GTA 4 on ps3, it actually is 720p?

• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts

[QUOTE="stiltzsy"]Where is a link to where R* refuted what Quaz has said? Remember the other games that Quaz has found to be running sub-720 also *claimed* to be 720p. And either kept quiet about it or admitted it weeks/months down the road. I doubt R* will say anyting about this anytime soon. Unless PS3 is running at 720P and then they would come out quickly and fix this rumor. But if they are quiet in response it means it's most likely true.II_Seraphim_II

Dude, did you read the link?

"Rockstar themselves confirmed both Xbox and PS3 versions to be running in native 720p back in previous issue of EGM during an interview when asked if GTA IV would be running 1080p native"

if you want you can go get the edition of EGM and check it out yourself...you dont need us to spoonfeed you everything :?

And? Call me if they come out and say that after it was already revealed that the PS3 version runs at 640p. Of course they're not going to come out and say it before that. :lol:

Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#102 Nolan16
Member since 2006 • 4022 Posts
well i'm sorry lemmings but i trust Rockstar more then i trust a guy who gives facts but has nothing to back them up or prove them. So GTA IV is 720p for ps3 awesome.
UpSwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 UpSwing
Member since 2004 • 3384 Posts

Quaz51 is absoluteyl right about the PS3 versions Native resolution - It's 640p. This is FACT.

He has done this HUNDREDS OF TIMES. The truth is that there are LOTS of Games out there that are advertised as 720p...or 1080p.... but many aren't.

If you are Confusing a Developer ( or more likely a PR guy who works for a Dev ) with JESUS, in that you believe they would never tell a lie; then you're REALLY naive.

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 TOAO_Cyrus1
Member since 2004 • 2895 Posts

well i'm sorry lemmings but i trust Rockstar more then i trust a guy who gives facts but has nothing to back them up or prove them. So GTA IV is 720p for ps3 awesome.Nolan16

Ok whatever. Your completely and utterly wrong though.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts

well i'm sorry lemmings but i trust Rockstar more then i trust a guy who gives facts but has nothing to back them up or prove them. So GTA IV is 720p for ps3 awesome.Nolan16

nothing to back him up? Dude.. he hasn't ever been wrong. This guy exposed Halo 3 and CoD4. Both devs came out an admitted it after he exposed them. However, before that they insisted until they were blue in the face that their games ran at 720p. Dev's aren't just going to say their game isn't at a native HD resolution because that is bad PR.

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
ok this is really starting to annoy me, xbox fans shut up, sony fans shut up, right now your both wrong, im going to give you both a scenario, this is all hypothetical. im a pixel counter, for 2 gaming generations ive succesfully counted the pixels properly on pretty much every game ive looked at, a new game has came out thats a multi plat, i determine that the game is running in 230p on one system and 720p on the other system, i could very easily be wrong about this, i could have been wrong on all of my other ones to, but this one seems not as believeable, see my point? just because someone in the past has been able to count the pixels on a game right doesnt automatically mean that hes gonna be able to count them right on this game, if he wouldnt have came forward and said what he did no one would have even questioned it, so until rockstar themselves says otherwise the game runs at 720p, LIVE WITH IT
nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 nc_soldier
Member since 2004 • 789 Posts

Quaz51 is absoluteyl right about the PS3 versions Native resolution - It's 640p. This is FACT.

He has done this HUNDREDS OF TIMES. The truth is that there are LOTS of Games out there that are advertised as 720p...or 1080p.... but many aren't.

If you are Confusing a Developer ( or more likely a PR guy who works for a Dev ) with JESUS, in that you believe they would never tell a lie; then you're REALLY naive.

UpSwing

Well he doesnt have the ps3 version, he wast just looking at a pic which some dude sent him....but ofc that doesnt mean he's wrong, but it is far from fact...

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]

[QUOTE="stiltzsy"]Where is a link to where R* refuted what Quaz has said? Remember the other games that Quaz has found to be running sub-720 also *claimed* to be 720p. And either kept quiet about it or admitted it weeks/months down the road. I doubt R* will say anyting about this anytime soon. Unless PS3 is running at 720P and then they would come out quickly and fix this rumor. But if they are quiet in response it means it's most likely true.Zeliard9

"Rockstar themselves confirmed both Xbox and PS3 versions to be running in native 720p back in previous issue of EGM during an interview when asked if GTA IV would be running 1080p native"

if you want you can go get the edition of EGM and check it out yourself...you dont need us to spoonfeed you everything :?

And? Call me if they come out and say that after it was already revealed that the PS3 version runs at 640p. Of course they're not going to come out and say it before that. :lol:

I agree, which is why i think we should wait until Rockstar says that it doesnt run @ 720p before we start talking crap. Bungie came out and admited it and so did Infinity Ward, we should expect that Rockstar will do the same if its true. So lets until they make a statement, until then I'm gonna do the logical thing and trust the the people who spent the past 4 years making the game rather than sumone on a forum, no matter how reputable he is. I'm just guessing here, but im assuming that Rockstar probably knows more about GTA4 than people at the Beyond3D forums?

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 TOAO_Cyrus1

ok this is really starting to annoy me, xbox fans shut up, sony fans shut up, right now your both wrong, im going to give you both a scenario, this is all hypothetical. im a pixel counter, for 2 gaming generations ive succesfully counted the pixels properly on pretty much every game ive looked at, a new game has came out thats a multi plat, i determine that the game is running in 230p on one system and 720p on the other system, i could very easily be wrong about this, i could have been wrong on all of my other ones to, but this one seems not as believeable, see my point? just because someone in the past has been able to count the pixels on a game right doesnt automatically mean that hes gonna be able to count them right on this game, if he wouldnt have came forward and said what he did no one would have even questioned it, so until rockstar themselves says otherwise the game runs at 720p, LIVE WITH ITlinkin_guy109

Well the fact is the PS3 version runs at 640p. Rockstar not saying anything doesn't change reality.

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 TOAO_Cyrus1
[QUOTE="Zeliard9"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]

[QUOTE="stiltzsy"]Where is a link to where R* refuted what Quaz has said? Remember the other games that Quaz has found to be running sub-720 also *claimed* to be 720p. And either kept quiet about it or admitted it weeks/months down the road. I doubt R* will say anyting about this anytime soon. Unless PS3 is running at 720P and then they would come out quickly and fix this rumor. But if they are quiet in response it means it's most likely true.II_Seraphim_II

I agree, which is why i think we should wait until Rockstar says that it doesnt run @ 720p before we start talking crap. Bungie came out and admited it and so did Infinity Ward, we should expect that Rockstar will do the same if its true. So lets until they make a statement, until then I'm gonna do the logical thing and trust the the people who spent the past 4 years making the game rather than sumone on a forum, no matter how reputable he is. I'm just guessing here, but im assuming that Rockstar probably knows more about GTA4 than people at the Beyond3D forums?

Well thats not logical. A PR rep for Rockstar making a statement to a magazine before the games released doesnt change the fact that it has been proven to run at 640p.

Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Nolan16

[QUOTE="Nolan16"]well i'm sorry lemmings but i trust Rockstar more then i trust a guy who gives facts but has nothing to back them up or prove them. So GTA IV is 720p for ps3 awesome.TOAO_Cyrus1

Lol I have documentation Rock-star said it is, am I going to believe the creator of the game or the people who test the game for theories which they have no proof or backbone to convince people just a blind statement?Exactly it's like me saying hey Gears Of wars really ran at 640P with no AA I have no proof photos or presentation what so ever to convince or prove it to you but you should believe me anyways even when the creator of the game said himself its 720p.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

[QUOTE="Nolan16"]well i'm sorry lemmings but i trust Rockstar more then i trust a guy who gives facts but has nothing to back them up or prove them. So GTA IV is 720p for ps3 awesome.TOAO_Cyrus1

Well I'm sorry everybody but I believe what I make up in my head more that what I see in the news and in front of me with my own eyes so WOW! GTA runs in 1660p with 12x AA OMG it's awesome!!
Muzzle_Flashes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Muzzle_Flashes
Member since 2007 • 210 Posts
I don't know why everyone is making a big deal of this, it's Rockstars first PS3 game, everyone knows the complications of making games for the PS3, also not to mention the fact that the PS3 doesn't have combined memory pool...
Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#114 Sooshy
Member since 2007 • 1723 Posts
Silly cows. This doesn't take the exclusive DLC away from the 360 this fall. :)
Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Sooshy
[QUOTE="TOAO_Cyrus1"]

[QUOTE="Nolan16"]well i'm sorry lemmings but i trust Rockstar more then i trust a guy who gives facts but has nothing to back them up or prove them. So GTA IV is 720p for ps3 awesome.Nolan16

Lol I have documentation Rock-star said it is, am I going to believe the creator of the game or the people who test the game for theories which they have no proof or backbone to convince people just a blind statement?Exactly it's like me saying hey Gears Of wars really ran at 640P with no AA I have no proof photos or presentation what so ever to convince or prove it to you but you should believe me anyways even when the creator of the game said himself its 720p.

Let's be honest. If you created a game, would you want people knowing it's running at a lower resolution than advertised? Didn't think so.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="Zeliard9"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]

[QUOTE="stiltzsy"]Where is a link to where R* refuted what Quaz has said? Remember the other games that Quaz has found to be running sub-720 also *claimed* to be 720p. And either kept quiet about it or admitted it weeks/months down the road. I doubt R* will say anyting about this anytime soon. Unless PS3 is running at 720P and then they would come out quickly and fix this rumor. But if they are quiet in response it means it's most likely true.TOAO_Cyrus1

Well thats not logical. A PR rep for Rockstar making a statement to a magazine before the games released doesnt change the fact that it has been proven to run at 640p.

A pixel counter with only the X360 version who counted pixels on a screen provided to him by sumone else? Man the standards for what qualifies as "proof" have fallen severely. :? Assuming the Pixel counter is very good (which I assume he is due to his previous work) he supposedly got the screen from sumone else :? Thats like if i give u a photoshoped photo and tell you its legit and you use it as fact in a news report... I'm sure you would be fire very quickly....

-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#117 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts
I have GTA IV in my PS3 and my tv is showing it at 1280X720......
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="Nolan16"][QUOTE="TOAO_Cyrus1"]

[QUOTE="Nolan16"]well i'm sorry lemmings but i trust Rockstar more then i trust a guy who gives facts but has nothing to back them up or prove them. So GTA IV is 720p for ps3 awesome.Sooshy

Let's be honest. If you created a game, would you want people knowing it's running at a lower resolution than advertised? Didn't think so.

Bungie and IW didnt seem to have a problem with it, and it didnt slow down the sales of their respective games :|

Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Nolan16

like I stated before.

I have documentation Rock-star said it is, am I going to believe the creator of the game or the people who test the game for theories which they have no proof or backbone to convince people just a blind statement?Exactly it's like me saying hey Gears Of wars really ran at 640P with no AA I have no proof photos or presentation what so ever to convince or prove it to you but you should believe me anyways even when the creator of the game said himself its 720p.

hungryheart077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 hungryheart077
Member since 2008 • 528 Posts
I have GTA IV in my PS3 and my tv is showing it at 1280X720......-supercharged-

UPSCALES RESOLUTION, THE NATIVE RESOLUTION IS 640P
nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 nc_soldier

like I stated before.

I have documentation Rock-star said it is, am I going to believe the creator of the game or the people who test the game for theories which they have no proof or backbone to convince people just a blind statement?Exactly it's like me saying hey Gears Of wars really ran at 640P with no AA I have no proof photos or presentation what so ever to convince or prove it to you but you should believe me anyways even when the creator of the game said himself its 720p.

Nolan16

You're so right

UpSwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 UpSwing
[QUOTE="UpSwing"]

nc_soldier

Well he doesnt have the ps3 version, he wast just looking at a pic which some dude sent him....but ofc that doesnt mean he's wrong, but it is far from fact...

Yes, it's true that the guys over at BeyondD WORK TOGETHER. And if you think they simply glance at a picture then you couldn't be more wrong. They can tell if there is any AA or not, infact they can even fgure out WHAT KIND of AA is being used..

they have been doing this a LONG TIME. Incase you missed it, here is the list of games they have Tested and discovered their TRUE resolutions....

Playstation 3

Army of Two = 1280x720 (no AA)
Assassin's Creed = 1280x720 (QAA)
Beowulf = 1280x720 (no AA)
Call of Duty 3 (screenshot) ~1088x624 (2x AA)
Call of Duty 4 = 1024x600 (2x AA)
Cars Mater-National = 1280x720 (QAA), 1920x1080 (QAA)
Conan (demo) = 1024x576 (no AA)
Condemned 2 = 1280x720 (no AA)
Conflict: Denied Ops = 1280x720 (no AA) or 960x1080
Dark Sector = 1152x640 (no AA)
Def Jam Icon (screenshot) = 1152x648 (no AA)
Devil May Cry 4 = 1280x720 (2xAA, temporal)
Fifa Street 3 = 1920x1080 (no AA)
Full Auto 2 (demo) = 1920x1080 (4x AA)
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 = 1280x720
Golden Compass = 1280x720 (no AA)
Grand Theft Auto IV = 1152x640 (no AA)
GT5 Prologue (demo) = 1280x1080 (2x AA) - garage/pit/showroom is 1920x1080 with no AA or 1280x720 with 4xAA
Guitar Hero 3 = 1040x585 (no AA)
Heavenly Sword = 1280x720 (4xAA)
Jericho (demo) = 996x560 (2x AA)
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights = 1280x720 (QAA)
Lair = 800x1080 (2xAA) - AA buffers are merged to produce 1600x1080 for further scaling
Lost Planet = 1280x720 (temporal 2xAA)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (screenshot) = 1920x1080 (no AA)
MLB08: The Show = 1280x720 (2xAA, The rendering window is adjustable down to 576p without upscaling to 720p i.e. the frame has black borders)
MX vs ATV (demo) = 1024x576 (no AA)
NBA07 (demo) = 1920x1080 (no AA)
NBA08 (demo) = 1920x1080 (no AA)
NBA Street Home court (screenshot) = 1920x1080 (no AA)
NFL Tour = 1280x720 (no AA, poor framerate)
Ninja Gaiden: Sigma = 1280x720 (has weird scaling to support 1080p)
Pirates des Caraibes (screenshot) = 768x1080 (no AA)
960x720 en mode 720p
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 = 1280x720 (QAA)
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction = 1280x704 (2xAA, centered on 720p output)
Ridge Racer 7 (demo) = 1920x1080 (no AA)
SEGA: Superstars Tennis = 1280x720 (QAA, 30fps)
Skate = 1280x720 (no AA)
Soldier of Fortune: Payback = 1280x720 (no AA)
The Darkness (demo) = 1024x576 (no AA)
Tony Hawk's Project 8 = 1280x720
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground (demo) = 1024x576 (no AA)
Transformers (screenshot) = 960x1080 (no AA)
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty = 1280x720 (no AA)
Turok = 1280x720 (no AA)
Viking: Battle for Asgard = 960x720 (2xAA) - AA buffers are merged to a 1920x720 framebuffer, which is then downscaled to 1280x720
Virtua Fighter 5 (screenshot) = 1024x1024 (no AA)
1024x768 en mode 1080p
Virtua Tennis 3 (demo) = 1920x1080 (2x AA)
WWE 08 (screenshot) = ? 640x720 ? (2x AA)
les edges ont l'aparence du 1280x720 mais d'apres certain artefact il semble que ce soit le resultat de la fusion de 2 buffers MSAA 640x720
translation StefanS: "The edges give the impression of being 1280x720p, but because of a certain artefact it seems as if it's the result of the fusion of 2 MSAA buffers of resolution 640x720"
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Unreal Tournament III = 1280x720 (no AA)

PSN GAMES

Blast Factor = 1920x1080 (no AA)
Calling All Cars (screenshot) = 1920x1080 (4x AA)
Echochrome = 1920x1080 (2xAA)
Go Puzzle = 1920x1080
GTHD = 1440x1080 (no AA)
Selection des vehicules en 1920x1080
Locoroco Cocoreccho = 1920x1080 (2x AA)
Mainichi Issyo = 1440x1080 (4xAA)
Pixel Junk Monsters = 1920x1080
Pixel Junk Racers = 1920x1080
Rocketmen = 1920x1080 (2xAA)
Rub'a'dub = 1600x1080 (no AA)
Snakeball = 1280x1080 (no AA)
Stardust HD = 1280x1080 (no AA)
Sudoku = 1920x1080
Super Rub-a-Dub = 1600x1080
Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection (screenshot) = 1920x1080 (no AA)

Xbox 360

Army of Two = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Assassin's Creed = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Beowulf = 1280x720 (4xAA)
Bioshock = 1280x720 (no AA)
Burnout: Paradise = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Call of Duty 3 (screenshot) = 1040x624 (2xAA)
Call of Duty 4 (screenshot) = 1024x600 (2xAA)
Cars Mater-National = 1280x720 (4xAA)
Condemned 2 = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Conflict: Denied Ops (demo) = 1280x720p (2xAA)
Dark Sector = 1280x720 (no AA)
Devil May Cry 4 = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Fifa 2006 (demo) = 1024x576 (2xAA)
Fifa 2007 (demo) = 1200x675 (no AA)
Fifa Street 3 = 1920x1080 (4xAA)
Gears of War = 1280x720 (HD), 960x720 (SD) (2xAA on static objects?)
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Golden Compass = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Grand Theft Auto IV = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Guitar Hero 3 = 1280x720 (no AA)
Halo 3 = 1152x640 (no AA)
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Lost Planet = 1280x720 (up to 4x MSAA dependent on framerate)
Mass Effect = 1280x720 (2xAA sometimes)
MotoGP 2006(screenshot) = 1280x1024 (framebuffer grab from AVS Forum member)
MX vs ATV = 1280x720 (no AA)
NBA Street Home court (demo) = 1920x1080 (4xAA)
NCAA Football 08 (demo) = 1024x600 (2xAA)
NFL Tour = 1280x720 (4xAA, 60fps)
Oblivion (screenshot) = 1024x600 (2xAA)
Perfect Dark Zero (demo) = 1152x640 (no AA)
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (demo) = 1024x576 (2xAA)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 = 1280x720 (4xAA)
Project Gotham Racing 3 (demo) = 1024x600 (2xAA)
Project Gotham Racing 4 = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Ridge Racer 6 (demo) = 1440x810 (no AA)
SEGA: Superstars Tennis = 1280x720 (2xAA, 30fps)
Skate = 1280x720 (2xAA ? )
Soldier of Fortune: Payback = 1280x720 (4xAA sometimes)
Splinter Cell Double Agent = 1280x720 (4xAA) (developer)
The Club = 1280x720 (4xAA)
Tomb Raider Legend (demo) = 1024x600 (2xAA)
Tony Hawk's Project 8 (screenshot) = 1040x585 (2xAA)
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground = 1280x720
Turok = 1280x720 (no AA)
Virtua Figther 5 (demo) = 1024x1024 (4xAA)
Virtua Tennis 3 (demo) = 1920x1080 (2xAA)

XBL GAMES

Boogie Bunnies = 1920x1080 (4xAA)

Does anyone Still think that the Guys over at Beyond3D are GUESSING?!?!

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 TOAO_Cyrus1
[QUOTE="TOAO_Cyrus1"]

[QUOTE="Nolan16"]well i'm sorry lemmings but i trust Rockstar more then i trust a guy who gives facts but has nothing to back them up or prove them. So GTA IV is 720p for ps3 awesome.Riverwolf007

Well I'm sorry everybody but I believe what I make up in my head more that what I see in the news and in front of me with my own eyes so WOW! GTA runs in 1660p with 12x AA OMG it's awesome!!

Um this is not just any random statement here though. Scientists say alot of things that I don't understand but I believe because they are the authority on that subject. Beyond3d has been right every time so I believe them and in the comming days im sure I will be vindicated.

Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Sooshy
[QUOTE="Sooshy"][QUOTE="Nolan16"][QUOTE="TOAO_Cyrus1"]

[QUOTE="Nolan16"]well i'm sorry lemmings but i trust Rockstar more then i trust a guy who gives facts but has nothing to back them up or prove them. So GTA IV is 720p for ps3 awesome.II_Seraphim_II

Bungie and IW didnt seem to have a problem with it, and it didnt slow down the sales of their respective games :|

Funny how they didn't admit to it until after they were proven wrong, huh? Sorry, but I'm just not convinced. It may be 720p, but I'm reserving judgement for now.
opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 opex07
Member since 2007 • 2236 Posts

ok this is really starting to annoy me, xbox fans shut up, sony fans shut up, right now your both wrong, im going to give you both a scenario, this is all hypothetical. im a pixel counter, for 2 gaming generations ive succesfully counted the pixels properly on pretty much every game ive looked at, a new game has came out thats a multi plat, i determine that the game is running in 230p on one system and 720p on the other system, i could very easily be wrong about this, i could have been wrong on all of my other ones to, but this one seems not as believeable, see my point? just because someone in the past has been able to count the pixels on a game right doesnt automatically mean that hes gonna be able to count them right on this game, if he wouldnt have came forward and said what he did no one would have even questioned it, so until rockstar themselves says otherwise the game runs at 720p, LIVE WITH ITlinkin_guy109

Quaz51(beyond) is a more reliable source than rockstar since beyond has proven to us that Devs release false resolutions for their games, until rockstar denies these claims Quaz51 is the more reliable source.

Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Nolan16

lol you Xbox fan boys have yet to answer to my argument because you can't. Show me proof of his statements show me a presentation show me something. You can't now shut up while I go play GTA IV in 720p as stated by rock star...life is good.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"][QUOTE="TOAO_Cyrus1"]

Um this is not just any random statement here though. Scientists say alot of things that I don't understand I because they are the authority on that subject. Beyond3d has been right every time so I believe them and in the comming days im sure I will be vindicated.

just cause you dont understand doesnt mean you should just accept it. Scientists are the authority, but when they say sumthing I atleast try to research it a bit from many different sources. Knowledge is pointless without understanding.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#128 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]:lol: Lemmings are always trying to use rumours as ownage but end up being self-owned.Pro_wrestler

Lemmings are always trying to use rumours as ownage but end up being self-owned
Cows are always trying to use rumours as ownage but end up being self-owned
Sheep are always trying to use rumours as ownage but end up being self-owned
Hermits are always trying to use rumours as ownage but end up being self-owned

Fixed.

Agreed, Hate and hypocrisy are not exclusive to one type of fanboy :)

UpSwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 UpSwing

lol you Xbox fan boys have yet to answer to my argument because you can't. Show me proof of his statements show me a presentation show me something. You can't now shut up while I go play GTA IV in 720p as stated by rock star...life is good.

Nolan16

The only "proof" you seem to have is a PR guy from Rockstar saying in a Magazine, Long BEFORE the game ever released that the game was 720p. And it DOES output at 720p. Just NOT Natively. So he's not completely Lying when he said that.

These guys over at Beyond3D have does this HUNDREDS OF TIMES. ( Most people don't realize this )

Most people just know about Halo 3 ( 640p ) and COD 4 ( 600p ).

So ask yourself. Were they wrong about those games? No, ofcourse not. And they aren't Wrong about the PS3 version of GTA IV either.

THEY ARE NOT GUESSING

thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts

how come none of this can be proved with any type of documentation / website / publication?

As it stands, we have a very detailed analysis showing that the ps3 runs at a lower rez vs. one forum post that backs none of its argument up with evidence.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 II_Seraphim_II
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="Sooshy"][QUOTE="Nolan16"][QUOTE="TOAO_Cyrus1"]

[QUOTE="Nolan16"]well i'm sorry lemmings but i trust Rockstar more then i trust a guy who gives facts but has nothing to back them up or prove them. So GTA IV is 720p for ps3 awesome.Sooshy

Funny how they didn't admit to it until after they were proven wrong, huh? Sorry, but I'm just not convinced. It may be 720p, but I'm reserving judgement for now.

yeah, and according to Beyond3D, they have been proven wrong. So how about we wait for them to say sumthing before we all jump on the bandwagon?

Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Nolan16
[QUOTE="Nolan16"]

UpSwing

The only "proof" you seem to have is a PR guy from Rockstar saying in a Magazine, Long BEFORE the game ever released that the game was 720p. And it DOES output at 720p. Just NOT Natively. So he's not completely Lying when he said that.

These guys over at Beyond3D have does this HUNDREDS OF TIMES. ( Most people don't realize this )

So ask yourself. Were they wrong about those games? No, ofcourse not. And they aren't Wrong about the PS3 version of GTA IV either.

THEY ARE NOT GUESSING

Lol dude it's still pointless a guy at rock star wouldn't claim something if it wasn't true a dev wouldn't say anything rock star wouldn't want him to do. These guys tell people things without even showing them or even explaining it to them. This is the real world buddy without Evidence your opinion means jack Sh*t.

-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#133 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts

[QUOTE="-supercharged-"]I have GTA IV in my PS3 and my tv is showing it at 1280X720......hungryheart077

UPSCALES RESOLUTION, THE NATIVE RESOLUTION IS 640P

and I care why? It looks sweet on my tv!!

nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 nc_soldier
[QUOTE="Nolan16"]

UpSwing

THEY ARE NOT GUESSING

Even though I and every1 else sees your point, the fact that they've been right before doesnt mean they have to be right now. If i said: If I drop a spoon it will fall to the ground, if I drop a tv it will fall to the ground and so on with 100 of objects, and then i would say if I drop my ps3 it will fly up in the air it doesnt mean im right now does it? and yes i know stupid example...

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
Would Rockstar be allowed to admit it runs at a different resolution on PS3 anyway? After the bundle deal w/ Sony, I bet their new masters would be rather upset at them for making the PS3 look bad.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 II_Seraphim_II

how come none of this can be proved with any type of documentation / website / publication?

As it stands, we have a very detailed analysis showing that the ps3 runs at a lower rez vs. one forum post that backs none of its argument up with evidence.

thetruespin

Did you click the link? Did you see the part where it states that R* said that GTA4 is 720p on all platforms? yeah, thats all the documentation we need. Primary source > Secondary source. If you dont think R* said so, look for the EGM and find the qoute, research is part of debating.

UpSwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 UpSwing
[QUOTE="UpSwing"][QUOTE="Nolan16"]

Nolan16

THEY ARE NOT GUESSING

Lol dude it's still pointless a guy at rock star wouldn't claim something if it wasn't true a dev wouldn't say anything rock star wouldn't want him to do. These guys tell people things without even showing them or even explaining it to them. This is the real world buddy without Evidence your opinion means jack Sh*t.

OK. Let's try to put this into perspective here.

Everyone knows that it's the Guys over at Beyond3D that "discovered" Halo 3 was 640p.

Were they wrong? NO

Everyone also knows they are the ones who discovered COD 4 was 600p.

Were they wrong about that one? NO

Here is a list of other Games that they WEREN'T wrong about either....

Playstation 3

GT5 Prologue (demo) = 1280x1080 (2x AA) - garage/pit/showroom is 1920x1080 with no AA or 1280x720 with 4xAA
Lair = 800x1080 (2xAA) - AA buffers are merged to produce 1600x1080 for further scaling
MLB08: The Show = 1280x720 (2xAA, The rendering window is adjustable down to 576p without upscaling to 720p i.e. the frame has black borders)
960x720 en mode 720p
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction = 1280x704 (2xAA, centered on 720p output)
Skate = 1280x720 (no AA)
Turok = 1280x720 (no AA)
Viking: Battle for Asgard = 960x720 (2xAA) - AA buffers are merged to a 1920x720 framebuffer, which is then downscaled to 1280x720
1024x768 en mode 1080p
les edges ont l'aparence du 1280x720 mais d'apres certain artefact il semble que ce soit le resultat de la fusion de 2 buffers MSAA 640x720
translation StefanS: "The edges give the impression of being 1280x720p, but because of a certain artefact it seems as if it's the result of the fusion of 2 MSAA buffers of resolution 640x720"

PSN GAMES

Go Puzzle = 1920x1080
GTHD = 1440x1080 (no AA)
Sudoku = 1920x1080

Xbox 360

Turok = 1280x720 (no AA)

XBL GAMES

But now you're trying to tell me that After being RIGHT about a Few Hundred Times now, that they are WRONG about the pS3 version of GTA IV because of what some PR guy told a Magazine BEFORE the game was ever released.

YOU MUST BE JOKING! LOL

Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Nolan16

lems lost this round because they have nothing expect a rumor against stone cold facts lets go play are GTA IV in 720p cows lol.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 II_Seraphim_II

Would Rockstar be allowed to admit it runs at a different resolution on PS3 anyway? After the bundle deal w/ Sony, I bet their new masters would be rather upset at them for making the PS3 look bad.lowe0

"Would R* be allowed to say that the PS3 version actually runs a lil better than the X360 version after the whole $50million deal with MS?"

See how ridiculous that sounds? Sony doesnt own R* and neither does MS, they can say what they want (well, atleast wat Take2 allows them to).

nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 nc_soldier
[QUOTE="Nolan16"][QUOTE="UpSwing"][QUOTE="Nolan16"]

UpSwing

THEY ARE NOT GUESSING

Everyone knows that it's the Guys over at Beyond3D that "discovered" Halo 3 was 640p.

Were they wrong? NO

Playstation 3

960x720 en mode 720p
Skate = 1280x720 (no AA)
Turok = 1280x720 (no AA)
1024x768 en mode 1080p

PSN GAMES

Go Puzzle = 1920x1080
GTHD = 1440x1080 (no AA)
Sudoku = 1920x1080

Xbox 360

Turok = 1280x720 (no AA)

XBL GAMES

But now you're trying to tell me that After being RIGHT about a Few Hundred Times now, that they are WRONG about the pS3 version of GTA IV because of what some PR guy told a Magazine BEFORE the game was ever released.

YOU MUST BE JOKING! LOL

Im not saying they are wrong, im saying they could be wrong. it is not a proven fact like you say that the ps3 version is running at 640p, what is proven is that a pic of the ps3 version has the res of 640p....it is not the same thing. They could be wrong and they could be right, THAT IS THE ONLY TRUE FACT!

Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Nolan16
[QUOTE="Nolan16"][QUOTE="UpSwing"][QUOTE="Nolan16"]

UpSwing

THEY ARE NOT GUESSING

Were they wrong? NO

Playstation 3

960x720 en mode 720p
Skate = 1280x720 (no AA)
Turok = 1280x720 (no AA)
1024x768 en mode 1080p

PSN GAMES

Go Puzzle = 1920x1080
GTHD = 1440x1080 (no AA)
Sudoku = 1920x1080

Xbox 360

Turok = 1280x720 (no AA)

XBL GAMES

YOU MUST BE JOKING! LOL

Yes what's even funnier is that you trying to prove something to me with a rumor and you failed miserably. Just click on the link of the first page, we having something you don't documentation. In the world without proof you have nothing in a court case you would have already lost.

Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#142 Fusible
Member since 2005 • 2828 Posts

Nolan16
It's like when I believed Toyota that my Prius would give 60+mpg, but in reality it gives me 40+mpg. So who should I believe Toyota or my eyes own eyes. These guys have been doing this for years, and PR guys are full of it all the time.
UpSwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 UpSwing

lems lost this round because they have nothing expect a rumor against stone cold facts lets go play are GTA IV in 720p cows lol.

Nolan16

Everyone can see that you're Wrong.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Nolan16

this is a fact because a rockstar PR claimed it months before its release? funny how cows jumped the gun when it was about halo3,but since its about the ps3 version of GTA4..its called bs fanboy rumors :roll:

stiltzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 stiltzsy
Member since 2008 • 1486 Posts

That was BEFORE Quaz busted them. Just like Infinty Ward and Bungie before them. If Quaz is wrong, then I'll admit ownage, but so far no one has disproved him on this. I can still quote Sony where they said the PS3 would have dual 1080P 120fps on games, but they changed that by the time they launched.

Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Nolan16
[QUOTE="Nolan16"]

UpSwing

Hey you took the words right out of my mouth speak of the devil he's using rumors over facts what a intelligent man he is huh lol.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
Why are lems so keen on this being true? I've read inumerous reviews that said they both look identical, and quite a few of them give the edge to the PS3, so why are you guys bothering?
stiltzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 stiltzsy
Member since 2008 • 1486 Posts

Lems trusted bungie and look what that got them...640P halo3.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 lawlessx
[QUOTE="UpSwing"][QUOTE="Nolan16"]

Nolan16

Hey you took the words right out of my mouth speak of the devil he's using rumors over facts what a intelligent man he is huh lol.

and once again..just because a rep from rockstar said something about the game..it doesnt mean it's true. you're currently gasping for straws right now.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 lawlessx

Why are lems so keen on this being true? I've read inumerous reviews that said they both look identical, and quite a few of them give the edge to the PS3, so why are you guys bothering? Eddie-Vedder

cows didnt really give lemmings a break when halo 3 was busted...why should lemmings hold back when the very same person that busted bungie is now targeting the ps3 version of GTA4?