• 436 results
Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zero_epyon

Poll Gran Turismo Sport Hype Thread! (121 votes)

AAAA 12%
AAA 35%
AA 34%
A 20%
No Caption Provided

• 
QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#201 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@xantufrog said:

What's interesting to me is all the poor user reviews for both this and Forza 7.

Butthurt fanboys and trolls.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#202 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@xantufrog said:

What's interesting to me is all the poor user reviews for both this and Forza 7.

Trolls on many sides...on many sides....

lmao awesome :P

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Looks like there's a 12gb update to do before you can even install the 60gb game...lol

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#204 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Heard Peter Brown talking about GT Sport on Giant Bombcast, and it does not sound great

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts
@quadknight said:
@xantufrog said:

You can actually see most putting a 0 on GT put a 10 on Forza and viceversa. The good thing is that I think the average ends up being sort of accurate because most of the fanboys cancel each other out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

@MonsieurX:

Looks like it's a no-buy. You mean to tell me games no longer work out of the box?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Looks like there's a 12gb update to do before you can even install the 60gb game...lol

It's a good thing too. I tried playing the game before the patch and it was actually a bit choppy. Compare this, though, to Forza 7's 50GB patch plus the 45 GB install. This is how games are going to work until they can fit on disk.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@heirren said:

@MonsieurX:

Looks like it's a no-buy. You mean to tell me games no longer work out of the box?

But console players told me consoles are plug and play :(

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#209  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@drlostrib said:

Heard Peter Brown talking about GT Sport on Giant Bombcast, and it does not sound great

What he say?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

@MonsieurX:

Seems that'd no longer the case unless it's nintendo.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@Ant_17 said:
@drlostrib said:

What he say?

That the actual driving is good but a lot of the rest of the game has problems, probably because of the FIA stuff. And some criticism of the amount and types of cars

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#212  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

70 on PlayStation Lifestyle..

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Zero_epyon

http://gamingtrend.com/feature/reviews/racing-triumph-demands-an-audience-gran-turismo-sport-review/

First perfect score

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#214 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

http://gamingtrend.com/feature/reviews/racing-triumph-demands-an-audience-gran-turismo-sport-review/

First perfect score

Im sure it is a great game, but that review was creepy.

Like i could hear him licking the PS4 case as I read it :P

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Zero_epyon

@navyguy21 said:
@Zero_epyon said:

First perfect score

Im sure it is a great game, but that review was creepy.

Like i could hear him licking the PS4 case as I read it :P

lol could have been a GT fanboy. Not going to pretend they don't exist.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#216 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Damn under 80 from Playstation Universe and Playstation Lifestyle

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#217 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Personally I have no issues with an online-only game, TitanFall was one of my favorites of this gen and it was online-only. Loved Overwatch. I'm sure if Forza came out with an online-only E-sports focused title, I would be all over it. I would have some expectations however, and the features and content needs to be there. I love playing competitively online and I probably spend more than half of my gaming time doing just that.

But reading some of the comments(not just here, on the internet I mean, comments posted on reviews etc.) shows a lot of hypocrisy. I mean Forza 6 and 7 both cater to Esports, Gears 4 is heavily focused on Esports, Halo 5 as well, Forza Horizon 3 as well....but none of them removed their usual Single Player campaigns. Halo 5 and Gears 4 got demolished on the internet just because their campaigns felt inferior to before(maybe in Halo 5, but I thought the Gears 4 was awesome actually).

I cannot begin to imagine the reaction of the internet if any of these high-profile Microsoft games ditched the campaigns completely. I usually evaluate these things on a case by case basis, and while I agree Gran Tourismo Sport has a lot of cool qualities, what I read(especially IGN early impressions) is that the online content is limited both in tracks, features, and cars. It is not just about the missing campaign. Furthermore, you have to take into account the development time of this game and what you are getting out of it, and what price they are asking(it took them apparently 4 years to come up with this, how long will it take them to add extra content?).

As it stands, I think the biggest issue with this game is that they are asking full price. Otherwise, it looks decent and I think that over time if they keep refining it and adding extra content, it should be great for the fans. Just my 2 cents as a big fan of racers and online gaming in general.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#218 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

Kaz loves babyback, Shuei loves ballbag, it's babybackballbag yeeaahh!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Zero_epyon

So I was playing GT and the servers were down for maintenance. Uh oh I said to myself. I figured I play anyway, got nothing else to do. Messed with some settings, tuning, won a few races then tried to reconnect. It actually saved my progress to the server. So now I'm confused because I thought your offline progress would be ignored if the server was down. That doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe it was before release?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

So I was playing GT and the servers were down for maintenance. Uh oh I said to myself. I figured I play anyway, got nothing else to do. Messed with some settings, tuning, won a few races then tried to reconnect. It actually saved my progress to the server. So now I'm confused because I thought your offline progress would be ignored if the server was down. That doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe it was before release?

Maybe it connected while you were playing before you turned your system off? I don't know. It's pretty damn lame if it really doesn't save.

jimmydonegood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By jimmydonegood
Member since 2015 • 188 Posts

When playstation fanboy sites rate this game low, you just know its garbage.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Ant_17

@Chutebox said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Maybe it connected while you were playing before you turned your system off? I don't know. It's pretty damn lame if it really doesn't save.

OR it means it won't save if you never go online.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#224 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

Worst case scenario 5/10

Best case scenario 7/10

It will flop here regardless.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Hm, reading some of the reviews so far it really doesn't sound like it's a bad game - in fact it sounds like the racing and visuals are both quite good. Sounds like reviewers are reacting negatively to the online sport focus of the game itself. I get that... but it does seem a bit like docking points for the game being different rather than bad at what it is.

Nevertheless, the traditional racer design with offline play is definitely what I personally would go for

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@xantufrog said:

Hm, reading some of the reviews so far it really doesn't sound like it's a bad game - in fact it sounds like the racing and visuals are both quite good. Sounds like reviewers are reacting negatively to the online sport focus of the game itself. I get that... but it does seem a bit like docking points for the game being different rather than bad at what it is.

Nevertheless, the traditional racer design with offline play is definitely what I personally would go for

Another thing I noticed was that most only played a couple hours; and here I was thinking 18 hours seemed awfully short for Gamespot's Forza 7 review.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Inside Sim Racing's Review. Probably the best review so far as you would expect....

Loading Video...

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Zero_epyon

@quadknight: that guy reminds me of Vick from red vs blue.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@jimmydonegood said:

When playstation fanboy sites rate this game low, you just know its garbage.

GTS has 78 MC score which is OK. Garbage is something like below 50/100. Calling something garbage with 78 MC score is extreme.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

@i_p_daily:

You're coming along quite nicely young padawan. I'm enjoying your antics. Keep it comin. lol :P

Hey now enough with the young BS :P

@cainetao11 said:
@i_p_daily said:

@Zero_epyon: I never said it was now did I?

I said there were cows hyping it a 10 or it's a flop, so im just having some fun in return.

It seems that lex can only see my comments in the Forza thread and not the cows, and he can try and play neutral all he wants, but he's a cow and one who gets upset easily lol.

So yeah keep me down for a big ol 10, it's a 10 or a flop baby :P

Lexx tries to play neutral?!! That guy ONLY gets uppity if Cows or Sony is perceived to be slighted. Come out of the fanboy closet then. He's very much a cow.

Yeah we see through his BS, I bet he's an alt also who just pops in every now and then in the hope he doesn't get caught lol.

Like I said to him in another thread, he needs to bring it if he wants to take on me, none of that weak sauce he's been bringing :(

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@sirdad said:
@xantufrog said:

Just because it's different doesn't grant it a free pass. By the way people and reviewers are reacting the changes and omissions are not something good therefore they are inherently negative. It could be the best functioning racer in existence but that won't save it from questionable design and cohesion that overall tarnishes its strengths.

It's like forcing yourself to date an ugly girl with an amazing personality, it's always going to be a problem no matter how awesome she is.

I think the major issue is they didn't market it for what it is. I mean pricing and everything. Market tried to play coy with it for obvious reasons as it would sell to a very niche audience. I watched Giant Bomb quick look video, gotta say i have never seen them so confused and completely lack of knowledge for the thing they are previewing. Jeff wondering at one point why this is so serious and what the people that this is made for think about it. If they came clean then media would review it for what it is and not compare it to the past games.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@ellos: that's what I was driving at. Not looking to excuse truly inexplicable omissions, but this was not built to be a main-line GT game (and that was pretty obvious from the reveal and I remember that's how previewers were describing it) and reading between the lines it kinda sounds like it's good at what it WAS built to be...

IDK, I wouldn't slam SF because it lacks a weapon inventory and a campaign map like Soul Calibur - yes, they are both fighting games, but they aren't the same TYPE of fighting game.

Still, although I have no current plans to buy F7, as I mentioned it would be the one I personally would choose if deciding between these two options

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

WTF, GS trying to give cows time to change the AAA polling to AA to avoid flippy floppers? :P

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Ant_17

@SecretPolice said:

WTF, GS trying to give cows time to change the AAA polling to AA to avoid flippy floppers? :P

Seems we get a lot of time, lol

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/our-gran-turismo-review-wont-hit-until-november-he/1100-6454198/

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts
@Ant_17 said:
@SecretPolice said:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/our-gran-turismo-review-wont-hit-until-november-he/1100-6454198/

Kudos to GS, that's quite fair and professional. Not many times a gaming site makes an effort to review a game properly missing the clicks from the first days hype.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Zero_epyon

@Ant_17 said:
@SecretPolice said:

That's the smart way to review this game. This is great news.

Incoming AAAAE :p

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@quadknight: Let me guess, you found the one review that calls it the racing game of the generation because it's some guy that loves MP? Lol.

Anyway if people want a MP focused racing game then GTS sounds good. But I certainly wouldn't buy it...

shurns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 shurns
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@quadknight: Let me guess, you found the one review that calls it the racing game of the generation because it's some guy that loves MP? Lol.

Anyway if people want a MP focused racing game then GTS sounds good. But I certainly wouldn't buy it...

To be honest, I bought every GT game, except for GT6, because of the disappointment GT5 left me. But I must say in some ways I'm glad it went in a different direction, since there's been many criticisms about GT having the same thing over and over again. The game being focused online should've been announced from the start. Other than that, I may pick this up next month and buy a wheel for it.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts
@quadknight said:
@xantufrog said:

This and the fact that a lot of gamers generally like to blast racing games.

I was pretty jarred when I heard that this is basically an Overwatch or Titanfall like online racing game with regulation from the FIA, but it the more I think about it, the more it has me interested. It's a big risk and I think people should applaud PD for trying something new rather than releasing the same game with a little more cars.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@mazuiface: If the old formula is fun, why throw it out and try to replace it? Bad logic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

After hearing Peter Brown on this weeks giantbomb cast it doesn't surprise me that he is waiting until the first actual organised race in November before reviewing.

As that is such an enormous part of the game and pretty much all time playing the game until that race is just practice for that race. If it turns out to be dogshit then that's going to be worth mentioning in the review.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Ant_17

@Wasdie said:

@mazuiface: If the old formula is fun, why throw it out and try to replace it? Bad logic.

Maybe cause there are already more sim racers then when GT6 came out?

Pcars, Asserto and Forza are just the ones you can get on consoles. All offer single player. Maybe they want to stand out from them, since Asserto if left last out those 3.

shurns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 shurns
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

@Wasdie said:

I think people got tired of the old formula, which is one of the reasons GT5 and GT6 received negative criticisms in the first place. I disliked both titles personally.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

I think it's weird you have to give an email address to play online and agree to a EULA that if you do not play with sportsman like behave they can ban you.

They're taking it seriously.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Wasdie  Moderator

@Ant_17 said:
@Wasdie said:

Maybe cause there are already more sim racers then when GT6 came out?

Pcars, Asserto and Forza are just the ones you can get on consoles. All offer single player. Maybe they want to stand out from them, since Asserto if left last out those 3.

They really don't need to stand out from those since the Grand Truismo name carriers the most weight by far.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Wasdie  Moderator

@shurns said:
@Wasdie said:

I think people got tired of the old formula, which is one of the reasons GT5 and GT6 received negative criticisms in the first place. I disliked both titles personally.

GT5 and GT6 received negative criticisms because they were slopping. GT5 in particular was a mess to even navigate in. They also fell way behind Turn 10 with the feeling of progression and general variety of cars, tracks, and gameplay options. GT's online was also way behind what Forza was doing.

Polyphony makes beautiful games that have great driving physics, but they've struggled with the "game" part of the video game for awhile now.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Ant_17

@Wasdie: Maybe it's what you said above. Forza is a better "game" so why bother going againts it anymore.

Cater to the most die hard racing fan that just wants to race and feel like they are a pro driver.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@shurns said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

To be honest, I bought every GT game, except for GT6, because of the disappointment GT5 left me. But I must say in some ways I'm glad it went in a different direction, since there's been many criticisms about GT having the same thing over and over again. The game being focused online should've been announced from the start. Other than that, I may pick this up next month and buy a wheel for it.

That's how I see it as well. I can say the same for God of War series. I was tired of the series after GoW3 due to Kratos being more the same and when I saw everything on the new God of War PS4, it admittedly got me excited for the new GoW game. When it comes to Gran Turismo, there's only so much you can do to a racing sim so going into another direction was probably the best thing they can do. I'll get this when it's on a PSN sale.