Final Fantasy XV Review (above 85% on Metacritic) Hype met?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23734 Posts

@R4gn4r0k:

Bro just putting the animosity aside for a moment... just think about it man.

Some other guy who is not really a professional by any means plays a game, writes his opinions down, calls it a review, and slaps a number on it. Disagreeing with that arbitrary number, even if you have played the game, is still a bit silly. There is no "deserve" here, it's a guy trying to boil his experience down to a number between 1 and 10 lol. It's always going to be an abstraction of that guys opinion.

But then when you haven't actually played the game? Yet you feel the need to disagree with said number? Your ideal number based on no experience is better than other dudes number based on his experience? You see how silly it starts to look?

I'm not saying that we simply can't discuss our impressions of a game we've never played. I've been shitting on FFXV since before it was called FFXV. I think the game looks like crap. But splitting hairs over a number score? No, I don't do that. And I think it's silly for anyone to do that. It's already dumb enough system of judging a games quality, but having beef with some other dudes fucking number is just lulz territory.

At least we're no longer bickering about tenths of a percent, so we're making progress lol.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46658 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: I love discussing video games, hence why I visit these forums so much. If I can I'll keep my posts "animosity"-free; But honestly I do not like this discussion with champ as I feel like I need to defend myself against someone who sounds pissed off at me and I have no clue why.

If you read my original post, and my original reply... All of what I said contains arguments as to WHY I think this is a 5/10 game... or in other words I said this game looks horrible... I don't see saying something looks horrible, or as you say: "I think the game looks like crap." any different than saying "I think this game looks like a 5/10"... I was just reiterating what I already said.

Yet for some reason my post was disected, scrutinized, called dumb in several ways and I've been having this discussion for the past half hour or so about a REVIEW SCORE. Something I never asked for, and again, because champ sounds really pissed off at me for some reason (something he just brushes off). I'm having zero fun with this discussion.

And that is the last thing I'm gonna post on the matter. Gamespot could've scored this a 2/10, a 5/10 a 10/10 or a 22.5/10 and it would've made zero difference on my thoughts on the game.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#103 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

@jg4xchamp said:

And yeah on balance, I don't judge a game I haven't played. I'll say footage of a game looks boring, outright dismissal of the games quality or how it's undeserving of a score? No, actually I put my money where my mouth is on that front, I actually play the game and then shit on it. I certainly don't bitch about a number, of two wildly different games getting the same score from two completely different reviewers. Since you know, putting any thought into that would highlight how those numbers aren't created equal.

Brilliant point. Almost as if I was trying to make the same point... which you interpretated as me crying about a review score.

Funny how you were judging Dishonored 2 to be "more Dishonored but with a broad in it" not too long ago. We just had this discussion... Back when you didn't play the game... Almost as if you were doing the exact same thing as I am doing in this thread... And you giving me crap about it.

"And yeah on balance, I don't judge a game I haven't played."

Right man, you call me dumb. I call you a liar xD

"hurr durr you're mad" isn't an argument, try one better."

I mean it: stop sounding so mad, mate. This discussion would be fun for me if you didn't sound so pissed off :/

Except you didn't even remotely make that point what so ever. If you had just said the game looked dull or you weren't spending money it, I wouldn't have commented. It's when you said the game wasn't worthy of an 8 out of 10, because you like Dishonored 2 so much, is when I commented, because you don't have any context for it.

Dishonored 2: Based on footage, and your argument that the game was more creative, yes. I said you had no context on what that game was doing creatively, since just based on footage (pretty sure I said based on footage) all we've seen is more Dishonored with a broad. Reading comprehension, how does it work? lol. So no I never said the game wasn't deserving of an 8, a 9, a 10 or a 4. We didn't have one tangible example of Dishonored 2 being a more creative and progressive sequel than whatever the other games were. I'm going to guess Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 given the timing. I didn't say the game did x,y, or z wrong, and I sure as hell didn't say A or B game were better or more deserving. Merely argued against your stance that Dishonored 2 was the more creative title in comparison to other sequels. So no we weren't doing the exact same thing, if you put any thought into it, you'd know this isn't close to the same thing.

I'm not angry, you are assuming I'm angry, because I haven't sugar coated something for you. I didn't fill in blanks, your response to me saying you didn't even play it for a second, was a sarcastic remark that we should stop all talk about games we haven't played, effectively because that's all this forum does (hence the tumbleweed). There is no other way to read that post. Which again, is a pretty lame ass rejoinder to someone saying you didn't even play the game. It's easier for you to paint me as angry and filling in blanks, then just reading your own post back, and accepting you said something stupid.

And what lie? Any time I've shit on a game or I've gassed up a game, it's because I've played it. If I haven't played a game, I outright say so, the most negative I get is about how footage looks dull to me, or I don't trust the dev because they suck (Rockstar, Ubisoft). But fundamentally, and especially about a review score, no I don't judge a games quality and whether or not it deserved a score without playing the damn thing.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Moistcarrot  Online
Member since 2015 • 1486 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

I've ordered it so we will see how it goes.

My biggest criticisms of the last one revolved around the ultra linear, boring, pedestrian game play. And they have addressed that. They have listened to the complaints and acted on them. Got to give them a chance.

Well now you have an empty wasteland to explore instead, such progress!

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 ConanTheStoner

@moistcarrot:

Gamers failed to properly articulate what was wrong with FFXIII and SE listened lol.

Hint: Linearity was not the issue with FFXIII.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 jg4xchamp

@ConanTheStoner said:

But then when you haven't actually played the game? Yet you feel the need to disagree with said number? Your ideal number based on no experience is better than other dudes number based on his experience? You see how silly it starts to look?

Fucking, thank you.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 jg4xchamp
@moistcarrot said:
@DocSanchez said:

I've ordered it so we will see how it goes.

My biggest criticisms of the last one revolved around the ultra linear, boring, pedestrian game play. And they have addressed that. They have listened to the complaints and acted on them. Got to give them a chance.

Well now you have an empty wasteland to explore instead, such progress!

@ConanTheStoner said:

@moistcarrot:

Gamers failed to properly articulate what was wrong with FFXIII and SE listened lol.

Hint: Linearity was not the issue with FFXIII.

Not that I like the combat in FF15 based on the demos, but I would say they have made some straight forward adjustments that make sense. Dropping towns n shops in a game that is just battle, battle, battle was supremely stupid from a pacing standpoint, and they seem to cut that out. From my understanding, at least based on what gaf said they don't make the same 20 hour tutorial mistake either.

And having a big space with enemies to fight, and if the demo the one before he's a kid is any indication, that big space beyond just selling a setting, should also have plenty of option dungeons and optional bosses. Which is a pretty established jrpg trope, and it's usually a fairly satisfying trope since those are the most "challenging" sequences in these games. Usually.

I mean it's still directed by the dude who did Type Zero and The Turd Birthday, so the chances of it sucking a lot are extremely high, plus it says Final Fantasy right on the box, but I'd say they have addressed some core issues of 13. Conans correct in saying Linearity itself wasn't the issue with 13, but opening things up has been away for them to address the more grating issues. I'm sure the story will be dumb as **** though, because video games.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108  Edited By NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

Final Fantasy XV is the first game in long time that I pre-ordered. In fact, it's the game that made me purchase a console(PS4 Pro). Even after reading the reviews I am still excited to play the game. It sucks that the storyline isn't up to par(so I've heard) with some of the more memorable stories in the franchise. And I'm disliking the idea that summons and magic aren't as important(again, so I've heard).

One thing I'm curious about is the technical side of the game, performance, and graphics. Like I said, this is the first console I've owned for this generation. Are the visuals still incomplete like the previous demos? I saw earlier in the thread of the horrible water reflection. And I also noticed how bad the aliasing and some of the textures were prior to the gold release. I love open world RPGs, and hate how limitations can ruin their immersion.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#109 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@moistcarrot: I bet you it isn't completely empty. Greater space gives you much greater scope for secrets and side quests.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Moistcarrot  Online
Member since 2015 • 1486 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

@moistcarrot: I bet you it isn't completely empty. Greater space gives you much greater scope for secrets and side quests.

Well I've only played for about 6 hours and the first area you're dumped into is pretty much that, literally a barren wasteland with no interesting landmarks or enemies.

However the next area seems to be more visually appealing and there's actually monsters roaming.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 jg4xchamp

@moistcarrot said:
@DocSanchez said:

Well I've only played for about 6 hours and the first area you're dumped into is pretty much that, literally a barren wasteland with no interesting landmarks or enemies.

However the next area seems to be more visually appealing and there's actually monsters roaming.

Is the combat sus as ****?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@kvally said:

@reduc_ab_: Gamespot rules according to the veterans.

But that's not even correct. 8/10 is not a flop. Anyone that says otherwise is clearly a troll. A veteran troll is still a troll.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#113  Edited By kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:
@kvally said:

But that's not even correct. 8/10 is not a flop. Anyone that says otherwise is clearly a troll. A veteran troll is still a troll.

True, but who am I to argue? I am too new here...only a couple years. My manticore status needs more time in the oven.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By DocSanchez

@moistcarrot: hopefully there's more to it. If I'm honest I am far more forgiving of open world games than most so I will get enough from the game regardless.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@kvally said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@kvally said:

True, but who am I to argue? I am too new here...only a couple years. My manticore status needs more time in the oven.

True indeed. A troll arguing against trolls makes little sense. And to be clear, you can shout that you're a manticore from the rooftops all day long and it will do nothing to change the indisputable truth that you are a grade A lem through and through.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 ConanTheStoner

@jg4xchamp:

If I had to chalk up all of my beef with FFXIII in one word it would be; FUCKING RESTRICTIVE. Ok two words.

I always felt like I had my hands tied. Equipment, character progression, the battle system itself, I never felt like I had room to breathe until the game was almost over. And yeah, funneling the player through a railroad track of a world didn't exactly help. I just never saw it as the main culprit, but rather an issue compounded by those former gripes.

Obviously most of the previous FF games were linear too, at least up until a point, but you always had other means of freedom as well as side distractions to get involved in along your way. You at least had an illusion of freedom whereas FFXIII makes you strap on the horse blinders while kicking you in the ass.

I don't think open world is really the solution. They could have just looked at how some of their previous games were structured and taken a hint lol. I think I'd prefer a compact world with a bit of leg room rather than a full open world, but eh, guess I'll just have to see how this one pans out. Still, given the two extremes, I'd probably take the open world. Like you were saying, it should almost naturally fix some of the inherent issues of FFXIII.

And well yeah, story. Not even worth getting into, we already know lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
Member since 2015 • 916 Posts

Is the combat in this game similar to that of Kingdom Hearts? I've seen some videos and watched the video reviews, and I'm on the fence for this game

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@R4gn4r0k:

Bro just putting the animosity aside for a moment... just think about it man.

Some other guy who is not really a professional by any means plays a game, writes his opinions down, calls it a review, and slaps a number on it. Disagreeing with that arbitrary number, even if you have played the game, is still a bit silly. There is no "deserve" here, it's a guy trying to boil his experience down to a number between 1 and 10 lol. It's always going to be an abstraction of that guys opinion.

I'm not saying that we simply can't discuss our impressions of a game we've never played. I've been shitting on FFXV since before it was called FFXV. I think the game looks like crap. But splitting hairs over a number score? No, I don't do that. And I think it's silly for anyone to do that. It's already dumb enough system of judging a games quality, but having beef with some other dudes fucking number is just lulz territory.

At least we're no longer bickering about tenths of a percent, so we're making progress lol.

Yep there's that, and then....

@jg4xchamp said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@jg4xchamp said:

And yeah on balance, I don't judge a game I haven't played. I'll say footage of a game looks boring, outright dismissal of the games quality or how it's undeserving of a score? No, actually I put my money where my mouth is on that front, I actually play the game and then shit on it. I certainly don't bitch about a number, of two wildly different games getting the same score from two completely different reviewers. Since you know, putting any thought into that would highlight how those numbers aren't created equal.

Brilliant point. Almost as if I was trying to make the same point... which you interpretated as me crying about a review score.

Funny how you were judging Dishonored 2 to be "more Dishonored but with a broad in it" not too long ago. We just had this discussion... Back when you didn't play the game... Almost as if you were doing the exact same thing as I am doing in this thread... And you giving me crap about it.

"And yeah on balance, I don't judge a game I haven't played."

Right man, you call me dumb. I call you a liar xD

"hurr durr you're mad" isn't an argument, try one better."

I mean it: stop sounding so mad, mate. This discussion would be fun for me if you didn't sound so pissed off :/

Except you didn't even remotely make that point what so ever. If you had just said the game looked dull or you weren't spending money it, I wouldn't have commented. It's when you said the game wasn't worthy of an 8 out of 10, because you like Dishonored 2 so much, is when I commented, because you don't have any context for it.

There's also that but if you're both aghast at the seemingly never-ending staggering stupidity on here you ain't seen nothing yet. From @BassMan we have this quote on FFXV 'It looks absolute garbage not even worthy of reviewing' based on fucking screenshots!

It's like we're not even swapping banter with fellow gamers we're constantly subjected to rabid fanboys who don't give a **** one way or another how good or bad any game is if it's not on their 'fan' system they'll spew meaningless hate at it. I swear I lose a few braincells every time I take a look in here.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 ConanTheStoner

@blueinheaven:

Well yeah, which is why I find myself posting here less and less lol. I have to take breaks from this place.

I like stirring the shit sometimes too, I know we all do, but sometimes it's just too stupid to handle.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#120 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

i don't think anything that happens in the E3 2013 trailer is actually in the final game. a lot of stuff got cut, even cutscenes. i blame that shitty kingsglaive movie

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 DocSanchez

Re linear vs open world. Heres an idea. Bring back the overworld. Best of both worlds.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 kvally

@reduc_ab_: the one thing I know is that you are entitled to your opinion no matter how unbelievably off it is.

Keep working on that though! While you are doing that I will be over here enjoying my Area 51, PS Pro and Xbox One S. Pure gaming heaven.

Join us manticores for the love of gaming!

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#123 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

> Biggest RPG of the year gets good reviews

> "I'll get it for 13 dollars" says everyone, then goes off to buy battlefield 1.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@kvally said:

@reduc_ab_: the one thing I know is that you are entitled to your opinion no matter how unbelievably off it is.

Keep working on that though! While you are doing that I will be over here enjoying my Area 51, PS Pro and Xbox One S. Pure gaming heaven.

Join us manticores for the love of gaming!

Ah yes, the old (false) argument that owning different kinds of consoles means that you are not a lem. News for you: you are a lem. A lem is a lem is a lem. Through and through. Good day.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#125 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

i don't think anything that happens in the E3 2013 trailer is actually in the final game. a lot of stuff got cut, even cutscenes. i blame that shitty kingsglaive movie

Yeah that's really annoying. I haven't played the game yet (it comes tomorrow or Wednesday) but I'm already reading in reviews that Brotherhood and Kingsglaive are pretty much essential viewing to flesh out the story details before you play the game. The day one patch even inserts Kingsglaive cut scenes so the plot makes more sense. Not as bad as Halo 5 where you literally don't have any plot at all unless you read a million Halo books but still fucking annoying.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 PutASpongeOn

@Netret0120 said:
@kvally said:

Jesus, flopped big time.

Its doing pretty well in reviews so far so this is inaccurate and wrong.

Don't listen to that idiot, they've been trying to down on final fantasy 15 well before it's release, they are cancerous.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 kvally

@reduc_ab_: lol

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 kvally

@putaspongeon: indeed don't listen to them. I don't. I'm pumped to get the game. Looks awesome.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By PutASpongeOn

@kvally said:

@putaspongeon: indeed don't listen to them. I don't. I'm pumped to get the game. Looks awesome.

Can't tell if I like you or dislike you.

You aren't boring at least.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#130  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17924 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

There's also that but if you're both aghast at the seemingly never-ending staggering stupidity on here you ain't seen nothing yet. From @BassMan we have this quote on FFXV 'It looks absolute garbage not even worthy of reviewing' based on fucking screenshots!

It's like we're not even swapping banter with fellow gamers we're constantly subjected to rabid fanboys who don't give a **** one way or another how good or bad any game is if it's not on their 'fan' system they'll spew meaningless hate at it. I swear I lose a few braincells every time I take a look in here.

That has nothing to do with screenshots but the game itself. It is Japanese trash. I don't like those style of games. So, of course I am gonna talk shit. I would talk shit about it if it was on PC as well. Seriously... just look at the emo characters. It is ridiculous.

Sonicplys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#131 Sonicplys
Member since 2004 • 2603 Posts

Flop. Garbage game.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#132 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

@ArchoNils2: That is pretty much how the movie ended.

It had a FFVI / FFXII vibe to it. The emperor uses magitek soldier to win again magic user. The emperor won and now only the exiled prince and his crew can use magic.

The Emperor and his powerful soldier looked like the Judges from XII and the way the Emperor use technology to win again magic user is a lot like a big part of the plot in VI

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 kvally

@putaspongeon: I love you!

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#134 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I'll probably get it eventually but by the time I do get it, P5 will be out.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#135  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14947 Posts

Looks like a game that will have a honeymoon period and then fall hard. The story is far from great, and it looks like it was ravaged by development hell with a rushed second half.

Remember FFXII had great reviews and FFXIII merely good ones, and both were divisive, even failed entries in the series.

And it does not surpass The Witcher 3.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 texasgoldrush

http://whatculture.com/gaming/final-fantasy-xv-reviews-10-early-reactions-you-need-to-know

There are serious warning signs here, this game will not have the legs needed.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 jg4xchamp
@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:

That has nothing to do with screenshots but the game itself. It is Japanese trash. I don't like those style of games. So, of course I am gonna talk shit. I would talk shit about it if it was on PC as well. Seriously... just look at the emo characters. It is ridiculous.

Fam, you're rocking a Kratos avatar.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Why isn't she the main character. This thing would've been playable! For once Square makes a decent looking character that doesn't scream face palming cringe and its just for a tech demo - . -

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 ConanTheStoner

lmao

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@BassMan said:

You're taking that way too seriously.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#141  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19689 Posts

More-or-less what I expected. Actually, slightly better than what I expected. After all the doom and gloom, it's a bit relieving that, after a decade of waiting and the development hell, the end result is a good game.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 texasgoldrush

@Jag85 said:

More-or-less what I expected. Actually, slightly better than what I expected. After all the doom and gloom, it's a bit relieving that, after a decade of waiting and the development hell, the end result is a good game.

But not a great one.....its a Dragon Age Inquisition level game, not a Witcher 3 level game.

And saying DAI....it shares much of the problems DAI had.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By BassMan

@jg4xchamp said:
@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:

He would whoop Bayonetta's ass in a heartbeat. Kratos is not going to put up with that over the top hair suit, boot gun biatch! He would end her in a hurry. LOL

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#144 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19689 Posts

@BassMan said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:

He would whoop Bayonetta's ass in a heartbeat. Kratos is not going to put up with that over the top hair suit, boot gun biatch! He would end her in a hurry. LOL

The only thing Kratos would end is his own life. It would be suicide for him to even try taking on Bayonetta, one of the most OP characters in gaming. It would be like a mother spanking a little boy.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#145 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9750 Posts

Here's a Gamexplain discussion

Loading Video...

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By BassMan

@Jag85 said:
@BassMan said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@BassMan said:

The only thing Kratos would end is his own life. It would be suicide for him to even try taking on Bayonetta, one of the most OP characters in gaming. It would be like a mother spanking a little boy.

Nah... He could choke her out with his Blades of Chaos, but he would use her own hair instead and then shove her boot gun up her booty. :P

All that without even channeling the rage of the Gods. You don't mess with Kratos. His rage conquers all.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

@Jag85 said:

I'm glad it is doing well with critics because after 10 years of development hell, it would have been easy to dismiss this and signal the death of Final Fantasy. Seems like the franchise is going to be around for many more years to come:)

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
Member since 2015 • 916 Posts

Guess my post was overlooked...I'll ask again, is the combat similar to that of Kingdom Hearts for those who played it...lol

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Nice to see this is reviewing well. :D Great success!

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

@kinky-unikorn said:

Guess my post was overlooked...I'll ask again, is the combat similar to that of Kingdom Hearts for those who played it...lol

Most certainly similar to Kingdom Hearts but still maintaining the core final fantasy feel. My roommate is playing Final Fantasy for the first time and he enjoys the new style while other older fans prefer the old style which is where "Wait Mode" comes into play. I enjoy the battle system and look forward to exploring it more as I play.