Gran Turismo Sport Hype Thread!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zero_epyon

Poll Gran Turismo Sport Hype Thread! (121 votes)

AAAA 12%
AAA 35%
AA 34%
A 20%
No Caption Provided

• 
Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

Game Description

Welcome to the future of motorsports – the definitive motor racing experience is back and better than ever only on PlayStation 4.

Gran Turismo Sport is the world’s first racing experience to be built from the ground up to bring global, online competitions sanctioned by the highest governing body of international motorsports, the FIA (Federation International Automobile). Create your legacy as you represent and compete for your home country or favorite manufacturer through multiple race class, including GT3, Prototype, Rally, and more.

Features

Graphics

Compatible with the best imaging technologies available today, providing 4K, 60fps, HDR and Wide Color. Not only has the output been made to support HDR TV signal formats, a True HDR workflow was specially established in order to maintain true HDR and wide color processing from the initial material capturing processes to the final output. The development actually started with the development of an HDR wide color capture device in cooperation with the Sony Corporation. As a result, not only is the output compatible with HDR TV’s, the images produced achieves a level of realism never seen before, even when viewed on a conventional TV.

Sound

The interior of a car is filled with a variety of sounds, including engine sounds, transmission noise, exhaust sound, road noise, wind noise and more. In Gran Turismo Sport, not only are real world cars are bench tested and recorded in optimal environments, a sound simulator has been developed in collaboration with the audio technology department of Sony Corp in order to recreate an ‘optimal sound’ that even takes into account the mechanism behind human aural recognition.

Cars

From stock cars, race cars to concept cars, a total of over 150 cars have been recreated for the tame.Excluding the CAD data used by automobile makers for their manufacturing, the 3D models created for the game are the highest quality, highest precision models in the world. From the curves of the body, edges, spacing between body panels to the headlights and turn signals, every detail of the car has been precisely recreated.

Tracks

From high speed ovals to an urban expressway, 17 locations are provided with 40 different layouts.From popular real life race circuits, oval tracks, dirt tracks set in nature and an urban expressway based on public roads, a large variety of tracks have been provided in game.
The True HDR workflow has enabled the recreation of light and colors that is true to nature, and it is possible to drive the tracks in a large variety of daylight and sky conditions.

Physics Simulator

The best automotive simulation in GT series history, balancing both realism and ease of drivingIn parallel to the development of its vehicle physics simulation, Gran Turismo has performed technical support for cars racing in the real life Nürburgring 24 hour race as well as the LMP1 class of the Le Mans 24 hour race.
Gran Turismo Sport is equipped with the latest vehicle physics simulation that includes knowledge gained from both the real and the virtual. A physics simulation that is ‘easy to drive because it is realistic’ has been achieved.

Sport Mode

The Sport mode is the future of online racing, proposed by the FIA (Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile) and Gran Turismo. The ‘Advanced Matchmaking System’ matches players with the same level of skill and sportsmanship together, and the BoP (Balance of Performance) will equalize the performance of the race machines, creating a fair and exciting motorsport in an online environment.

Campaign

By taking part in 4 different modes with different objectives including the Driving School where you learn skills for racing, and the Mission Challenge introducing the joy of racing, you're sure to be enthralled by the depth of car racing and driving before you know it. Real life video tutorials are provided for the missions, allowing you to learn strategy for the more difficult challenges. Even beginner racers will learn to progress through the lessons with ease.

Scapes

The ‘Scapes’ feature is a new format of photography, borne from a True HDR workflow and physics based rendering technologies. Each photo spot contains all the light energy information of that scene as data. Even the incredible brightness of the Sun is physically recorded and contained in each of these photos; and because each image also contains spacial information for that scene, it is now possible to ‘place’ cars into real world photographs.

Livery Editor

The ‘livery’ refers to the body colors and designs on the outside of race cars. The highly functional livery editor of Gran Turismo Sport allows the player to freely design the exteriors of their cars. From stock cars to race cars, possibilities for exterior designs are limitless, and these newly created designs can be seen and shared with other players in the game.

VR*Drive

The game is compatible with the PS VR, providing the user a 360 degree 3D environment to experience. There is a dedicated VR Drive mode in the Arcade Mode where you can drive one on one races as though you are really sitting in the driver seat, surrounded by a real car interior.

Release Dates

US: October 17 2017

UK: October 18 2017

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Zero_epyon

Reviews

Gamespot: Coming November 2017

IGN: N/A

GamesRadar: 4/5

DarkStation: 4/5

Eurogamer: Recommended

NDTV: 9/10

Trusted Reviews: 7/10

Giant Bomb: N/A

Playstation Lifestyle: 70

Gaming Trend: 100

MetaCritic: 78

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

AAA.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I probably shouldn't do this since this is Gamespot and all but I'm hyping it AAA.

The demo was very excellent and well polished. It's nice to have PD back again.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

8/10 spot.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 QuadKnight

@Random_Matt said:

8/10 spot.

You're probably right about this. It's most likely gonna get an 8/10 here but based on the quality of the demo I say it's a 9/10 game.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#8 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

8spot sounds about right to me

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

Solid 8, demo was an excellent presentation of what's to come.

Dare I say it's a 9/10 game.

Livery editor is extremely addictive and about as massive as scapes.

Think photoshop on console with the ability to upload images out side of the game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

I'll have to agree with Random_Matt and say Gran Turismo Sport will get a 8/10 due to no offline modes.

I played the demo since around Friday night, the graphics, their better than Project Cars 2. Car models are better than Forza 7 (not counting the PC version) but the tracks and scenery imo stand out more visually than GT Sport. I won't be able to get it this year due to I got like 5 games that are already in lock down and I'm nearly broke! (not to mention, Steam Winter sales is coming)

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

This crap has to be lower than F7.....6/10

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TorqueHappens08

I'll post my indepth review for this thread. Although some people might not like my decision. But it gets into the nitty gritty.

In depth review of both games.

Ending impression:

I've played both, in terms of driving feel and physics, GTSport is the closest you will get to a real sim on a console, the driving physics are phenomenal. Even surpasses asseto corsa and project cars 2.

I will use forza and gt for this comparison.

I drove the two same(ish) cars on the same two tracks.

Porsche 911 GT2 RS For forza 7

Porsche 911 GT3 RS for GTSPORT.

First up forza.

While forza 7 has good handling, however It still leaves alot to be desired, a Porsche is a rear engined car, it has lift off over steer(greatly reduced to nonexistent on newer porsche with 50/50 weight distribution), but has insane ammount of grip when you get back on the throttle, however that's also cured by the incredibly wide and sticky tires on the 911 GT2 RS, however, forza 7 had horrible handling physics when it came to this specific car, almost like the car was constantly sliding around with inadequate tires, rather than its super sticky cup tires, the GT2 Would wildly fish tail out of control at the slightest touch of the throttle, and was genuinely uncontrolable, a mix between horizon 3 and forza 6 physics trying very hard to replicate loss of lateral grip which is dramatically over done, while the driving is decent(on a wheel) the controller is nearly impossible, as you will constantly find yourself fishtailing out of control and or under steering into corners and rewinding..over..and over, I recommend starting with a fwd car to build up your driving technique as this title is still no simple "arcade", but even there the physics for fwd are still abit wonky.

I'm left with a feeling that it feels very numb, cars tend to feel the same. Such as the Porsche to a 500hp rx7, it's a somewhat bland feeling, almost "floaty" and thats not a good thing at all. 6/10

To me, horizon 3 feels much better, a good mix, where as forza motorsport is trying way to hard and overdoing the basics. It's a step down from forza 6's driving mechanics, but a step above forza 5.

GTSport:

Where do I begin? The driving model is not to be outdone, you can really feel the dedication that went into the driving model, simple things like pitching suspension movements, shock compressions, leaning and suspension movements are replicated to a T this was slightly missing from forza 7, the Porsche on GT Handled like you would expect of a track prepped Porsche to handel, manageable but temperamental when pushed over the limit, the grippy standard tires gripped through corners with little drama, you could really push the car to it's limits to shave off those milliseconds, the suspension squeaks and rattles add to the immersion, the car feels natural, weighty and alive, planted and firm as it ate up the apex and found the best lines. Gtsport's driving model is a force to be reckoned with, nearly up there with the likes of true Sims like I Racing 9/10.

As for mechanical damage, both games preformed about the same, with forza 7 pulling on top, both cars became nearly unrivalled, forza 7 nearly kills the engine, where as GT limits you to a certain speed, both games feature suspension damage, brake damage, steering damage. Forza being a bit more polished while GT Is rough around the edges. However neither title touches PC2 where you can completely blow your engine. Your transmission or sheer all your wheels off your car after one accident.

Overall I like both, I hold forza and gt close to my heart as I have religiously played both respective titles.

However GT gets the clear win this time around, the driving is phenomenal, the HDR Is eye blisteringly beautiful, PD took their time with this title and it oozes quality... and near ocd level attention to detail.

My hats off to polyphony digital.

From eurogamer:

"That 'Sport' suffix for the series' PlayStation 4 debut sets an expectation which this new Gran Turismo happily meets. The online racing is several steps beyond what's gone before and, judging from a few days with the generous demo that's been live this week, Polyphony Digital has fulfilled one of its main objectives for this new game. Gran Turismo Sport really does feel like an 'iRacing lite' for consoles."

Sounds like we have a winner.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#15 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

Played the demo. 7 or 8 max.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

I was thinking 6/10 but the demo turns it into a 8/10. The demo screams this is actually the GT game and the online racer you have been waiting for. Just comes with the cost of content and dynamic racing conditions. Maybe a 9 if there will be more offline racing challenges like the endurance race the demo had. I walked away saying holly shit is this really GT AI.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#17  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I liked the demo alot. 8/10.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#18  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Hearing alot of really good things from the demo. It's focused, polished and seems to know what it is set out to do; while providing the tools to get there. Personally, I think that's what the GT games have lacked in the past.

But going for 8/10, even though getting someone here to review a simcade or sim is just as bad than them reviewing a Fighting Game.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

9/10

Watch GS go into meltdown, lems that is.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

Another classic from Sony incoming.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

No single player career? 7/10. Take out the one thing in GT I always loved.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

I'm guessing 8/10 because of lack of career mode. Everything else looks like a winner and it seems GT is about to take the console sim racing crown back.

Also, nice hype thread!

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

AAA

GT is back and better than ever, pushing the genre forward by focusing the single player aspects into improving player skill with top tier racing / handling physics, a robust online and customization features and an unprecedented partnership with FIA to bridge the divide between sim and real world racing.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Can't vote, not sure I could hazard a guess. I imagine they'll say it's good for the crowd it's aimed at, but it might not be for the average GT gamer. It has an emphasis on one particular side of GT. It might be good though.

If Turn 10 released a FM game that was mostly about online play, it wouldn't be for me as an FM fan.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zero_epyon

Man I wish I could stomach VR!

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TorqueHappens08

@Zero_epyon: "too real" ign 3/10

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@Zero_epyon: The PSVR compatibility looks awesome! Very nice visuals. As for stomaching it, it just takes a little getting used to. Unless you're really, really susceptible to motion sickness.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#28  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

Have you tried PS4 VR? I too get sick watching certain videos of VR on my TV while someone else is playing. But once you are in actual VR with the headset on it is a lot different and I don't get sick from it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BassMan

@Zero_epyon said:

What's up with the shadows flickering?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Probably AA. They will compliment the graphics but take issue with missing features standard to the genre.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zero_epyon

@TorqueHappens08: but they're 9GN lol. Would they be able to resist?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zero_epyon

@reduc_ab_: I do get a little motion sick but my real issue it having the screens so close to my eyes. I'm very sensitive to flicker and it gives me headaches. Then that triggers the stomach.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zero_epyon

@strategyfn: I tried a vive at work a couple of times. I know it's not the same but I started feeling odd and had to stop shortly after I started.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3025 Posts

Wait up. This is PSVR compatible? Oh hell yea!

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

No career mode, doesn't deserve more than a 6.

So for that I will pass, and continue playing Forza 7.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zero_epyon

@BassMan said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Don't know. Might be a VR thing.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

8/10

Recently went from no hype to kinda interested. I don't play racing games enough to justify buying both, so I thought Forza would surely be getting my money this time. Now I'm not so sure.

Ok, I'm probably getting Forza because PC. Would be a harder choice if I had a PS4 Pro though.

Edit: Doh, voted AAA in the poll lol.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Gamespot (and a couple of other sites) will probably score it a couple of points higher than it should be... so I'm expecting an 8/10 probably. But overall it'll be around a 6-7/10 I think.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@Zero_epyon said:

@reduc_ab_: I do get a little motion sick but my real issue it having the screens so close to my eyes. I'm very sensitive to flicker and it gives me headaches. Then that triggers the stomach.

Gotcha. Yeah, if you're consistently getting nasty headaches then VR might not be for you. There is a possibility however that the screen's brightness is the culprit. On the PSVR (I don't know about the other headsets), you can lower the screen contrast considerably without it actually looking dark, which for some eliminates headaches. Also, pupil distance adjustment can help.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@BassMan said:
@Zero_epyon said:

When you look at VR clips, you're looking at an output on a monitor or TV screen. There are often many glitch-ish visual elements that are not present visibly inside of the actual headset. AKA the two little screens in front of your eyes look a lot better than what you see on the TV/monitor. This is an issue with presenting VR games; the best way is to have the person put on a headset and see for themselves, which is not always viable, obviously.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BassMan

@reduc_ab_: That is a straight up bug/glitch with the shadows. I remember similar issues with the original Project Cars and Assetto Corsa on PC when using VR. They got fixed after.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

Betterthanforza/10

8/10

Fuuucccckkkk, are these gifs of VR legit? That's freaking awesome.

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TorqueHappens08

@Chutebox: yep.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 QuadKnight

@Zero_epyon said:

Only one more day to go.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

AAA for me no hype for me for GT online sports

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Zero_epyon: Congrats Zero on showing some balls as the hardcore cows are to scared to put up the hype thread lol.

Put me down for a 10, anything less is a flop. I've been told that EVERYONE who's played the demo said it was great, I've also been told that EVERY preview has been positive, so this is an easy 10.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#48 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

@i_p_daily: you are so funny.. I swaer post of the day

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

GS 9.0 but if the exact same game with no campaign, sparse content and had Forza on the box.... 5.0 if that. :P

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

Trying to find out how to download the demo. I go to the GTSport page in the PS Store but when I scroll down I don't see any demo section :x.

@i_p_daily said:

@Zero_epyon: Congrats Zero on showing some balls as the hardcore cows are to scared to put up the hype thread lol.

Put me down for a 10, anything less is a flop. I've been told that EVERYONE who's played the demo said it was great, I've also been told that EVERY preview has been positive, so this is an easy 10.

So you're voting PS4 exclusive GTSport to be 20% better than what you voted your most hyped game of the year to be; that being the latest game from your favorite franchise (Forza) on your favorite platform (xbox)?

So you vote an 8 for your most hyped game Forza 7 in it's hype thread but a 10 here for GTSport a serise you don't play and are known say is worse than Forza? lol talk about "showing balls".

lol someone should really have a discussion about xbox fans having higher expectations and standards for Sony games than their own games they praise as the best ever, now this is some serious pre-emptive damage control if I've ever seen it.

You just don't see posts that are any more ironic or hypocritical than @i_p_daily

@i_p_daily said:
9's everywhere but here, i'd say an 8 here, maybe a 7 if Miguel is reviewing it as he needs his replay's at 60fps
@i_p_daily said:
LOL, good one dav, 10's are saved for walking simulators & movie games. Forza needs some QTE's to get a 10.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/forza-motorsport-7-hype-thread-33406123/?page=1

then in GTSport Hype

@i_p_daily said:

Put me down for a 10, anything less is a flop...

....and then goes on to talk about showing balls LMAO

Man funny stuff