FromSoftware and Sony working on mystery project (PS4)

Avatar image for finalstar2007
#1 Edited by finalstar2007 (27911 posts) -

Take it as a rumor for now but Few leaks have appeared that state Sony and FromSoftware are working on a mystery project on PlayStation 4 rumored to be called "Project Beasts"

Update:

The leaker, describing what he saw, offers the following details:

- Character walked around, fought enemies

- Giant “mindflayer” type enemy

- Character is shown placing a shining magic sword into a pedestal at the base of a statue

- A huge pyromancy fireball

- Shotguns

- There was text “This is a nightmare.”

the following picture was leaked:

more pictures are found in the link:

http://gamingeverything.com/rumor-sony-and-from-software-working-on-project-beast/

More at E3

Avatar image for flashn00b
#2 Edited by flashn00b (3481 posts) -

Demon's Souls 2?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#3 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

Tenchu!

Oh god I'd get so wet. It'll probably be related to Demon Souls however :(, which is still great but a new Tenchu would be amazing.

Avatar image for Floppy_Jim
#4 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

It's happening http://i.imgur.com/z0cHPM8.png

Avatar image for xboxdone74
#5 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

4 chan leak? Meh. Not sure. But...Demons Souls 2? The streets will drown in jelly if true.

Avatar image for finalstar2007
#6 Edited by finalstar2007 (27911 posts) -

@flashn00b said:

Demon's Souls 2?

This picture does seem something like Demon Souls

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#8 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@flashn00b said:

Demon's Souls 2?

This picture does seem something like Demon Souls

Fog Door? Yep that cements it.

Still not Tenchu/10 :(

Avatar image for jhonMalcovich
#9 Edited by jhonMalcovich (7090 posts) -

Hasn´t been officially announced by FromSoftware that Demons Souls sequel is completely off the table. You are as annoying as the ones who beg for a Shenmue sequel.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#10 Posted by freedomfreak (49798 posts) -

If it's Demons Souls, than they should keep the hub world.

Avatar image for finalstar2007
#11 Posted by finalstar2007 (27911 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Something that's bothering me with all the screens that have been "leaked" is that damn mouse cursor on the top right side of every single screen. It seems to be in the same exact position in every single one of them... :S

Your right i just noticed it, wonder what it means but everything looks so legit to be be fake but like any other rumored news its hard to say anything more till the official confirmation.

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#12 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

Another Bad game being passed off as "difficult" for all the Masochists out there ?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#13 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@Desmonic said:

Something that's bothering me with all the screens that have been "leaked" is that damn mouse cursor on the top right side of every single screen. It seems to be in the same exact position in every single one of them... :S

Your right i just noticed it, wonder what it means but everything looks so legit to be be fake but like any other rumored news its hard to say anything more till the official confirmation.

Could be a development build and the screenshot is taken from within the tool set. Maybe it uses a really impressive level editor.

either that or it's a fake.

The screens don't seem fake tho.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

Avatar image for jhonMalcovich
#14 Edited by jhonMalcovich (7090 posts) -

Once again, Demon Souls has already a sequel. It´s called Dark Souls. Only idiots cannot grasp it. Whatever it is, it's not Demon Souls 2.

Avatar image for finalstar2007
#16 Posted by finalstar2007 (27911 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@Desmonic said:

Something that's bothering me with all the screens that have been "leaked" is that damn mouse cursor on the top right side of every single screen. It seems to be in the same exact position in every single one of them... :S

Your right i just noticed it, wonder what it means but everything looks so legit to be be fake but like any other rumored news its hard to say anything more till the official confirmation.

Could be a development build and the screenshot is taken from within the tool set. Maybe it uses a really impressive level editor.

either that or it's a fake.

Its starting to appear on Gaf too.. seems more and more legit now

this always happens the closer we get to E3, more and more games will slightly start to get leaked out before E3.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#17 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

Hasn´t been officially announced by FromSoftware that Demons Souls sequel is completely off the table. You are as annoying as the ones who beg for a Shenmue sequel.

#Beingthisjealous.

Avatar image for Floppy_Jim
#18 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

Demon's Souls 2/spiritual successor has been "confirmed" by a couple of the GAF industry boffins for a while now, whatever that's worth, there was talk of Miyazaki/FS collaborating with Sony Japan Studio again. They better not be talking bullplop. Looks like they weren't.

Avatar image for Gue1
#19 Posted by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

Hasn´t been officially announced by FromSoftware that Demons Souls sequel is completely off the table. You are as annoying as the ones who beg for a Shenmue sequel.

the word came from Atlus but they have nothing to do with From Software (acquired by Kadokawa) or Demon's Souls, an IP owned by Sony.

Avatar image for bobbetybob
#20 Edited by bobbetybob (19370 posts) -
@flashn00b said:

Demon's Souls 2?

Hopefully not. I like the series but it'll get so stale if they make too many of them.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#22 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Btw, the Gaf thread right now seems to be taking the word of a poster which "confirmed" it's real. Many of the replies to that post seem to imply that he/she has confirmed legit stuff in the past.

As always, take it with a grain of salt. E3 will tells us more (or not).

E3 better tell me more about last guardian as well!

It's time for Team Ico to ryse from the ashes.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#23 Posted by freedomfreak (49798 posts) -

"- Shotguns"

wat

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#24 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

Oh gawd damn.

Avatar image for finalstar2007
#25 Posted by finalstar2007 (27911 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Btw, the Gaf thread right now seems to be taking the word of a poster which "confirmed" it's real. Many of the replies to that post seem to imply that he/she has confirmed legit stuff in the past.

As always, take it with a grain of salt. E3 will tells us more (or not).

While i know the Souls franchise is pretty popular this news isnt interesting me as i disliked Demon Souls ( not into games that make you rage ) so hopefully this game is one of many other exclusives to be revealed at E3.

almost a month left till E3!

Avatar image for Animal-Mother
#26 Edited by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

Good god, is Demon Souls coming back?

Avatar image for Animal-Mother
#27 Edited by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

Once again, Demon Souls has already a sequel. It´s called Dark Souls. Only idiots cannot grasp it. Whatever it is, it's not Demon Souls 2.

http://www.destructoid.com/dark-souls-the-spiritual-successor-to-demon-s-souls-192993.phtml
It's a spiritual successor.

http://www.giantbomb.com/spiritual-successor/3015-425/games/

I guess only idiots can't grasp what a sequel actually is.

Avatar image for finalstar2007
#28 Posted by finalstar2007 (27911 posts) -
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Oh gawd damn.

Wasnt he the same guy who worked on Demon Souls?

Very interesting i think its seriously great that Sony own the IP that started the Souls popularity and for this IP ( if true ) to be the first next gen Souls game it will make the PS4 even bigger.

Avatar image for xboxdone74
#29 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

And the goty Demons Souls jelly is running wild in this thread already.

Avatar image for 2Chalupas
#30 Posted by 2Chalupas (6577 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:
@flashn00b said:

Demon's Souls 2?

Hopefully not. I like the series but it'll get so stale if they make too many of them.

Agree. Dark Souls might not be a "sequel", but if not it was directly ripped off and inspired from Demon's Souls. So in effect there has been a trilogy.

Although if they made it a proper next gen game, working with Sony 1st party... it could still be awesome. It can't be more of the "same old same old" though.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#32 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Oh gawd damn.

Wasnt he the same guy who worked on Demon Souls?

Very interesting i think its seriously great that Sony own the IP that started the Souls popularity and for this IP ( if true ) to be the first next gen Souls game it will make the PS4 even bigger.

It's a parody account, but all signs are pointing towards Demon Souls 2. There were rumors before of Sony funding a new game and it looks like this might be it.

Avatar image for Giancar
#33 Edited by Giancar (19155 posts) -

Gaf trusted insider knew this long time ago

Avatar image for finalstar2007
#34 Edited by finalstar2007 (27911 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Oh gawd damn.

lmfao

Avatar image for Promised_Trini
#36 Edited by Promised_Trini (3651 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich: Dark Souls is not a sequel to Demon Souls idiot.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#37 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@freedomfreak said:

"- Shotguns"

wat

Would probably make for a more balanced game than those goddamn OP lightning bolts in DS2.

Also, pirate zombies? Pirate. F*cking. Zombies. And dogs too :P

I'm thinking it's going to be more Victorian and less medieval.

Avatar image for BattleSpectre
#38 Edited by BattleSpectre (7989 posts) -

Avatar image for Promised_Trini
#39 Posted by Promised_Trini (3651 posts) -

@Animal-Mother: I remember over at IGN those jackasses were stating it was a sequel also.

Avatar image for Animal-Mother
#40 Posted by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@freedomfreak said:

"- Shotguns"

wat

Would probably make for a more balanced game than those goddamn OP lightning bolts in DS2.

Also, pirate zombies? Pirate. F*cking. Zombies. And dogs too :P

I'm guessing it's a standalone title though I want Demon Souls 2 it won't be.

I'd love for him to make just another hard as hell game like demon souls.
Guys a genius at whatever he does so this new game is in great hands and i'm sure sony will give him and FS all the support they need.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#41 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

@Promised_Trini said:

@Animal-Mother: I remember over at IGN those jackasses were stating it was a sequel also.

Ign is full of mental gymnasts.

Avatar image for finalstar2007
#42 Edited by finalstar2007 (27911 posts) -

*Updated OP with more pics so its easier for everyone to see without needing to click the link

Avatar image for xboxdone74
#43 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

Is this why you weren't available to work on Dark Souls 2, miyazaki? You were working on the next gen Souls game? The next goty, gen 8 ps4 exclusive DemonsSouls 2 game?

SDC

Avatar image for Animal-Mother
#44 Posted by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

@Promised_Trini said:

@Animal-Mother: I remember over at IGN those jackasses were stating it was a sequel also.

Idiots the lot of em.

I know why they do it. But why not take 5 seconds and use the proper terminology?

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
#45 Edited by HaloinventedFPS (4738 posts) -

Miyakazi said he was working on a light hearted game, this is likely Deathless from Square Enix

Avatar image for Heil68
#46 Posted by Heil68 (57707 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Btw, the Gaf thread right now seems to be taking the word of a poster which "confirmed" it's real. Many of the replies to that post seem to imply that he/she has confirmed legit stuff in the past.

As always, take it with a grain of salt. E3 will tells us more (or not).

Yeah I agree what for E3, but one thing for sure, SONY is bringing the games(like always)

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
#47 Edited by Obviously_Right (5331 posts) -

TLHBO

TSHBO

THHBO

Avatar image for daious
#48 Edited by Daious (2315 posts) -

I might actually be swayed into buying a ps4 if this is really DS2

Avatar image for lbjkurono23
#49 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

Looks insane. I can feel it.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
#50 Edited by Cloud_imperium (14291 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Another Bad game being passed off as "difficult" for all the Masochists out there ?