GTAIV + PS3 Bundle Will Dominate Market...!

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

V_Purity_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 V_Purity_V
Member since 2008 • 188 Posts
Am i the only one who sees the significance of the PS3 GTAIV Bundle? it will Dominate the market and give Sony a big boost in SKU Sales. It will also sell more disks with Sony seeing its the much better bargain. as we all know here...correct?
Kirlok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kirlok
Member since 2008 • 2061 Posts

most people will just get the game you know

and being a bugger 360 base, i think we shouold wait and see

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#3 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Assuming, of course, that such a bundle exists.

And wouldn't a cheaper 360 bundle sell even better?

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
if it's true. sony should definetly make this happen considering alot of casuals think only PS3 gets GTA
shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
has it even been confirmed yet?
Squall18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Squall18
Member since 2004 • 3756 Posts

I heard it's $500 in America. Theres only one game I would do that for, FF13.

Anyways, it would beneit, but I still think the 360 version will sell like crazy regardless jsut because we are in the U.S.

V_Purity_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 V_Purity_V

BuryMe

- Bundle already announced by sony

- Seeing as sony offers a Next gen Disk drive, Wireless capabilities, Dualshock 3, and free online we will hope nobody would waste their money but then again millions already have.

Heydanbud92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Heydanbud92
Member since 2007 • 4464 Posts
maybe, we'll see.
travt-down

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 travt-down
Member since 2008 • 1549 Posts

Not confirmed yet. This hit the net yesterday morning and NO site has mentioned it officially.

The mention yesterday came from a Scandinavian website and only said European markets.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BuryMe
[QUOTE="BuryMe"]

V_Purity_V

- Seeing as sony offers a Next gen Disk drive, Wireless capabilities, Dualshock 3, and free online we will hope nobody would waste their money but then again millions already have.

Seeing how most people don't have HD TVs yet, a blu-ray drive isn't important to many people. What's so special about the dual shock 3? Every system now has rumble. The only thing is has an edge on is free online, and that won't be enough to make it sell.

w00t!!!! 14 000 posts!

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BuryMe
[QUOTE="BuryMe"]

V_Purity_V

Seeing how most people don't have HD TVs yet, a blu-ray drive isn't important to many people. What's so special about the dual shock 3? Every system now has rumble. The only thing is has an edge on is free online, and that won't be enough to make it sell. None of those things really make any one want to spend the extra money on a ps3 when the 360 lets them play the same game just fine.

w00t!!!! 14 000 posts!

Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts
[QUOTE="BuryMe"]

V_Purity_V

Link?

perfect_chao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 perfect_chao
Member since 2005 • 2066 Posts
Nobody knowing about the DLC for 360 = ppl buying the Ps3 version cos its a bluray player :P
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BuryMe
Nobody knowing about the DLC for 360 = ppl buying the Ps3 version cos its a bluray player :Pperfect_chao
you'd be surprised how many people don't know or care about the blu-ray player in the ps3.
V_Purity_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 V_Purity_V
[QUOTE="V_Purity_V"][QUOTE="BuryMe"]

Nagidar

Link?

i apologize its not announced by sony yet. but there is a link for you!

http://kotaku.com/376881/playstation-3-getting-grand-theft-auto-iv-bundle

NitaraPwnzU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NitaraPwnzU
Member since 2007 • 1470 Posts

Yeah that bundle sure will dominate at a non peak time to buy consoles . It is not like it is Xmas time. I am sure that bundle sell sell sell...

Uh huh... see what I did there..

sambalimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sambalimbo
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts

most people will just get the game you know

and being a bugger 360 base, i think we shouold wait and see

Kirlok

wrong because of 1 simple factor: there way more people without a 360 or a ps3 waiting to get one for gta and with the bundle the choice is easier

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
Maybe, but 360 version will sell more.
Masters_Chief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Masters_Chief
Member since 2008 • 464 Posts
Yep its going to be a really big boost
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#20 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

The bundle is supposedly only set for European and Australian release, if it's true. If it is, no doubt there'll be a spike in sales, since most bundles typically do increase sales.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
If the bundle exists, it would be a boon for sales.
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
[QUOTE="V_Purity_V"][QUOTE="BuryMe"]

BuryMe

Seeing how most people don't have HD TVs yet, a blu-ray drive isn't important to many people. What's so special about the dual shock 3? Every system now has rumble. The only thing is has an edge on is free online, and that won't be enough to make it sell. None of those things really make any one want to spend the extra money on a ps3 when the 360 lets them play the same game just fine.

w00t!!!! 14 000 posts!

40% actually has HD-TV, this tech savvy 40% is probably the most likely group to buy a HD-Ready console over say..the Wii.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Just like the DMC4 PS3 bundle, the DMC4 360 bundle followed.

So if there's a GTA IV PS3 bundle, expect a GTA IV 360 bundle to follow but with more advertising.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9123 Posts

it will sell, but not gonna rocket the ps3 to the top. i just dont see casuals running to buy a $500 console to play GTA

casuals care about prices, not exclusives and what-not

btw: 360 pro with GTA4 (separate) will cost $400. why would casuals pay an extra $100 to play that game?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

So if there's a GTA IV PS3 bundle, expect a GTA IV 360 bundle to follow but with more advertising.

ReverseCycology

It's only 19 days until the game is released and there aren't even rumours of a 360/GTA4 bundle. MS really dropped the ball on this one.

clintos59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 clintos59
Member since 2008 • 1320 Posts
I think it will sell great on every platform it is on.
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts
[QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

Floppy_Jim

It's only 19 days until the game is released and there aren't even rumours of a 360/GTA4 bundle. MS really dropped the ball on this one.

Meh. MS have nothing to worry about, just like Madden.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ogvampire
[QUOTE="BuryMe"][QUOTE="V_Purity_V"][QUOTE="BuryMe"]

thrones

w00t!!!! 14 000 posts!

40% actually has HD-TV, this tech savvy 40% is probably the most likely group to buy a HD-Ready console over say..the Wii.

just because they own an HD tv doesnt mean they are savvy. Cnet had a few interesting articles about a nice percentage of HD tv owners that arent even watching HDTV programming cause they didnt know they had to replace their cable box, they also think that they are watching their old dvds played on their old dvd players in HD.

my personal experience: had an hdtv installed at the break room at work, channel is stuck on CNN with no HD programming, people (older crowd) came in and were all wow'ed by the tv saying how amazing HD programming is. they had no clue its just SD on a HD tv.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

ReverseCycology

Sony won the real football games sales though with PES and FIFA.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

ReverseCycology

Perhaps they should be worried. They haven't even tried to advertise the DLC and, like I said, the game's out in 2 weeks. Casuals still see GTA as a PlayStation game and this bundle means the PS3 version will absolutely dominate the 360 verison in Europe. Of course, the opposite will happen in America, so I'm predicting a close race.

rockstar183

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rockstar183
Member since 2006 • 1637 Posts
it will sell more copies on 360, but it will probly sell much more ps3's.
mgsbethatgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mgsbethatgame
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts

The bundle is supposedly only set for European and Australian release, if it's true. If it is, no doubt there'll be a spike in sales, since most bundles typically do increase sales.

Lionheart08

if that bundle is true 360 littile lead in europe is gone cause this plus the gt5p bundle is going to kill

Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Shensolidus
Member since 2003 • 931 Posts

I learned about the GTA4/PS3 bundle a few weeks ago off of N4G sites and was wondering why the story didn't receive better press. In any event, industry insiders on NeoGaf have already confirmed it.

Mind you, this is only a European bundle. A yes, this will make a significant impact over there. There are still many who are on the fence, or were waiting for a reason to buy a PS3. GTA4 is as good as any, and bundling the system with the game is a great way to get people to go out and buy your system.

Bundles work and they are a great way to get people to purchase systems. It can't be denied. How many people bought a Wii cause it came with Wii Sports? How many people bought a NES or SNES cause it came with a mario game? The concept is a great way to tell the consumer, heres how much you gotta pay and everything you need to buy to play. No extra purchase required. It's a beautiful thing and i'm glad Sony has openly embraced the concept of bundles so as to welcome more purchasers to their console. MS should be doing something similar.

Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shensolidus
Member since 2003 • 931 Posts

I learned about the GTA4/PS3 bundle a few weeks ago off of N4G sites and was wondering why the story didn't receive better press. In any event, industry insiders on NeoGaf have already confirmed it.

Mind you, this is only a European bundle. A yes, this will make a significant impact over there. There are still many who are on the fence, or were waiting for a reason to buy a PS3. GTA4 is as good as any, and bundling the system with the game is a great way to get people to go out and buy your system.

Bundles work and they are a great way to get people to purchase systems. It can't be denied. How many people bought a Wii cause it came with Wii Sports? How many people bought a NES or SNES cause it came with a mario game? The concept is a great way to tell the consumer, heres how much you gotta pay and everything you need to buy to play. No extra purchase required. It's a beautiful thing and i'm glad Sony has openly embraced the concept of bundles so as to welcome more purchasers to their console. MS should be doing something similar.

BTW, to those saying they haven't tried to advertise the DLC, it isn't up to MS to advertise, its on the ones purchasing the advertisement. Honestly, retailers aren't going to support it when they won't be getting any slice of that pie. All of it goes to MS/R*. Retailers get cut out, so they're not going to push it. To them, there is only one GTA4 and they're going to push it equally.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

Am i the only one who sees the significance of the PS3 GTAIV Bundle? it will Dominate the market and give Sony a big boost in SKU Sales. It will also sell more disks with Sony seeing its the much better bargain. as we all know here...correct?V_Purity_V

possibly...we'll have to wait and see i guess.

eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 eklineage
Member since 2008 • 2413 Posts
casual gamers dont even care for online. Alot of people i know... don't even have a clue what blu ray is. Take those into account.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
If the bundle exists, it would be a boon for sales.Jynxzor
Yeah, I'd get it if the bundle was $399 and get GTAIV for free. If it's true Sony had better hurry though, if it's not available by May I'll just go ahead and get GTAIV for the 360.
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts
[QUOTE="Jynxzor"]If the bundle exists, it would be a boon for sales.Bigboi500
Yeah, I'd get it if the bundle was $399 and get GTAIV for free. If it's true Sony had better hurry though, if it's not available by May I'll just go ahead and get GTAIV for the 360.

The evidence is for Europe and Australia only so far, and if it did come to the U.S. it would NOT be $399. They don't give you a free game
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 f50p90
[QUOTE="Jynxzor"]If the bundle exists, it would be a boon for sales.Bigboi500

The plans are for Europe and Australia only so far, and if it did come to the U.S. it would NOT be $399. They don't give you a free game
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bigboi500
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="Jynxzor"]If the bundle exists, it would be a boon for sales.f50p90

The evidence is for Europe and Australia only so far, and if it did come to the U.S. it would NOT be $399. They don't give you a free game

Then Sony can "just wait" for my money until some good exclusives come around then. ;)
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bigboi500
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="Jynxzor"]If the bundle exists, it would be a boon for sales.f50p90

Then Sony can "just wait" for my money until some good exclusives come around then. ;) What the hell is the point of a bundle if they are going to charge full price for the system and the game?
haols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 haols
Member since 2005 • 2348 Posts
Well, it will sell acouple of hundred thousand units. But nothing earth-shattering. . . .
haols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 haols
Member since 2005 • 2348 Posts
Well, it will sell acouple of hundred thousand units. But nothing earth-shattering. . . .
mgsbethatgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mgsbethatgame
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts
[QUOTE="V_Purity_V"][QUOTE="Nagidar"][QUOTE="V_Purity_V"][QUOTE="BuryMe"]

travt-down

Link?

i apologize its not announced by sony yet. but there is a link for you!

http://kotaku.com/376881/playstation-3-getting-grand-theft-auto-iv-bundle

The headline of that article ends with a question mark. Hardly a confirmation. And it is also just referring to that Scandinavian website sighting i mentioned above.

yeah but then theirs the list this is a real list http://kotaku.com/378163/european-retailers-showing-gtaiv-ps3-bundle

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 f50p90
[QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="Jynxzor"]If the bundle exists, it would be a boon for sales.Bigboi500

Then Sony can "just wait" for my money until some good exclusives come around then. ;) What the hell is the point of a bundle if they are going to charge full price for the system and the game?

Are you serious? No one said a bundle was supposed to save you money. You think the difference between the 40 gig and the 80 gig is $100? It's not. The 80 gb would be a lot cheaper if it werent packaged with a game
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 f50p90

[QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="Jynxzor"]If the bundle exists, it would be a boon for sales.Bigboi500

Are you serious? No one said a bundle was supposed to save you money. You think the difference between the 40 gig and the 80 gig is $100? It's not. The 80 gb would be a lot cheaper if it werent packaged with a game
That's why I don't expect for the bundle to come to the U.S. it would mess up the 40 gigs price point. Over seas prices are really strange anyway, so they do that sort of thing.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ogvampire

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="Jynxzor"]If the bundle exists, it would be a boon for sales.f50p90

then where can i find an 80gig ps3 for less than $499?

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 f50p90

[QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="Jynxzor"]If the bundle exists, it would be a boon for sales.ogvampire

then where can i find an 80gig ps3 for less than $499?

I just said it's priced at $499 because of the game. if it werent it'd be cheaper. but it is, deal with it
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 f50p90
[QUOTE="f50p90"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="Jynxzor"]If the bundle exists, it would be a boon for sales.Bigboi500

That's why I don't expect for the bundle to come to the U.S. it would mess up the 40 gigs price point. Over seas prices are really strange anyway, so they do that sort of thing.

I assumed the GTAIV bundle was 40GB, that's why I said $399.

The GTAIV bundle IS the 40gig. But if they made the bundle for U.S. it would be more than $399. Bundles don't give you games for free. Never have