Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@davillain- said:
@sealionact said:

@davillain-: Dont think it's on PC. Might be wrong.

I mean, even if it isn't, RDR2 on Game Pass itself is still awesome for any Xbox One fans to play it. I really enjoy RDR2 for its slow burn western game.

Yeah, i think it's coming for Xbox to replace GTA V. But in terms of advertising the service, that seems like a pretty big game to have

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@tormentos said:

Most of you lemming look alike

Jeez, racist.

That's ok as long as we don't look like him lol

Da thumbs, da thumbs lol.
Da thumbs, da thumbs lol.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3055 Posts

@i_p_daily: what's wrong with that guy?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#104  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@virusvaccine21 said:

Now do the math. Latest PSNOW's numbers are close to 2 million at $10 a month vs. Gamepass 10 million at $1 a month.

Sony is generating $20 million a month with their service

Microsoft is generating $10 million a month with their service

Humm, okay? Basically Microsoft is throwing away their service and yet making less money.

microsoft isn't making less money, this isn't their core business.

Microsoft is making 40 times as much and is worth a 100 sony's.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 VirusVaccine21
Member since 2020 • 748 Posts
@i_p_daily said:
@tormentos said:

@i_p_daily:

You are an alt and was pretty easy to spot when you showed here one day and started posting like if you have 10 years posting already.🤣

Poor tormy, sad that i'm taking down another one of the moo moo family.

You say i'm an alt and easy to spot, so if it is that easy who am I the alt of???

(this is the part ladies & gentlemen where tormy starts to spin his BS)

I'll wait tormy :)

Oh look, he literally lives in System Wars, posting 24/7 with a neckbeard and doesn't have alts. Come on, we all know most of your lemmings friends here are sub accounts.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#106  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70297 Posts

You know things are bad when gamers start bragging about company A is making more money than company B.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6855 Posts

@Pedro said:

You know things are bad when gamers start bragging about company A is making more money than company B.

It's what all the cool kids are doing!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@lamprey263 said:
@r-gamer said:

@lamprey263: Considering XBL is also on PC you are factually wrong.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-now/ps-now-on-pc/

PS Now is on PC too, funny how in your mind that counts against MS but not Sony

Yeah and is not 1 dollar a month with this gen games and even hot fresh releases.

Hell you people are so busy with the 10 million accounts that miss the 90 million inflated number by PC free accounts on xbox live.

God only knows how many gamepass are on xbox and how many on PC,considering it was a bargain to get the service for 1 dollar.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 tormentos

@ConanTheStoner said:

Jeez, racist.

It sounded like that but i am not talking about black people,chineses,japanese white people or a rase,i was talking about a bunch of pople who have the same posting stile.

You can say i have bad gramathical skills,my thumb is uggly or any crap like that,but one thing i am not is racist or homofobic either.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23725 Posts
@tormentos said:

It sounded like that but i am not talking about black people,chineses,japanese white people or a rase,i was talking about a bunch of pople who have the same posting stile.

You can say i have bad gramathical skills,my thumb is uggly or any crap like that,but one thing i am not is racist or homofobic either.

Kinda want to dig in and troll with this, but nah. Was just a joke bro, I don't think you're racist. It's like quoting someone saying "you people" out of context.

Your grammar is fine man, I always understand what you're saying.

And your thumb is outstanding.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@commander: In gaming Sony stomps MS.

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts

Gamepass is great. I got friends on Xbox who I occasionally play with where we can just pick a game here and there to play without any extra costs, or I can play a brand new game like Gears Tactics by myself on PC (haven't played it yet, it could be complete garbo but that's not the point).

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By R-Gamer

@lamprey263: Only PS now though..PSN as in (Playstation network subscriptions) is not on PC and PSN stomps XBL in subscriber count.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Game Pass is an amazing service, just amazing. People who keep talking about how few MS games are worth playing are really missing the point. There's lots of AAA stuff on there that is not owned or even published by MS.

Nier Automata, Red Dead 2, the later Tomb Raider games, GTA 5 was on there recently, Witcher 3, Monster Hunter World, Pillars of Eternity, the Yakuza games are slowly making their way on there one by one, all of which are excellent. I could go on and on and on so many big titles that have been on there and are on there now. Games usually stay on there a very long time too so there's no rush to play them before they disappear.

If you own a PC or an Xbox One and you don't have Game Pass you are simply doing it wrong. Even if you're just curious about certain games how can it not be worth a dollar to play with it for a month to find out for yourself?

It's the best thing to happen to gaming in I don't know how long and anyone who disses Game Pass isn't a gamer, just another psychotic fanboy who can be safely dismissed as a complete idiot.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 tormentos

@ConanTheStoner said:

Kinda want to dig in and troll with this, but nah. Was just a joke bro, I don't think you're racist. It's like quoting someone saying "you people" out of context.

Your grammar is fine man, I always understand what you're saying.

And your thumb is outstanding.

My bad,believe me i apologize if i sounded that way to anyone here.

🤣 is from my mom she has that same thumb..😂

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23725 Posts

Well, ya know what they say. Like mother, like thumb.

Yeah no need to apologize man. Would take a true idiot to think you actually meant that as something racist lol.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#117 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44662 Posts

@r-gamer: PSN accounts are not the same as PS Plus accounts, the very article you posted said the PS Plus subscription numbers are just over 1/3 the 103 million active PSN accounts. As to your assertion PSN not being required to use PS Now on PC, you actually do need one, you just don't need a PS Plus subscription. It doesn't cost money to have a PSN account just how you don't need to pay for XBL Gold to have an XBL account. Though non-subscription accounts on either don't get all the features, there are still free online features for both (friends, achievements/trophies, use of store, management of digital rights, game updates, etc) and hence how they can track active users.

And that being said, Sony having just over 100 million active PSN accounts with at least double the current gen install base (plus same pool of potential PC users) but only has a narrow lead on active users against Microsoft's 90 million active users, just goes to what I said before, that proportionally the Xbox manages to have a higher engagement among users than PlayStation does. But, also like I said before, and this has been know for years, that Xbox gamers proportionally buy more games, spend more time playing those games, have a higher use of the subscription services, so not sure why you are grasping at straws trying to argue otherwise.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#118 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12366 Posts
@blueinheaven said:

Game Pass is an amazing service, just amazing. People who keep talking about how few MS games are worth playing are really missing the point. There's lots of AAA stuff on there that is not owned or even published by MS.

Nier Automata, Red Dead 2, the later Tomb Raider games, GTA 5 was on there recently, Witcher 3, Monster Hunter World, Pillars of Eternity, the Yakuza games are slowly making their way on there one by one, all of which are excellent. I could go on and on and on so many big titles that have been on there and are on there now. Games usually stay on there a very long time too so there's no rush to play them before they disappear.

If you own a PC or an Xbox One and you don't have Game Pass you are simply doing it wrong. Even if you're just curious about certain games how can it not be worth a dollar to play with it for a month to find out for yourself?

It's the best thing to happen to gaming in I don't know how long and anyone who disses Game Pass isn't a gamer, just another psychotic fanboy who can be safely dismissed as a complete idiot.

I agree that most who diss Game Pass are fanboys but, *some* have legit concerns. People keep on saying it's the 'Netflix of gaming' yet forget about all of the new problems Netflix introduced and could introduce into a new industry like gaming when it creates a whole new standard of consumption.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#119 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:
@blueinheaven said:

I agree that most who diss Game Pass are fanboys but, *some* have legit concerns. People keep on saying it's the 'Netflix of gaming' yet forget about all of the new problems Netflix introduced and could introduce into a new industry like gaming when it creates a whole new standard of consumption.

I'm not sure that's a good analogy. I can see where Netflix is at where they saturate the whole concept with dross punctuated with intermittent good 'watchable' material. But who are they competing with? How many people still buy blurays or DVDS?

Gaming is just a different beast IMO and I don't think the same rules apply. You have to give people what they want or they just say yeah whatever and move on. MS are doing exactly that, a constant stream of really good games to complement their own published games which are always free day one.

A better question I think is how long can they sustain that model? Already there are so many deals for Game Pass I personally am signed up till the end of next year for less than the cost of two full priced games.

It will be interesting to see where Game Pass sits closer to the release of Series X. They can't continue to throw money at this forever. Regardless, it's currently the best deal in gaming hands down, no contest, no argument. That may change in the future but I'm totally behind it as it stands right now.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1103 Posts

I find it funny the ONLY thing Sony fanboys argue against the service is

• Revenue numbers
  • Cost
  • Console sales
  • Profit

None are relevant to consumers and not even to investors. Sorry I think majority of the people here are out of touch of general consumers and even investors. None which care about profit and revenue in its current stage, growth is the only metric that matters to investors. Otherwise they would have mentioned it to MS execs during the earnings call.

IMHO if Sony wants to be relevant in the Netflix-like gaming subscription market they need to

• Expand in partnerships with OEMs, carriers
  • Aggressively work with indies and third parties
  • Launch their service Day 1 on the service.
MakotoNiijima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 MakotoNiijima
Member since 2020 • 121 Posts

Amazing service. Recently been playing Yakuza 0 and Ori 2.

Wish Nintendo Switch had something similar.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@commander said:
@virusvaccine21 said:

Now do the math. Latest PSNOW's numbers are close to 2 million at $10 a month vs. Gamepass 10 million at $1 a month.

Sony is generating $20 million a month with their service

Microsoft is generating $10 million a month with their service

Humm, okay? Basically Microsoft is throwing away their service and yet making less money.

microsoft isn't making less money, this isn't their core business.

Microsoft is making 40 times as much and is worth a 100 sony's.

@virusvaccine21 compared retail asking price for Sony's PSNow against non-retail asking price for MS which is flawed.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/9/18658682/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-pc-games-xbox-live-pricing-features-e3-2019

Microsoft now offers the following subscription services:

• Xbox Game Pass PC - $9.99 per month, includes more than 100 PC games
  • Xbox Game Pass Console Games - $9.99 per month, includes more than 100 Xbox games
  • Xbox Live Gold - $9.99 per month, includes access to online multiplayer games
  • Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - $14.99 per month, Xbox Game Pass PC, Xbox Live Gold, and Xbox Game Pass Console Games

Xbox Game Pass PC Beta has $4.99. Promotional $1 cost is for 1 month which switches to the regular monthly price.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 R-Gamer

@lamprey263: XBL use to have far more users. This gen they have lost that lead completely.

And although XBL users may spend more time on games and subscription services Sony users spend more money on games $$. That tells me Sony users play mire games while MS users spend lots of time on one game. Not really a good scenario for MS. Hence why they lack quality first party content.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Daniel_Su123

@r-gamer:

I'd argue that it's the opposite. It's a terrible result for Sony if they want to take PSNow seriously.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By commander

@r-gamer said:

@commander: In gaming Sony stomps MS.

not for me it doesn't, my mostly played games this generation, magic duels fifa and world of tanks were either released later (world of tanks), had a lot less content till 2018 that it was completely different gaming experience (fifa, no icons), or it was simply not on the playstation (magic duels)

and the pc versions of these games were vastly different as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@virusvaccine21 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@tormentos said:

@i_p_daily:

You are an alt and was pretty easy to spot when you showed here one day and started posting like if you have 10 years posting already.🤣

Poor tormy, sad that i'm taking down another one of the moo moo family.

You say i'm an alt and easy to spot, so if it is that easy who am I the alt of???

(this is the part ladies & gentlemen where tormy starts to spin his BS)

I'll wait tormy :)

Oh look, he literally lives in System Wars, posting 24/7 with a neckbeard and doesn't have alts. Come on, we all know most of your lemmings friends here are sub accounts.

I always find it funny when an alt calls others alts lol.

Good luck on your next account, I would say take the lessons you've learned here for your next alt, but you alts never learn lol.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 R-Gamer

@commander: In terms of revenue and market share they stomp MS.. everything else is subjective.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By R-Gamer

@daniel_su123: Making PS Now a better service would destroy game revenue. They don't have to release all exclusives day one on a service because their games actually sell. MS needs to focus on service because they can't sell hardware.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By commander

@r-gamer said:

@commander: In terms of revenue and market share they stomp MS.. everything else is subjective.

yeah right most of the world runs windows and a lot of them play games on it.

ms is literally worth a 100 sony's, the only competition of ms is themselves.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Daniel_Su123

@r-gamer: Like I say, if Game Pass becomes the 'Go-to' Game subscription service for users on Mobile, Smart TVs, Consoles, PCs etc. It'll be too late for Sony. Since Sony and many gaming companies are so weak in competing, it's likely that Game Pass will become a lot bigger and grow a lot faster than PSNow.

PSNow has nowhere to grow outside of PS Consoles.

If this is the mentality that Sony wants to have, afraid to say that they will become the Blockbuster of the industry.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#131 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3664 Posts

I love Game Pass on Xbox One. I see it as Netflix of gaming though most of the titles are some that I have on PS4 like Shenmue, Tomb Raider, Mortal Kombat X, to name a few. Though I do like that they have a game like Bloodstained Ritual of The Night that I was able to play and loved it. I didn't buy it as I found it cheaper on PSN which is the only negative about the service. I paid $22 on PSN while it was $35 or something like that on Ultimate Game Pass.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 commander

LOL I just realized i can actually play those games on pc as well

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 R-Gamer

@commander: Talking about gaming division... Sonys gaming division is over 2x Microsofts.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 R-Gamer

@daniel_su123: That's if you think subscription services will run the industry

.. I say it's doubtful. Servers can only hold so much data.. you limit your library relying solely on a prescription. Sony could bundle PS now with PS+ and MS is screwed.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#135 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

It does look awesome, it's what has me interested in Xbox again with the Series X.

PS Now has gotten tons better lately too. Subscribe to both and that's over 1100 games at your fingertips.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Daniel_Su123

@r-gamer:

@r-gamer said:

@daniel_su123: That's if you think subscription services will run the industry

.. I say it's doubtful. Servers can only hold so much data.. you limit your library relying solely on a prescription. Sony could bundle PS now with PS+ and MS is screwed.

Who says it's doubtful. History has shown in other industries that subscriptions will become mainstream. Gaming is no exception. In regards to servers, yes that applies to Sony servers because PSNow at the moment can only support up to 5 million users. Azure, AWS. Google Cloud servers can handle a lot more users.

As of now, Sony is irrelevant in the Netflix-like streaming and they will soon become irrelevant in the Cloud gaming market as well, especially when competing against Big Tech companies.

Whether Sony can successfully bundle PSNow and PS+ while keeping the same price is a BIG IF.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By commander

@r-gamer said:

@commander: Talking about gaming division... Sonys gaming division is over 2x Microsofts.

gaming is about operating systems and hardware as well. Microsoft pretty much owns the gaming pc market for operating systems. Direct x on pc is all microsoft.

and sony isn't much else than a gaming division, microsoft can just pump more money into xbox to make it more successfull, they already did with the xbox 360, and now they are doing it again with gamepass and xbox series x.

like I said, sony is not a competitor of microsoft, ms is its own competitor, they just decide how much money they put towards it.

They even have to let sony thrive, since otherwise they could run into monopoly problems. They already had that problem in the past, I mean ms can just buy sony and all their assets 2 times over with just their net gains every year.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By R-Gamer

@commander: MS OS profits have nothing to do with gaming profits. It's a different division.

My point is Sony has no reason to follow MS when they are dominating MS in gaming. I realize the Xbox brand could lose a billion dollars every quarter and it would not faze MS as they have deep pockets. Im Just saying trying to turn the Playstation brand into just a subscription service is a recipe for failure.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By commander

@r-gamer said:

@commander: MS OS profits have nothing to do with gaming profits. It's a different division.

My point is Sony has no reason to follow MS when they are dominating MS in gaming. I realize the Xbox brand could lose a billion dollars every quarter and it would not faze MS as they have deep pockets. Im Just saying trying to turn the Playstation brand into just a subscription service is a recipe for failure.

yes of course windows has something to do with gaming profits, where do you think the x in xbox comes from. It comes from directx , the api that is needed to make games on windows and xbox. All pc graphic cards use it, they don't use sony api's, which are used in the playstation.

sony isn't dominating ms in gaming, ms owns the pc gaming os market pretty much since the nineties.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@commander: You write a lot for being so clueless.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 commander

@vfighter said:

@commander: You write a lot for being so clueless.

seems like you're the one that's being clueless since you have 'ZERO' arguments.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#142 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

I periodically subscribe, it is good value if you play a lot.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Daniel_Su123
@r-gamer said:

My point is Sony has no reason to follow MS when they are dominating MS in gaming. I realize the Xbox brand could lose a billion dollars every quarter and it would not faze MS as they have deep pockets. I'm Just saying trying to turn the Playstation brand into just a subscription service is a recipe for failure.

Of course, it'll be a recipe for disaster for Sony. Sony simply cannot sustain a product like Game Pass and grow the user base fast enough to make up the investment. Even EA doesn't regularly release titles onto EA/Origin Access like Game Pass, because they know they won't be able to afford it.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

This just means ps now would be at 20 million if it was a dollar. 50 million if exclusives were on it day 1 lol

Pretty decent numbers despite it being a cheap service tho.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 tormentos

@daniel_su123 said:

Of course, it'll be a recipe for disaster for Sony. Sony simply cannot sustain a product like Game Pass and grow the user base fast enough to make up the investment. Even EA doesn't regularly release titles onto EA/Origin Access like Game Pass, because they know they won't be able to afford it.

Yeah how do you know most of those are not PC gamers using a cheap way of playing xbox games? Xbox live has 90 million users yet the xbox has sold half of that or a little more,the rest a FREE PC accounts.

But again it was been basically free it was a damn dollar,hell even with PS3 games if PS Now is offer for 1 dollar a month i am sure it wold spike to hell and beyond.

Yeah i love this sad notions that sony can't do this or sony can't do that while sony has close to 20 years kicking the xbox and MS ass even on its worse days.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Daniel_Su123
@tormentos said:
@daniel_su123 said:

Yeah how do you know most of those are not PC gamers using a cheap way of playing xbox games? Xbox live has 90 million users yet the xbox has sold half of that or a little more,the rest a FREE PC accounts.

But again it was been basically free it was a damn dollar,hell even with PS3 games if PS Now is offer for 1 dollar a month i am sure it wold spike to hell and beyond.

Yeah i love this sad notions that sony can't do this or sony can't do that while sony has close to 20 years kicking the xbox and MS ass even on its worse days.

The user is irrelevant. If users are using $1 to play Xbox games, The burden falls under Microsoft. The will happen to Sony if they were to compete against the output on 1st, indies, 3rd parties of Game Pass. You wonder why PSNow's output has been reduced since the price cut? Because they can't sustain the previous output.

Until Sony can increase output of content, and offer lower prices while maintaining quality. They will likely never grow as rapidly as Game Pass.

Bundling PSNow + PS+ won't work since it'll require users to pay more.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8381 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

@r-gamer: PSN accounts are not the same as PS Plus accounts, the very article you posted said the PS Plus subscription numbers are just over 1/3 the 103 million active PSN accounts. As to your assertion PSN not being required to use PS Now on PC, you actually do need one, you just don't need a PS Plus subscription. It doesn't cost money to have a PSN account just how you don't need to pay for XBL Gold to have an XBL account. Though non-subscription accounts on either don't get all the features, there are still free online features for both (friends, achievements/trophies, use of store, management of digital rights, game updates, etc) and hence how they can track active users.

And that being said, Sony having just over 100 million active PSN accounts with at least double the current gen install base (plus same pool of potential PC users) but only has a narrow lead on active users against Microsoft's 90 million active users, just goes to what I said before, that proportionally the Xbox manages to have a higher engagement among users than PlayStation does. But, also like I said before, and this has been know for years, that Xbox gamers proportionally buy more games, spend more time playing those games, have a higher use of the subscription services, so not sure why you are grasping at straws trying to argue otherwise.

these are the numbers i find most interesting:

Sony has sold/shipped over 100 million PS4 consoles this gen and have over 100 million active PSN users..

Microsoft has sold/shipped over 40~ million Xbox One consoles this gen and have over 90 million active XBL users..

This just again shows that console sales aren't the end-all-be-all when it comes to consumer engagement (consumer engagement being the metric that most directly equates to software sales and services adoption).. Microsoft is setting themselves up for a generation where it doesn't matter what piece of plastic you game on while Sony fanboys are still content counting pieces of plastic as some form of ultimate victory.. the lack of long-term vision with some of these people is pretty surprising..

I mean just look at those numbers.. about half the consoles sold yet they have a comparable number of active users.. if that doesnt give you a clue about how "Xbox" is evolving with this new digital age better than the competition, i don't know what to tell you..

10 million Game Pass subscribers is absolutely huge and destroys anything the competition is offering in terms of an install base.. You add XCloud to Game Pass (as was just announced) and that's likely a killing blow against Stadia and PS Now.. Couple that with the fact that Sony has partnered up with Azure and Microsoft is clearly putting all the pieces in place to be the de-facto king of cloud gaming in this upcoming generation..

So to recap, that's the most powerful next-gen console hardware in Xbox Series X, the most cost effective next-gen console hardware in the rumored Xbox Series S, continued growth in Xbox Live on PC via both Steam and Microsoft Store, Game Pass being coupled with XCloud to increase reach and accessibility, along with 15 first-party game studios for core gaming content..

ladies and gentlemen, this ^ is a winning strategy.. they still have to execute and who knows how that will play out but there is definitely a reason to be excited about Xbox this upcoming generation beyond teh TFlops..

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By R-Gamer

@Antwan3K: The problem with your argument is you fail to mention Sony stomps MS in total game revenue. In the end this is what matters. MS having a massive amount of subscribers doesn't mean much when they got the vast majority of them for $1 a month added to a XBL subscription. In other words that's not sustainable. If MS plan is working so well how is Sony able to consistently pull in more gaming revenue and profit every quarter? Racing to the bottom and trying to become another subscription service is not a recipe for success. Quality hardware and exclusives matter and it's important to support it with a great eco system. As of now MS dimply doesn't have the exclusive content.

And I had to lol at the king of cloud gaming comment. Google Stadia is flopping on its ass. Nobody gives a shit about cloud gaming.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8381 Posts

@r-gamer: again, having sold half the consoles but yet achieving a comparible number of active users shows that consoles sales =/= active users anymore.. Period.. And I don't know why you keep trying to shoehorn revenue into every post.. Xbox revenue is doing just fine despite abysmal console sales and that's due primarily to Xbox Live engagement, software, and services.. Sony has sold more than double the consoles and have more active users so it would make sense that they have better revenue.. That still doesn't change the fact that Xbox has 90~ million active users versus Playstation's 100~ million actives users but with less than half the consoles.. That right there tells you that Microsoft have been making some pretty damn good decisions lately in order to bridge that gap..

And who said quality hardware and great exclusives don't matter?.. The Xbox Series X is quality hardware.. 15 first-party studios means exclusive games.. I've already mentioned that these are things for Xbox fans to get excited about..

Who cares about cloud gaming?.. Well for one, Sony certainly does since they decided to partner up to use Microsoft's Azure to bolster their ability to operate in that arena..

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 tormentos

@Antwan3K said:

@r-gamer: again, having sold half the consoles but yet achieving a comparible number of active users shows that consoles sales =/= active users anymore.. Period.. I don't know why you keep trying to shoehorn revenue into every post.. Xbox revenue is doing just fine despite abysmal console sales and that's due primarily to Xbox Live engagement, software, and services.. Sony has sold more than double the consoles and have more active users so it would make sense that they have better revenue.. That still doesn't change the fact that Xbox has 90~ million active users versus Playstation's 100~ million actives users but with less than half the consoles.. That right there tells you that Microsoft have been making some pretty damn good decisions lately in order to bridge that gap..

And who said quality hardware and great exclusives don't matter?.. The Xbox Series X is quality hardware.. 15 first-party studios means exclusive games.. I've already mentioned that these are things for Xbox fans to get excited about..

Who cares about cloud gaming?.. Well for one, Sony certainly does since they decided to partner up to use Microsoft's Azure to bolster their ability to operate in that arena..

No what it shows is that MS has a fu** ton of free xbox live accounts on PC,the xbox can't be 50 million and have 90 million accounts.

Hell having 50 million even without live on PC it would not be 50 million xbox live account because that would be a 1 to 1 account ration and mean every single xbox owner pays for live which has never been the case,on fact live penetration on 360 was about 50%.