Games you just couldn't force yourself to beat...

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Deus Ex.

Even though I love this game, the merc leader boss fight has completely destroyed my will to play the game. I simply can't beat him even on easy :|

[spoiler] I installed the chip, so I can't even see where that ****** is, to make things worse he can turn invisible, pop up before me and blast me to oblivion [/spoiler]

I was pretty good at stealthing my way through the game, but those boss fights man, God I hate them.

Installing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Installing
Member since 2010 • 678 Posts

Nearly every game I play.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#53 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Like every FF game I've tried. I can't even remember which ones I tried. I think IV, VII and another one.
Dark Souls.
Red Dead Redemption. (I got pretty far with that one.)
Assassins Creed.
Fallout 3.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

Deus Ex.

Even though I love this game, the merc leader boss fight has completely destroyed my will to play the game. I simply can't beat him even on easy :|

I was pretty good at stealthing my way through the game, but those boss fights man, God I hate them.

Sagem28

I just whipped out my grenade launcher and peppered him with around twenty rockets. He didn't last very long..

Still haven't finished Just Cause 2. Or Killzone 2. Or Mirror's Edge.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#55 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. I could never get the gold on all events. Cheap bastards.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Deus Ex.

balfe1990

I just whipped out my grenade launcher and peppered him with around twenty rockets. He didn't last very long..

I don't even have a grenade launcher :cry:
I got my assault rifle and my pimped out pistol, thats it.

I saw a vid on youtube where you can beat him by dragging a Turret located at the start of the level all the way to the boss fight. But I don't feel like doing something so cheap.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

Uncharted 1 , the game started very promising and I enjoyed it very much but all to soon they runned out of ideas , wave after wave of shooting the same couple of guys and after the Zombies I figured I had enough .

Still have to play UC2 though which as it looks now is probably the best of the series .

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Most recently that come in mind is:

Red Dead Redemption : Cant do fast aiming with controlpad dammit, boring !!!

Castlevania Lord of Shadows : Dont know but i just dont feel to put in the disc in Ps3 and play :roll:

Star Ocean The Last Hope : Feels so dated, boring game mechanics

Xenoblade Chronicles : Not in mood of Roleplaying games anymore

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
Red dead redemption, gears of war 3 and uncharted 3
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22956 Posts
Gta4... sooooo boring ang such awful controls. Barf.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Deus Ex.

Sagem28

I don't even have a grenade launcher :cry:
I got my assault rifle and my pimped out pistol, thats it.

I saw a vid on youtube where you can beat him by dragging a Turret located at the start of the level all the way to the boss fight. But I don't feel like doing something so cheap.

That fight is so unnessesery.... it took me forever. Ill tell u that i stuck to a corner and kept panning back and forth to see which way he was coming, got a few pot shots in before he fires back, rinse and repeat.... i used almost all my ammo.

TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

Deus Ex.

It's the only one, since it's so damn bad.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#63 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

-Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

-Resonance of Fate but that's because I can't find a place for grind.

-Tomb Raider Anniversary.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 aroxx_ab

Deus Ex.

TrapJak

First Deus Ex or Human Revolution?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="TrapJak"]

Deus Ex.

aroxx_ab

Hes gonna say human rev. Probably stuck on a boss....
DeX2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DeX2010
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts
Assassin's Creed. I made the good mistake(Because otherwise I would hate the franchise) of getting AC2 first. It was(and still is) one of my favourite games of this gen. I then played AC: B, and then I played AC1. It was horrible, I tried to like it, and I did like the story, but I gave up after the 4th Assassination. However I later battled through it and completed the story, Never again ;)
TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TrapJak

[QUOTE="TrapJak"]

Deus Ex.

aroxx_ab

First one.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 aroxx_ab

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

[QUOTE="TrapJak"]

Deus Ex.

TrapJak

First one.

Ah ok, i heard it is a good game once you get in to it and if you can live with the bad graphic.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

First Bioware game I started but never finished; DA:O :?

TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 TrapJak

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

[QUOTE="TrapJak"]

Deus Ex.

TheEroica

Hes gonna say human rev. Probably stuck on a boss....

Haven't played Revolution, but I've heard that the main complaint of the game that it's insanely cheap in terms of difficulty.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
LA Noire...good lord...maybe one day I'll finish it but with Skyrim and Dark Souls on my queue chances are slim that I'll get back to it any time soon. Also Okami, after 30 hours when the game resets your adventure (hey guess what it's not over even after this huge boss battle!) I felt done with the game.
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Final Fantasy XIII. I was excited to get to the free-roam portion of the game but ended up thinking back of the lovely linear portion.
Metalscarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Metalscarz
Member since 2004 • 1019 Posts

Killzone 3, Mirrors Edge, Rage, STALKER, Castelvania (Newest one), GE Remake, Twilight Princess, Condemned 2, The Witcher, Riddick 2, Just Cause 2, Medal of Honor 2010,Silent Hill 5, Zeno Clash. I'm sure there is more but those stand out. Some I may eventually beat, but some I'll never try again. STALKER I started 3 times, and even with the so called amazing 2009 complete mod it bored me to death. Never again. Twilight Princess, I tried from scratch twice. First time stopped at the sky temple. Two years after I started again and got to the shaodow world and just stopped caring. Never again. Gonna try Skyward Sword soon though.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Borderlands. Yawn.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52451 Posts

Lost Odyssey.

I'm near the end but I've grown tired of the formula.Might finish it one of these days.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

Final Fantasy XIII. I was excited to get to the free-roam portion of the game but ended up thinking back of the lovely linear portion. LustForSoul

Does not compute.

TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 TheFatPerson
Member since 2011 • 1806 Posts
I am currently debating on whether or not I should continue playing through The Witcher. I was right into it at one point, then I got side-tracked. I'm now in Act 2, the part where [spoiler] You've just escaped the prison cell and now you have to go around and talk to people and stuff...I forget the exact reason why. [/spoiler] Other games: Half-Life/Half Life 2: Enjoyable games for the most part, but they just seem to drag on and on....Half Life 2, I got stuck at one part and never touched it after that. One day. Bioshock Oblivion: The game aged terribly in my opinion. No matter what, I just can't get past the crappy animations and environments. I know I can mod it (being a PC gamer), but still. Besides, I have Skyrim now and I'm currently really enjoying it. Crysis: This one is out of sheer circumstance. Everytime I get close to beating it, something happens (save file crashes, compute gets a virus) that prompts me to uninstall it, which sucks.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#78 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Oh I forced myself to beat it alright, but it was so f*cked up I didn't even manage

Chronicles of Riddick: Assualt on Dark Athena

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#79 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Batman, a great game but onyl a matter of time till i went back to playing MW3 again. i'll play batman later next year

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
FallOut New Vegas, Brutal Legend, Halo Wars and AC 1&2.
Wanderlei_Rua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Wanderlei_Rua
Member since 2011 • 178 Posts
Red Dead Redemption I gave up after you got back home on the farm. Nonstop-Madness
Same, it was that goofy mission where you shoot the crows. New Vegas (Buggy mess, got frustrated and quit playing it) Uncharted 1 MGS4 (Fallout 3 came along, I fully intend to finish it someday)
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 parkurtommo
[QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"]Red Dead Redemption I gave up after you got back home on the farm. Wanderlei_Rua
Same, it was that goofy mission where you shoot the crows. New Vegas (Buggy mess, got frustrated and quit playing it) Uncharted 1 MGS4 (Fallout 3 came along, I fully intend to finish it someday)

:lol: you dumbass, by doing that you might've missed one of the most shocking endings ever in game :lol:
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 parkurtommo

Batman, a great game but onyl a matter of time till i went back to playing MW3 again. i'll play batman later next year

finalstar2007
You mean Arkham City? It's a pretty awesome game bro, you should definitely finish it when you get the chance ;)
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#84 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18261 Posts

Red Dead Redemption, i made it to the epilogue but i don't have any more interest on the game, i spend a lot more time playing Poker than playing the missions, it gets really boring towards the end.

Dark Souls, the game is great, but i don't have the time nor the patience to play it that much.

Wanderlei_Rua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Wanderlei_Rua
Member since 2011 • 178 Posts
[QUOTE="Wanderlei_Rua"][QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"]Red Dead Redemption I gave up after you got back home on the farm. parkurtommo

:lol: you dumbass, by doing that you might've missed one of the most shocking endings ever in game :lol:

In which game, RDR, or MGS4? Unfortunately, I accidentally read a spoiler for RDR's ending, if that's what you're referring to.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#86 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
Killzone 2 and FFXIII come to mind,but there were quite a few others. Those two stand out though.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#87 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Infamous, prototype, ninja gaiden 3, new vegas, Next ones that look to fall in that category are Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Beyond Good and Evil, and possibly Super Meat Boy if it continues to taunt me in my dreams...iammason
I don't know anyone who has even played ninja gaiden 3. Even if I go to play a game I love to play (halo series, hl series, god of war, etc) I usually come back and finish my games. LA Noire got a little tough in the repetitive sense and assassins creed was a chore. Never played the sequels.
trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#88 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

Dark Souls - too hard :(

ReviewerDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ReviewerDrake
Member since 2011 • 805 Posts

Wow a lot of you said inFamous I just can't believe that you must have been screwing around and not doing the actual story that game was compelling almost the whole time I admit the first 8 or 9 missions are slow but it gets good.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
I almost couldn't finish PoP 2008. It's so repetitive.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

gears 3 campaign - i even tried playing while i was high...

mirror's edge - the first person gimmick was fine but the rest of the game was poorly constructed

ghostbusters - just felt like trying something new, it was summer if i remember correctly

batman aa - game bored me to tears, the combat was really not that great imo. it was like a watered down version of assassin's creed. the stealth was great but i dont know.

wolverine - borrowed it from a friend...thank god.

afro samurai - i liked the soundtrack...thats it.

far cry 2 - game was terrible, the atmosphere was pretty good though.

i always try to finish games because im usually confident that it'll pick up, but if the game fails to give me even a glimmer of hope then i'm gone.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

parkurtommo

You mean Arkham City? It's a pretty awesome game bro, you should definitely finish it when you get the chance ;)

Problem is i get easily distracted when im signed in to playstation network, most of my friends play nothing but call of duty and when im online they start spamming me with invites till i enjoy, before i know it i end up spending over 6 hours on MW3 :P. now that im almost done with exams i wont be gaming much anwyays till next year but your right it is an awesome game. only game i was able to beat recently was uncharted 3, it was so good to the point i ignored all invited and played it non-stop :cry:

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 madsnakehhh

[QUOTE="Wanderlei_Rua"][QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"]Red Dead Redemption I gave up after you got back home on the farm. parkurtommo

I hope you are not referring to red dead, it was a nice ending but nothing that shocking and while i never finished the epilogue i can totally see where it's going.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 madsnakehhh

Wow a lot of you said inFamous I just can't believe that you must have been screwing around and not doing the actual story that game was compelling almost the whole time I admit the first 8 or 9 missions are slow but it gets good.

ReviewerDrake

Oh, i forgot to mention Infamous, yes, the game is pretty good and after the slow start it gets better and better...however, i do not remember why i stoppped, i remember reaching the last part of the city, only 8 maybe 10 missions left but i just stopped, maybe i started other game i don't know.

TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#96 TheFatPerson
Member since 2011 • 1806 Posts
far cry 2 - game was terrible, the atmosphere was pretty good though.Jagged3dge
This times a million. If there was an award for the world's greatest snoozefest, Far Cry 2 would definitely take the cake. I don't even think I made it 3 hours in.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Every Pokemon game I have ever played. Every Zelda game I have ever played. Burnout Paradise, Final Fantasy 8, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Oblivion, Golden Sun, and Metroid Prime just to name a few.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="ReviewerDrake"]

madsnakehhh

Oh, i forgot to mention Infamous, yes, the game is pretty good and after the slow start it gets better and better...however, i do not remember why i stoppped, i remember reaching the last part of the city, only 8 maybe 10 missions left but i just stopped, maybe i started other game i don't know.

infamous 1 wasnt that great but infamous 2 a stright 9.5/10 for me, i played infamous2 3 freaking times :P thats like beating it 3 times twice on good and once as bad guy. it was just amazing and will be for sure looking forward to ifnamous 3

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#99 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Braid. Can't get myself to endure more than 15 minutes of its sleep-inducing gameplay and pretentious storytelling.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 parkurtommo

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"][QUOTE="Wanderlei_Rua"] Same, it was that goofy mission where you shoot the crows. New Vegas (Buggy mess, got frustrated and quit playing it) Uncharted 1 MGS4 (Fallout 3 came along, I fully intend to finish it someday)madsnakehhh

I hope you are not referring to red dead, it was a nice ending but nothing that shocking and while i never finished the epilogue i can totally see where it's going.

are you sure? [spoiler] Marston getting shot to death by a bunch of Hippocrates wasn't shocking? [/spoiler] It got me pretty mad :x