GTA 4 on ps3, it actually is 720p?

• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50595 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]wow link to a forum, nothing to back it up on said link and cows immediately start bashing everyone for "making stuff up". Once again the power of irony utterly lost on cows.cobrax25

The whole 640p rumor came from a forum and lemmings ran with it. What's your point?

Rockstar, the dev said it's 720p native, but yet you want to believe a forum.

and? Bungie said Halo 3 ran in native 720p for a while too....

no developer has ever said their game ran below 720p :lol: that would just be stupid PR.

Nevermind, you're right. It was a little over a month after release.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts

[QUOTE="hungryheart077"]what the hell the people are talking about the game on the ps3 is 640p native.killadread

That has been proven WRONG. Stop relying on old scorces and no0bs on internet forums as the basis for your arguments and maybe you'll learn someting.

Rockstar's word on GTA4 on PS3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>whatever BS source you're trying to pass of as a fact from other fanboys like you.

you really dont understand anything do you......

of course its gonna be captured in 720p....whats captured is exacly what is displayed on the TV....if its 640p upscaled to 720 displayed on the TV....than that is what would be caputed.....

that was the case for Halo 3 too....which was rendered bellow 720p.

killadread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 killadread
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

it was 640p cows. stop complainingmicki_free

the xbox360 version is 420p so I'm not complaining.

620p>>>420p

and most major gamining websites agree with that since they say the PS3 version looks better.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50595 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]wow link to a forum, nothing to back it up on said link and cows immediately start bashing everyone for "making stuff up". Once again the power of irony utterly lost on cows.cobrax25

The whole 640p rumor came from a forum and lemmings ran with it. What's your point?

I've never said it wasn't 720, however, what I do say is the link that the TC provided to another forum with a pointless link in it is not proof it is 720.

Ah, gotcha. Until Rockstar says anything, I'm not going to believe or care if it runs at anythings else. Still a good looking game.

Rockstar will never say anything...its just bad PR.

but its reasonable to assume that those people at beyond3d are right....seeing as how they were the same people (same person actually) to uncover that Halo 3 ran at bellow HD...and since than, have a huge list of non HD console games.

It's perfectly reasonable. But as far as I know, this is the first time I've heard any conflict on the resolutions that guy has claimed. No matter to me though, it looks awesome as it is whether it's native or not.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

There goes the only rediculous fuel the Lemmings had for the 360 version being superiorf50p90

CoughDLCcough

How is this proof tho? I mean heck, I got proof that the RROD isn't real.. :lol:

killadread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 killadread
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

I've never said it wasn't 720, however, what I do say is the link that the TC provided to another forum with a pointless link in it is not proof it is 720.

Ah, gotcha. Until Rockstar says anything, I'm not going to believe or care if it runs at anythings else. Still a good looking game.

but its reasonable to assume that those people at beyond3d are right....seeing as how they were the same people (same person actually) to uncover that Halo 3 ran at bellow HD...and since than, have a huge list of non HD console games.

And I'm saying that GTA4 on 360 runs at 420p...it's reasonable to assume I'm right. Beleive me!!

BTW the Halo3 thing was never refuted by Bungie, neither was PGR3...this, however, was. And explained why.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
Lol, look at the comments below the post. And as the source says, only a highly trained eye can see the difference between the subtle colour shifts or what ever. And also like the poster said shutup and go play the highest rated game of all time.
stiltzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 stiltzsy
Member since 2008 • 1486 Posts

Looks like we have a forum post disputing another forum post. Hard to choose who to believe.

BUT we do know one thing. The PS3 isn't the uber machine that Sony claimed it was going to be...unless uber == 360.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts

I will say the same thing I said on the GT forums.

Let me just point out that you can capture pure video at ANY resolution you want to. HOWEVER, you CANNOT fool a pixel count. And the people who question Quaz... He did the pixel count for Halo 3, CoD4 and MANY other titles. It is a foolproof theorem and you CANNOT trick it. The PS3 version DOES run at 630p. However, it has much less dithering than the 360 version which in turn makes it appear much cleaner despite having the same amount of AA. They probably didn't mean for it to be as dithered as it was(they probably made it a bit dithered to create a more "gritty" look The PS3 version has a bit of dithering as well)... And that may have a little to do with the decompression process.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 xsubtownerx

And I'm saying that GTA4 on 360 runs at 420p...it's reasonable to assume I'm right. Beleive me!!

BTW the Halo3 thing was never refuted by Bungie, neither was PGR3...this, however, was. And explained why.

killadread

420p? So it went from 720 to 420 now? Sure buddy. I believe ya. ;)

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

620p>>>420p

and most major gamining websites agree with that since they say the PS3 version looks better.

So youre just going around saying the version you prefer runs at a better resoloution with out any proof ? How clever.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 horrowhip

killadread

this wasn't refuted by R*...

This was a PS3 fanboy trying desperately to disprove that the PS3 verison wasn't 630p in a VERY roundabout way.

He sited Gameradar which said they captured a 720p video stream and used this to "confirm" that the game runs at 720p.... Thing is, you can capture video at whatever resolution you want to... The system is just automatically upscaling to your resolution. So.... his arguement is completely moot.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 cobrax25
[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]wow link to a forum, nothing to back it up on said link and cows immediately start bashing everyone for "making stuff up". Once again the power of irony utterly lost on cows.killadread

where? where was it explained why?

if your gonna make stuff up...at least make it sound believable.

killadread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 killadread
[QUOTE="killadread"]

xsubtownerx

Wait but you lemmings want to believe that PS3's went from 720 to 640, even tho the makers of the game say otherwise? Sure buddy. I believe you too :)

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts
You know the Quaz guy is the one who got DMC and H3's res right? (I'm pretty sure it was him)
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 cobrax25
[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"][QUOTE="killadread"]

killadread

Wait but you lemmings want to believe that PS3's went from 720 to 640, even tho the makers of the game say otherwise? Sure buddy. I believe you too :)

they dont say otherwise...I dont know where you are getting the idea that they are....no game developer has ever admited at the time of release that their game ran at bellow 720p.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 xsubtownerx

killadread

I never said nthat, nor do I recall any lem say that. Saying GTA4 is 420p on the 360 is a complete joke.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 horrowhip

killadread

they did a freaking pixel count. I have said this 100 times now.... You CANNOT fool a pixel count. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE. They are LITERALLY counting how many pixels the game renders. Explain to me how that can be tricked... Because I would love to know as I would use that to render games at 640x480 then upscale and have nobody notice that I am not running at 1080p.... That would make creating games much, much easier because then, resolution is a nonfactor.

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts

I hate to break it to you, but Quaz is never wrong about this kinda stuff.

That OP Gametrailers link is hardly confirmation against it. It's someone trying to trivilize it by saying that Kotaku got the info from Eurogamer who got it from Quaz at Beyond3D. Uh, duh? That's how it always works. Who do you think Eurogamer gets to do all those PS3-360 screenshot comparisons? That's right, they get Quaz.

The PS3 runs at sub-720p, and I actually called this long ago because I figured some people were mistaking a softer picture (which a sub-720p output would give you) with extra anti-aliasing. It seemed strange to me, given each platform's history as well as the development of GTA4, that the PS3 could somehow offer less pop-in, less aliasing, and still be running at the same resolution as the 360.

Quaz is the same guy who came out with the fact that Halo 3 ran at sub-720p, and pissed Bungie and every lemming off in the process, so to try and paint him as some biased 360 owner is pretty absurd. And for cows to try and brush this off as nothing after their (over)reaction to Halo 3 being 640p is pretty hypocritical.

Either way, it could be said that GTA4 is the one game that should be bringing PS3 and 360 owners together, but I guess no game could ever transcend the dreaded system wars.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]:lol: Lemmings are always trying to use rumours as ownage but end up being self-owned.Pro_wrestler

Lemmings are always trying to use rumours as ownage but end up being self-owned
Cows are always trying to use rumours as ownage but end up being self-owned
Sheep are always trying to use rumours as ownage but end up being self-owned
Hermits are always trying to use rumours as ownage but end up being self-owned

Fixed.

ah..beat me too it

ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ParadiddleFill
Member since 2007 • 3506 Posts

[QUOTE="ParadiddleFill"]wow peoplein here are really clueless when it comes to hd and upscaling, they captured the it in 720p but the ps3 only outputs 720p after its been upscaled from 640p. Halo 3 does the same thing when you capture the hd footage it says 720p but thats because its been upscaledkilladread

fine than lemming, I guess then I can say that GTA4 360 runs @ 420p since it's looks slightly worse than the PS3 version and has more pop-in and jags. The 360 outputs 720p after it's been upscaled from 420p.

Rockstar (the people who made the damed game) said it's native 720p...DISCUSSION OVER!! lol @ lemmings still trying to argue it's 640p from a using a freking internet fourm for their source.

but it doesnt look worse nor does it have more jaggies. The people who said it runs 640p have never been wrong even when they said halo3 doesnt run native 720p and nobody believed them because they took the words of bungie who kept it secret for a month. The ps3 version is upscaled from 640 to 720p

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 horrowhip

You know the Quaz guy is the one who got DMC and H3's res right? (I'm pretty sure it was him)SSCyborg

He did Halo 3, CoD4, and about 20 other games. He hasn't been wrong. Other people have been wrong(because they weren't doing the pixel count), but not him.

Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73 Fusible
Member since 2005 • 2828 Posts

uh.....if their capturing the video via hardware, its gonna capture exacly whats desplayed on screen...which is upscaled 640p....

so that doesnt prove anything at all.

cobrax25
These guys ran hardware to to see the resolution, not count pixels as these guys did. You guys try to kill a rumor from a rumor to discredit a rumor which in the end is still a rumor to a great game on 2 great consoles.
UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 UnnDunn
Member since 2002 • 3979 Posts

Beyond3D's people capture frames directly from interal framebuffers before any sort of upscaing is applied.

GamesRadar seems to have captured screens from the HDMI port, after upscaling has been applied.

B3D got the rendering resolution (640p). GamesRadar got the output resolution (720p).

Same sitch with Halo 3.

killadread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 killadread

620p>>>420p

angelkimne

So youre just going around saying the version you prefer runs at a better resoloution with out any proof ? How clever.

Well i'm trying to play the lemmings game, what you have a problem with that?

It's not any fun if the lemmings are the only ones who are allowed to spread baseless propaganda, so I decied to give it a try. The 640p claim was refuted by Rockstar, so now all claims by lemming still tring to state that the PS3 version is still 640p is baseless. Why don't you try to be clever and go jump down some of the lemmings throwts who keep argue that the resolution is still 640p when the makers of the game have said that this is not ture.

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

[QUOTE="SSCyborg"]You know the Quaz guy is the one who got DMC and H3's res right? (I'm pretty sure it was him)horrowhip

He did Halo 3, CoD4, and about 20 other games. He hasn't been wrong. Other people have been wrong(because they weren't doing the pixel count), but not him.

And linking to another thread, on GT of all places... Geez

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#77 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
[QUOTE="angelkimne"]

620p>>>420p

killadread

It's not any fun if the lemmings are the only ones who are allowed to spread baseless propaganda, so I decied to give it a try. The 640p claim was refuted by Rockstar, so now all claims by lemming still tring to state that the PS3 version is still 640p is baseless. Why don't you try to be clever and go jump down some of the lemmings throwts who keep argue that the resolution is still 640p when the makers of the game have said that this is not ture.

Smoke,owned.

CubanBlunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 CubanBlunt
Member since 2005 • 2025 Posts

[QUOTE="bayareahusla"]well if the ps3 version is worse with the problems with gta then the 360 is worse with the RROD right?Pietrooper

Both have problems, PS3 has extra problems with PSN though.

I got online with no problem

ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ParadiddleFill
[QUOTE="angelkimne"]

620p>>>420p

killadread

but its not baseless propaganda the website that counted the pixels of both the versions have not been wrong about any game they claimed was not 720 native this includes halo3.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
Why all the bickering about whose version looks better when you can just go to gametrailers and watch the side by side comparason for yourselves?
UpSwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 UpSwing
Member since 2004 • 3384 Posts

Ummmm, that link does NOTHING to disprove that the PS3 version is 720p. Infact you can't Disprove GTA IV PS3 being native 640p, because it already been Proven as FACT. The PS3 version being 640p was NEVER a "Rumor."

It's true that the pS3 version outputs at 720p, but that is AFTER it is upscalled.

How do you think they found out about it being 604p to begin with? The guys over at Beyond3D Ripped imges STRAIGHT FROM THE PS3's FRAMEBUFFER.

This thread only dramatically illustrates how few of you have any clue what you're talking about.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
Guys, im sorry but at the end of the day, Game's Dev > All other sources. I mean if anyone is to know, its the people who made the damn game. I agree that it would not be a good PR move to admit it, but u need to realize that they cant just flatout lie as there are consequences too that are far worse than just admitting. So until Rockstar says otherwise, im just gonna stick with PS3 version = 720p
ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 ParadiddleFill

Guys, im sorry but at the end of the day, Game's Dev > All other sources. I mean if anyone is to know, its the people who made the damn game. I agree that it would not be a good PR move to admit it, but u need to realize that they cant just flatout lie as there are consequences too that are far worse than just admitting. So until Rockstar says otherwise, im just gonna stick with PS3 version = 720pII_Seraphim_II

so then i guess you were tricked into thinking halo3 was 720 native because thats what bungie claimed

killadread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 killadread

READ THIS LEMMINGS

"Quaz who admits to only owning the Xbox 360 version of the game, speculates the PS3 version of GTA IV runs at 640p all from studying raw screenshot output sent to him from Dot50cal (another Beyond3D poster)."

"Gameradar also confirmed GTA IV to be running in 720p when they were able to capture raw-output video straight in 720p from both versions."

"it is also discussed in Beyond3D forum, raw output ensures the video does not get "up-scaled"

"Rockstar themselves confirmed both Xbox and PS3 versions to be running in native 720p back in previous issue of EGM during an interview when asked if GTA IV would be running 1080p native"

DONE/

ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ParadiddleFill

READ THIS LEMMINGS

"Quaz who admits to only owning the Xbox 360 version of the game, speculates the PS3 version of GTA IV runs at 640p all from studying raw screenshot output sent to him from Dot50cal (another Beyond3D poster)."

"Gameradar also confirmed GTA IV to be running in 720p when they were able to capture raw-output video straight in 720p from both versions."

"it is also discussed in Beyond3D forum, raw output ensures the video does not get "up-scaled"

"Rockstar themselves confirmed both Xbox and PS3 versions to be running in native 720p back in previous issue of EGM during an interview when asked if GTA IV would be running 1080p native"

DONE/

killadread

where is your link to back up any of this?

killadread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 killadread

Ummmm, that link does NOTHING to disprove that the PS3 version is 720p. Infact you can't Disprove GTA IV PS3 being native 640p, because it already been Proven as FACT. The PS3 version being 640p was NEVER a "Rumor."

It's true that the pS3 version outputs at 720p, but that is AFTER it is upscalled.

How do you think they found out about it being 604p to begin with? The guys over at Beyond3D Ripped imges STRAIGHT FROM THE PS3's FRAMEBUFFER.

This thread only dramatically illustrates how few of you have any clue what you're talking about.

UpSwing

FAILED!!!

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#87 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
Please, put fanboyism aside and look at the facts. The pixels have been counted and the PS3 is running GTA4 in 640p It doesn't matter what Rockstar say, it doesn't matter what anyone else says. THE PIXEL COUNT IS 640P. Now, PLEASE go back and play GTA because it is a masterpiece and stop arguing about what resolution it is on a forum...Sheesh!
UpSwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 UpSwing

Guys, im sorry but at the end of the day, Game's Dev > All other sources. I mean if anyone is to know, its the people who made the damn game. I agree that it would not be a good PR move to admit it, but u need to realize that they cant just flatout lie as there are consequences too that are far worse than just admitting. So until Rockstar says otherwise, im just gonna stick with PS3 version = 720pII_Seraphim_II

Well then you'd be wrong.

The guys over at Beyond3D have done this LITERALLY HUNDREDS of times. Do you think Halo 3 was the first time they had ever found out a games TRUE resolution? And were they wrong about Halo 3 being 640p? No. How about COD 4 being 600p? Were they wrong there either? No, ofcourse not. - THEY ARE NOT GUESSING

stiltzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 stiltzsy
Member since 2008 • 1486 Posts
Where is a link to where R* refuted what Quaz has said? Remember the other games that Quaz has found to be running sub-720 also *claimed* to be 720p. And either kept quiet about it or admitted it weeks/months down the road. I doubt R* will say anyting about this anytime soon. Unless PS3 is running at 720P and then they would come out quickly and fix this rumor. But if they are quiet in response it means it's most likely true.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 II_Seraphim_II

READ THIS LEMMINGS

DONE/

killadread

The majority of ppl posting havent even clicked the link :?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

Why go over to gametrailers and watch the side by side comparason when you can argue with opinions here?

:lol:

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts
[QUOTE="UpSwing"]

killadread

FAILED!!!

It doesn't matter if it's a screenshot, man. That won't make a difference. Why do you keep failing to understand this?

UpSwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 UpSwing

Some of you don't seem to Get it. This isn't just some random guy on some randomforum who found out the PS3 version TRUE resolution. They have ben doing EXACTLY this kind of thing fora LONG time.

Here is a listing of all the games they have tested and found their TRUE resolution - Just so you understand the SCOPE of their experience.

Playstation 3

Army of Two = 1280x720 (no AA)
Assassin's Creed = 1280x720 (QAA)
Beowulf = 1280x720 (no AA)
Call of Duty 3 (screenshot) ~1088x624 (2x AA)
Call of Duty 4 = 1024x600 (2x AA)
Cars Mater-National = 1280x720 (QAA), 1920x1080 (QAA)
Conan (demo) = 1024x576 (no AA)
Condemned 2 = 1280x720 (no AA)
Conflict: Denied Ops = 1280x720 (no AA) or 960x1080
Dark Sector = 1152x640 (no AA)
Def Jam Icon (screenshot) = 1152x648 (no AA)
Devil May Cry 4 = 1280x720 (2xAA, temporal)
Fifa Street 3 = 1920x1080 (no AA)
Full Auto 2 (demo) = 1920x1080 (4x AA)
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 = 1280x720
Golden Compass = 1280x720 (no AA)
Grand Theft Auto IV = 1152x640 (no AA)
GT5 Prologue (demo) = 1280x1080 (2x AA) - garage/pit/showroom is 1920x1080 with no AA or 1280x720 with 4xAA
Guitar Hero 3 = 1040x585 (no AA)
Heavenly Sword = 1280x720 (4xAA)
Jericho (demo) = 996x560 (2x AA)
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights = 1280x720 (QAA)
Lair = 800x1080 (2xAA) - AA buffers are merged to produce 1600x1080 for further scaling
Lost Planet = 1280x720 (temporal 2xAA)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (screenshot) = 1920x1080 (no AA)
MLB08: The Show = 1280x720 (2xAA, The rendering window is adjustable down to 576p without upscaling to 720p i.e. the frame has black borders)
MX vs ATV (demo) = 1024x576 (no AA)
NBA07 (demo) = 1920x1080 (no AA)
NBA08 (demo) = 1920x1080 (no AA)
NBA Street Home court (screenshot) = 1920x1080 (no AA)
NFL Tour = 1280x720 (no AA, poor framerate)
Ninja Gaiden: Sigma = 1280x720 (has weird scaling to support 1080p)
Pirates des Caraibes (screenshot) = 768x1080 (no AA)
960x720 en mode 720p
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 = 1280x720 (QAA)
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction = 1280x704 (2xAA, centered on 720p output)
Ridge Racer 7 (demo) = 1920x1080 (no AA)
SEGA: Superstars Tennis = 1280x720 (QAA, 30fps)
Skate = 1280x720 (no AA)
Soldier of Fortune: Payback = 1280x720 (no AA)
The Darkness (demo) = 1024x576 (no AA)
Tony Hawk's Project 8 = 1280x720
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground (demo) = 1024x576 (no AA)
Transformers (screenshot) = 960x1080 (no AA)
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty = 1280x720 (no AA)
Turok = 1280x720 (no AA)
Viking: Battle for Asgard = 960x720 (2xAA) - AA buffers are merged to a 1920x720 framebuffer, which is then downscaled to 1280x720
Virtua Fighter 5 (screenshot) = 1024x1024 (no AA)
1024x768 en mode 1080p
Virtua Tennis 3 (demo) = 1920x1080 (2x AA)
WWE 08 (screenshot) = ? 640x720 ? (2x AA)
les edges ont l'aparence du 1280x720 mais d'apres certain artefact il semble que ce soit le resultat de la fusion de 2 buffers MSAA 640x720
translation StefanS: "The edges give the impression of being 1280x720p, but because of a certain artefact it seems as if it's the result of the fusion of 2 MSAA buffers of resolution 640x720"
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Unreal Tournament III = 1280x720 (no AA)

PSN GAMES

Blast Factor = 1920x1080 (no AA)
Calling All Cars (screenshot) = 1920x1080 (4x AA)
Echochrome = 1920x1080 (2xAA)
Go Puzzle = 1920x1080
GTHD = 1440x1080 (no AA)
Selection des vehicules en 1920x1080
Locoroco Cocoreccho = 1920x1080 (2x AA)
Mainichi Issyo = 1440x1080 (4xAA)
Pixel Junk Monsters = 1920x1080
Pixel Junk Racers = 1920x1080
Rocketmen = 1920x1080 (2xAA)
Rub'a'dub = 1600x1080 (no AA)
Snakeball = 1280x1080 (no AA)
Stardust HD = 1280x1080 (no AA)
Sudoku = 1920x1080
Super Rub-a-Dub = 1600x1080
Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection (screenshot) = 1920x1080 (no AA)

Xbox 360

Army of Two = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Assassin's Creed = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Beowulf = 1280x720 (4xAA)
Bioshock = 1280x720 (no AA)
Burnout: Paradise = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Call of Duty 3 (screenshot) = 1040x624 (2xAA)
Call of Duty 4 (screenshot) = 1024x600 (2xAA)
Cars Mater-National = 1280x720 (4xAA)
Conan (demo) = 1024x576 (no AA)
Condemned 2 = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Conflict: Denied Ops (demo) = 1280x720p (2xAA)
Dark Sector = 1280x720 (no AA)
Devil May Cry 4 = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Fifa 2006 (demo) = 1024x576 (2xAA)
Fifa 2007 (demo) = 1200x675 (no AA)
Fifa Street 3 = 1920x1080 (4xAA)
Gears of War = 1280x720 (HD), 960x720 (SD) (2xAA on static objects?)
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Golden Compass = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Grand Theft Auto IV = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Guitar Hero 3 = 1280x720 (no AA)
Halo 3 = 1152x640 (no AA)
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Lost Planet = 1280x720 (up to 4x MSAA dependent on framerate)
Mass Effect = 1280x720 (2xAA sometimes)
MotoGP 2006(screenshot) = 1280x1024 (framebuffer grab from AVS Forum member)
MX vs ATV = 1280x720 (no AA)
NBA Street Home court (demo) = 1920x1080 (4xAA)
NCAA Football 08 (demo) = 1024x600 (2xAA)
NFL Tour = 1280x720 (4xAA, 60fps)
Oblivion (screenshot) = 1024x600 (2xAA)
Perfect Dark Zero (demo) = 1152x640 (no AA)
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (demo) = 1024x576 (2xAA)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 = 1280x720 (4xAA)
Project Gotham Racing 3 (demo) = 1024x600 (2xAA)
Project Gotham Racing 4 = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 = 1280x720 (2xAA)
Ridge Racer 6 (demo) = 1440x810 (no AA)
SEGA: Superstars Tennis = 1280x720 (2xAA, 30fps)
Skate = 1280x720 (2xAA ? )
Soldier of Fortune: Payback = 1280x720 (4xAA sometimes)
Splinter Cell Double Agent = 1280x720 (4xAA) (developer)
The Club = 1280x720 (4xAA)
Tomb Raider Legend (demo) = 1024x600 (2xAA)
Tony Hawk's Project 8 (screenshot) = 1040x585 (2xAA)
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground = 1280x720
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty = 1280x720 (no AA)
Turok = 1280x720 (no AA)
Virtua Figther 5 (demo) = 1024x1024 (4xAA)
Virtua Tennis 3 (demo) = 1920x1080 (2xAA)

XBL GAMES

Boogie Bunnies = 1920x1080 (4xAA)

killadread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 killadread
[QUOTE="killadread"]

READ THIS LEMMINGS

DONE/

ParadiddleFill

where is your link to back up any of this?

:lol: on the fist post lemming. You'd lknow that if you'd actually read it before you started posting in this thread.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

lol this is awesome the cows are now well we have this one site that say this?

lol how is that any better then the lemmings? come on really the lemmings have beyond3d *a much more trustworthy site based on history then gamesradar* and the cows now have gamesradar..lol one says no, the other says yes. and trust a developer? sorry but wasn't it infinity ward that confirmed both versions 360 and ps3 to be running at 720p? and that turned out to be false?

Sorry its still a matter of one source claims yes, the other claims no.

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TOAO_Cyrus1
Member since 2004 • 2895 Posts

READ THIS LEMMINGS

DONE/

killadread

Uh that's from the gametrailers forum which is not reliable. Devs often lie about native resolution and beyond3d has never been wrong. That gamesradar thing is just laughable, they obviously have no technical knowledge since all they did was compare screenshots and didn't see any difference which doesn't prove anything. The guys at beyond3d don't compare screenshots and look for differences, they can determine the resolution be counting the pixels, even an unscaled image is obvious if you zoom in.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 II_Seraphim_II

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]Guys, im sorry but at the end of the day, Game's Dev > All other sources. I mean if anyone is to know, its the people who made the damn game. I agree that it would not be a good PR move to admit it, but u need to realize that they cant just flatout lie as there are consequences too that are far worse than just admitting. So until Rockstar says otherwise, im just gonna stick with PS3 version = 720pUpSwing

The guys over at Beyond3D have done this LITERALLY HUNDREDS of times. Do you think Halo 3 was the first time they had ever found out a games TRUE resolution? And were they wrong about Halo 3 being 640p? No. How about COD 4 being 600p? Were they wrong there either? No, ofcourse not. - THEY ARE NOT GUESSING

OK, please link me to the time when Rockstar was incorrect about the specs of THEIR OWN PRODUCT. Thats like taking the word of you local science teacher over that of Stephen Hawkings when it comes to Theoretical Physics. While i appreciate that the people at Beyond3D are talented, its borderline stupid to believe that they would know more about the technical specifications of GTA4 more than the people who actually made the game.

If you were to bake a cake, and I said "this is a great looking chocolate cake!" and you said "actually its vanilla" who would u trust? The person who actually made the cake, or the guy who bought the cake?" yeah think about it. Use your logic for a second and you will realize that despite their credentials, its pretty illogical to take the words of sumone who is a consumer who just got their hands on the game over that of the dev who spent the past 4 years actually building the game from scratch.

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 TOAO_Cyrus1
[QUOTE="UpSwing"]

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]Guys, im sorry but at the end of the day, Game's Dev > All other sources. I mean if anyone is to know, its the people who made the damn game. I agree that it would not be a good PR move to admit it, but u need to realize that they cant just flatout lie as there are consequences too that are far worse than just admitting. So until Rockstar says otherwise, im just gonna stick with PS3 version = 720pII_Seraphim_II

OK, please link me to the time when Rockstar was incorrect about the specs of THEIR OWN PRODUCT. Thats like taking the word of you local science teacher over that of Stephen Hawkings when it comes to Theoretical Physics. While i appreciate that the people at Beyond3D are talented, its borderline stupid to believe that they would know more about the technical specifications of GTA4 more than the people who actually made the game.

If you were to bake a cake, and I said "this is a great looking chocolate cake!" and you said "actually its vanilla" who would u trust? The person who actually made the cake, or the guy who bought the cake?" yeah think about it. Use your logic for a second and you will realize that despite their credentials, its pretty illogical to take the words of sumone who is a consumer who just got their hands on the game over that of the dev who spent the past 4 years actually building the game from scratch.

And when did Infinity Ward and Bungie ever lie before Halo 3 and CoD4? Beyond3d has an impecible record and many devs have been lieing about resolutions so I believe beyond3d. Its also quite obvious in the comparision videos and screenshots.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 II_Seraphim_II

Where is a link to where R* refuted what Quaz has said? Remember the other games that Quaz has found to be running sub-720 also *claimed* to be 720p. And either kept quiet about it or admitted it weeks/months down the road. I doubt R* will say anyting about this anytime soon. Unless PS3 is running at 720P and then they would come out quickly and fix this rumor. But if they are quiet in response it means it's most likely true.stiltzsy

Dude, did you read the link?

if you want you can go get the edition of EGM and check it out yourself...you dont need us to spoonfeed you everything :?

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 TOAO_Cyrus1

[QUOTE="stiltzsy"]Where is a link to where R*refuted what Quaz has said? Remember the other games that Quaz has found to be running sub-720 also *claimed* to be 720p. And either kept quiet about it or admitted it weeks/months down the road. I doubt R* will say anyting about this anytime soon. Unless PS3 is running at 720P and then they would come out quickly and fix this rumor. But if they are quiet in response it means it's most likely true.II_Seraphim_II

Dude, did you read the link?

if you want you can go get the edition of EGM and check it out yourself...you dont need us to spoonfeed you everything :?

I'm willing to bet they never actually said the word native. If they did then well either they were lieing or possibly it was true at the time considering the game was still under development.