GTAIV + PS3 Bundle Will Dominate Market...!

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#51 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts
[QUOTE="f50p90"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="Jynxzor"]If the bundle exists, it would be a boon for sales.Bigboi500

Yeah, I'd get it if the bundle was $399 and get GTAIV for free. If it's true Sony had better hurry though, if it's not available by May I'll just go ahead and get GTAIV for the 360.

The evidence is for Europe and Australia only so far, and if it did come to the U.S. it would NOT be $399. They don't give you a free game

Then Sony can "just wait" for my money until some good exclusives come around then. ;) What the hell is the point of a bundle if they are going to charge full price for the system and the game?

Are you serious? No one said a bundle was supposed to save you money. You think the difference between the 40 gig and the 80 gig is $100? It's not. The 80 gb would be a lot cheaper if it werent packaged with a game
That's why I don't expect for the bundle to come to the U.S. it would mess up the 40 gigs price point. Over seas prices are really strange anyway, so they do that sort of thing.

I assumed the GTAIV bundle was 40GB, that's why I said $399.

The GTAIV bundle IS the 40gig. But if they made the bundle for U.S. it would be more than $399. Bundles don't give you games for free. Never have. Maybe a discount, but not free
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9123 Posts
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="Jynxzor"]If the bundle exists, it would be a boon for sales.f50p90

Yeah, I'd get it if the bundle was $399 and get GTAIV for free. If it's true Sony had better hurry though, if it's not available by May I'll just go ahead and get GTAIV for the 360.

The evidence is for Europe and Australia only so far, and if it did come to the U.S. it would NOT be $399. They don't give you a free game

Then Sony can "just wait" for my money until some good exclusives come around then. ;) What the hell is the point of a bundle if they are going to charge full price for the system and the game?

Are you serious? No one said a bundle was supposed to save you money. You think the difference between the 40 gig and the 80 gig is $100? It's not. The 80 gb would be a lot cheaper if it werent packaged with a game

then where can i find an 80gig ps3 for less than $499?

I just said it's priced at $499 because of the game. if it werent it'd be cheaper. but it is, deal with it

thats what a bundle is. its supposed to save you money compared to buying everything separate.

the fact that there is no bundle-less 80gig makes me wonder

Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Shensolidus
Member since 2003 • 931 Posts
F50p90, your wrong in the notion that bundles do not give you free games. Absolutely they do. With your avatar, i'd expect you to know of the MGS4 bundle coming out in June. Guess what, same cost as an 80gig used to be when it was in rotation. But not only does it come with MGS4, but a dualshock 3 controller as well. Those pieces individually would be 499$ for the 80 gig, plus 55$ for the controller and 60$ for the game, coming out to $615. But it doesn't cost that, it costs $499, hence your technically getting a game for free.
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 f50p90
[QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="Jynxzor"]If the bundle exists, it would be a boon for sales.ogvampire

I just said it's priced at $499 because of the game. if it werent it'd be cheaper. but it is, deal with it

thats what a bundle is. its supposed to save you money compared to buying everything separate.

Yeah it saves you money, but doesnt give it to you for free. Without a game the 80 gig would probably be $450, the 40 gig with a game would be $450 as well.

The difference between the 40 and the 80 gig is NOT $100 worth. It's probably around $50, with the emulator chip and slightly bigger HDD, it's a pretty small difference

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 f50p90
F50p90, your wrong in the notion that bundles do not give you free games. Absolutely they do. With your avatar, i'd expect you to know of the MGS4 bundle coming out in June. Guess what, same cost as an 80gig used to be when it was in rotation. But not only does it come with MGS4, but a dualshock 3 controller as well. Those pieces individually would be 499$ for the 80 gig, plus 55$ for the controller and 60$ for the game, coming out to $615. But it doesn't cost that, it costs $499, hence your technically getting a game for free.Shensolidus
You know why it costs the same as the old one? Because that one was packaged with the game too? OMG!!
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="f50p90"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="Jynxzor"]If the bundle exists, it would be a boon for sales.f50p90

That's why I don't expect for the bundle to come to the U.S. it would mess up the 40 gigs price point. Over seas prices are really strange anyway, so they do that sort of thing.

I assumed the GTAIV bundle was 40GB, that's why I said $399.

The GTAIV bundle IS the 40gig. But if they made the bundle for U.S. it would be more than $399. Bundles don't give you games for free. Never have. Maybe a discount, but not free

Meh, I don't like the 40GB model anyways, I think I'll get the MGS Bundle instead.
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ogvampire
[QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="Jynxzor"]If the bundle exists, it would be a boon for sales.f50p90

Yeah it saves you money, but doesnt give it to you for free. Without a game the 80 gig would probably be $450, the 40 gig with a game would be $450 as well.

The difference between the 40 and the 80 gig is NOT $100 worth. It's probably around $50, with the emulator chip and slightly bigger HDD, it's a pretty small difference

it may not be a game, but the ps3 40gig spiderman3 bundle costs $399, the same price as a regular ps3 40gig

looks like you get spiderman3 for free

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 f50p90
[QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"][QUOTE="Jynxzor"]If the bundle exists, it would be a boon for sales.ogvampire

it may not be a game, but the ps3 40gig spiderman3 bundle costs $399, the same price as a regular ps3 40gig

Like you said it's a movie. And Sony owns spiderman. Sony doesn't own Grand Theft Auto
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 f50p90

ogvampire
Like you said it's a movie. And Sony owns spiderman. Sony doesn't own Grand Theft Auto
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ogvampire
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]it may not be a game, but the ps3 40gig spiderman3 bundle costs $399, the same price as a regular ps3 40gig

f50p90

my whole point was about bundles. you said they arent meant to save you money or give you anything for free, which is totally incorrect because that is their exact purpose

Sony_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Sony_92
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts

has it even been confirmed yet?shoeman12

ya, its going to be 299 Pounds

http://uk.i4u.com/article16247.html

http://techdigest.tv/2008/04/grand_theft_aut_5.html

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ogvampire
[QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]it may not be a game, but the ps3 40gig spiderman3 bundle costs $399, the same price as a regular ps3 40gig

f50p90

my whole point was about bundles. you said they arent meant to save you money or give you anything for free, which is totally incorrect because that is their exact purpose

Read back. I said they do save you money. But they dont give you anything for free. They must do a good job of making consumers think they are free. But like I said the difference between a 40 gig and an 80 gig is NOT worth $100. The game beefs it up. It saves you money, but its not free

look back at the post where i bolded a statement that you said:

"noone said that a bundle is supposed to save you money", is exactly what you said

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ogvampire
[QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]it may not be a game, but the ps3 40gig spiderman3 bundle costs $399, the same price as a regular ps3 40gig

f50p90

Read back. I said they do save you money. But they dont give you anything for free. They must do a good job of making consumers think they are free. But like I said the difference between a 40 gig and an 80 gig is NOT worth $100. The game beefs it up. It saves you money, but its not free

you said the exact opposite earlier

"no one said that a bundle is supposed to save you money", is exactly what you said

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

The GTAIV bundle IS the 40gig. But if they made the bundle for U.S. it would be more than $399. Bundles don't give you games for free. Never have. Maybe a discount, but not freef50p90

they dont? *looks at the 2 game bundle 360 elite and notices its the same price as the elite without the games...hmmm* looks like free to me....its not a very good statement there have been many bundles over the years and they all offered the games for free.

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 f50p90
[QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="f50p90"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]it may not be a game, but the ps3 40gig spiderman3 bundle costs $399, the same price as a regular ps3 40gig

ogvampire

"noone said that a bundle is supposed to save you money", is exactly what you said

Find me a quote where Sony said a bundle was supposed to save you money.

The bundle probably DOES save you money. But you have no stand alone sku to compare it to, so it doesnt matter. And there is no way an 80 gig by itself is worth a price tage of $500

Vectah_Sigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Vectah_Sigma
Member since 2007 • 1104 Posts

it will sell, but not gonna rocket the ps3 to the top. i just dont see casuals running to buy a $500 console to play GTA

casuals care about prices, not exclusives and what-not

btw: 360 pro with GTA4 (separate) will cost $400. why would casuals pay an extra $100 to play that game?

ogvampire

Negtive, I dont care about price, If I want something I buy it. Its always a reason something cost more. If you let price hold you back then you'll never buy anything.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ogvampire

f50p90

Find me a quote where Sony said a bundle was supposed to save you money.

The bundle probably DOES save you money. But you have no stand alone sku to compare it to, so it doesnt matter. And there is no way an 80 gig by itself is worth a price tage of $500

oh come on now. please stop, you are really grasping for straws

my problem was with what YOU said, not sony. thats why i bolded your incorrect statement earlier

did you forget what you said already?

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

I learned about the GTA4/PS3 bundle a few weeks ago off of N4G sites and was wondering why the story didn't receive better press. In any event, industry insiders on NeoGaf have already confirmed it.

Mind you, this is only a European bundle. A yes, this will make a significant impact over there. There are still many who are on the fence, or were waiting for a reason to buy a PS3. GTA4 is as good as any, and bundling the system with the game is a great way to get people to go out and buy your system.

Bundles work and they are a great way to get people to purchase systems. It can't be denied. How many people bought a Wii cause it came with Wii Sports? How many people bought a NES or SNES cause it came with a mario game? The concept is a great way to tell the consumer, heres how much you gotta pay and everything you need to buy to play. No extra purchase required. It's a beautiful thing and i'm glad Sony has openly embraced the concept of bundles so as to welcome more purchasers to their console. MS should be doing something similar.

BTW, to those saying they haven't tried to advertise the DLC, it isn't up to MS to advertise, its on the ones purchasing the advertisement. Honestly, retailers aren't going to support it when they won't be getting any slice of that pie. All of it goes to MS/R*. Retailers get cut out, so they're not going to push it. To them, there is only one GTA4 and they're going to push it equally.

Shensolidus

This is all too funny. Remember the days when people wanted LESS SKUs? Now people want a GTA4 SKU, a Metal Gear SKU, a Prologue SKU, an 80GB sku and a 40GB sku.

I'll assume Lemmings would like a GTA sku and a NG2 sku.

but this time last year fanboys couldn't attack the number of SKUs enough.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ogvampire
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

it will sell, but not gonna rocket the ps3 to the top. i just dont see casuals running to buy a $500 console to play GTA

casuals care about prices, not exclusives and what-not

btw: 360 pro with GTA4 (separate) will cost $400. why would casuals pay an extra $100 to play that game?

Vectah_Sigma

Negtive, I dont care about price, If I want something I buy it. Its always a reason something cost more. If you let price hold you back then you'll never buy anything.

thats your case, as you can see even on these forums where people are bashing others for paying $50/year for Live, or getting milked.... people care a lot about prices

i dont know if youre a casual or not, but you dont speak for anybody but yourself.

if casuals by definition only play a few games, then why would they pay more to play the same game?

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 f50p90

Alright ogvampire, you can believe what you want. The FACT is the difference between the 80 gig and a 40 gig is the emulater chip, which is worth about $20, and a slightly bigger HDD which is probably worth about $15. Where the rest of the $100 comes from I don't know. But keep thinking people got Motorstorm and MGS4 for 'free'

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ogvampire

Alright ogvampire, you can believe what you want. The FACT is the difference between the 80 gig and a 40 gig is the emulater chip, which is worth about $20, and a slightly bigger HDD which is probably worth about $15. Where the rest of the $100 comes from I don't know. But keep thinking people got Motorstorm and MGS4 for 'free'

f50p90

believe what i want? the only reason why i started talking to you was your initial statement that bundles arent supposed to save you money. thats it. has nothing to do with what i believe.

your statement was false, so i pointed it out.

i dont know what all the other stuff your babbling about...

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#72 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

Sony needs to fight for GTA this time around. GTA is already associated with the Playstation brand name, and they're going to need to keep it that way. Every GTA commercial needs to end with "Playstation 3" fading into black. They need this bundle. They need to market GTA4 for the PS3. MS is going to tout the exclusive content so if Sony wants sells from GTA they need to keep GTA a "Playstation brand".

It's going to be tough for both, but who really cares. It's going to sell like hotcakes for each system.