Gamers are insatiable -Reggie (sorry if old)

• 155 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Fawlcon_Pawnch
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts

This generation is entirely different from the previous generation. Let's not fall back to something that's irrelevant.Stevo_the_gamer

Great games have nothing to do with hardware capabilities. If an inferior system made great games, theres no excuse for developers to do crap, specially when its even cheaper this time around and the hardware is already relatively known.

I already stated the main reason why this happens, im not going to repeat myself

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#52 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49592 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]This generation is entirely different from the previous generation. Let's not fall back to something that's irrelevant.Fawlcon_Pawnch

Great games have nothing to do with hardware capabilities. If an inferior system made great games, theres no excuse for developers to do crap, specially when its even cheaper this time around and the hardware is already relatively known.

I already stated the main reason why this happens, im not going to repeat myself

True -- however, a game such as Halo 3 or Call of Duty 4 for that matter has aspects in it which makes it truly great that just wouldn't work on the Wii. Thus the developer would have to downgrade it entirely, and leave out content and/or drop content because of hardware capabilities. This is the same thing as console fanboys thinking they're going to get Crysis, and assume it'd be just as good as the PC version. That's simply not the case -- it would get heavily, heavily downgraded. The great things which made it so superb, will be left out.

Last generation, all systems were near or relatively the same when it came to hardware capabilties. That's extremely different now; you see, when a developer makes a game like GTAIV and cram so much into it, and then look at the Wii -- What do you think they'll decide to do? Dumb down your game, or just spend all your time on the two platforms in which can truly show your vision? You decide, lad.

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Fawlcon_Pawnch

I don't think anybody has said that, or at least not anybody's whose post I've read. It certainly wasn't what I was saying.

My point was that if the Wii lacks compelling games compared the 360 or PS3, then I don't care whose fault it is or whether Nintendo couldn't possibly squeeze out any more games. Either way, the platform isn't satisfying me. And being that Nintendo makes the platform and sells it, I think it's perfectly valid to hold them responsible.

I take issue with Reggie simply saying "you should be happy with you've got and stop complaining!". Sorry Reggie, but that means I'm not going to buy your product.

Teufelhuhn

Hey, i completely respect if people dont like game X or game y, i also respect if in their OPINION the Wii doesnt have many games that appeal TO THEM.

What i dont respect is when people bash the developer thats making more games and actually making a big effort to create quality stuff for everyone.

I don't think anybody has said that, or at least not anybody's whose post I've read. It certainly wasn't what I was saying.Teufelhuhn

some examples on this thread only:

Ehh no, it took them THIS long to deliver, and for the future the have very little planned. And offcourse the

Please Microsoft and Sony, don't listen to this moron. PLEASE, don't go the path that Nintendo has taken! Game droughts = no fun.

Sorry Reggie, we'll just keep playing brawl and mario kart while the PS3 and 360 get more games this fall then the wii got this entire year.

THEY DON'T GET IT. Using the same franchisesover and over isn't enough. Create amazing new ips that could be put up there with Mario and Zelda.

They need to start creating and stop rehashing.

And simply said, we gamers do want more, not a handful of titles every year

Nintendo and Reggie dont care about gamers period

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#54 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

I wouldn't say that. There are plenty of satisfied 360/PS3 owners, and everyone with a good PC loves it. There are hardcore gamers with Wii's that prefer their own system as well, they're just in the minority (if SW is any guide). If I was working in Nintendo, though, I would give up hope on satisfying the spoiled (and rightly so) "core" gamer.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

I wouldn't say that. There are plenty of satisfied 360/PS3 owners, and everyone with a good PC loves it. There are hardcore gamers with Wii's that prefer their own system as well, they're just in the minority (if SW is any guide). If I was working in Nintendo, though, I would give up hope on satisfying the spoiled (and rightly so) "core" gamer.

WAIW

And if they do Nintendo will not be the best game developer anymore.

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 WAIW
[QUOTE="WAIW"]

JLF1

Good thing I'm not in Nintendo then :P

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Fawlcon_Pawnch

True -- however, a game such as Halo 3 or Call of Duty 4 for that matter has aspects in it which makes it truly great that just wouldn't work on the Wii.Stevo_the_gamer

And games like Galaxy, No More Heroes, Metroid Prime or Zack and Wiki also have aspects that wouldnt work on PS3/360, thus not achieving the developers vision. It works both ways

Thus the developer would have to downgrade it entirely, and leave out content and/or drop content because of hardware capabilities. This is the same thing as console fanboys thinking they're going to get Crysis, and assume it'd be just as good as the PC version. That's simply not the case -- it would get heavily, heavily downgraded. The great things which made it so superb, will be left out.Stevo_the_gamer

Thats why games made with the system in mind work so well. Crysis was made with high end PCs in mind, it works better on the platform it was designed for.

I completely hate dual stick aiming, i think its clumsy, counter intuitive the only poor substitute of K&M the programers managed to pull on those controllers, therefore i, like many people, find that most FPSs that use this method will never be as good gameplay wise as a K&M or the Wiimotes IR.

Last generation, all systems were near or relatively the same when it came to hardware capabilties. That's extremely different now; you see, when a developer makes a game like GTAIV and cram so much into it, and then look at the Wii -- What do you think they'll decide to do? Dumb down your game, or just spend all your time on the two platforms in which can truly show your vision? You decide, lad.Stevo_the_gamer

Why do you assume that a developers "vision" is about graphical power? There are alot of devs who say they want to make something for the Wii because it offers other possibilities, most related to the exclusive control method.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 JLF1
[QUOTE="JLF1"][QUOTE="WAIW"]

WAIW

But you are a gamer aren't you? I as a gamer would personally rather see Nintendo do what they do best, amazing core games, instead of cheap casual money maker games.
WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 WAIW
[QUOTE="WAIW"][QUOTE="JLF1"][QUOTE="WAIW"]

JLF1

But you are a gamer aren't you? I as a gamer would personally rather see Nintendo do what they do best, amazing core games, instead of cheap casual money maker games.

Of course, I love the same Nintendo games everyone else does. I'm just saying, if I was actually in Ninty, I wouldn't hope to satisfy the hardcore, System Wars demographic; they just can't be satisfied, even when Ninty throws GOTY's, AAAE's, etc. at them.

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
I'm pretty sure if 3rd party devs actually had solid lineups coming this holiday season there would be less crying among people. Just look at MS and Sony. They released almost nothing during the year up to now and people aren't complaining about them. Nintendo does need more 3rd party support and it's starting to show. However, it seems like 2009 will be the start of when 3rd party games are finishing up and releasing for their console.
Avatar image for gearsofhalogeek
gearsofhalogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 gearsofhalogeek
Member since 2007 • 1020 Posts

[QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"]

They already made a Super Mario, Mario Kart, BWii, Fire Emblem, Strikers, Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, Smash Brothers Brawl, adapted a Zelda, a new Excite game, Wario Land, and they are making Disaster and Animal Crossing and they financed Fatal Fram 4, this in two years.

Now name me a company who has done this in two years?

Fawlcon_Pawnch

The list of games I want for the rest of 2008 on 360/PS3 is about that big alone.. it might be cheating since its two consoles, but if the Wii has such epic support, it should be able to compete with a season of PS3/360 in a 2 year span.

Are my posts that hard to understand? People are saying Nintendo is lazy and isnt making games, im showing how absolutely wrong they are since they alone are making and financing more games then Sony and Microsoft together, these two rely almost exclusevly on third-party games/multiplats.

If you dont like the quality of the third party games blame those developers, not nintendo.

However, third party support is ALOT better in 2009, if you care to do some research.

you know who else had the right to brag about making more first party games than nintendo and sony? Sega

you know who else released peripheal after useless peripheal? Sega

im starting to see a connection here? could nintendo go the route of sega? with the wiis system sales this gen, doubtful, but next gen.....i bet its not far off in the future it will happen.

voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts
[QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"]

They already made a Super Mario, Mario Kart, BWii, Fire Emblem, Strikers, Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, Smash Brothers Brawl, adapted a Zelda, a new Excite game, Wario Land, and they are making Disaster and Animal Crossing and they financed Fatal Fram 4, this in two years.

gearsofhalogeek

The list of games I want for the rest of 2008 on 360/PS3 is about that big alone.. it might be cheating since its two consoles, but if the Wii has such epic support, it should be able to compete with a season of PS3/360 in a 2 year span.

Are my posts that hard to understand? People are saying Nintendo is lazy and isnt making games, im showing how absolutely wrong they are since they alone are making and financing more games then Sony and Microsoft together, these two rely almost exclusevly on third-party games/multiplats.

If you dont like the quality of the third party games blame those developers, not nintendo.

However, third party support is ALOT better in 2009, if you care to do some research.

you know who else had the right to brag about making more first party games than nintendo and sony? Sega

im starting to see a connection here? could nintendo go the route of sega? with the wiis system sales this gen, doubtful, but next gen.....i bet its not far off in the future it will happen.

you know who played the "we cater to hardcore gamers" card first

sega

you know who focused on impressing hardcores with online and alternative storage formats

sega

see the connection here? catering to the hardcore = death

let me know when nintendo releases several hardware addons for new games/formats and internal trouble start brewing between NOA and NOJ .. then i'll tell you when they're starting to look like sega

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Fawlcon_Pawnch

gearsofhalogeek

:lol:, Sega bombed for entirely diferent reasons; failed consoles, failed console add-ons, poor system and game sales, bad hardware architecture, lack of EA support, inconsistent game quality, internal problems, etc...

Sorry but if your post is something you hope happens you are gonna be disapointed.

gearsofhalogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 gearsofhalogeek
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"]

Fawlcon_Pawnch

The hardware is the main reason why developers keep thier distance from the Wii -- and guess who researched and developed that hardware?

Yes because we all know quality games never existed on systems like the PS2 because of its hardware. Sorry thats not an excuse You saying this is kinda like saying i want someone to develop new titles for the commodore 64..... many developers wish to move forward in graphics, and level design instead of being held back by an underpowered childs toy.

Third parties efforts are mainly lacking because of where their resources were put when this gen started. They didnt expect these huge sales and are slowly shifting their teams and resources (EA publicly said this, Capcom did it with MH, etc...). And yes it took two years because as everyone knows, games take years to get made and resources are pushed into projects even before the games start being made. No, third party developers are lacking because nintendo expects them to pay too much money to make games for nintendo systems. gotta love that seal of approval.

2009 is already an indication of things to come 2008 did a good job of that, E3 did an especially good job of that, and Reggies comments posted by the TC did an outstanding job of that...

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 JLF1
[QUOTE="gearsofhalogeek"]

Fawlcon_Pawnch

:lol:, Sega bombed for entirely diferent reasons; failed consoles, failed console add-ons, poor system and game sales, bad hardware architecture, lack of EA support, inconsistent game quality, internal problems, etc...

Sorry but if your post is something you hope happens you are gonna be disapointed.

Lack of EA support can easily be compared to the lack of Third party support.

Inconsistent Game quality is happening this gen with Nintendo too. SMG (9.5) compared to Fire Emblem (6.0).
Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#66 Redgarl
Member since 2002 • 13252 Posts

He's right, it's getting ridiculous... I have never seen so much huge Nintendo franchise in so little time.

Metroid, Mario, Zelda, mario Kart and Super Smash brother are all released in a little less than 2 years.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#67 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

to a degree he's right, but he has to realise that just Brawl and Mario Kart won't satisfy gamers for a whole year.

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Fawlcon_Pawnch

You saying this is kinda like saying i want someone to develop new titles for the commodore 64..... many developers wish to move forward in graphics, and level design instead of being held back by an underpowered childs toy.

gearsofhalogeek

lolwut?? You are expecting a serious response to that ?

No, third party developers are lacking because nintendo expects them to pay too much money to make games for nintendo systems. gotta love that seal of approval.gearsofhalogeek

LOLwut????? *baffled*

2008 did a good job of that, E3 did an especially good job of that, and Reggies comments posted by the TC did an outstanding job of that...gearsofhalogeek

What the hell are you talking about

:lol: Dude, i'm not even wasting my time with you.

sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#69 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]This generation is entirely different from the previous generation. Let's not fall back to something that's irrelevant.Fawlcon_Pawnch

But if Nintendo is going to take your line and hold third party developers responsible for the lack of third-party support, we simply won't see any games from them.

Nintendo is doing a lot as a developer, and they couldn't be doing much more. I'm glad to see that they at least have a few new hardcore games in IPs that they don't tend to mine that often. But if, after all Nintendo has done, their platform is still lacking relative to the competition, they need to make a concerted effort to ensure that third-party developers step it up if they want to appeal more to the hardcore, because right now, they aren't delivering all around.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#70 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
[QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"]

[QUOTE="FirstDiscovery"]Ehh no, it took them THIS long to deliver, and for the future the have very little planned. And offcourse the third-party side isnt looking good eitherPC360Wii

lol To deliver? Only the second half of 2008 was slow and now suddenly everything sucked?

For the future they are making and financing LOTS of games like Punch-Out, Sin and Punishment, Pikmin 3, a new game by the Mario team and a new Zelda game. And this is the company who doesnt like to reveal what they are doing months in advance.

Yeah they are really a lazzy developer *rollseyes*

I quite frankly dont give a damn what Nitnendo alone has done, its what the 1st,2nd,3rd parties have done as a whole is what counts, Ninty lacks in the latter 2 departments quite clearly.

What does that have to do with Ninty. They're making a big effort to drum up third party support.

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Fawlcon_Pawnch

But if Nintendo is going to take your line and hold third party developers responsible for the lack of third-party support, we simply won't see any games from them.

Nintendo is doing a lot as a developer, and they couldn't be doing much more. I'm glad to see that they at least have a few new hardcore games in IPs that they don't tend to mine that often. But if, after all Nintendo has done, their platform is still lacking relative to the competition, they need to make a concerted effort to ensure that third-party developers step it up if they want to appeal more to the hardcore, because right now, they aren't delivering all around.

sonicmj1

I agree, they do need to attract more third parties. In the past their relationships with third parties werent that hot, but they actually improved alot in that area since the Gamecube era, we just have to wait to see what devs do from now on.We are getting past that 2 year period of adaptation to the new reality, Nintendo is selling the most, and thats something the industry didnt expect.

2009 already looks great, and we havent even heard Nintendo's line-up, as usual.

Anyway, as a developer, nintendo has been fantastic this gen. Its unfair to say otherwise

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

Okay Reggie. So then why would I be more than satisfied with just the 360's lineup alone this Holiday? Theres honestly too many games to play.

Teufelhuhn
because of third party developers.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 JLF1
[QUOTE="sonicmj1"]

Fawlcon_Pawnch

I agree, they do need to attract more third parties. In the past their relationships with third parties werent that hot, but they actually improved alot in that area since the Gamecube era, we just have to wait to see what devs do from now on.We are getting past that 2 year period of adaptation to the new reality, Nintendo is selling the most, and thats something the industry didnt expect.

2009 already looks great, and we havent even heard Nintendo's line-up, as usual.

I think Nintendo is slowly understanding that they need better third party relationships. At the Nintendo live thing last week a ton of third party games were shown unlike at E3 were not a single third party Wii games was shown.
gearsofhalogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 gearsofhalogeek
[QUOTE="gearsofhalogeek"][QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"]

voxware00

you know who played the "we cater to hardcore gamers" card first

sega

wrong, intellivision catered to hardcore gamers first. with intellivoice and the peripheal to turn your intellivision into a crappy computer.

Sega went under when they had NO 3rd party support for all the new hardware add ons the were making, people saw no games after buying a 200 dollar sega cd and 150 dollar 32x (save for a few) and felt burnt. thats why many were hesitant to buy a saturn, or a dreamcast (which in my opinion was a shame)

you know who focused on impressing hardcores with online and alternative storage formats

sega

alternative storage formats have been around since disc based gaming. this had nothing to do with segas demise. and will have nothing to do with nintendos. same with online components. this statement really shows how much you really know. and having an online component did not make the dreamcast any more expensive, than its competitors if thats what your getting at.

see the connection here? catering to the hardcore = death

so your saying ps3 and 360 are going to fail????

LMAO you really dont know what your talking about.

let me know when nintendo releases several hardware addons for new games/formats and internal trouble start brewing between NOA and NOJ .. then i'll tell you when they're starting to look like sega

hardware addons: wii wheel, wii light gun, (both crappy plastic molds) wii fit scale (lol) wii motion plus, wii speak

Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts

Reggie is a funny guy. Wii Fit...really?

nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts

A good idea on Nintendo's part would be to force Camelot to make Golden Sun 3!

sargentbotk

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! I BEG YOU NINTENDO MAKE GOLDEN SUN 3!!!!!!!!!

Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#77 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts
[QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"][QUOTE="sonicmj1"]

JLF1

I think Nintendo is slowly understanding that they need better third party relationships. At the Nintendo live thing last week a ton of third party games were shown unlike at E3 were not a single third party Wii games was shown.

Slowly? I'd have to say that they knew ever since the climb of the PS2 and the drop of the GC. It seems to me that this is THE major reason why Nintendo took the direction they have with the Wii rather than what they have been doing for the past 2 generations.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#78 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
typical reggie he just doesnt get it
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#79 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
[QUOTE="sargentbotk"]

nintendog66

It was being heavy-handed with 3rd parties that got Nintendo into this mess. Notice that they're trying to be as friendly to 3rd parties as possible right now?

gearsofhalogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 gearsofhalogeek
[QUOTE="gearsofhalogeek"]

You saying this is kinda like saying i want someone to develop new titles for the commodore 64..... many developers wish to move forward in graphics, and level design instead of being held back by an underpowered childs toy.

Fawlcon_Pawnch

lolwut?? You are expecting a serious response to that ? not really, no response needed.

No, third party developers are lacking because nintendo expects them to pay too much money to make games for nintendo systems. gotta love that seal of approval.gearsofhalogeek

LOLwut????? *baffled* wow, you really didnt know that the reason why nintendo lost all its 3rd party support from snes to N64, to present? its because they started charging more for their copyright rights for developers to develop games for them (stemming from back in the nes days when tecmo and a few other 3rd party companies were making cartridge games that would play in the nes system without nintendos permissiond), stemming a copyright lawsuit from nintendo and said 3rd parties, in which nintendo won, and from the transition from snes to N64 nintendo started charging larger percentages of each copy of a game sold. which 3rd parties didnt like and left nintendo. thats why hardly any 3rd parties have been developing for nintendo on the N64, gamecube and wii....

hope that clears up your baffledness.

2008 did a good job of that, E3 did an especially good job of that, and Reggies comments posted by the TC did an outstanding job of that...gearsofhalogeek

What the hell are you talking about

k

:lol: Dude, i'm not even wasting my time with you. good

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Fawlcon_Pawnch
[QUOTE="sargentbotk"]

nintendog66

I'd say its a matter of time

Camelot said this:

"We think we have to make another one (Golden Sun). We have to do it! Not just that we have to do it, but we want to do it. Nintendo has asked us to please make it. But at the same time we haven't gotten around to making it. We're not really sure why."

"There are also many requests to make Shining Force III. At one stage we got a petition with many signatures to make a new Shining Force game. This was sent to Sega, Nintendo and Camelot. There are a lot of people that want us to make that game as well. We don't know what form it would take, but we want to answer the requests of the fans."

And this interview was made last year, so maybe your dreams will come true.;)

Or even a new Shining Force:shock:

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
well heres the thing, theres no new zelda is their biggest problem, TP was a dissapointment, that came out 2 years ago and there is no new one in site. Yes they did release brawl, but that also, wasnt as good as it was hyped up to be and for me was the biggest dissapointment of the year, mario kart was better than i expected it to be, but the ds game that came out over 4 years ago was sooo much better, and thats a problem. The other reason gamers are complaining is that outside of say disaster, an unshown pikmin, and a new zelda that is no where in site, there is nothing hardcore in the future, you can call me jaded, whatever, but nintendo just is not delievering and just isnt doing it for me this gen.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 nintendo-4life
typical reggie he just doesnt get itnaruto7777
what doesn't he get? :|
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#84 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

I can see his point about how SMG isnt even a year old yet... but maybe gamers are complaining because the rest of the Wii experince is slacking. A few good games like SMG and Zelda cant cut it. Wii Fit certainly cant cut it either.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#85 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
I'm sure Nintendo could go to 3rd parties and ask to make some games. They sure as hell have the money to fund some games. Get Camelot to make a new Shining Force/ Golden Sun, get Bungie to make an FPS, get Squenix to make a new RPG, just do something. Sitting around waiting for 3rd parties doesn't always work, especially with MS and Sony getting more aggressive to buy games.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 nintendo-4life

I can see his point about how SMG isnt even a year old yet... but maybe gamers are complaining because the rest of the Wii experince is slacking. A few good games like SMG and Zelda cant cut it. Wii Fit certainly cant cut it either.

carljohnson3456
then what does? i'm talking about nintendo here not third party
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#87 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts

well heres the thing, theres no new zelda is their biggest problem, TP was a dissapointment, that came out 2 years ago and there is no new one in site. Yes they did release brawl, but that also, wasnt as good as it was hyped up to be and for me was the biggest dissapointment of the year, mario kart was better than i expected it to be, but the ds game that came out over 4 years ago was sooo much better, and thats a problem. The other reason gamers are complaining is that outside of say disaster, an unshown pikmin, and a new zelda that is no where in site, there is nothing hardcore in the future, you can call me jaded, whatever, but nintendo just is not delievering and just isnt doing it for me this gen.VendettaRed07
If it's not doing it for you, the fine.

However, I'd think by now that everyone knows Nintendo doesn't release info until much later - it's what they've been doing for like the past 7 years.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 VendettaRed07

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]well heres the thing, theres no new zelda is their biggest problem, TP was a dissapointment, that came out 2 years ago and there is no new one in site. Yes they did release brawl, but that also, wasnt as good as it was hyped up to be and for me was the biggest dissapointment of the year, mario kart was better than i expected it to be, but the ds game that came out over 4 years ago was sooo much better, and thats a problem. The other reason gamers are complaining is that outside of say disaster, an unshown pikmin, and a new zelda that is no where in site, there is nothing hardcore in the future, you can call me jaded, whatever, but nintendo just is not delievering and just isnt doing it for me this gen.Pangster007

If it's not doing it for you, the fine.

However, I'd think by now that everyone knows Nintendo doesn't release info until much later - it's what they've been doing for like the past 7 years.

thats not true really, last gen, we knew about titles like pikmin, luigis manshion, Windwaker, all those other titles on the gcn well before they came out. And another thing i dont know why they have like 0 second party developers, i just wish that they should hire another company like rare , SK, or retro whos broken off from them basically, to make killer new games.

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Fawlcon_Pawnch

thats not true really, last gen, we knew about titles like pikmin, luigis manshion, Windwaker, all those other titles on the gcn well before they came out. And another thing i dont know why they have like 0 second party developers, i just wish that they should hire another company like rare , SK, or retro whos broken off from them basically, to make killer new games.

VendettaRed07

You dont know what your talking about. Retro Studios is still a second party developer, the only thing that happened was the departure of two members,

And nintendo bought and owns Monolith Soft now, the guys who made Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos.

woobabooba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 woobabooba
Member since 2008 • 1251 Posts

the n64 was one of the most fun generations of consoles ever.

they had so many badass games dude...nowdays it doesnt seem to be as many games...i remember off the wall developers never heard of making games and stuff....now it's only a select few developers.

that sucks they ruined and noobified the mario kart franchise.

This generation of consoles sucks pretty much.

woobabooba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 woobabooba

Man this generation is seriously lacking.

n64 had so many badass games.

i have a gamecube but i never bought any games except waverace bluestorm which is cool though the line up wasnt nearly as good as n64's and sucks nintendo didnt take online seriously last gen.

woobabooba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 woobabooba

nintendo need's to take powerful hardware seriously again.

They used to care about making pretty powerful consoles now they dont.

I can safely say i had more fun with n64 generation than i had more fun with xbox360 generation.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 VendettaRed07
[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

Fawlcon_Pawnch

You dont know what your talking about. Retro Studios is still a second party developer, the only thing that happened was the departure of two members,

And nintendo bought and owns Monolith Soft now, the guys who made Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos.

yeah but they were like two head directors of the team, its just like what happened to rare when they made the shift to MS, only like 2 or 3 members left the team, they werent from making perfect dark to grabbed by the ghoulies... While it may not be the same, it very well may. and Ive never heard of those last two titles, but monolith is making disaster, which could be good, but does look like anything amazing like their past second party teams used to make

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

Okay Reggie. So then why would I be more than satisfied with just the 360's lineup alone this Holiday? Theres honestly too many games to play.

Teufelhuhn

D:

woobabooba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 woobabooba

Oww yea...i think the nintendo wii sucks....i just do not like the wii mote controller...i wish nintendo would go back to regular controller.

nintendo should just make the gamecube pad the official wii controller and ditch the wii mote crap.

it seems to me the developers arent really pushing wii's hardware also.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Teufelhuhn
Too right.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#97 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Yeah, two games and a fitness sim are enough to both appeal to and keep hardcore players playing 4 months after their release.

Who would think gamers would want more than a handful of games?

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Fawlcon_Pawnch
[QUOTE="Fawlcon_Pawnch"][QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

VendettaRed07

yeah but they were like two head directors of the team, its just like what happened to rare when they made the shift to MS, only like 2 or 3 members left the team, they werent from making perfect dark to grabbed by the ghoulies... While it may not be the same, it very well may. and Ive never heard of those last two titles, but monolith is making disaster, which could be good, but does look like anything amazing like their past second party teams used to make

You'v never heard of Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos? They are pretty popular

Retro Studios is composed of alot of talanted people, those two were important but its not like they were the only responsible for quality. The rest of the Metroid team is still there.

Disaster Day of Crisis was a secondary project of Monolith Soft that was half done a year ago. They already stated that they are an RPG team, so its pretty safe to say an RPG is/has been in the works.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Yeah, two games and a fitness sim are enough to both appeal to and keep hardcore players playing 4 months after their release.

Who would think gamers would want more than a handful of games?

SpruceCaboose

Recently Reggie Told his Kids to stop complaining, that they are insatiable and rapacious too. He fed them food LAST WEEK! Greedy bastards.

nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts
[QUOTE="nintendog66"][QUOTE="sargentbotk"]

Fawlcon_Pawnch

I'd say its a matter of time

Camelot said this:

"We think we have to make another one (Golden Sun). We have to do it! Not just that we have to do it, but we want to do it. Nintendo has asked us to please make it. But at the same time we haven't gotten around to making it. We're not really sure why."

"There are also many requests to make Shining Force III. At one stage we got a petition with many signatures to make a new Shining Force game. This was sent to Sega, Nintendo and Camelot. There are a lot of people that want us to make that game as well. We don't know what form it would take, but we want to answer the requests of the fans."

And this interview was made last year, so maybe your dreams will come true.;)

Or even a new Shining Force:shock:

Well yeah that the problem, it's been a year and nothing... Nothing in E3 or the October conference or TGS... *sigh* Why Nintendo WHY!?!?!:cry: