
Member since 2005 • 201 Posts

whats with these page screws up not showing posts oO

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"][QUOTE="_en1gma_"]

teamxbox:

Pros

• Performance (No Lag)
  • Programming Mode
  • Price
  • Improves Aiming

Cons

gamershell:

Conclusion:

ign:

8.5 Performance
(out of 10 / not an average) Thompsonwhore

1. Well then there's two possibilities. a. Your friends were never as good as you claim they were or b. The thing sucked.

2. Says the guy who can't even use correct ****ing grammar. And who used the word whininess.

3. Yeah, I'm sure you're going to just own Team3D. I mean, they're only professionals. And you're you. You > them, obviously.

4. What have you disproved me on. Please, I eagerly want to see what it is you think you've actually accomplished so far.

And have you even downloaded either of those videos I linked yet?

1) they said it worked perfectly

2) sorry if i dont capitalize some words on the internet. and thanks for topic dodging

3) it isnt 3D anymore. it would be known as Final Boss. they are the best halo 2 team. i know that. i used to do ffa customs with them every now and then. i kinda dont play h2 anymore. im waiting for h3. my team just got sponsored. we are all h3 beta veterans clocking in it over 1000 games each on the beta. we are ahead of everyone for h3, on top of it all, ready to take mlg by storm come the right seasons. funny you would speak about this to me for the fact that you know nothing about halo and the professinal world of it.

4) open your eyes

yes. i know it takes skill. as i said, you posted those as a rebuttal to thin air - thinking of it as some sort of childish competition

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
Unreal Tournament 3 because it'll be the better game.
Thompsonwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Thompsonwhore
[QUOTE="Thompsonwhore"]

[QUOTE="Warlock89"]Why the hell are you cussing at me? Just because you are being proven wrong and are crying, doesn't mean you need to try an insult me. I agree Unreal takes far more skill than Halo. I honestly am not a big fan of Halo. But you said "When did Halo2 support KB+M?" And i told you. Great reason to get in trouble buddy. Cheif. Pal.Warlock89

Oh yeah, your right. You proved yourself wrong. My bad. And it's great to see you just assume you know all about other peoples game histories. You have no idea who has, or hasn't been in a game league, tournament, etc. So I would keep your attitude in check if I were you. Oh, and keeping your cool? Do I take offense to bad words? Yes I do. You say your keeping your cool and your cussing at people and whining like a little immature 3rd grader. And cussing at someone like that is against gamespot rules, you should read it carefully before you start posting again. You know where to find it right?....the big messageat the top of the page? You only look at it from your perspective, because that's all you know. Why would someone switch there whole belief in what they know just because another person has their own beliefs? Now if you would please excuse me, I have work in the morning, good night, don't let the bed bugs bite .

What, pray tell, have I proved myself wrong at.

And I presume your background because no one who has played games like Counter-Strike, UT or Quake would be so quick defend Halo 2 or say that the controller is just as good as a mouse.

Swearing doesn't make one less mature. It's those who are so conservative like yourself that need to grow up. To think that a few select words, out of the tens of thousands there are in the dictionary, could actually offend you, is amazing.

I look at from every perspective. I used to be an XBox and Halo fanboy. So don't tell me that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

And why should someone change their beliefs? Because refusing to believe anything but what you want to is called ignorance.

To think, this all started by me defending Unreal Tournament, and then you yourself admitted to UT taking more skill. And I've been the one to be proven wrong?

And if I recall, you're the one who tried to provoke me in the first place by being a smart*** saying that I owned myself.

1) they said it worked perfectly

2) sorry if i dont capitalize some words on the internet. and thanks for topic dodging

3) it isnt 3D anymore. it would be known as Final Boss. they are the best halo 2 team. i know that. i used to do ffa customs with them every now and then. i kinda dont play h2 anymore. im waiting for h3. my team just got sponsored. we are all h3 beta veterans clocking in it over 1000 games each on the beta. we are ahead of everyone for h3, on top of it all, ready to take mlg by storm come the right seasons. funny you would speak about this to me for the fact that you know nothing about halo and the professinal world of it.

4) open your eyes

yes. i know it takes skill. as i said, you posted those as a rebuttal to thin air - thinking of it as some sort of childish competition

_en1gma_

1. Well then they obviously are just bad players.

2. You were the one claiming I was unintelligent. But nice attempt to try and spin it around on me.

3. I know about professional gaming and all about Halo.

4. Open my eyes to what. To believe what you believe? That the Halo series is the most skillful, competitive game out there?

Great, I'm glad you acknowledge that it takes skill. Halo is childish compared to games like Counter-Strike, Unreal Tournament and Quake.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 _en1gma_

"Swearing doesn't make one less mature. It's those who are so conservative like yourself that need to grow up. To think that a few select words, out of the tens of thousands there are in the dictionary, could actually offend you, is amazing."

You're going to have a rude awakening in the real world.

I'm out.

Thompsonwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Thompsonwhore
I ar winnar!
CtrlShift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 CtrlShift
Member since 2006 • 134 Posts

I ar winnar!Thompsonwhore

Dude, with that atitude your life is gonna turn out sh**. Insulting people, using strong words when discussing something as trivial as games. You started this debate, so it's in your park to prove these guys wrong. You need facts not just your opinion. The earth is flat I tell ya and if you say otherwise you are wrong. How did that work for you? I thought they started teaching argumenting in junior-high, where have you been? Oh, yeah!! You've been playing video-games, more kudos to you, punk!

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#78 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts
That's not even a fair question if you are comparing multiplayer. UT3 of course.
kruesader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#79 kruesader
Member since 2006 • 6443 Posts
Halo3, both great games though
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts
I've seen some discussions on how much skill a game takes. This is big BS to begin with. In UT3 and Halo 3 to start with fights are not decided on luck. They are decided on the actions of players. That said, the amount of skill aquired to win the game only has to top the opposition of course (duh). Following from that, you need as much skill for the game as there is opposition. Knowing that for both games there's pretty dedicated professionals playing, they'll probably require about as much skill (not that you're going to be the best of the world or anything). Therefore the "this MP game takes more skill" point is wrong.
Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Raidea
Member since 2006 • 4366 Posts

I've been playing the UT series from the start, and though I had so much fun with the first one I thought it went downhill a little with the later games. But hopefully UT3 will be better.

Halo 3 has always had fun though. It's hard to give a reason why the game is so much fun...but it really is. Playing it 4 player totally makes the game, and UT won't have that which is a shame.

Both great games, but I'd take Halo 3 for the fun factor.

mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#82 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts

Unreal has a great multiplayer. Godly even. Halo has a great single player and great multiplayer. I go with Halo. jg4xchamp

Very true...

Halo 3 edges it for me. Unrealhas beenone of my fav online games ever but its never quite managed a decent SP mode even on the Unreal campaign games.

Halo 3 offers great multi and hopefully a great SP.

Taz-Bone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Taz-Bone
Member since 2004 • 1388 Posts
Halo 3
Kevanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Kevanio
Member since 2006 • 580 Posts
how can halo even match the redeemer? lol nothing beats that weapon, but i prefer halo over UT ( with the exception of UT2000 or whatever its called, which was the first game i got for my old comp)
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

UT3. Just like UT2004 it'll have deep, high variety, high-skill multiplayer with extremely high replay value.

Halo 3 will probably be decent, but I doubt it'll even compare to UT3 in terms of multiplayer, which is the only aspect I even care about when it comes to shooters (there are a couple exceptions to this. Mainly FPS/RPG hybrids.) Cite Gamespot's award of multiplayer GOTY to Halo 2 over UT2004 all you want, anyone who's played both for an extended period of time knows UT2004 has more variety, far more depth (thereby extending the life of the game vastly) and is far more skill-oriented.

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

how can halo even match the redeemer? lol nothing beats that weapon, but i prefer halo over UT ( with the exception of UT2000 or whatever its called, which was the first game i got for my old comp)Kevanio

The Redeemer is lame -_- (it has no place in the game except maybe with vehicle gametypes)..weapons like the Shock Rifle, Flak Cannon and Bio Rifle are what define Unreal.

gameruk2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 gameruk2010
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts

Silly question!!

UT3!!

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Unreal Tournament 3 because the UT series is king when it comes to fast paced multiplayer action. At least it is in my book.
FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#89 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
Halo 3.
UT3 will be extremely fun though. I just don't think the SP will be anything special.
Some of you guys gotta stop being fakeboys and just admit you guys don't give a damn about Unreal Tournament.
Honestly, a few years ago no one even cared about the UT franchise except the PC FPS fanboys (and those who enjoyed that type of *ahem* unreal gameplay).
Now we got UT 3 rivalling Halo in terms of popularity in System Wars.
I think some of you are in it for the hate on Halo.
Ah well, we'll see come the release if most of you actually really adored UT3.
gillri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 gillri
Member since 2004 • 5926 Posts

Halo cannot compare to Unreal Tournament at all. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Not only is the gameplay nearly completely opposite, but Unreal Tournament is also far more skill based.

Thompsonwhore

oh really? well alot of people would say the opposite due to its slower gameplay

plus Halo is way more balanced, better designed vehicles that are implemented more cohesively than Epic effort

plus Halo has SP

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

HALO 3 will be a lot more meaningful and fun in both SP and MP than UT3 which has the lamest universe ever created not to mention some weaksauce weapons.

JiveT

I thought that was Halo?

And UT3 because Halo is overrated IMO

rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#92 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts
Unreal 3.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Halo 3, must...play...as...Abiter:x:x:x
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

HALO 3 will be a lot more meaningful and fun in both SP and MP than UT3 which has the lamest universe ever created not to mention some weaksauce weapons.

JiveT

I hate to use this phrase, byt GTFO! :P thats so much blashpemy, I'm going to Flak Cannon your ass! :D

blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#95 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts
UT3 will be more fresh than Halo 3
Greyhound222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Greyhound222
Member since 2005 • 2899 Posts
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

Meu2k7

I hate to use this phrase, byt GTFO! :P thats so much blashpemy, I'm going to Flak Cannon your ass! :D

Oh my God you're so right.Flak Cannon is the best FPS weapon EVER.I'm not a huge fan of the Bio-Rifle though.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Meu2k7

Unreal MIGHT have the same host advantage. I play unreal for PC all the time, and there is always little lag like in Gears. But multiplayer is the main key to unreal series, and i dont think they wanna make the same mistake twice with it and not clean up the multiplayer.

And one more thing, Unreal has 4 player coop mode through the entire story mode.... Rumor says Halo3 might have coop mode over xbox live, but it wasn't on the acheivement list to play coop mode, or beat coop mode with a friend, or 2 friends etc.. So in my opinion, i am looking forward to Unreals Multiplayer and Single Player way more than Halo3. But I will still be getting Halo3.

Warlock89

Gears has NOTHING to do with Unreal Tournement 3 , UT3 uses the same GREAT netcode that UT2004 used and further improved on it according to the developer interviews, in the same interview it was said that Gears Multiplayer was rushed out the door due to release pressure and it wasnt up to thier standards.

All Non-dedicated servers WILL have host advantage, thats why its so funny Xbox players have to pay for such a shoddy service.

NutJobJim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 NutJobJim
Member since 2006 • 336 Posts

UT3 all the way!!! I just don't get why people love Halo so much UT has it beat in every single area in MP. Better weapons, better vehicles, more players, faster pace, better graphics etc. It's true Halo has SP but halo 2 SP was boring and the story got ridiculous. Even if Halo3 SP is great I'd still take UT3 since the MP is so much better and that's where I'll be spending the majority of my time. The best thing about it all is that you don't even need an expensive PC to play it. If you don't want to game on a PC then a PS3 will also allow you to play the game with KB/M and mods just like the PC version. Maybe some people just prefer their FPS to run rrreeeaaaalllllyyyyy sssssllllloooooowwwwww, and need auto aim for it to be any fun.

ross131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#99 ross131313
Member since 2004 • 3357 Posts
Gaaa, I love UT gameplay to death, but I just can not decide which system to by this for, 360 or PC.....
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Meu2k7

Gaaa, I love UT gameplay to death, but I just can not decide which system to by this for, 360 or PC.....ross131313

PC mate ... PC :D , it will sell better most likely on the PC (Like Command and Conquer 3) for awhile at least due to Halo 3 being thier obssesion :roll: , 360 isnt getting modes or Directx10 , and well ... Dedicated servers and clans? Need I say more!