Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56483 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

@mrbojangles25: I plan on subscribing to Uplay when they release gods & monster and AC Valhala.

I think it beats paying full price for these games.

I don't plan on staying subscribed. Just beat them and move on.

I don't understand this.

If you have an interest in playing the games, then why not pay the devs for their hard work rather then skimming and paying only a portion of what a game normally cost?

I mean if I like a game I buy it and support the devs so they can make another. And if say you only have a passing interest then why not wait until they are on sale?

As R4gn4r0k said, it beats paying full price vs well...pirating games and that's another thing, it does help swaying PC gamers to not pirate when you can just sub and play games and move onto something else. I never sub to Uplay as I don't play that much of Ubisoft games, but I will be buying Assassin's Creed: Valhala (I love anything Norse Mythology) & Watch Dogs 3 but not at full price, there's CDKey where I can buy the games for less on release.

But more to the point, paying subs like Gamepass, Uplay, & EA Origin Premier really do help for most gamers who don't wanna pay full price and nothing's wrong renting games ya'know.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45545 Posts

I've tried it a few times. It's good when you get the really cheap trials. But I wouldn't pay $15 a month for it. Library is too restricted and you don't own the game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@davillain- said:

As R4gn4r0k said, it beats paying full price vs well...pirating games and that's another thing, it does help swaying PC gamers to not pirate when you can just sub and play games and move onto something else. I never sub to Uplay as I don't play that much of Ubisoft games, but I will be buying Assassin's Creed: Valhala (I love anything Norse Mythology) & Watch Dogs 3 but not at full price, there's CDKey where I can buy the games for less on release.

But more to the point, paying subs like Gamepass, Uplay, & EA Origin Premier really do help for most gamers who don't wanna pay full price and nothing's wrong renting games ya'know.

Oh yeah, I never pay full price on release. I always look around. Mostly buy on Greenmangaming or key sites. Prefer greenmangaming over key sites. But nothing beats getting a new game for almost half off.

Subscribing to a service, playing some games and unsubbing is just another option in an endless list of options.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11274 Posts

@sealionact said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Lol, this silly news is hurting you isnt it? You wouldn't happen to have a source for either of your equally silly claims would you?

You do know that it doesnt cost MS anything to get the games on GP? You do understand that devs get a share of GP income?

What income? Xbox game revenue is down... again. MS pays to have the games on the service ala Netflix. Can you imagine trying to split the revenue of $1 subs with a bunch of major publishers? Game Pass is good now, but that kind of excess isn't gonna last forever. Things are changing too fast. That's why I'm not even gonna get used to it.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 VirusVaccine21
Member since 2020 • 748 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@virusvaccine21 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@virusvaccine21 said:
@i_p_daily said:

You cow alts are easy to spot.

I await but I have a Switch/PC/Xbox replies from you 2 lol.

If you check my previous posts, then you'd know I mainly play on the PC, but of course your lemming brain is injected with xbox juice.

Oh I "primarily" play on PC, geez I haven't heard that one before, I mean someone even made a meme specifically for that answer lol

Notice how he didn't argue about being an alt l

Yes believe it or not some people play multiple systems, but if you'd like to know the Xboxone is the only one I don't play and for good reason. But yes, PC/Switch/PS4 for life. Now go play your Kinect little lemming.

Oh I know people play multiple systems, that's doesn't mean they're the fictional thing SW likes to call "manticore" because they will always fanboy one over the other. There are plenty of people on here that do exactly that.

You're the same thing little cow alt.

You can tell when someone's an alt, as when they reply/quote you they will talk about everything except touching on the alt part lol.

You are a virus and sooner or later the mods (vaccine) will eradicate you lol.

Have a nice alting day :)

So just because I don't like the Xbone, I don't play multiple systems and am I cow? You're just jelouse because I'm not a lemming suffering this whole gen because your favorite console is in last place by a long-shot. Now, go save up for a gaming rig little lemming, you can play all of your favorite Xbox games on the PC but with glorious 4k and top-line specs.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

So what happens when you stop subscribing?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@tenaka2 said:

So what happens when you stop subscribing?

You lose everything from the games you rented out.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@i_p_daily said:

He's a hardcore cow that's how its a negative, no shit he is a hardcore cow lol.

Obviously, but still fun to watch people try to rationalize a nonsense take.

He tends (99% of the time) to shit in threads and leaves before he wipes his arse, so you won't get a response from him, but at least his shit is consistent, runny lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@adsparky said:

Have to ask, how does it work for the devs? does Microsoft give them a pay check each month or what?

HERE'S an article with quotes from multiple devs.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

FYI... Hot off the press..

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-game-pass-will-support-xcloud-this-year-heres/1100-6476673/

Xbox Game Pass Will Support xCloud This Year--Here's Why That's A Big Deal

Is Microsoft getting closer to creating the "Netflix of games"? Here's everything you need to know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@virusvaccine21 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@virusvaccine21 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@virusvaccine21 said:

If you check my previous posts, then you'd know I mainly play on the PC, but of course your lemming brain is injected with xbox juice.

Oh I "primarily" play on PC, geez I haven't heard that one before, I mean someone even made a meme specifically for that answer lol

Yes believe it or not some people play multiple systems, but if you'd like to know the Xboxone is the only one I don't play and for good reason. But yes, PC/Switch/PS4 for life. Now go play your Kinect little lemming.

Oh I know people play multiple systems, that's doesn't mean they're the fictional thing SW likes to call "manticore" because they will always fanboy one over the other. There are plenty of people on here that do exactly that.

You can tell when someone's an alt, as when they reply/quote you they will talk about everything except touching on the alt part lol.

So just because I don't like the Xbone, I don't play multiple systems and am I cow? You're just jelouse because I'm not a lemming suffering this whole gen because your favorite console is in last place by a long-shot. Now, go save up for a gaming rig little lemming, you can play all of your favorite Xbox games on the PC but with glorious 4k and top-line specs.

Me jealous of an alt such as yourself lol, you're just outing yourself and i'm just along for the ride cow alt LOL.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: Thing is, youre claiming something based on a hunch. By all means, if you have a link saying MS pays devs a flat fee for each game, feel free to post it....even then, the 100 or so games plus new arrivals are nowhere near worth half a billion. lol.

I mean SW, banter, lolz, giggles and fanboyisms etc are all good fun, but you're way off on this one.

Gamepass forced Sony to change its Psnow model. It gives indie devs exposure plus income from microtransactions, dlc and full game purchases on Gp. It gives bigger 3rd party games like rdr2 and gta a chance to gain more income after their normal release and again, suggesting everybody on GP is paying $1 is too silly to take seriously.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 sealionact

The best thing about gamepass has been finding games I wouldn't dream about buying. Subnautica, Oxenfree, Alien Isolation, 2 point hospital, Bomber crew, Inside...hell even Witcher 3 seemed a bit long winded until I tried it.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7342 Posts

@virusvaccine21 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@virusvaccine21 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@virusvaccine21 said:

Now do the math. Latest PSNOW's numbers are close to 2 million at $10 a month vs. Gamepass 10 million at $1 a month.

Sony is generating $20 million a month with their service

Microsoft is generating $10 million a month with their service

Humm, okay? Basically Microsoft is throwing away their service and yet making less money.

@r-gamer said:

Does it matter if Sony kills them in gaming revenue every quarter?

You cow alts are easy to spot.

I await but I have a Switch/PC/Xbox replies from you 2 lol.

Notice how he didn't argue about being an alt lol
Notice how he didn't argue about being an alt lol

stop embarrassing us cows with this non-sense lol. fanboy or not Microsoft is doing fine and love having them to compete with.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7342 Posts
@sealionact said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Lol, this silly news is hurting you isnt it? You wouldn't happen to have a source for either of your equally silly claims would you?

You do know that it doesnt cost MS anything to get the games on GP? You do understand that devs get a share of GP income?

i just hope it's enough to compensate from physical and digital especially games that come out day one on gamepass. I hope that Microsoft first party the new dev teams gets enough to make AAA games. just saying. and for the ones that don't know this about the dev's make money off of gamepass has no brains because if that was the case there service would be worse than the ps now. which until i see most not all i know that can't happen of ps1-ps4 games on the ps now for the ps5 then i would get it. until then I will buy my games. as a sony fan i do see gamepass as a good service.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11821 Posts

This lockdown is the perfect time to be subscribed to Game Pass. You'll have more then enough free time to play as many games as possible in just a month alone.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

10 million users? So that means they made 10 million dollars back for giving away a half billion dollars worth of games. Phil Spencer, you genius you. You may not make the Xbox division ANY money, but man you sure can burn some cash. That'll show ResetEra!

That is Cow math right there. Glad you are not my accountant.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 VirusVaccine21

@i_p_daily said:
@virusvaccine21 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@virusvaccine21 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Notice how he didn't argue about being an al
Notice how he didn't argue about being an al

Me jealous of an alt such as yourself lol, you're just outing yourself and i'm just along for the ride cow alt LOL.

Just admit you got triggered because as a rabid lemming the fact that PSNOW is making more money than Gamepass severely hurt you. That and the PS4 selling almost 3 times more and Xbox having barely any exclusive games. I know, wipe those tears off.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 sealionact

@virusvaccine21: My money is on Boxrekt...but seeing as it's impossible that two Cows have such bad spelling, it might be tormy too.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 BenjaminBanklin

@sealionact said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Thing is, youre claiming something based on a hunch. By all means, if you have a link saying MS pays devs a flat fee for each game, feel free to post it....even then, the 100 or so games plus new arrivals are nowhere near worth half a billion. lol.

I mean SW, banter, lolz, giggles and fanboyisms etc are all good fun, but you're way off on this one.

Gamepass forced Sony to change its Psnow model. It gives indie devs exposure plus income from microtransactions, dlc and full game purchases on Gp. It gives bigger 3rd party games like rdr2 and gta a chance to gain more income after their normal release and again, suggesting everybody on GP is paying $1 is too silly to take seriously.

It's obviously not based on usage, there's too many games on the service to amount to a fair payment among the games that are offered. There's a contract put up front and the games are added for a fixed fee between MS and the dev/publisher. It's probably not as much for third parties (that aren't big games), but when they put their first party stuff on the service, that money is GONE. And MS's efforts are performing the worst on it. What happened to Gears MP and Bleeding Edge? Gone in the wind.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 BenjaminBanklin

@sleepnsurf said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

10 million users? So that means they made 10 million dollars back for giving away a half billion dollars worth of games. Phil Spencer, you genius you. You may not make the Xbox division ANY money, but man you sure can burn some cash. That'll show ResetEra!

That is Cow math right there. Glad you are not my accountant.

That's Microsoft math. Phil Spencer walks into Satya Nadella's office and asks for some "Beat Sony" money. 🤣

"Are you even making any money over there, Phil?"

"Don't worry about it"

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@i_p_daily:

Lemmings alts are even easier to spot including you.🤣

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 tormentos

So this is what I get from this there is a 1 dollar offer man 1 dollar if PSNow was a dollar I am sure much more people would have the service,another thing is you will not get shinny new games with PS Now like you have with MS first party games,so it's an easy way to play those Xbox games that most of the time are more meh that great.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 tormentos

@sealionact:

My posting is unique,and is a clear giveaway to who I may post as here like eltormo proved,aside from that I have no accounts here unlike you I am sure.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

Gamepass is an insane value and they're practically giving it away, so that explains the growth.

What will be more interesting will be to see the financials in the quarterly earnings call.

Also, it'll be interesting to see if these current subscribers retain their subscription once the promo pricing ends.

All that stated, Sony would do well to offer aggressive promo-pricing.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#76 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9619 Posts

Where as I do feel as though Game Pass is an awesome service comparing the numbers of a service that most people have been paying an extremely small amount for is an unfair comparison. On that note however I would say at this point in time that Game Pass is better. I hope SONY steps their game up a bit and makes their next gen service a little more on par and also partakes in a game preview program as well.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 BenjaminBanklin

@tormentos said:

So this is what I get from this there is a 1 dollar offer man 1 dollar if PSNow was a dollar I am sure much more people would have the service,another thing is you will not get shinny new games with PS Now like you have with MS first party games,so it's an easy way to play those Xbox games that most of the time are more meh that great.

If Sony pulled a Game Pass with PSNow with brand new first party games on it for a dollar, they'd be way over MS in subs. But, that's not going to happen because Sony doesn't waste money on Playstation like MS does with Phil Spencer. They got to have a return. Game Pass is a great value, but I don't see it lasting because it's going to be unsustainable if the X Series consoles don't take off. Making megabudget games on a service that doesn't make big revenue, let alone profit, is going to be expendable REAL quick.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13124 Posts

10 million active subscribers at $10 a month. That is AMAZING. Buh Bye PS Now, lol! Just think, XCloud is included in Game Pass when XCloud leaves beta. Holy hell.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#79  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58534 Posts

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

@mrbojangles25: I plan on subscribing to Uplay when they release gods & monster and AC Valhala.

I think it beats paying full price for these games.

I don't plan on staying subscribed. Just beat them and move on.

I don't understand this.

If you have an interest in playing the games, then why not pay the devs for their hard work rather then skimming and paying only a portion of what a game normally cost?

I mean if I like a game I buy it and support the devs so they can make another. And if say you only have a passing interest then why not wait until they are on sale?

To add on my reasons:

Subscription services allow you to be a sampler of many things instead of a consumer of one thing.

If I was the kind of person that buys a console to play CoD and Halo and that's it, I'd buy those games outright. But because I like to dabble in various genres and so forth, sub services allow me to do that. Think of it like paying for full-length demos. Or as a rental service, or like paying to use a library.

As for supporting developers @i_p_daily, iirc publishers generally pay them a settled amount to develop a game, and then reward bonuses or royalties if the game hits certain milestones. I don't know how they count subscription-based players, but I don't think it is hurting the developers. If anything, it might be helping developers; I don't know how many games I've played in the past year because I did not have to buy them outright; I can simply download them, see if it works for me, and then keep playing or uninstall based on my response. If that download of mine counts towards the % of money they get, it's one "sale" they would not have normally had.

Like you, however, I still buy games I've enjoyed immensely and can see myself playing over the years.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#80 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2611 Posts

@i_p_daily: Thanks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@tormentos said:

@i_p_daily:

Lemmings alts are even easier to spot including you.🤣

You've been saying this for years and for years I've been having fun tormenting you because you say i'm easy to spot and yet can't name who i'm an alt of, even dav told you i'm no alt, but you were beaten with the stupid stick so bad you don't know any better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@virusvaccine21 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@virusvaccine21 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@virusvaccine21 said:

Just admit you got triggered because as a rabid lemming the fact that PSNOW is making more money than Gamepass severely hurt you. That and the PS4 selling almost 3 times more and Xbox having barely any exclusive games. I know, wipe those tears off.

Settle down you will expose yourself and get banned again, as I have a good idea of who you are, but i'm not gonna spoil it just yet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@adsparky said:

@i_p_daily: Thanks.

All good, there was a news story over on TA a few months back with a dev that was very happy to have his game on Game Pass and even disclosed what he was getting paid for it but I can't seem to find the story now :(

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#84 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70533 Posts

Damn, Gamepass is causing so much butthurt that Sony fannies are damage controlling ultra hard.

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

I absolutely love Game Pass. And yes PS Now is a similar service. It’s just Xbox does it better. Xbox is getting really outstanding games on their service. If you look at Game Pass today as appose to today? It’s night and day and is getting better each month.

Really excited for the future of this service. It’s cheap and amazing.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By VirusVaccine21

@i_p_daily said:
@virusvaccine21 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@virusvaccine21 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Settle down you will expose yourself and get banned again, as I have a good idea of who you are, but i'm not gonna spoil it just yet.

Do it. Spoil it. Say the name publicaly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@virusvaccine21 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@virusvaccine21 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@virusvaccine21 said:

I do things on my terms little moo moo alt, but hey you can beat me to it by naming it yourself LOL.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8476 Posts

@virusvaccine21: That's a very specific meme picture you posted I remember a particular banned user used to post all the time. If I recall this user is known to make bad alt accounts too.

I'm just wondering how you haven't figured out why you always get caught yet.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1942 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@virusvaccine21 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@virusvaccine21 said:

I do things on my terms little moo moo alt, but hey you can beat me to it by naming it yourself LOL.

I'm not going to pussyfoot around, it's pretty obvious that this is QuadKnight.

Worlds_Apart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#90 Worlds_Apart
Member since 2017 • 509 Posts

@jaydan said:

@virusvaccine21: That's a very specific meme picture you posted I remember a particular banned user used to post all the time. If I recall this user is known to make bad alt accounts too.

I'm just wondering how you haven't figured out why you always get caught yet.

LOL! Man these threads are something else.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 tormentos

@i_p_daily:

You are an alt and was pretty easy to spot when you showed here one day and started posting like if you have 10 years posting already.🤣

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

Mangy, cows can't even buy a break these dayzzz...

Good times. lol :P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online

I just remember something. Red Dead Redemption 2 is also coming to Game Pass on May 7th (strange, that's the same day as XSX coverage & games digital event) and that's a huge bonus for Game Pass. Any PC gamers haven't played it yet may wish to take advantage on Game Pass. No wonder it reach 10 million subs.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#94 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44699 Posts

@r-gamer said:

@lamprey263: Considering XBL is also on PC you are factually wrong.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-now/ps-now-on-pc/

PS Now is on PC too, funny how in your mind that counts against MS but not Sony

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 sealionact

@davillain-: Dont think it's on PC. Might be wrong.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@sealionact said:

@davillain-: Dont think it's on PC. Might be wrong.

I mean, even if it isn't, RDR2 on Game Pass itself is still awesome for any Xbox One fans to play it. I really enjoy RDR2 for its slow burn western game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@tormentos said:

@i_p_daily:

You are an alt and was pretty easy to spot when you showed here one day and started posting like if you have 10 years posting already.🤣

Poor tormy, sad that i'm taking down another one of the moo moo family.

You say i'm an alt and easy to spot, so if it is that easy who am I the alt of???

(this is the part ladies & gentlemen where tormy starts to spin his BS)

I'll wait tormy :)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 tormentos

@i_p_daily said:

You say i'm an alt and easy to spot, so if it is that easy who am I the alt of???

Youll wait for what?

Most of you lemming look alike,you could be chickefried rice,or sts106mats hell even cloneo1 who knows.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

Youll wait for what?

Most of you lemming look alike,you could be chickefried rice,or sts106mats hell even cloneo1 who knows.

See I told everyone this is the part where you spin your BS, you even read it and still tried to spin it, how stupid can you be LMFAO.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23734 Posts
@tormentos said:

Most of you lemming look alike

Jeez, racist.