Gamers are insatiable -Reggie (sorry if old)

• 155 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Fawlcon_Pawnch
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts

Reggie is hyping Animal Crossing :?

SpinoRaptor

Animal Crossing happens to be a very good franshise enjoyed by alot of core gamers. Yes, CORE GAMERS

SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 SpinoRaptor
Member since 2006 • 2419 Posts
[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor"]

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Animal Crossing happens to be a very good franshise enjoyed by alot of core gamers. Yes, CORE GAMERS

But will that alone satisfy you?

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Fawlcon_Pawnch
[QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"][QUOTE="SpinoRaptor"]

SpinoRaptor

But will that alone satisfy you?

But that has nothing to do with what you said.

I dont even know if i'm gonna buy Animal Crossing this year, i have yet to buy No More Heroes, De Blob, Super Paper Mario and Mario Kart.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#154 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
You think Reggie doesnt know that? He can only talk about games they allow him to talk,

Nintendo stated time and time again that ALL their main teams are hard at work and that they will show these games when they feel they are worth showing. Please, lets not make them rush their games just to appease the fan-rage.

They actually had to come on record and say that fans should understand that these games take time to make, but they will come. If those "fans" had half a brain they would figure this out by themselves

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Sure... they take time to make. But what does that have to do with delivering a more solid and varied second and third party selection? A console cannot survive on first party games alone... even the Gamecube had substantial third party backing with games like Eternal Darkness, Beyond Good & Evil, Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil Remake among others. All the Wii gets mostly from third parties are upgraded ports of last-generation games with added waggle... while the 360 and PS3 get games like Condemned: Criminal Origins, The Darkness, Dead Rising, Metal Gear Solid 4, Devil May Cry 4 among *many* others. All the Wii is really getting is a small handful of games from developers like Suda 51 in the form of No More Heroes, Madworld and Oboro Muramasa Youtouden. The latter two of which aren't coming out until at least next year.

The Wii has some great games, yes... but not nearly as many as the 360 has or is getting. Waggle may have brought the massive commercial success but it has in fact alienated a lot of "core" gamers, who see the focus they have is moving from providing quality titles like Eternal Darkness and F-Zero GX to making tons and tons of "Wii-something" games to be bought up by everyone who isn't a gamer. It's upsetting to see a company like Nintendo sell-out so quickly. They are still providing several quality games like Mario Galaxy but are falling behind when drawing in third parties... and we thought the Gamecube had trouble getting good third party games.
Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Fawlcon_Pawnch

Sure... they take time to make. But what does that have to do with delivering a more solid and varied second and third party selection?foxhound_fox

It has nothing to do with it, my point is that Nintendo is the best first party developer this gen, its not fair to bash them as a game developer, something people here do all the time.

A console cannot survive on first party games alone... even the Gamecube had substantial third party backing with games like Eternal Darkness, Beyond Good & Evil, Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil Remake among others.foxhound_fox

You are comparing a system whose life cycle already ended to one that isnt even 2 years old, thats really not fair

All the Wii is really getting is a small handful of games from developers like Suda 51 in the form of No More Heroes, Madworld and Oboro Muramasa Youtouden. The latter two of which aren't coming out until at least next year.foxhound_fox

I dont think you are fully informed of the Wii´s third party line-up. Marvelous is making Arc Rise Fantasia, Little King's Story and Rune Factory Frontier, and Jaleco's Kizuna, those games are backed up by some serious talent, people who worked on Final Fantasy and the Chrono series.

The Wii is also getting one of the biggest Japanese franchises, Monster Hunter 3, and they intend to bring it to the rest of the world.

There are also games like De Blob, Tenchu IV, MadWorld, House of the Dead Overkill, Tales of Symphonia 2 Dawn of a New World, the next main Tales game that is Wii exclusive, Skate IT, World of Goo, Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon, the next Project Aces game Sky Crawlers, Sin and Punishment 2, Cursed Mountain, Deadly Creatures, The Conduit, Klonoa, Overlord Dark Ages, Dynamic Slash, Mushroom Men, Muramasa: The Deamon Blade, Tatsonoko VS Capcom, etc... All exclusive third party games

I see alot of games there, and i left many out including multiplats like Guitar Hero or the new Suda51/EA horror game. So yeah, i dont get the "poor upcoming line-up" comments at all

Waggle may have brought the massive commercial success but it has in fact alienated a lot of "core" gamers, who see the focus they have is moving from providing quality titles like Eternal Darkness and F-Zero GX to making tons and tons of "Wii-something" games to be bought up by everyone who isn't a gamer. It's upsetting to see a company like Nintendo sell-out so quickly.foxhound_fox

I'm sorry but that is System Wars BS, Nintendo has made more core games than Wii _____ games. I'm tired off making lists so i recommend you do a search.

They are still providing several quality games like Mario Galaxy but are falling behind when drawing in third parties... and we thought the Gamecube had trouble getting good third party games.foxhound_fox

I already made a list in this post that shows a glimpse of what 2009 has to offer regarding third party exclusives