Girliest Japanese Male Protagonist?

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

jrpgs are pretty dang weird since all the females are teenage girls that are made to look like sex objects. Heck even the males look like teenage girls. Say what you want about the Gears of War look but at least the females are women instead of children and the males actually look like a male. I would take a male or female Shepard from Mass Effect over any weird jrpg any day.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

jrpgs are pretty dang weird since all the females are teenage girls that are made to look like sex objects. Heck even the males look like teenage girls. Say what you want about the Gears of War look but at least the females are women instead of children and the males actually look like a male. I would take a male or female Shepard from Mass Effect over any weird jrpg any day.

CanYouDiglt

JRPGs tend to pander to the worst kinda of anime lovers IMO, which is why we have stuff like alterier whatever and disagea.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

I even considered Raiden to be a girl when I first saw MGS Rising.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts
Vaan is kinda hot. I'd probably do him. Yeah.
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Kojima is beautifull

beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 beganoo
Member since 2009 • 1642 Posts

Bridget.png

Poison21.jpg

Tidus who ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

CanYouDiglt
Or maybe its just a western perception that this is "feminine or underage" when in reality asian men are smaller and more slender than us on average. Still, don't see why it matters, the best of japanese male leads look as badass (but in very different ways) as the western lead males. I dunno, I'm not even remotely considered weeabo but I prefer Cloud to most western leads. Burly muscle mass and lack of any real emotion and soldier like is always the way foward is it? bores me to death. Shepard is lame, Drake is ok, all the cast of gears of war are awful, master chief has no soul. And please people, majority of fantasy/sci fi western females are chainmail bikini wearings prostitute slappers anyone can play extremes.
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#59 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
Final Fantasy 12 rings a bell.
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

I have a feeling that the Final Fantasy series is being aimed more at girls and metrosexuals, due to the fact that Square Enix have been releasing Final Fantasy fashion wears like clothes and perfumes. Why would anyone buy those?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

I have a feeling that the Final Fantasy series is being aimed more at girls and metrosexuals, due to the fact that Square Enix have been releasing Final Fantasy fashion wears like clothes and perfumes. Why would anyone buy those?

guard12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#62 guard12
Member since 2004 • 2018 Posts

Rofl. Was gonna say Tidus hands down. I see that it has already been said. Good job!

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

MBirdy88
Or maybe its just a western perception that this is "feminine or underage" when in reality asian men are smaller and more slender than us on average. Still, don't see why it matters, the best of japanese male leads look as badass (but in very different ways) as the western lead males. I dunno, I'm not even remotely considered weeabo but I prefer Cloud to most western leads. Burly muscle mass and lack of any real emotion and soldier like is always the way foward is it? bores me to death. Shepard is lame, Drake is ok, all the cast of gears of war are awful, master chief has no soul. And please people, majority of fantasy/sci fi western females are chainmail bikini wearings prostitute slappers anyone can play extremes.

Agree 100%
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 freedomfreak
Shank is hot.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

[snip] Vaan pic [snip]

Would you do me? I'd do me. I'd do me so hard.

tagyhag

Bah beat me to it, and lol at the SotL's reference :lol:

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 rjdofu

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

GD1551

JRPGs tend to pander to the worst kinda of anime lovers IMO, which is why we have stuff like alterier whatever and disagea.

n50681bcabf9eb.jpg

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

rjdofu

n50681bcabf9eb.jpg

Oblivion mod???, because thats an incredibly rare sight in a western rpg.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

rjdofu

n50681bcabf9eb.jpg

You and the person who made that pic are complete idiots :lol: There are very few Japanese games that don't look like a fvcking cross dressing fashion show.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 rjdofu
[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

Jebus213

n50681bcabf9eb.jpg

You and the person who made that pic is a complete idiot :lol:

Awww, are you offended? :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Western Male Image = Be muscular, show no emotion, and have boring hair and fashion. even that is changing slowly. That stereotype is far more common than "feminin" male leads in JRPGs ect. while ok "youth fighting" is more common in japanese games, so what? its fantasy? at least it tries to BE fantasy. not "OMG 90% of my games I am a burly 25-30 elite soldier" Have any of you seen Die Hard 5 yet? that reminds me of most western male lead games, only I *think* die hard 5 tries to be a joke..... their attmept at macho emotion is pathetic....
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Jebus213
[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="rjdofu"]

n50681bcabf9eb.jpg

rjdofu
You and the person who made that pic is a complete idiot :lol:

No because my western RPG's tend to look like this and NOT filled with cross dressing males, talking hamsters, and pubescent looking whores:
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Jebus213
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Western Male Image = Be muscular, show no emotion, and have boring hair and fashion. even that is changing slowly. That stereotype is far more common than "feminin" male leads in JRPGs ect. while ok "youth fighting" is more common in japanese games, so what? its fantasy? at least it tries to BE fantasy. not "OMG 90% of my games I am a burly 25-30 elite soldier" Have any of you seen Die Hard 5 yet? that reminds me of most western male lead games, only I *think* die hard 5 tries to be a joke..... their attmept at macho emotion is pathetic....

and the Japanese male image is to look like a woman and have have a giant sword.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Jebus213"] You and the person who made that pic is a complete idiot :lol:

No because my western RPG's tend to look like this and NOT filled with cross dressing males, talking hamsters, and pubescent looking whores: http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8384/64922491.jpg" alt=" " />

Lol a somewhat slender male with long white hair that is treated as a sex object by woman in the game, good example there.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 rjdofu
[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Jebus213"] You and the person who made that pic is a complete idiot :lol:

No because my western RPG's tend to look like this and NOT filled with cross dressing males, talking hamsters, and pubescent looking whores:

And you must feel like a total badass playing that guy, kinda like it compensates your real live world ;). And 90% of your WRPG protagonists look like that as well; heck not only look, they kinda have the same 1 dimensional personality too lol.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 rjdofu

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Western Male Image = Be muscular, show no emotion, and have boring hair and fashion. even that is changing slowly. That stereotype is far more common than "feminin" male leads in JRPGs ect. while ok "youth fighting" is more common in japanese games, so what? its fantasy? at least it tries to BE fantasy. not "OMG 90% of my games I am a burly 25-30 elite soldier" Have any of you seen Die Hard 5 yet? that reminds me of most western male lead games, only I *think* die hard 5 tries to be a joke..... their attmept at macho emotion is pathetic.... Jebus213
and the Japanese male image is to look like a woman and have have a giant sword.

Quite a complement :lol:

I doubt your manly man can lift that giant sword. ;)

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Jebus213
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] Awww, are you offended? :)

No because my western RPG's tend to look like this and NOT filled with cross dressing males, talking hamsters, and pubescent looking whores: http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8384/64922491.jpg" alt=" " />

Lol a somewhat slender male with long white hair that is treated as a sex object by woman in the game, good example there.

and looking gay is must be so much better. :lol:
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Jebus213
Is this a male or female? I can't fvcking tell.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 rjdofu
[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Jebus213"] No because my western RPG's tend to look like this and NOT filled with cross dressing males, talking hamsters, and pubescent looking whores: http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8384/64922491.jpg" alt=" " />

People still use gay as an insult? :|

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Jebus213"] Lol a somewhat slender male with long white hair that is treated as a sex object by woman in the game, good example there.

and looking gay is must be so much better. :lol: http://gameplay.itc.ua/files/pics/ff12-vaan.jpg" alt=" " />

I like Geralt, but its hilrious how you cherry pick one of the better western characters and compare it to one of the universally (yes including japan) hated male lead (even if you can consider him the lead) of ONE out of a series of 20+ games. Pathetic and Childish really, just pointing out the hypocrisy of your garbage spewing. [QUOTE="Jebus213"]Is this a male or female? I can't fvcking tell. http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/24/zidanetribal.png" alt=" " />

Then you are a moron. given hes what 14-16 years old? whats wrong with that?
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 freedomfreak
Stop posting Vaan. It's turning me on.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Jebus213
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Then you are a moron. given hes what 14-16 years old? whats wrong with that?

It looks like a pubescent transgender :lol:
hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts
I prefer Japanese character design over Western. The generic soldier stereotype thing I find especially annoying in Western games, though I do like the designs of characters like Ezio and Geralt. As for a comment to a lot of comments in this thread: Calling people gay based on appearance is quite bigoted. Using gay as an implied insult is also quite bigoted. That is all.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#83 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
[QUOTE="Jebus213"]Is this a male or female? I can't fvcking tell.

To be honest back then the art work didn't match the games. In game you can barely tell what you are looking at so you have to rely on what the characters say and the way they move. Zidane is about as far as you can go with the 'dashing hero/womaniser' that you can get. Looking back at even earlier FFs you can see that the artwork (I am thinking FF4 specifically) made all the characters look extremely feminine and kind of illusory. FFX was the first time that game art really started resembling the characters in game.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Jebus213
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] Lol a somewhat slender male with long white hair that is treated as a sex object by woman in the game, good example there.

Okay he looks "h0mosexual". Is that better?
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 rjdofu
[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Jebus213"] and looking gay is must be so much better. :lol:

Okay he looks "h0mosexual".

Point still stands.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Then you are a moron. given hes what 14-16 years old? whats wrong with that?

Are you 5 years old?
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

rjdofu

n50681bcabf9eb.jpg

I don't get how posting two different things that originated out of japan is relevant here.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

n50681bcabf9eb.jpg

I don't get how posting two different things that originated out of japan is relevant here.

It's about as relevant as some of you stereotypes here.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Jebus213
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Then you are a moron. given hes what 14-16 years old? whats wrong with that?

Are you 5 years old?

because I don't like my male characters to look like women?
hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts
I think you people are far too obsessed with gender being so static and rigid. Japan doesn't seem to be that way, as they've had stuff like onnagata when looking at the past and gender bending is actually an acceptable thing in Manga/Anime now.