Forza 5 high fidelity 1080p / 60fps vs Drive Club subpar fidelity + framerate

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pl4yer_f0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 pl4yer_f0und
Member since 2009 • 990 Posts

[QUOTE="pl4yer_f0und"]

Because Turn 10 are masters at getting the most out of a console. I'm surprised at how good they got Forza looking on the 360, even though they were really hampered by the hardware. The only thing wrong with Forza 4's graphics was too much contrast and the lighting was wierd, but it looks like they fixed that this time around.

I just wish they would add more features to the game that improved the racing. Forza Motorsport hasn't really been about motorsport since FM2. I would love if they added pit strategy, qualifying, practice.

CallOfDutyRulez

Static environments and prebaked lighting. That is all.

Well, we'll see when the game comes out, although usually when forza is demoed at an e3, it's a pretty good representation of the final product.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]
Specs don't lie, PS4 is alot more powerful

Douevenlift_bro

Ya mean like 2006 and PS3 > 360 :shock: yeah, check the muliplats for proof :P

Not to mention, Halo 4, console king baby. :cool:

King of what?

Killzone 3, GOW, Uncharted all look better than anything on 360.

King of all the Chief surveys, he's just bad to the bone baby !!!

And those small areas, scripted games you listed only look better if wearing teh Sony made goggles which I choose not to wear - I've heard the may cause drain bamage. :twisted:

Avatar image for ShoulderOfOrion
ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ShoulderOfOrion
Member since 2013 • 3379 Posts

Driveclub is being developed by a studio that makes arcadey cartooney racers. Forza 5 is being developed by established developers with a knowledge of AMD GPUs and a history of excellence. Or it could just be that Driveclub is barely 35% finished.

Guy_Brohski
>35% finished >releases in 4 months suuuuuure
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]
Specs don't lie, PS4 is alot more powerful

Douevenlift_bro

Ya mean like 2006 and PS3 > 360 :shock: yeah, check the muliplats for proof :P

Not to mention, Halo 4, console king baby. :cool:

King of what?

lol digital foundry even said when doing their technical break down of Halo4 tha even tho impressive (2009) gow III was superior in graphics.  

Lems are the only ones who self proclaim their games to have the best graphics.  PlayStation fans have Unbiased professionals in the industry who make those claims for PS3.  

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

[QUOTE="Guy_Brohski"]

Driveclub is being developed by a studio that makes arcadey cartooney racers. Forza 5 is being developed by established developers with a knowledge of AMD GPUs and a history of excellence. Or it could just be that Driveclub is barely 35% finished.

ShoulderOfOrion

>35% finished >releases in 4 months suuuuuure

That is something I find funny also. They just showed the game at E3 a few months before the exclusive game and the console launch but they are using a 35% done demo? Bullcrap. Also when you factor in putting on the final touches, putting on blu-ray discs and shipping discs around the entire world there is less then 4 months for the developers to make any big changes.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] not bothering to read the thread.....once again results in you looking like a brain dead tosser.sts106mat

you are pretty stupid dude.  Why don't you read what I quoted before making yourself look like even more of an idiot that we all know you to be.

why dont you read the thread and see the Forza was confirmed to be running ON an XBOXone?  you twonk

lol damn you are weather really that stupid or just in denial, they said x1 dev kits...now read the link I quoted and stop being so dumb for once.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts
Can we change the name from cows to ostriches. The way they keep burying their hands in the sand isn't very bovine like. FM5 will blow away any racing game on the PS4 for at least 2 years, but by then FM6 will be out raising the bar yet again.
handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts
[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"] Specs don't lie, but Microsoft does. They've lied a lot over the years. ShoulderOfOrion

fixed.  

Don't know how you could have been so confused about who is who especially after E3, but I took care of that error for ya

Microsoft came out and was honest about everything pertaining to DRM and all that stuff. Sony on the other hand tried to sneak past everyone the fact they're charging for online now.

except they said it in the conference and clarified it without hesitation in interviews after the conference
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] why dont you read the thread and see the Forza was confirmed to be running ON an XBOXone?  you twonk

sts106mat

lol damn you are weather really that stupid or just in denial, they said x1 dev kits...now read the link I quoted and stop being so dumb for once.

you are the stupid one.......One more time for the hard of reading. "And yes, there were some games that were - categorically, without a shadow of a doubt - running on Xbox One hardware. It'll come as little surprise to learn that first party software was more likely to be showcased running on the new console, with Turn 10's Forza Motorsport 5 the most high profile title we saw that was visibly operating on the actual unit."

I read that dummy.  But what hardware do you think they were talking about?  You think the final hardware was there @ e3?  It was all dev kits dude

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 CanYouDiglt

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="casharmy"]lol damn you are weather really that stupid or just in denial, they said x1 dev kits...now read the link I quoted and stop being so dumb for once.

casharmy

you are the stupid one.......One more time for the hard of reading. "And yes, there were some games that were - categorically, without a shadow of a doubt - running on Xbox One hardware. It'll come as little surprise to learn that first party software was more likely to be showcased running on the new console, with Turn 10's Forza Motorsport 5 the most high profile title we saw that was visibly operating on the actual unit."

I read that dummy.  But what hardware do you think they were talking about?  You think the final hardware was there @ e3?  It was all dev kits dude

Stop dude since he is making you look pretty bad, just admit you were wrong. He is right and you are wrong.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

Of course I'm happy that Forza is looking and performing well this early in the development, but just wondering how come Drive Club (according to DF report) is struggling to achieve such fidielity & smoothness when PS4 is supposed to be the more powerful console.

Mystery_Writer
No clue, but there is no "supposed", it is stronger
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Mr720fan
Member since 2013 • 2795 Posts

So you mean dev tools dev experience matter, what aboutz the gddr5

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]King of what?

sts106mat

lol digital foundry even said when doing their technical break down of Halo4 tha even tho impressive (2009) gow III was superior in graphics.  

Lems are the only ones who self proclaim their games to have the best graphics.  PlayStation fans have Unbiased professionals in the industry who make those claims for PS3.  

no they didn't, you are not reading properly again. also LOL, that last sentance is the funniest thing i've read today.

they did fvck boy.  Why the damage control?  I've pulled it up numerous time so stop crying.  Putting your Fingers in your ear and screaming not true won't change a thing

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Chutebox

I actually remember DF saying sony was brave enough to have the actual console running there, which lead me to believe MS had dev kits(which is still fine).

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="casharmy"]lol digital foundry even said when doing their technical break down of Halo4 tha even tho impressive (2009) gow III was superior in graphics.  

casharmy

no they didn't, you are not reading properly again. also LOL, that last sentance is the funniest thing i've read today.

they did fvck boy.  Why the damage control?  I've pulled it up numerous time so stop crying.  Putting your Fingers in your ear and screaming not true won't change a thing

You must have a fetish for being wrong and making yourself look like a complete ass, considering how often you do it. :lol:

Cashmoney be ragin yo.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Snugenz

I actually remember DF saying sony was brave enough to have the actual console running there, which lead me to believe MS had dev kits(which is still fine).

Chutebox

Not with Forza 5 they didn't.

And yes, there were some games that were - categorically, without a shadow of a doubt - running on Xbox One hardware. It'll come as little surprise to learn that first party software was more likely to be showcased running on the new console, with Turn 10's Forza Motorsport 5 the most high profile title we saw that was visibly operating on the actual unit. Digital Foundry

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Snugenz

Not with Forza 5 they didn't.

And yes, there were some games that were - categorically, without a shadow of a doubt - running on Xbox One hardware. It'll come as little surprise to learn that first party software was more likely to be showcased running on the new console, with Turn 10's Forza Motorsport 5 the most high profile title we saw that was visibly operating on the actual unit. Digital Foundry

That settles that
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Snugenz

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]they did fvck boy.  Why the damage control?  I've pulled it up numerous time so stop crying.  Putting your Fingers in your ear and screaming not true won't change a thing

casharmy

You must have a fetish for being wrong and making yourself look like a complete ass, considering how often you do it. :lol:

Cashmoney be ragin yo.

except I am not wrong and you must have a fetish of dick riding on other peoples posts like a half wit.  Get sum businesses bout ya self clown

You're always wrong, its only you who believes otherwise (oh hey, another thing you're wrong about :lol: ).

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

[QUOTE="Mystery_Writer"]

Of course I'm happy that Forza is looking and performing well this early in the development, but just wondering how come Drive Club (according to DF report) is struggling to achieve such fidielity & smoothness when PS4 is supposed to be the more powerful console.

sts106mat

Forza was being shown runing on PC, that's why. Some PS4 games were also being shown on PC, but others were running on dev kits. So they are probably more representative of what you'll get on "next gen" consoles. The only thing the Xbox demo's show is how a  gmaing PC would run those games.

incorrect :-

And yes, there were some games that were - categorically, without a shadow of a doubt - running on Xbox One hardware. It'll come as little surprise to learn that first party software was more likely to be showcased running on the new console, with Turn 10's Forza Motorsport 5 the most high profile title we saw that was visibly operating on the actual unit.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-xbox-one

Thanks for clearing that up:) Ryse was also shown to be running off Xbox One hardware, and Battlefield was shown from a PC with Xbox One specs.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Chutebox

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

Forza was being shown runing on PC, that's why. Some PS4 games were also being shown on PC, but others were running on dev kits. So they are probably more representative of what you'll get on "next gen" consoles. The only thing the Xbox demo's show is how a  gmaing PC would run those games.

shawn30

And yes, there were some games that were - categorically, without a shadow of a doubt - running on Xbox One hardware. It'll come as little surprise to learn that first party software was more likely to be showcased running on the new console, with Turn 10's Forza Motorsport 5 the most high profile title we saw that was visibly operating on the actual unit.

Thanks for clearing that up:) Ryse was also shown to be running off Xbox One hardware, and Battlefield was shown from a PC with Xbox One specs.

Nothing to be proud of.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 CanYouDiglt

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

shawn30

Also Fifa

DF "It's a 1080p60 presentation with v-sync engaged and no hiccups during gameplay"

DF "Another key title we can confirm running directly from Xbox One hardware"

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

Most of drive clubs budget went on leather padding for the seats

Sweenix
I expect some damn seat texture then.
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

Cashmoney be ragin yo.

Snugenz

except I am not wrong and you must have a fetish of dick riding on other peoples posts like a half wit.  Get sum businesses bout ya self clown

You're always wrong, its only you who believes otherwise (oh hey, another thing you're wrong about :lol: ).

we'll just pull this thread up again when forza 5 releases and fails to be what you lems hyped from these videos and watch your damage control

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 CanYouDiglt

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]except I am not wrong and you must have a fetish of dick riding on other peoples posts like a half wit.  Get sum businesses bout ya self clown

casharmy

we'll just pull this thread up again when forza 5 releases to be what you lems hyped from these videos and watch your damage control

Do you really want to do that considering Turn 10 and their track record with 60 fps?
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

People should drop it the PS4 is more powerful period and a few launch games been ahead in development will not change that,nothing on xbox one comes close to Infamous on PS4,the game is basically CG like,Ryse is the closes and is not open world and is QTE based all the damn way.

When i see something as impressive as Infamous on xbox one then i talk,hell i saw COD ghost on xbox one and it look like sh** the game looks little better than this gen games,so either he game sucks cross platforms incuding PC or the xbox one version wow is horrible.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 shawn30

[QUOTE="shawn30"][QUOTE="sts106mat"]incorrect :-

Chutebox

Nothing to be proud of.

Considering how impressed Digital Foundary was: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-xbox-one I'd say its a good start for first gen -next gen games :)
messedupworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 messedupworld
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts

[QUOTE="Mystery_Writer"]

Kinthalis

Forza was running on XB1 hardware you troll. DF already confirmed.
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 shawn30

People should drop it the PS4 is more powerful period and a few launch games been ahead in development will not change that,nothing on xbox one comes close to Infamous on PS4,the game is basically CG like,Ryse is the closes and is not open world and is QTE based all the damn way.

When i see something as impressive as Infamous on xbox one then i talk,hell i saw COD ghost on xbox one and it look like sh** the game looks little better than this gen games,so either he game sucks cross platforms incuding PC or the xbox one version wow is horrible.

tormentos
I can't play or see specs on my TV screen ingame. I can only play and watch video of the games. Whatever the specs show, and I agree that on paper the PS4 is more powerful, this power has not manifested itself in any PS4 game shown thus far.
HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 HadOne2Many
we'll just pull this thread up again when forza 5 releases and fails to be what you lems hyped from these videos and watch your damage controlcasharmy
Oh, please do. It will be fun to watch you get owned hard twice. Though judging by your posts, you enjoy the butthurt. In fact it probably doesn't even hurt you anymore, buttbliss is closer to the truth.
HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

tormentos

Thanks for stopping by and sharing some of your delicious tears with us. until next time old bean :cool:

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#89 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

QTE based all the damn way.

tormentos

Why u so mad

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Snugenz

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]except I am not wrong and you must have a fetish of dick riding on other peoples posts like a half wit.  Get sum businesses bout ya self clown

casharmy

we'll just pull this thread up again when forza 5 releases and fails to be what you lems hyped from these videos and watch your damage control

Sweet jesus, now correcting you on how obviously wrong you are (as usual) equals being a lem and hyping Forza 5??.

Where do you pull this shit out of Cashmoneyz.

1233442794105.gif

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 HadOne2Many
Where do you pull this shit out of Cashmoneyz.Snugenz
He doesn't pull it out of anywhere, it just sort of tumbles out of his gaping butthole.
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

sts106mat

we'll just pull this thread up again when forza 5 releases to be what you lems hyped from these videos and watch your damage control

if its 1080p 60fps and running on the xbox one hardware (like it is now) i doubt the lems will be damage controlling anything.

any game can get that...but that's not exactly what we are talking about.  The fidelity at those rates is the real issue

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="shawn30"] Thanks for clearing that up:) Ryse was also shown to be running off Xbox One hardware, and Battlefield was shown from a PC with Xbox One specs.shawn30

Nothing to be proud of.

Considering how impressed Digital Foundary was: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-xbox-one I'd say its a good start for first gen -next gen games :)

Yes and no

"with extreme compression clearly evident on the smoke billowing in the distance, among other darker details. It looks very unlike a CryEngine game at this point, and possibly indicates the use of pre-rendered footage to cover this scene. It may be very low resolution alpha transparency, but poorly encoded video seems like the more viable scenario. This surprises us bearing in mind that there's plenty of capacity on the Blu-ray disc for non-nerfed video encoding.....There is a little chugging during the opening beach sequence, but it clears up during the second section on higher ground. "

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Chutebox
[QUOTE="tormentos"]

shawn30
I can't play or see specs on my TV screen ingame. I can only play and watch video of the games. Whatever the specs show, and I agree that on paper the PS4 is more powerful, this power has not manifested itself in any PS4 game shown thus far.

Always laugh when I read stuff like this.
messedupworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 messedupworld
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts
[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] why dont you read the thread and see the Forza was confirmed to be running ON an XBOXone?  you twonk

sts106mat

Just ignore him he's a **** loser.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

tormentos

Verne Verne, when will you guys learn?

Everybody knew in 2006 that PS3 would blow 360 out of the water on the day it launched since who could argue, on paper, PS3 > 360 but tad-ah, 360 held up quite nicely and in many cases exceeded PS3. :shock: :P

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]we'll just pull this thread up again when forza 5 releases and fails to be what you lems hyped from these videos and watch your damage controlHadOne2Many
Oh, please do. It will be fun to watch you get owned hard twice. Though judging by your posts, you enjoy the butthurt. In fact it probably doesn't even hurt you anymore, buttbliss is closer to the truth.

and you will be no where to be found dunce boy, lemmings never are when the own age comes around or pretend they never said those things...Remembers Alan Wake lol, hyping PC footage and shots till the very end.  Same sh!t you lemmings are a dumb breedÂ