Forza 5 high fidelity 1080p / 60fps vs Drive Club subpar fidelity + framerate

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

Ya I am not buying that only 35% done crap. PS4 and the exclusive game Drive Club release in 4 months and they only have a 35% demo ready, bullcrap. They do not even have 4 months to fix it since they have to have the final touches done, all the licensing finished, printed on blu-rays, and shipped around the world. I am not saying that demo was end product but it sure as heck is not only 35%.tormentos

Yeah but you believe what ever crap that comes from MS.:lol:

What you said had nothing to do with what I said besides show you are upset.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

[QUOTE="nyzma23"]

LOL cow are in damage control theyr drive club look like shite

"DriveClub is presented at 1080p, but the high resolution only serves to amplify the somewhat flat-looking textures which look somewhat current-gen right now."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-next-gen-joypads-a-true-evolution

Douevenlift_bro

Nobody cares...

DR3 looks last gen, titan fall looks last gen, crimson skies looks gameboy advanced, etc. Its called "IN DEVELOPMENT"

Its some flimsy shit to claim ownage over. But I guess when you got nothing else, anything matters lol.

They are holding tied to Forza because is the only good looking thing they have,and been a racing games says sh**,the most impressive games are FPS or 3rd person ones,Dirt doesn't beat Crysis 3 in any way,and the power need it to run Crysis 3 at 1080p at 60FPS with high quality will run games like Dirt like at 180FPS.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/586

Don't take my word for it look at the 690GTX running Dirt 3 at 1920X1200 which is higher a little higher than 1080p,at Ultra quality 202 FPS..:lol:

Now look at that same card running Crysis or Metro the difference in both cases is more than 100 FPS more in Dirt 3 favor,racing games are not even close to be as taxing,which is why Forza is been use as poster child for graphics,while Tittanfall isn't or COD,hell COD ghost look like a 360 game with better lighting and textures on xbox one,it was demo on Jimmy Falon show.

Oh ad to this that Forza is using baked lighting,lol i still remember how they use to complain about baked lighting on Killzone and now is some how great and ok,Forza team is smart with dynamic lighting the game would have not hit 60 FPS..:lol:

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50545 Posts

http://www.videogamer.com/news/xbox_one_and_ps4_have_no_advantage_over_the_other_says_redlynx.html

ronvalencia

Bud, I don't want to say you sound like him, but you don't exactly sound that much different.  You love to boast that the developers will make up the difference of any "slight" difference yet you don't mention that just maybe the developers will do the same for Sony's machine.  Especially first party devs.

And if you believe a MP dev is going to come out and endorse one console over another, you're crazy.  Kojima said the same shit about PS2 and xbox, yet xbox games looked a lot better.

rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#154 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="tormentos"]

People should drop it the PS4 is more powerful period and a few launch games been ahead in development will not change that,nothing on xbox one comes close to Infamous on PS4,the game is basically CG like,Ryse is the closes and is not open world and is QTE based all the damn way.

When i see something as impressive as Infamous on xbox one then i talk,hell i saw COD ghost on xbox one and it look like sh** the game looks little better than this gen games,so either he game sucks cross platforms incuding PC or the xbox one version wow is horrible.

Verne Verne, when will you guys learn?

Everybody knew in 2006 that PS3 would blow 360 out of the water on the day it launched since who could argue, on paper, PS3 > 360 but tad-ah, 360 held up quite nicely and in many cases exceeded PS3. :shock: :P

Not true, PS3 had the Cell but that was all it had over 360. 360 had more ram,better gpu, and was much easier to program for. Hardly makes the PS3 more powerful on paper.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#155 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]they did fvck boy.  Why the damage control?  I've pulled it up numerous time so stop crying.  Putting your Fingers in your ear and screaming not true won't change a thing

casharmy

You must have a fetish for being wrong and making yourself look like a complete ass, considering how often you do it. :lol:

Cashmoney be ragin yo.

except I am not wrong and you must have a fetish of dick riding on other peoples posts like a half wit.  Get sum businesses bout ya self clown

You might just be the worst wannabe gangster I have ever seen. Terrible.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 tormentos

http://www.videogamer.com/news/xbox_one_and_ps4_have_no_advantage_over_the_other_says_redlynx.html

Speaking to VideoGamer.com at E3, Ilvessuo said: " Obviously we have been developing this game for a while and you can see the comparisons. I would say if you know how to use the platform they are both very powerful. I don't see a benefit over the other with any of the consoles."

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/metal_gear_solid_5_the_phantom_pain/news/ps4_and_xbox_one_power_difference_is_minimal_says_kojima.html

"The difference is small, and I don't really need to worry about it," he said, suggesting versions for Xbox One and PS4 won't be dramatically different.

On paper(or VGleaks), PS4's hardware is slightly faster than X1, but you have to factor in the humans that programs the hardware.

In relation to commercial level AMD GPU experience, Sony has about 7 year deficit compared Turn10.

This is why i consider you a joke of a poster..

You bias toward the damn xbox is so high that you want to pretend that there is not fu**ing difference between a 1.2TF GPU vs a 1,.84,you want to pretend that having 32MB of ESRAM will actually totally compensate for the lack of bandwidth of DDR3 vs GDDR5,i wonder if that is right why GPU didn't stay with DDR3 and used ESRAM to bring the performance to GDDR5 levels...

Btw, I have use 7770's Dirt 3 results to debunked Cow's F5 being just F4 at 1080p/60fps. Dirt 3 DX11 at ultra details has improved textures and shader programs.

As for "and change the GPU again like you have do 3 times already on the xbox on", again I have attached a large caveat with AMD VI and it's linked to 20 nm being on-line within a given time.

ronvalencia

You are a joke of a poster period.

You claimed falsely that the xbox one had a Volcanic island GPU,you claimed that it had a 7770 and 7790,and lastly used a damn firepro GPU which is a damn work station GPU in order to make your stupid points stand.

So what GPU is inside the xbox one now Ron a 7970.? Or 7950.?

Your 7770 argument prove nothing,you want to give credit to the arguments you use using PC hardware,but when confronted with data that proves you wrong you want to invalidate that same PC hardware.

We know that even if the xbox one performance is equal to the 7770 it can run Dirt 3 at 1080p 60 FPS,the problem here is that the PS4 has a GPU close to an over clocked 7850 which moves Dirt 3 even faster,which you chose to ignore because well now you have reduce your self from been a so call hermit,to be a full time lemming cheer leading for MS.

The PS4 will surpass the xbox one period,the generation is just starting but there will be a point were developers will push for more,and the one that has the more to give will stand out,and with more games using PC as lead platform the scaling will be linear just like it is on PC.

Avatar image for ShoulderOfOrion
ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 ShoulderOfOrion
Member since 2013 • 3379 Posts

Speaking to VideoGamer.com at E3, Ilvessuo said: " Obviously we have been developing this game for a while and you can see the comparisons. I would say if you know how to use the platform they are both very powerful. I don't see a benefit over the other with any of the consoles."

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/metal_gear_solid_5_the_phantom_pain/news/ps4_and_xbox_one_power_difference_is_minimal_says_kojima.html

"The difference is small, and I don't really need to worry about it," he said, suggesting versions for Xbox One and PS4 won't be dramatically different.

ronvalencia

LMFAO cows.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

Chutebox

Bud, I don't want to say you sound like him, but you don't exactly sound that much different. You love to boast that the developers will make up the difference of any "slight" difference yet you don't mention that just maybe the developers will do the same for Sony's machine. Especially first party devs.

And if you believe a MP dev is going to come out and endorse one console over another, you're crazy. Kojima said the same shit about PS2 and xbox, yet xbox games looked a lot better.

From http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/191007/inside_the_playstation_4_with_mark_.php?page=1

"One thing we could have done is drop it down to 128-bit bus, which would drop the bandwidth to 88 gigabytes per second, and then have eDRAM on chip to bring the performance back up again," said Cerny. While that solution initially looked appealing to the team due to its ease of manufacturability, it was abandoned thanks to the complexity it would add for developers. "We did not want to create some kind of puzzle that the development community would have to solve in order to create their games. And so we stayed true to the philosophy of unified memory."

Xbox 360 developers would treat the "puzzle" like the existing Xbox 360.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 tormentos

But but the graphics the mighty xbox one graphics..:lol:

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#160 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

[QUOTE="nyzma23"]

LOL cow are in damage control theyr drive club look like shite

"DriveClub is presented at 1080p, but the high resolution only serves to amplify the somewhat flat-looking textures which look somewhat current-gen right now."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-next-gen-joypads-a-true-evolution

Douevenlift_bro

Nobody cares...

DR3 looks last gen, titan fall looks last gen, crimson skies looks gameboy advanced, etc. Its called "IN DEVELOPMENT"

Its some flimsy shit to claim ownage over. But I guess when you got nothing else, anything matters lol.

So you just mentioned 3 games (One being Crimson Skies which is not in development.) And then you claim Lems have nothing? And you are claiming the XB1 games look last gen or worse even though they are running better than most of the PS4 games. You can't damage control worth a ****!
Avatar image for CallOfDutyRulez
CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 CallOfDutyRulez
Member since 2013 • 1602 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

ronvalencia

Bud, I don't want to say you sound like him, but you don't exactly sound that much different. You love to boast that the developers will make up the difference of any "slight" difference yet you don't mention that just maybe the developers will do the same for Sony's machine. Especially first party devs.

And if you believe a MP dev is going to come out and endorse one console over another, you're crazy. Kojima said the same shit about PS2 and xbox, yet xbox games looked a lot better.

From http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/191007/inside_the_playstation_4_with_mark_.php?page=1

"One thing we could have done is drop it down to 128-bit bus, which would drop the bandwidth to 88 gigabytes per second, and then have eDRAM on chip to bring the performance back up again," said Cerny. While that solution initially looked appealing to the team due to its ease of manufacturability, it was abandoned thanks to the complexity it would add for developers. "We did not want to create some kind of puzzle that the development community would have to solve in order to create their games. And so we stayed true to the philosophy of unified memory."

And look where it got them. They're now stuck with a weaker machine that's more expensive to manufacture.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Chutebox

Again proving my point...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 tormentos

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

ronvalencia

Bold the complete part you selective reading fanboy..

He say one thing he could have done,in fact that was a shot at the xbox one use of ESRAM,

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 ronvalencia

You are a joke of a poster period.

You claimed falsely that the xbox one had a Volcanic island GPU,you claimed that it had a 7770 and 7790,and lastly used a damn firepro GPU which is a damn work station GPU in order to make your stupid points stand.

So what GPU is inside the xbox one now Ron a 7970.? Or 7950.?

Your 7770 argument prove nothing,you want to give credit to the arguments you use using PC hardware,but when confronted with data that proves you wrong you want to invalidate that same PC hardware.

We know that even if the xbox one performance is equal to the 7770 it can run Dirt 3 at 1080p 60 FPS,the problem here is that the PS4 has a GPU close to an over clocked 7850 which moves Dirt 3 even faster,which you chose to ignore because well now you have reduce your self from been a so call hermit,to be a full time lemming cheer leading for MS.

The PS4 will surpass the xbox one period,the generation is just starting but there will be a point were developers will push for more,and the one that has the more to give will stand out,and with more games using PC as lead platform the scaling will be linear just like it is on PC.

tormentos

You are a joke of a poster period. Let's converted this into fanboy wars.

As for AMD VI, did you missed the Xbox Yukon leaks where spec'ed 6X to 8X over Xbox 360? AMD VI is nothing without specifying the GPU level.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 tormentos

And look where it got them. They're now stuck with a weaker machine that's more expensive to manufacture.

CallOfDutyRulez

The sad part is that Ron actually think MS did that to increase performance,when it was done thinking how they could save by scaling down the line,and to actually help DDR3 slow ass badnwidth,like on xbox 360 ESRAM will not be a savior of any kind.

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

Comparing unfinished games is so cool.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

Here's a thought. Maybe Turn10 is the more talented developer with more experience on console hardware. Until we see something from a larger developer, like maybe Polyphony Digital, we really can't make a comparison here.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

tormentos

Bold the complete part you selective reading fanboy..

He say one thing he could have done,in fact that was a shot at the xbox one use of ESRAM,

1. The "puzzle" covers "complexity it would add for developers" statement. You must be brain dead to miss the "puzzle" context. Turn10 seems to be doing well with the "puzzle" i.e. they got about 7 years to get this right.

2. Manufacturing issues wasn't my point i.e. it was about bring up the lost bandwidth with eDRAM. I used Mark Cerny's statement to back up Intel's point of view.

3. At a given clockspeed and data links, Sony was thinking about a slower DRAM tech instead of SRAM (zero refresh overheads). Mark Cerny's made no mention about JIT LZ/JPEG compression/decompression hardware.

4. I don't care about "taking a shot at X1" politics. I wonder who is the fanboy. The focus was Mark Cerny's "bring up the lost bandwidth with eDRAM" point of view.

5. Labeling me a fanboy is LOL.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 tormentos

As for AMD VI, did you missed the Xbox Yukon leaks where spec'ed 6X to 8X over Xbox 360? AMD VI is nothing without specifying the GPU level.

ronvalencia

Is not about fanboy wars ron,is about you on purpose trying inflate the xbox one spec,into something they are not and refusing yo admit that you are wrong.

Regarsless of anything you claim,the xbox one has performance at best of a 7770 the PS4 over a 7850 this performance gap is there,it will not banish no matter how much you try to deny it.

This are same GCN we are talking here,hell MS even dare to claim the xbox one will perform better based on their DDR3 been more optimized,you know that is a total bullsh** claim if you don't have the GPU to back it up,the PS4 is not bandwidht limited in any way.

Ron 7770 vs OC 7850 that level is the difference and it will be show.

We know everything about the GPU it is you who refuse to admit that the leaks were spot on basically in almost everything,is 12CU 768 SP 1.2TF at best case scenario,if any downgrade did not happen.

The xbox one is basically 5 to 6 times stronger than the 360,not 8 hell didn't MS claim 10 times already.? Oh yeah and now is down to 8..:lol:

Avatar image for CallOfDutyRulez
CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 CallOfDutyRulez
Member since 2013 • 1602 Posts

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

tormentos

Is not about fanboy wars ron,is about you on purpose trying inflate the xbox one spec,into something they are not and refusing yo admit that you are wrong.

Regarsless of anything you claim,the xbox one has performance at best of a 7770 the PS4 over a 7850 this performance gap is there,it will not banish no matter how much you try to deny it.

This are same GCN we are talking here,hell MS even dare to claim the xbox one will perform better based on their DDR3 been more optimized,you know that is a total bullsh** claim if you don't have the GPU to back it up,the PS4 is not bandwidht limited in any way.

Ron 7770 vs OC 7850 that level is the difference and it will be show.

We know everything about the GPU it is you who refuse to admit that the leaks were spot on basically in almost everything,is 12CU 768 SP 1.2TF at best case scenario,if any downgrade did not happen.

The xbox one is basically 5 to 6 times stronger than the 360,not 8 hell didn't MS claim 10 times already.? Oh yeah and now is down to 8..:lol:

I think it's more like 3 times stronger. They claimed that was a mistake, but I'm more inclined to believe that was a Freudian slip on MS's part.

If the downclocks are true, then 3x 360's power would be ~750 Gflops, which is a lot closer to the rumored downlocked 800 GFlops.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#171 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Of course I'm happy that Forza is looking and performing well this early in the development, but just wondering how come Drive Club (according to DF report) is struggling to achieve such fidielity & smoothness when PS4 is supposed to be the more powerful console.

Mystery_Writer

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts
[QUOTE="bezza2011"]

[QUOTE="ShoulderOfOrion"]Because the PS4 is barely more powerful and Turn 10 is a much better developer.ShoulderOfOrion

It's actually a lot more powerful when it comes down to it, the only reason this is because microsoft were banking on the cloud as you had to be online really to get the benefits. but will see

Kojima said the difference in power is minimal. He's a PlayStation-centric developer.

what is Kojima supposed to say? "oh yeah my Metal gear solid game will look worse on the Xbox One due to its weaker hardware" the PS4 is 50% more powerful then the Xbox One and the games at E3 certainly showed it like Infamous and the Sorcerer tech demo they showed, it actually did look a league ahead of any Xbox One games they showed at E3.... Titanfall looked like straight garbage honestly it looked like a upgraded CoD
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="CallOfDutyRulez"]

tormentos

The sad part is that Ron actually think MS did that to increase performance,when it was done thinking how they could save by scaling down the line,and to actually help DDR3 slow ass badnwidth,like on xbox 360 ESRAM will not be a savior of any kind.

Again, with JIT hardware compression/decompression and SRAM factors, you can't use the standard DDR3 vs GDDR5 comparisons. I haven't made any statement on which solution is better.

Note that my 8870M/7950 OC/7970 are fitted with GDDR5 memory.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

Here's a thought. Maybe Turn10 is the more talented developer with more experience on console hardware. Until we see something from a larger developer, like maybe Polyphony Digital, we really can't make a comparison here.

PinkiePirate
Get out of here with your logical arguements. Nobody wants to hear that kind of shit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

guys the PS4 GPU has about 650 GFLOPS more processing power then the Xbox One... if you dont know about computer hardware, well that is a HUGE difference in performance, not to mention the greater bandwidth for the PS4 GPU/ system as a whole

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
i love the several pages of casharmy getting owned left and right..bu bu bu forza 5 was running on PC :cry: then the Digital Foundry link came and owned him and the rest of basement dweller cows even more :lol: :cool:
Razor_defiace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Razor_defiace
Member since 2004 • 1618 Posts

You guys are weird. #Truthfact

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 tormentos

1. The "puzzle" covers "complexity it would add for developers" statement. You must be brain dead to miss the "puzzle" context. Turn10 seems to be doing well with the "puzzle" i.e. they got about 7 years to get this right.

2. Manufacturing issues wasn't my point i.e. it was about bring up the lost bandwidth with eDRAM. I use Mark Cerny's statement to back up Intel's point of view.

3. At a given clockspeed and data links, Sony was thinking about a slower DRAM tech instead of SRAM (zero refresh overheads). Mark Cerny's made no mention about JIT LZ/JPEG compression/decompression hardware.

4. I don't care about "taking a shot at X1" politics. I wonder who is the fanboy. The focus was Mark Cerny's "bring up the lost bandwidth with eDRAM" point of view.

5. Labeling me a fanboy is LOL.ronvalencia

Dude the damn puzzle content is the same as saying we did not wanted to make things hard for developers,in nothing it means that going ESRAM will over take GDDR5 dude.

The problem with this is that the ESRAM is only 32Mb and it may not help up well latter one,something Timothy Lottes creator of FXAA for Nvdia expressed his concer with it,the 102gb/s bandwidth is just for 32MB that has to be constantly fill and empty which will ad a strain on graphics,and is in no way the same as going 152GB/s in all the memory.

No matter what only the connection to the ESRAM is 102gb/s nothing else is..

Is GCN dude basically anything the xbox one has the PS4 has it as well,did you know DMA are part of GCN.?

And we all know how MS love to re name things to make it seem exclusive,the same happen with GCN Stream Proccessors which MS doesn't refer to them on the xbox hardware than way,but that are..

The comment Mark Cerny did was a cheap shot at MS startegy with the xbox one,the problem here is that you don't get it,what you are quoting is not Mark Cerny saying how great ESRAM is,what you are quoting is Mark Cerny trowing mud at MS for cheapen out on xbox fans,and chosing ESRAM they know the performance of 32MB of ESRAM will complicate things on xbox one rather than make them better,and since ESRAM has only 102gb/s bandwidth he took at shot at them,displaying how the PS4 more straight forward design.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 ronvalencia

guys the PS4 GPU has about 650 GFLOPS more processing power then the Xbox One... if you dont know about computer hardware, well that is a HUGE difference in performance, not to mention the greater bandwidth for the PS4 GPU/ system as a whole

xboxiphoneps3
Effective performance is minor.
HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

Cows need to come to terms with the fact that DDR3 + ESRAM was the winning combo. E3 clearly showed that. Just get over it and move on :roll:

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

2. Manufacturing issues wasn't my point i.e. it was about bring up the lost bandwidth with eDRAM. I use Mark Cerny's statement to back up Intel's point of view.

5. Labeling me a fanboy is LOL.tormentos

Dude the damn puzzle content is the same as saying we did not wanted to make things hard for developers,in nothing it means that going ESRAM will over take GDDR5 dude.

The problem with this is that the ESRAM is only 32Mb and it may not help up well latter one,something Timothy Lottes creator of FXAA for Nvdia expressed his concer with it,the 102gb/s bandwidth is just for 32MB that has to be constantly fill and empty which will ad a strain on graphics,and is in no way the same as going 152GB/s in all the memory.

No matter what only the connection to the ESRAM is 102gb/s nothing else is..

Is GCN dude basically anything the xbox one has the PS4 has it as well,did you know DMA are part of GCN.?

And we all know how MS love to re name things to make it seem exclusive,the same happen with GCN Stream Proccessors which MS doesn't refer to them on the xbox hardware than way,but that are..

The comment Mark Cerny did was a cheap shot at MS startegy with the xbox one,the problem here is that you don't get it,what you are quoting is not Mark Cerny saying how great ESRAM is,what you are quoting is Mark Cerny trowing mud at MS for cheapen out on xbox fans,and chosing ESRAM they know the performance of 32MB of ESRAM will complicate things on xbox one rather than make them better,and since ESRAM has only 102gb/s bandwidth he took at shot at them,displaying how the PS4 more straight forward design.

Mark Cerny has stated bringing up the lost bandwdith with EDRAM. Nothing more can be gathered from this statement.

Intel shown NVIDIA the boot from low to mid-range space. Timothy Lottes didn't factor in JIT hardware compression/decompression feature.

The point is, there are enough non-standard hardware to throw off the standard DDR3 vs GDDR5 comparisons e.g. take a known LZ/JPEG compression ratio and apply it to raw bandwidth. Depending on the data type, LZ/JPEG ratio can change. You are going to get multiple estimates.

PS, I would like to see JIT LZ/JPEG decompression/compression hardware on the next AMD GPU flagship i.e. smarts (LZ) + brawn (GDDR6) = better product.

Peredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Peredith
Member since 2011 • 2289 Posts

[QUOTE="Mystery_Writer"]

Of course I'm happy that Forza is looking and performing well this early in the development, but just wondering how come Drive Club (according to DF report) is struggling to achieve such fidielity & smoothness when PS4 is supposed to be the more powerful console.

Kinthalis

Forza was being shown runing on PC, that's why.

No it wasn't.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 tormentos

i love the several pages of casharmy getting owned left and right..bu bu bu forza 5 was running on PC :cry: then the Digital Foundry link came and owned him and the rest of basement dweller cows even more :lol: :cool:Tessellation

Forza 5 has no day to nigh dynamic changes,Forza 5 has baked lighting,and is not open world racing game like Drive club is.

The question is why so soon on the generation Forza has to be using baked lighting,what isn't the xbox one hardware powerful enough.?

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Tessellation

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]i love the several pages of casharmy getting owned left and right..bu bu bu forza 5 was running on PC :cry: then the Digital Foundry link came and owned him and the rest of basement dweller cows even more :lol: :cool:tormentos

Forza 5 has no day to nigh dynamic changes,Forza 5 has baked lighting,and is not open world racing game like Drive club is.

The question is why so soon on the generation Forza has to be using baked lighting,what isn't the xbox one hardware powerful enough.?

how do you know the light is baked prove it and confirm it with actual facts not your speculations,i guess you're suffering a serious case of butthurt after driveclub didn't look like you dweller thought? several gifs and bullshot screenshots ended up owning you :cool: #youaresomad
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 tormentos

Effective performance is minor.ronvalencia

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/549?vs=536

No is not don't be a fanboy you know about flop different in the same hardware architecture pretending the difference is minor is a joke,when both units get push the difference will be there.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

Effective performance is minor.tormentos

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/549?vs=536

No is not don't be a fanboy you know about flop different in the same hardware architecture pretending the difference is minor is a joke,when both units get push the difference will be there.

1. 7770 doesn't scale down with W5000 or prototype 7850/7830(768 stream processors).

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 tormentos

how do you know the light is baked prove it and confirm it with actual facts not your speculations,i guess you're suffering a serious case of butthurt after driveclub didn't look like you dweller thought? several gifs and bullshot screenshots ended up owning you :cool: #youaresomad Tessellation

Becuase unlike you i don't just read what serve me best idiot..

Forza 5 has baked lighting go look it up..:lol:

And is not open world either like Drive club which would explain the whole 30 to 60 FPS different,basically Forza is not doing what drive club is,by the way Drive Club has fantastic lighting not baked and has light transition from day to nigh..:lol:

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 tormentos

7770 doesn't scale down with W5000 or prototype 7850/7830.ronvalencia

Yeah but the 7790 does...So you basically have a 7790 with 7770 performance,2CU disable for yields which we know is a problem on xbox one even to this day,and 768SP.

The Firepro is 1.3 TF not 1.2..dude and is a work station GPU period.

If the xbox one is a 7850 it would be a beat down 7850,with 4 CU units less and 60mhz less,the 7850 is 1.76 TF.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Tessellation

[QUOTE="Tessellation"] how do you know the light is baked prove it and confirm it with actual facts not your speculations,i guess you're suffering a serious case of butthurt after driveclub didn't look like you dweller thought? several gifs and bullshot screenshots ended up owning you :cool: #youaresomad tormentos

Becuase unlike you i don't just read what serve me best idiot..

Forza 5 has baked lighting go look it up..:lol:

And is not open world either like Drive club which would explain the whole 30 to 60 FPS different,basically Forza is not doing what drive club is,by the way Drive Club has fantastic lighting not baked and has light transition from day to nigh..:lol:

you are so mad,prove the lighting is backed? speculating is cool and yet is open world because is a shitty arcade game.. you still can't spin the fact that posting several gifs and bullshots of driveclub ended up bitting you in the ass :cool: #youstillsomad
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 tormentos

Mark Cerny has stated bringing up the lost bandwdith with EDRAM. Nothing more can be gathered from this statement.

Intel shown NVIDIA the boot from low to mid-range space. Timothy Lottes didn't factor in JIT hardware compression/decompression feature.

The point is, there are enough non-standard hardware to throw off the standard DDR3 vs GDDR5 comparisons e.g. take a known LZ/JPEG compression ratio and apply it to raw bandwidth. Depending on the data type, LZ/JPEG ratio can change. You are going to get multiple estimates.

PS, I would like to see JIT LZ/JPEG decompression/compression hardware on the next AMD GPU flagship i.e. smarts (LZ) + brawn (GDDR6) = better product.ronvalencia

You are to much of a fanboy,it was a cheap shot and MS ESRAM use,and sony showing off developer how they chose a more straight forward design that is already fast without the hazards of ESRAM.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
how can anyone say Forza actually looked good? it looked OK, nothing special at all... i was actually dissapointed by its graphics
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"] 7770 doesn't scale down with W5000 or prototype 7850/7830.tormentos

Yeah but the 7790 does...So you basically have a 7790 with 7770 performance,2CU disable for yields which we know is a problem on xbox one even to this day,and 768SP.

The Firepro is 1.3 TF not 1.2..dude and is a work station GPU period.

If the xbox one is a 7850 it would be a beat down 7850,with 4 CU units less and 60mhz less,the 7850 is 1.76 TF.

My tables doesn't show 7790. Please show your workings.

W5000's 825Mhz yields about 1267.2 GFLOPS.

0.128 x 825 mhz = 105.6 x 12 CU = 1267.2 (W5000)

0.128 x 1000 mhz = 128 x 10 CU = 1280 (HD 7770)

0.128 x 1000 mhz x 128 x 14 CU = 1792 (HD 7790)

0.128 x 1000 mhz = 128 x 20 CU = 2560 (HD 7870)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 tormentos

you are so mad,prove the lighting is backed? speculating is cool and yet is open world because is a shitty arcade game.. you still can't spin the fact that posting several gifs and bullshots of driveclub ended up bitting you in the ass :cool: #youstillsomadTessellation

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=65101216&postcount=1701

On GA every one knows it already..

So when it was Crysis vs Killzone open world = the greatest,but when is Drive Club vs Forza Open world = mehh..:lol:

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Chutebox

Unless they are being hurried, I'm puzzled how they are struggling with Drive Club.  They did an absolutely fantastic job making Motorstorm on a console which was much harder to dev on.  So either they are being rushed or the final product will be a shit ton better.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
F5 looks and run so well that there's no 1080p none bullshot pic available lol all there is, is pics taken at super high res and downresed to much lower resolutions to look sharp as fuk lol forza
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts

[QUOTE="Mystery_Writer"]

Kinthalis

Forza was being shown runing on PC, that's why. Some PS4 games were also being shown on PC, but others were running on dev kits. So they are probably more representative of what you'll get on "next gen" consoles. The only thing the Xbox demo's show is how a  gmaing PC would run those games.

Actually it was proven to be running on the X1.
HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

F5 looks and run so well that there's no 1080p none bullshot pic available lol all there is, is pics taken at super high res and downresed to much lower resolutions to look sharp as fuk lol forzasilversix_

Go here to download a 1080p 60 fps video of Forza 5. Off screen footage but still good :cool:

jman1553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 jman1553
Member since 2009 • 1332 Posts

[QUOTE="Mystery_Writer"]

Kinthalis

Forza was being shown runing on PC, that's why. Some PS4 games were also being shown on PC, but others were running on dev kits. So they are probably more representative of what you'll get on "next gen" consoles. The only thing the Xbox demo's show is how a  gmaing PC would run those games.

Thank you for a correct reply as the second post. Driveclub, inFAMOUS, Knack, and Killzone were all running on PS4 devkits/debug models, and NOT the final version. All Xbone games were running on PCs.
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Tessellation

[QUOTE="Tessellation"] you are so mad,prove the lighting is backed? speculating is cool and yet is open world because is a shitty arcade game.. you still can't spin the fact that posting several gifs and bullshots of driveclub ended up bitting you in the ass :cool: #youstillsomadtormentos

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=65101216&postcount=1701

On GA every one knows it already..

So when it was Crysis vs Killzone open world = the greatest,but when is Drive Club vs Forza Open world = mehh..:lol:

you're using a forum posts as your proof ?LOL you're so pathetic and grasping... DF saw the game and the only thing they pointed out being pre-baked was destruction on the car and they could've easily said something about the lighting if there was something odd, Digital Foundry > your NeoGAF post,Crysis was open world and looked great,DriveClub doesn't :cool: #whyareyousadstill?
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Tessellation
[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

[QUOTE="Mystery_Writer"]

jman1553

Thank you for a correct reply as the second post. Driveclub, inFAMOUS, Knack, and Killzone were all running on PS4 devkits/debug models, and NOT the final version. All Xbone games were running on PCs.

No they weren't '' It'll come as little surprise to learn that first party software was more likely to be showcased running on the new console, with Turn 10's Forza Motorsport 5 the most high profile title we saw that was visibly operating on the actual unit.'' ''Software running on genuine, visible Xbox One hardware falls in with a small first-party club, including titles like Forza Motorsport 5, Killer Instinct and Ryse. '' Digital Foundry > you and every other cow.