GameSpot: Sony has more new IP's than either of its competitors

This topic is locked from further discussion.

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#451 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts

Thanks to Gamespot for the hitting the ground running on this ground breaking piece of jounalism to bring us information we already knew.

Pug-Nasty
Agreed. They really go the extra mile. Maybe tomorrow they will write an article stating how Nintendo leads the market in games based on Italian plumbers.
ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#452 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts
[QUOTE="ispeakfact"][QUOTE="todd2r"]I understand the whole ps3 vs 360 thing cause they are pretty much equal despite what ispeakhairy and loosingEnds and other dumb trolls say, but I don't understand how cows can hate on Nintendo. They might not have created many new IPs, but they have created the most iconic games and characters this industry has ever seen. Games like Infamous and MAG will never be equal to things like Zelda and Mario. Without Nintendo, there is no Playstation. todd2r
Someones jelly they don't own a ps3. :cool:

I do own a ps3 ispeakhairy. And a Vita. Thanks for asking.

Pics...or didn't happen. :)
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#453 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

lol Every one has gotta love finalstar.

AKA milking...though once you bring out the sheer amount of sequels the ps3 has...its no longer milking.

WilliamRLBaker

It has more franchises to milk because it actually creates new IP's. The only Franchises they have really milked are GOW and GT and thats fine with me because there both great. Thought Jax and Daxter was getting milked? They went and made Uncharted, that that was getting repetitive? Now they got TLOU. Meanwhile MS invest in a Kinect Fable , Another Halo and another Gears.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

:lol::lol: The butthurt is astounding!

"But the games don't sell" *No facts to back it up*

"But, But some of those PS3 games are BAD!" *Forgetting the 360 side has some bad games too, and forgetting it's about new IPs made*

White_Dreams

True.

Its very sad, and when the facts presented by an unbiased 3rd party show something favoring PS3 they always cry, make excuses, downplay and run to make thier own charts using biased hand picked points taylored to paint a picture to make the 360 look the best.

News flash, this chart is more credible than any of the biased self made fanboy charts created specifically to make your favorate look the best. If you got mad over this, started making excuses, trying to downplay, or creating your own little theory on why it doesn't mean anything...then you just exposed how much of a dumb fanboy you are--expecially if you are one of those who have agreed with or personally made System wars charts calling it 'fact'.

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455 PressXtoJump
Member since 2012 • 1484 Posts
confirmed that the 360 has no games.
needweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456 needweed
Member since 2012 • 418 Posts
Sony is here to stay. Soon we will be able to stream any ps2 any ps1 any ps3 any pc game we want, plus be able to buy ps4 games on disc or pay less to stream them.
ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457 ispeakfact
confirmed that the 360 has no games.PressXtoJump
Fact. :cool:
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#458 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Finalstar would be the one that posts this.

And, sequels or not, as long as the games are good, who gives a fvck?

needweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459 needweed
Member since 2012 • 418 Posts
confirmed that the 360 has no games.PressXtoJump
Lol true. Just the 10th sequel of halo and the 5th sequel of gears (all this gen btw) and the 5th forza. Joke system
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 casharmy

DarkLink77

lol, gamers obviously.

But if your favorite company only makes the same game over and over again then perhaps you wouldn't tell yourself you don't care? I can...many games care. What was it even xbox fans were saying about The Last of Us? :o "if it's going to be just like uncharted who cares!" So apparently xbox fans "give a fvck" too--they just don't seem to be able to admit it when it comes to games on their perfered console.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 casharmy

DarkLink77

lol, gamers obviously.

But if your favorite company only makes the same game over and over again then perhaps you wouldn't tell yourself you don't care? I give a fvck...many games give a fvck. Uncharted is a great game, but I don't want to be feed it over and over again just because it's good.

What was it even xbox fans were saying about The Last of Us? :o "if it's going to be just like uncharted who cares!" So apparently xbox fans "give a fvck" too--they just don't seem to be able to admit it when it comes to games on their perfered console.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462 casharmy

DarkLink77

lol, gamers obviously.

But if your favorite company only makes the same game over and over again then perhaps you wouldn't tell yourself you don't care? I give a fvck...many games give a fvck. Uncharted is a great game, but I don't want to be feed the same game over and over again just because it's good.

What was it even xbox fans were saying about The Last of Us? :o "if it's going to be just like uncharted who cares!" So apparently xbox fans "give a fvck" too--they just don't seem to be able to admit it when it comes to games on their perfered console.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

casharmy

lol, gamers obviously.

But if your favorite company only makes the same game over and over again then perhaps you wouldn't tell yourself you don't care? I can...many games care. What was it even xbox fans were saying about The Last of Us? :o "if it's going to be just like uncharted who cares!" So apparently xbox fans "give a fvck" too--they just don't seem to be able to admit it when it comes to games on their perfered console.

Meh. Doesn't bother me at all.

More Halo is a good thing in my view, because I like me some Halo. Same with most things. The only thing I consider milked are IPs that are creatively dead, a la Metal Gear Solid. Even Kojima is sick of that sh!t. And while I love me some MGS (I just beat 1 and am playing through 2 atm, can't wait 'till I get to 3 again), that horse won't run again.

Halo is different because a majority of its popularity comes from MP (and it has a super big universe that they can play with). It's kind of like a fighting game in that regard. You can make Street Fighter games forever and no one cares because people (largely) play it for the core gameplay, not the story. It's the same with Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Demon's Souls, Quake, DOOM, etc.

Gears... should probably die. But whatever. Like, MGS I'm not going to freak out if we get more Gears games. I just won't buy them. People complaining about "TEH MILKAGE!!!!1!" need to get a reality check.

As far as The Last of Us goes, I'm excited for it because it's NOT Uncharted. The only similarity is that both games are in third-person, have shooting mechanics, and feature male protagonists.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

New IP game isn't necessarily better or has more original gameplay ideas than a new iteration of an old IP.

Most games that win goty awards are typically either spiritual or direct sequels.

It holds no weight. The real reason Sony produces many new IPs is because their previous franchises drop in sales, so they abandon them, create a slew of new ones and throw them at the market to see which ones stick, the ones that do keeps getting rehashed (4 UC games in 5 years)

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 Valknut4
Member since 2012 • 403 Posts

Says has the most new IP's, when questioned why they're not selling, Names sequal of GoW3 as evidense they are....

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerp If new Ip's always ment new awesome games the Wii was amazing, did you see all them Dora the explore, and fishing games!! That **** was tight!

Enjoy your sinking ship, I bet the people who died on the Titanic did.

djmaster1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466 djmaster1994
Member since 2008 • 92 Posts
Of course they gonna have new IPs duh. Wanna know why because they KILL all the Franchises that doesn't sell and leave in the dust. Resistance is over and Socom is gone and when the developing studios they own start to suck they close them down and losing those IPs if they didn't come up with it. Sony sucks anyway they are just looking for a Mario or Master Chief or Sonic or Ryu of their company but can't.
ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467 ispeakfact
Of course they gonna have new IPs duh. Wanna know why because they KILL all the Franchises that doesn't sell and leave in the dust. Resistance is over and Socom is gone and when the developing studios they own start to suck they close them down and losing those IPs if they didn't come up with it. Sony sucks anyway they are just looking for a Mario or Master Chief or Sonic or Ryu of their company but can't. djmaster1994
Jeeeelllllyyyy!! Too muuuuch,,,,,jeeellllyyy!! :cool:
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="djmaster1994"]Of course they gonna have new IPs duh. Wanna know why because they KILL all the Franchises that doesn't sell and leave in the dust. Resistance is over and Socom is gone and when the developing studios they own start to suck they close them down and losing those IPs if they didn't come up with it. Sony sucks anyway they are just looking for a Mario or Master Chief or Sonic or Ryu of their company but can't. ispeakfact
Jeeeelllllyyyy!! Too muuuuch,,,,,jeeellllyyy!! :cool:

I am disappoint by the lack of pics, son.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

360 has way more new IPs in reality, if you count timed exclusives, PC/360 only and XBLA games

Like 2x more than PS3 or more

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
Seriously final star what do you Have against Mario we get you dont like it but there have been nowhere near 500 core Mario games, and we all know Sony created the most ips, yet there are still not enough platform games on it for me to enjoy it more than Nintendos systems.
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts

360 has way more new IPs in reality, if you count timed exclusives and XBLA games

loosingENDS
Timed exclusives are not exclusives, and they never will be.
Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 Valknut4
Member since 2012 • 403 Posts

Seriously final star what do you Have against Mario we get you dont like it but there have been nowhere near 500 core Mario games, and we all know Sony created the most ips, yet there are still not enough platform games on it for me to enjoy it more than Nintendos systems.layton2012

I have a theory.

Children who get what they need attention, education, food, clothing, yada, yada. Don't care what they play as long as its fun. Gears Mario Halo RPGS w/e right?

Children who have parents that let the internet baby sit their children feel the need to always be right, thus leading to a white and black perception of the world, the Ps3 is black and white.

COINCIDENSE I THINK NOT HAR HAR HAR!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

Lems can't handle the truth

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#474 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Lems can't handle the truth

Davekeeh

The same exact thing can be said for Cows. Just throwing that out there.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#475 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Damn, 24 pages of pure madness and butthurt, this thread delivered and then some.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

360 has way more new IPs in reality, if you count timed exclusives and XBLA games

layton2012

Timed exclusives are not exclusives, and they never will be.

Sure, FF7 was not PS1 exclusive

LOL LOL

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

360 has way more new IPs in reality, if you count timed exclusives, PC/360 only and XBLA games

loosingENDS

A 1 month lead does not = exclusive.

PC/360 games are not exclusives.

Besides which shouldnt you be off playing Steel Battalion?

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#478 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
Sony and the PS3 have dominate again.XBOX360 and Nintendo have nothing new.....Lems and Sheep can't handle the truth and the Jelly.....is 100%.
JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts
Sony and the PS3 have dominate again.XBOX360 and Nintendo have nothing new.....Lems and Sheep can't handle the truth and the Jelly.....is 100%. AtariKidX
Sony dominated last gen. Last place this gen and cows can't handle it.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

tenaka2

And yet, in real life, 360 did get Mass Effect 1 first and very much exclusive and new IP

Same for Eternal Sonata etc

Everything counts

Of course in the fantasy world cows live in, gaming started when PS3 launched and nothing else matters LOL

They are definatly used to having nothing to play

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481 AtariKidX
[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]Sony and the PS3 have dominate again.XBOX360 and Nintendo have nothing new.....Lems and Sheep can't handle the truth and the Jelly.....is 100%. JohnnyCageMK
Sony dominated last gen. Last place this gen and cows can't handle it.

More delusions........Lems and Sheep are sleeping.Time to wake up......Sony and the PS3 have dominate.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

And yet, in real life, 360 did get Mass Effect 1 first and very much exclusive and new IP

Everything counts

Of course in the fantasy world cows live in, gaming started when PS3 launched and nothing else matters LOL

And yet in real life Mass Effect is AAA on pc and only AA on 360.

You are getting more and more desperate.

I noticed you have stopped posting you 360 lists, is that because everything is flopping on the 360 or because you now understand that the 360 has nothing of note other then Halo?

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 AtariKidX

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

Everything counts

I noticed you have stopped posting you 360 lists, is that because everything is flopping on the 360 or because you now understand that the 360 has nothing of note other then Halo?

"GameSpot: Sony has more new IP's than either of its competitors"...................Mass Effect..??You are getting more and more desperate.
KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#484 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

OMFG, 25 pages:D Someone is really upset, I wonder who ...

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

Everything counts

In reality 360 got Mass Effect 1 exclusively

What happened later is of no importance, plus ME1 is still not on PS3 LOL

PS3 has nothing other than some crappy linear shooters, that is a joke of a lineup

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts
hard to care when SONY still has a old and flawed designed controller. IMO
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

Everything counts

loosingENDS

PS3 has nothing other than some crappy linear shooters, that is a joke of a lineup

So does that mean the Witcher 2 is a PC exclusive?

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

This isn't news. Everyone already knows Sony pump out more exclusive properties than anyone else.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

Obviously Witcher 2 was PC exclusive for 1.5 year, this is a fact

I dont understand why you have a question mark even, facts are facts

Dont judge all gamers by cows that can wait up to 200 years for a game on PS3, not all gamers like to wait years to play their favourite games

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

That's not news to anybody.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

Obviously Witcher 2 was PC exclusive for 1.5 year, this is a fact

I dont understand why you have a question mark even, facts are facts

Dont judge all gamers by cows that can wait up to 200 years for a game on PS3, not all gamers like to wait years to play their favourite games

So Mass Effect 1 'is' a 360 exclusive but the witcher 2 'was' a pc exclusive?

200 years? hmm I only game that took that long to make it to port was the boardgame chess.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#493 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Wow, what a thread.O_o

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#494 AtariKidX

Wow, what a thread.O_o

mitu123
Are you jelly.......little girl...??
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#495 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Wow, what a thread.O_o

AtariKidX

Why would he/she be jelly?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Wow, what a thread.O_o

AtariKidX

Not sure if serious...

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497 AtariKidX

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"][QUOTE="mitu123"]

Wow, what a thread.O_o

mitu123

Not sure if serious...

Are you serious....??lol
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"] Are you jelly.......little girl...??AtariKidX

Not sure if serious...

Are you serious....??lol

No, are you?O_o

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499 PressXtoJump
Member since 2012 • 1484 Posts
lemming gelly is at all time high!!!!
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

What a legendary thread :D lem jelly everywhere.