Forbes -- Why Steve Jobs Deserves Credit as a Video Game Pioneer

• 184 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#51 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
So what makes the opinions of forum going gamers more relevant than those of industry professionals? The percentage of people who voted for Steve Jobs really was quite high, unquestionably, out of the range of statistical error high. It wasn't even close.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts
So what makes the opinions of forum going gamers more relevant than those of industry professionals? The percentage of people who voted for Steve Jobs really was quite high, unquestionably, out of the range of statistical error high. It wasn't even close.musicalmac
We are the gamers. The ones that buy the games.
Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts
I've never owned an Apple product and have been playing games since 1995. I felt that Steve Jobs was never a part of the games I played, but maybe I'm wrong.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="musicalmac"]So what makes the opinions of forum going gamers more relevant than those of industry professionals? The percentage of people who voted for Steve Jobs really was quite high, unquestionably, out of the range of statistical error high. It wasn't even close.Rikusaki

I don't see why he even posted this in a forum for people to share their opinions if he is going to belittle the "forum gamers." It's A OK though because he is a mod.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="Rikusaki"][QUOTE="musicalmac"]So what makes the opinions of forum going gamers more relevant than those of industry professionals? The percentage of people who voted for Steve Jobs really was quite high, unquestionably, out of the range of statistical error high. It wasn't even close.millerlight89

I don't see why he even posted this in a forum for people to share their opinions if he is going to belittle the "forum gamers." It's A OK though because he is a mod.

I don't actually understand the topic here, or his responses, they don't seem to add any discussion to the system war nor do they add any discussion to the thread either.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Rikusaki
[QUOTE="Rikusaki"][QUOTE="musicalmac"]So what makes the opinions of forum going gamers more relevant than those of industry professionals? The percentage of people who voted for Steve Jobs really was quite high, unquestionably, out of the range of statistical error high. It wasn't even close.millerlight89

Yep. We don't matter. He just wants to see us squirm. lol
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

So what makes the opinions of forum going gamers more relevant than those of industry professionals? The percentage of people who voted for Steve Jobs really was quite high, unquestionably, out of the range of statistical error high. It wasn't even close.musicalmac

The fact industry professionals have slightly different interests than forum going gamers? As in, one is interested in fun stuff like "quality design" and "immersion", while the other is interested in fun stuff like "monetization" and "market exploitation".

Calling Steve Jobs (AKA "Apple/iOS if Steve Jobs hadn't just died, because calling the guy who was actually against the App Store once upon a time a gaming pioneer is regoddamndiculous") a gaming pioneer is a perfectly reasonable position because the App Store model has definitely had (and will continue to have) a profound effect on the industry, but by doing so you're counting yourself among the people who would call Zynga a gaming pioneer for creating mindless, vapid Facebook games and making a f***-ton of money off it.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

steve jobs had nothing to do with videogames when he was alive but when he died he's now all of a sudden a video game pioneer? i never seen him at E3 or a major gaming expo, come on now

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
If the entire gaming industry consisted of nothing but tablet Apps perhaps. Maybe if you consider the gaming community to be nothing but the elderly and casual crowd playing angry birds or farmville perhaps. If we lump games like Skyrim in the same boat with a 2 dollar app then obviously tablet and smartphones "gaming" (God I hate calling it that) makes up the majority of the market. As for the rest of the market, and part I actually care about, Apple has done very little.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#60 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Oh gawd. :lol:

Yeah, no. I agree that the iPhone has changed the mobile gaming space but consoles? Nope.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
He just opened the doors to having Minesweeper-esque experiences on a mobile platform. He didn't create Minesweeper, he just let other people make games on his platform. This is like crediting the creator of the CD-ROM with allowing cinematic-type games to flourish on the Playstation.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 The_Game21x
I have one question for you all. How is Steve more influential than Bill gates on gaming? alanwakee
Or Shigeru Miyamoto, or Ken Kutaragi, or Gabe Newell and so on...
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Rikusaki

[QUOTE="alanwakee"]I have one question for you all. How is Steve more influential than Bill gates on gaming? The_Game21x
Or Shigeru Miyamoto, or Ken Kutaragi, or Gabe Newell and so on...

And Steve Perlman! ^_^

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#64 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
I don't see that as making him a pioneer. It gives him credit for heading a company that made a viable handheld platform. It's no better than the gameboy, psp or ds. It's just a new generation of gaming. Just mixing a phone with a gaming handheld is hardly revolutionary.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 musicalmac  Moderator

I'm just trying to shake things up a little here in SW. As it is with any "generation," the older it get, the more SW begins to lose it's pop.

We are the gamers. The ones that buy the games.Rikusaki

Don't advise going down this road.

I don't see why he even posted this in a forum for people to share their opinions if he is going to belittle the "forum gamers." It's A OK though because he is a mod.millerlight89

What are talking about? Are you so sensitive that you can't stop and think objectively about a very basic question?

I don't actually understand the topic here, or his responses, they don't seem to add any discussion to the system war nor do they add any discussion to the thread either.

GD1551

Oh I think you do understand. Things are so much more interesting when people are simply honest. Give it a go.

Threads like these are the only kind of threads that generate responses like these, responses like it's common knowledge that Apple had nothing to do with gaming. Well, the very people that are responsible for creating the games you all play are the ones who did the voting. Maybe the pill is too bitter, I don't know. What I do know is that nobody has taken a real crack at objectively breaking down reasons why Steve Jobs and Apple aren't a major player in gaming and the direction the video game world is headed in. It's all just boring old typical hyperbole and dismissive, self-righteous nonsense.

Anyone?

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12393 Posts
Im sorry but thats a load of horse ****. Yes, the man died and he did a lot for the tech world but to label him a messiah in everything is ******* stupid. He wasn't a video game pioneer in any sense.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 musicalmac  Moderator
Im sorry but thats a load of horse ****. Yes, the man died and he did a lot for the tech world but to label him a messiah in everything is ******* stupid. He wasn't a video game pioneer in any sense. Nonstop-Madness
Why not? Everyone keeps saying that, but nobody is explaining themselves. How boring!
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Rikusaki

reasons why Steve Jobs and Apple aren't a major player in gaming and the direction the video game world is headed in.

Anyone?

musicalmac

The gaming world isn't heading in that direction. As you can see from posts in this very thread, it's obviously not for everyone.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 foxhound_fox
Why not? Everyone keeps saying that, but nobody is explaining themselves. How boring!musicalmac
What games did he make?
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Chris_Williams
[QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"]Im sorry but thats a load of horse ****. Yes, the man died and he did a lot for the tech world but to label him a messiah in everything is ******* stupid. He wasn't a video game pioneer in any sense. musicalmac
Why not? Everyone keeps saying that, but nobody is explaining themselves. How boring!

was he ever at a E3 event? or any kind of videogame expo? how do we even know he came up with the app store? i highly doubt it was his idea alone, also when he was alive no one called him a videogame pioneer but all of a sudden he dies and he's deserve credit for being a videogame pioneer? Besides the app store what has he done for gaming?
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#71 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Oh really, I wasn't aware of this. What good games did he make?
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 musicalmac  Moderator

The gaming world isn't heading in that direction. As you can see from posts in this very thread, it's obviously not for everyone.

Rikusaki
You may not know this, but the people that participate on this board are in the vast, vast, speck of a speck minority. Of a speck of a speck minority.
What games did he make? foxhound_fox

Why simply create a game when you can change the way in which they are created, distributed, and enjoyed? Why simply create a game when you can create new kinds of gamers? Why simply create a game when you can fundamentally shift the gaming universe? This is what Apple has done. Hard-core PC and console gamers will continue to exist in the foreseeable future, and games will be made available for them in the foreseeable future. However, anyone who identifies as a hard-core gamer is, as I said before, in the vast, vast minority.

I would encourage all of us to continue to look at these things objectively, and not selfishly or subjectively. What the proverbial "you" wants is very often is not in line with reality. The reality is there are more non-gamer gamers than there are "true-gamer" gamers.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#73 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="MacBoomStick"]

Another example: "Micheal Jackson was the greatest artist of all time!"

They say that they aren't giving credit because he died but they actually are. Same deal with Michael Jackson

MacBoomStick

That comparison isn't logical.

Two icons that are made out to be the greatest humans ever because they died? It seems like everybody forgot that Micheal Jackson was a child molester.

Except Michael Jackson was already considered one of the most influential musicians before his death. All his death changed was more people considered "Child Molester" jokes to be in bad taste.

A better comparison would be Heath Ledger winning the Oscar.

I hardly consider Jobs a "Video Game Pioneer" though. Yeah, the iPhone and iPad have become important parts of this generation, but I can't shake the feeling that Jobs got the nod over everyone riding on the wave of people being emotional over his death.

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts
Hes the master of casual games like Angry Birds... he'll never have hardcore or nintendo like games... if this happens it'll take a while too, I mean I havent even considered getting a tablet.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] was he ever at a E3 event? or any kind of videogame expo? how do we even know he came up with the app store? i highly doubt it was his idea alone, also when he was alive no one called him a videogame pioneer but all of a sudden he dies and he's deserve credit for being a videogame pioneer? Besides the app store what has he done for gaming?

Think bigger. And you don't think the app store's 5 million+ game downloads daily is significant? Think way bigger. [QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Oh really, I wasn't aware of this. What good games did he make?

You, too. Think bigger, and see my response to foxhound_fox.
Moriarity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Moriarity_
Member since 2011 • 1332 Posts
Those "experts" can say all they want about pc/consoles dying, they never will. At most the market size will drop to a small fraction of what it currently is but console/pc gaming will never truly die.
RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 RandomWinner
Member since 2010 • 3751 Posts

His death was a part of it, but Apple has been paving the future for a while. Steve Jobs is absolutely huge because the iPhone and iPad are the future. They are not the present, but we are going to get to a point where we can have the power of the best PC on the current market in a mobile phone that will also be able to stream information to an television. Everything is going to be possible on a tablet or a small mobile device that can synch to many other devices wirelessly. Jobs deserves credit because he was starting to pave the way. Regardless of whether or not you see his significance to the market now, we will in the next few years.

That's my opinion. He's done a lot for gaming, but we'll have to wait a little longer to see an Apple device that does everything better than anything else. And even if its not apple but Google and Samsung, you can bet Apple paved the way and showed them how to do it right.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Oh I think you do understand. Things are so much more interesting when people are simply honest. Give it a go.

Threads like these are the only kind of threads that generate responses like these, responses like it's common knowledge that Apple had nothing to do with gaming. Well, the very people that are responsible for creating the games you all play are the ones who did the voting. Maybe the pill is too bitter, I don't know. What I do know is that nobody has taken a real crack at objectively breaking down reasons why Steve Jobs and Apple aren't a major player in gaming and the direction the video game world is headed in. It's all just boring old typical hyperbole and dismissive, self-righteous nonsense.

Anyone?

musicalmac

It's simple as this. Creating a platform that allows for game distribution doesn't make you a VG pioneer. If that were the case, then whoever invented programming languages and created the PC deserve credit as VG pioneers as well. Even with that the thread doesn't do anything for the system wars game, there's no system involved here that we can bash or praise.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Rikusaki

This saddens me greatly. When I hear 'video game pioneer,' I think of beautiful works of art such as:

Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy X, Shadow of the Colossus...

What's this crap? Steve Jobs, a video game pioneer? This is an insult to gaming.

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 simomate
Those "experts" can say all they want about pc/consoles dying, they never will. At most the market size will drop to a small fraction of what it currently is but console/pc gaming will never truly die.Moriarity_
Its funny I had a conversation with this dude who used to play consoles all the time. Hes 29 and he reckons hes too old for that crap. Which is ironic because just 4 years before he had no job, no life and spent all his time playing xbox. (he got inheritance money so he didn't need to earn any for a long time... wow >.>) In any case he reckons that the video game industry will die out after this next generation replaced by ipad/iphone apps and stuff. He said there simple, easy and fun. I disagree, they would really have to appeal greatly to the hardcore market. Oh and us Nintendo "fanboys" :D
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Chris_Williams

His death was a part of it, but Apple has been paving the future for a while. Steve Jobs is absolutely huge because the iPhone and iPad are the future. They are not the present, but we are going to get to a point where we can have the power of the best PC on the current market in a mobile phone that will also be able to stream information to an television. Everything is going to be possible on a tablet or a small mobile device that can synch to many other devices wirelessly. Jobs deserves credit because he was starting to pave the way. Regardless of whether or not you see his significance to the market now, we will in the next few years.

That's my opinion. He's done a lot for gaming, but we'll have to wait a little longer to see an Apple device that does everything better than anything else. And even if its not apple but Google and Samsung, you can bet Apple paved the way and showed them how to do it right.

RandomWinner
so is the person who created cd's called a pioneer of gaming?
simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 simomate

This saddens me greatly. When I hear 'video game pioneer,' I think of beautiful works of art such as:

Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy X, Shadow of the Collossus...

What's this crap? Steve Jobs, a video game pioneer? This is an insult to gaming.

Rikusaki
QFT
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="MacBoomStick"][QUOTE="musicalmac"] That comparison isn't logical.Lionheart08

Two icons that are made out to be the greatest humans ever because they died? It seems like everybody forgot that Micheal Jackson was a child molester.

Except Michael Jackson was already considered one of the most influential musicians before his death. All his death changed was more people considered "Child Molester" jokes to be in bad taste.

A better comparison would be Heath Ledger winning the Oscar.

I hardly consider Jobs a "Video Game Pioneer" though. Yeah, the iPhone and iPad have become important parts of this generation, but I can't shake the feeling that Jobs got the nod over everyone riding on the wave of people being emotional over his death.

Bingo.

nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 nitekids2004
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]

Anyone?

GD1551

It's simple as this. Creating a platform that allows for game distribution doesn't make you a VG pioneer. If that were the case, then whoever invented programming languages and created the PC deserve credit as VG pioneers as well. Even with that the thread doesn't do anything for the system wars game, there's no system involved here that we can bash or praise.

This.

If we're just going by popularity, the creator of Flash application would be a more pioneer than Steve Jobs is and ever will be.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Whoever made the appstore and the whole idea behind the iPhone really deserves credit. If it was Steve, then he really is a great video game pioneer, despite not being an actual gamer

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

Why simply create a game when you can change the way in which they are created, distributed, and enjoyed? Why simply create a game when you can create new kinds of gamers? Why simply create a game when you can fundamentally shift the gaming universe? This is what Apple has done. Hard-core PC and console gamers will continue to exist in the foreseeable future, and games will be made available for them in the foreseeable future. However, anyone who identifies as a hard-core gamer is, as I said before, in the vast, vast minority.

I would encourage all of us to continue to look at these things objectively, and not selfishly or subjectively. What the proverbial "you" wants is very often is not in line with reality. The reality is there are more non-gamer gamers than there are "true-gamer" gamers.

musicalmac

This is what companies have done in the past. At least they create gaming content for their platforms; Mr Jobs would not even be getting considered VG Pioneer if not for other people making games on his platform.

I can see where people are coming from, we get it, it's cool you can DL some disposable game for $1 anywhere and very easy. But did he pioneer music or the way we get our music? You wouldn't say he is a music pioneer, that would go to the creative artists out there who make content so that you can enjoy on his platform. Same with video games.

More like a... software acquirement pioneer...

RIP Steve Jobs, great man, great vision, but no video game pioneer.

walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts

Well he was the first person to show off the first Halo at macworld in 1999 so i guess he did something :P

Albit how won most influential ill never know :?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 foxhound_fox
Why simply create a game when you can change the way in which they are created, distributed, and enjoyed? Why simply create a game when you can create new kinds of gamers? Why simply create a game when you can fundamentally shift the gaming universe? This is what Apple has done. Hard-core PC and console gamers will continue to exist in the foreseeable future, and games will be made available for them in the foreseeable future. However, anyone who identifies as a hard-core gamer is, as I said before, in the vast, vast minority.I would encourage all of us to continue to look at these things objectively, and not selfishly or subjectively. What the proverbial "you" wants is very often is not in line with reality. The reality is there are more non-gamer gamers than there are "true-gamer" gamers.musicalmac
Core gamers buy a lot of $60 games. Non-gamers (on the phone platform) but a few $0.99 games. Which is better for the industry? 20 million $1 sales, or 2 million $60 sales? Non-gamers might outnumber core, but they definitely don't support the industry as much. And what is giving people the ability to play Minesweeper on the go do for the industry other than make investors happy? What benefit does dumbing down the gaming medium for the lowest common denominator do to help push gaming as an artform forward? Sure, there are phone game developers who make some really artistic games, but if their audience has already written off the platform they make games for as a non-legitimate gaming device, then how does that help them? Jobs didn't do anything to "pioneer" in gaming. He just opened the doors for a flood of simple, cheap, money-generators.
Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
Apple didn't really do anything but sell a smartphone really well. Which happened to have made the iPhone a viable gaming platform. Getting credit for that sounds ridiculous to me but then again so does the original Playstation getting credit for 3D gaming.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

The future of gaming is in the cloud.

The future is not on one specific deivce, but all devices big and small.

Rikusaki

Someone has to be paying you.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Rikusaki

Jobs didn't do anything to "pioneer" in gaming. He just opened the doors for a flood of simple, cheap, money-generators.foxhound_fox

Nailed it! Well said.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#92 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

It's different.

The survey was more geared towards indie developers and asking them what was their biggest influence in gaming (to get them to where they're at now) and they answered appropriately, as the iOS store has been beneficial for that. In terms of us gamers, the one that go on the forums, Steve Jobs is pretty irrelevant to gaming. when compared to the likes of Miyamoto, Newell, Levine, Kojima, etc. He's not really comparable at all in terms of overall influence.

Edit + Off-Topic: Also if anyone deserves credit for anything, it's Dennis Ritchie. Both Jobs and Ritchie's deaths were sad, but I can't believe how no one cared about Ritchie's death considering he arguably did as much as jobs did, if not more, for the computing world.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#93 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

hakanakumono

Someone has to be paying you.

Rikusaki spits the truth. OnLive is Cake. AND THE CAKE IS REAL.
hoplayletsplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 hoplayletsplay
Member since 2005 • 983 Posts

I don't think there is any denial that portable gaming will provide the best gaming experience in the future but right now, we are far from there. And by portable gaming, I don't mean tablets or smart phones. Until we can fit a monster rig of gaming machine into a pair of glasses and having a dedicated game pad connected to it, there's no way it can provide a better gaming experience than our conventional desktops or gaming consoles.

Just because many people buy a lot cheap games on tablet, Steve Jobs suddenly became a pioneer of the gaming industry. How ridiculous! Flash games existed on home computers for more than a decade already, what makes gaming on tablet so much more exciting? Steve Jobs just made a portable weak but expensive computer, nothing more.

Let the business people worship how Steve Jobs made a product that people are willing to selling their souls in order to get one. As a gamer, I couldn't care less how popular any device is, I only want the best gaming experience. Try to pioneer a better gaming experience instead of ripping more money from people please!

Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Da_lil_PimP
Member since 2006 • 4241 Posts
[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

BrunoBRS
oh god, you're still alive.

Fortunately for us, Onlive won't be for much longer ^_^
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#96 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Wasn't the poll made by gaming executives ? It makes sense then, mobile gaming is the new hot thing now, so executives are eating it up. Mark Zuckerberg was also very high on that list.

Still, with both of them it's just weird to include people for something they didn't take part in. They just created enviorements that devs exploited successfully. I don't think any self-respecting developer would ever name them ahead of Miyamoto, but for executives it makes sense I guess.

Still, while admiting influence of Jobs and Zuckerberg is fine andall but whoever named as THE most influential person in gaming is simply a fool. No way around it.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#97 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

"just look at his humble clothing! he wore a turtleneck, jeans, and tennis shoes instead of suits like that arrogant capitalist oligarch bill gates! he's a really down-to-earth guy!" (then he refuses early medical treatment of his cancer for the sake of his company and cuts the donor line for an organ transplant when his cancer gets worse)princeofshapeir
Yeah, the funny thing is that for all the hate Gates gets, he is in fact a lot better person than Jobs ever was and he influences the world in much more positive way too. If there's any justice in the world Gate's eventuall death will be mourned far more than Jobs', but unfortunatelly I don't think the society is mature enough to do so.

Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#98 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts
So the future of gaming is overpriced laptops that have no buttons ? That sucks
edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

Tell me one game for ipad/iphones that is worth mentioning. All they are doing is speculating about how the future will be but the question was who influenced the most not who will in a near future. Jobs getting the credits because some crappy games run on his phones is l;ike giving credits to Bill Gates because so many games run on windows. The later deserves much more if that's the case.

I'm sorry but giving that tittle to Jobs is an insult to a lot of great names who actually contributed to the industry.

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
:lol: Well played Mac, well played.