FromSoftware and Sony working on mystery project (PS4)

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

guys this is 100% confirmed. a legit sony insider named 'demonnite' on gaff actually even hinted at the name back in jan but obviously no one knew what the hell he was talking about. its a spin off of demon souls created by the original creator of the franchise, he left from software to work with sony on this project, also the sound director of dark souls left to work on this as well.

wish it didnt leak, i prefer surprises at e3

Official name to be *Beasts Souls*? :o

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Lol I love From Software

These Cows are hilarious though

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@lbjkurono23 said:

@Flubbbs said:

gotta be another Demon's Souls.. Hidetaka Miyazaki has obviously been working on something since he wasnt involved in Dark Souls 2. I dont see it being anything else

I hope so.

seriously me too.. the month leading up to E3 is so awesome

Zaraxius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By Zaraxius
Member since 2013 • 221 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

Once again, Demon Souls has already a sequel. It´s called Dark Souls. Only idiots cannot grasp it. Whatever it is, it's not Demon Souls 2.

After defeating the final boss of Demon's Souls, the player obtains the "Beast's Demon's Souls." Take it how you will.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@ghostwarrior786

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#106 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

@flashn00b said:

Demon's Souls 2?

With pets prehaps?

More games is always a good thing. I have no complaints for new IP's and new games.

The only thing I hate is all the delays and when titles just disappear off the radar with no explaination.

Like Milo on xbox 360...

They actually said there wasn't going to be any Milo game and that it was just a demo. It was never announced to be a game. Lionhead had some ideas into making it into an interactive social game (something like Sega's Seaman), but they didn't have the resources and pulled the plug. Sony announces lots of games at the E3 and many of them either never come out or get released a year or more later. Perfect examples, Drive Club, Order 1886, Rime, No Man's Sky, Helldivers, Deep Down, The Last Guardian, GT5, etc.., etc..

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4: if both a new souls game, or something like it, combined with tlg are dropping...this E3 is a wrap for PlayStation.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

Once again, Demon Souls has already a sequel. It´s called Dark Souls. Only idiots cannot grasp it. Whatever it is, it's not Demon Souls 2.

even From Soft said Dark Souls isnt a Demon's Souls sequel..sooo you're wrong

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109  Edited By lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@zaraxius said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

After defeating the final boss of Demon's Souls, the player obtains the "Beast's Demon's Souls." Take it how you will.

Mind blown, it's been a while since I last played it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ blackace

Alot of People thought Project Milo was just too damn Good to be Real. It wasn't Milo himself who Impressed me... Alot of people can make good conversation AI... It was that thing with the water and the Picture that blew my mind away.... ! And now its all gone ! :(

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 blackace

@Desmonic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

also @Desmonic is becoming a real cow these day, the domination the taken him

#sdc

next up @FoxbatAIpha

Who told you I wasn't mooin' from the start brah? :P

Thought you were a hermit or manticore for some reason. You don't act like a typical cow. Your comments are usually more reasonable and respectable. Heil68 isn't a true cow either. He plays everything, even though he roots for the PS platform.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

guys this is 100% confirmed. a legit sony insider named 'demonnite' on gaff actually even hinted at the name back in jan but obviously no one knew what the hell he was talking about. its a spin off of demon souls created by the original creator of the franchise, he left from software to work with sony on this project, also the sound director of dark souls left to work on this as well.

Official name to be *Beasts Souls*? :o

could very well be that. also demonite said 'TGS will be a Beast of a show' to which some replied 'The Last Guardian is a Beast...' to which demonite answered 'if you put it that way, there are 2 beasts then :)'

when the **** is tgs?? beast souls and the last guardian

@misterpmedia said:

@ghostwarrior786

critical hit!!! someone check up on @FoxbatAIpha, maybe the lem king @blackace should

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
@zaraxius said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

Owned.. Dark Souls is clearly a different game in a different universe based on the same core mechanics. Dark Souls 2 is a sequel in the same universe as Dark Souls 1. This new game will be in the same universe as Demon's Souls

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 lol I tried to find that live action Japanese show gif that's awesome and over exaggerated but failed :(

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 blackace

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

#sdc

next up @FoxbatAIpha

Haha that'd be the day, his green roots run deep.

i see some good left in him, uncharted 4 will abolish the green demons that have infected him

So you're saying this isn't Demon's Souls 2, but a spin off from the original game? I'm hoping Uncharted 4 is better then the 3rd game. I expect greatness coming from ND, even though I'd like to see a new Jak & Daxter game sometime this generation.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Lulu_Lulu

@ Couth_

Grow Up !

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 blackace

@ghostwarrior786 said:

could very well be that. also demonite said 'TGS will be a Beast of a show' to which some replied 'The Last Guardian is a Beast...' to which demonite answered 'if you put it that way, there are 2 beasts then :)'

when the **** is tgs?? beast souls and the last guardian

@misterpmedia said:

@ghostwarrior786

critical hit!!! someone check up on @FoxbatAIpha, maybe the lem king @blackace should

I would have ducked and kicked him in the nuts. Game over!! Not a lem. Looking forward to From Software's next game. I own all the Demon & Dark Souls games.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@blackace: yeh its not a sequel to demon souls, its a spin off. uc3 was very enjoyable and a damn good game but just not as great as uc2. nd are too good to be working on platformers now, maybe one of sony smaller studios can make the sequel to jak. games like that could appeal to tablet ps now users

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#119 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

A year ago there was talk of Miyazaki making Demon's Souls 2. Maybe this from that project that will become Demon's Souls 2...

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ SolidTy

Dark Souls kinda is Demon Souls in the Same way Bioshock is System Shock 3

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Demon's Souls 2!

I prefer Demon's Souls smarter dialogue over Dark Souls'.

Edit:

"shotguns"...sigh, not Demon's Souls 2 :(

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#122  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ Vaasman

You do realise that you can learn the game play in 5 hours and master it in 10 hours, the rest of that 40 hours is Navigating the Complex Role Playing Elements and when I say complex I mean really complicated. Then theres the issue of replaying sh!t you've already done and all the backtracking.

For one, your first point doesn't negate what I said at all. The game provides a colossal amount of varied content from enemies and environments. It's not a scam and anyone who genuinely believes a game with that much content is a scam, is an idiot. I also like that you say it takes 10 hours to master, but then you spend 40 hours also mastering it? lol come on now.

Second, you barely have to backtrack at all in Dark Souls :|

Especially compared to other metroidvania style world-structures. By the time you need to backtrack any, you will have unlocked shortcuts, secrets, and eventually a teleport. And Dark Souls 2 takes that further by giving you teleporting from the start. You almost never backtrack any considerable distance unless you're completely lost, and by extension, a baddie.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ SolidTy

Dark Souls kinda is Demon Souls in the Same way Bioshock is System Shock 3

Firstly, I own all these "Souls" games.

Second, your comparison ultimately doesn't matter as the situations are entirely different. Sony owns the Demon's Souls IP and co developed it with From Software. This game seems to be another Sony and From Software project. Miyazaki directed Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1, but he chose not to work on Dark Souls II and has been working on something else for a long time. This new game popped up with screens indicating a Souls type game, but made with Sony and From Software.

Your comparison using 1994's System Shock doesn't work because Looking Glass the developer is defunct as of 2000 and Origin Systems the publisher is gone as well. Ken Levine (Designer of 1999's SS2) wanted to continue, and 2007's Bioshock was born of that effort many years later (almost a decade). Here's why it doesn't work, Sony and From Software are still around and active. Demon's Souls isn't some super older IP that is being resurrected a decade later. It was just a matter of opportunity getting these two companies to work together again. Based on the screens, what we know about Miyazaki, things are pointing to a DS2. Anything can happen. Maybe it's a new IP completely, but that seems less likely based on those screens.

Things are adding up. I know a LOT about this game and the series that From created independently after. Here's a post of mine from 4 years ago explaining the Demon's Souls IP ownership to newbs. Your GS account is not even a year old, so you must have missed out on all the education I laid out last generation. The opportunity for Sony to revisit their old IP was always there. Is it going to happen? Who knows, but it's possible which is all I indicated.

jman1553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By jman1553
Member since 2009 • 1332 Posts

Actually he was talking about it since way before. This is definitely a game that's been in development for a while. I'm honestly surprised it's been a secret for this long.

@ghostwarrior786 said:

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#125 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Looks like another "Souls" themed game. I'm a fan of the Souls series, but damn I hope this is not demon souls 2 or whatever. Too soon, it will get stale quick.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Lulu_Lulu

@ Vaasman

I wasn't trying to Negate your point. And I was just trying to point out what part was difficult and what part was just tedius. And using shortcuts is not without consequences.... Atleast by back tracking you get to farm some souls and better improve your odds of not dying when you come up against a real Boss.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 blackace

@Desmonic said:

@blackace said:

@Desmonic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

#sdc

next up @FoxbatAIpha

Thought you were a hermit or manticore for some reason. You don't act like a typical cow. Your comments are usually more reasonable and respectable. Heil68 isn't a true cow either. He plays everything, even though he roots for the PS platform.

I'll play the part I want to play :P Hermit, cow, lem (rarely), sheep it's all good XD Though I do play more on PS hardware, that is indeed a fact.

So you're a manticore like myself. Got it. I play more on my XBox 360, but I still play PS3, PS4, 3DS, Wii, PSVita and PC games as well. Like you said, "It's all good."

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ SolidTy

This is my 2nd GS Account, I 1st joined in 2011. And I stick by my saying Dark Souls is Demon Souls 2, because Demon Souls sure as hell wasn't coming to the 360 and PC. As for System Shock and Bioshock.... I stand by that too. I'm not saying it doesn't make a difference... I'm saying the Difference doesn't matter.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@blackace said:

@Desmonic said:

@blackace said:

@Desmonic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

#sdc

next up @FoxbatAIpha

I'll play the part I want to play :P Hermit, cow, lem (rarely), sheep it's all good XD Though I do play more on PS hardware, that is indeed a fact.

So you're a manticore like myself.

good one

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@blackace said:

@Desmonic said:

@blackace said:

@Desmonic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

#sdc

next up @FoxbatAIpha

good one

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

Guess they were too deep in development for Kadokawa to tell them to make it more anime.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@syztem said:

Guess they were too deep in development for Kadokawa to tell them to make it more anime.

They better not Moe my Souls.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#135  Edited By CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

@zaraxius said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#136  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44611 Posts

Geez, wasn't there a post of some zombie game that takes place during the bubonic plague, like Dead Island in medieval times? Kind of reminds me of this... but hey, did he really say shotguns?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#137 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Oh God, DS2 is happening

Get hyped!

lems be mad

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

I holding off on buying a PS4 tilll destiny comes out. I scrapped that idea after how underwhelming its starting to turn out. If Demons Souls 2 is a thing, then a PS4 WILL reside next to my PC.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#139  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12325 Posts

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

Adding gun to gameplay to make different from tradition SOul game and move series forward. Very interesting and look even better than From Software fake e3 game.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

Dark Souls isn't a direct sequel set in the same universe as Demon's Souls, which is obviously what people are talking about when they say "Demon's Souls 2".

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Lulu_Lulu

@ Pffrbt

A Distinction without a Difference ! :p

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Pffrbt
@Lulu_Lulu said:

Another Bad game being passed off as "difficult" for all the Masochists out there ?

Another terrible post from someone that hasn't touched the series and never knows what they're talking about ?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ Pffrbt

A reply from someone who hasn't played anything else but bad games all for his Hardcore Badge of Honor ! :p

Dark Souls is nothing to Brag about. Not everybody is a Masochist.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By blackace

@Krelian-co said:

@blackace said:

@Desmonic said:

@blackace said:

@Desmonic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

#sdc

next up @FoxbatAIpha

good one

Someone jelly they aren't a manticore. One day when the biased cancer leaves your body.

http://www.ensenandoacomeramihijo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/crying_cow-150x150.jpg

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Pffrbt

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ Pffrbt

A reply from someone who hasn't played anything else but bad games all for his Hardcore Badge of Honor ! :p

Dark Souls is nothing to Brag about. Not everybody is a Masochist.

That post doesn't even begin to make any sense. Also, are you not capable on properly quoting or replying to posts?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Lulu_Lulu

@ Pffrbt

I'm not surprized that went over your head.... After all you think Punishment = Challenge ! :p

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

They actually said there wasn't going to be any Milo game and that it was just a demo. It was never announced to be a game. Lionhead had some ideas into making it into an interactive social game (something like Sega's Seaman), but they didn't have the resources and pulled the plug. Sony announces lots of games at the E3 and many of them either never come out or get released a year or more later. Perfect examples, Drive Club, Order 1886, Rime, No Man's Sky, Helldivers, Deep Down, The Last Guardian, GT5, etc.., etc..

It wasn't just a demo and molyneux admit that it got cancel because of the market,supposedly.

It was fake dude,just like most of MS E3 kinect presentation that were fake..

The order 1886,was never say to be a launch game,nor Rime,no mans sky or helldivers,deep down is not a sony game,neither several of those you mention,the last guardian yeah and GT5 took so long who knows why,drive club was just delay what MS should have done with Forza and actually get more cars more tracks and take out the last gen baked and faked effects the game have oh and the cardboard box people they use in game after they showed polygon models..lol

You are to butthurt like always a meltdown unbiased man..lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#149 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@blackace said:

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

@flashn00b said:

Demon's Souls 2?

With pets prehaps?

More games is always a good thing. I have no complaints for new IP's and new games.

The only thing I hate is all the delays and when titles just disappear off the radar with no explaination.

Like Milo on xbox 360...

Releasing a year or two later after being announced at E3 is the norm. Its not only Sony doing it. Oh and Rime and Helldivers were only announced at Gamescom 2013, not E3 btw

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Lulu_Lulu

@ tormentos

Project Milo was definately real. But Microsoft felt it was better to go with stupid Kinectimals instead.