FFX HD looks and plays amazing on the Vita

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@vincent380 said:

10-2 was awesome I don't care what anybody says.

was amazing, the heck with Angra Mainyu though...

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Spartan070

@Basinboy said:

The largest annoynace by far is farming luck spheres from Earth Eater. Even maxed out, it's a drawn-out fight each time because of his auto-counter with flare whose animation you have to sit through EVERY.DAMN.TIME.

They don't let you skip that nonsense in the HD remixes?

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#53 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14496 Posts

@Spartan070 said:

@Basinboy said:

The largest annoynace by far is farming luck spheres from Earth Eater. Even maxed out, it's a drawn-out fight each time because of his auto-counter with flare whose animation you have to sit through EVERY.DAMN.TIME.

No cutscenes are skippable, period. The only animations you can shorten are the Aeons.

Don't lose to Yunalesca - otherwise you will have to spend 5+ minutes rewatching the same cutscene over and over and over and over....

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@Basinboy said:

@Spartan070 said:

@Basinboy said:

No cutscenes are skippable, period. The only animations you can shorten are the Aeons.

Don't lose to Yunalesca - otherwise you will have to spend 5+ minutes rewatching the same cutscene over and over and over and over....

Wtf really?

I liked FFX so I'll definitely be picking this up eventually, but damn it man... with all the time they spent on this re-release you would think they would have worked that shit out.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Spartan070

@Basinboy said:

@Spartan070 said:

@Basinboy said:

*Forgets to cast Auto-Life*

***MEGA DEATH***

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Basinboy

@ConanTheStoner said:

@Basinboy said:

@Spartan070 said:

@Basinboy said:

Wtf really?

I liked FFX so I'll definitely be picking this up eventually, but damn it man... with all the time they spent on this re-release you would think they would have worked that shit out.

Hard to market a game if you're using "now includes the ability to skip cutscenes" as a selling point

But aye, it would have proven useful

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

@Sweenix: you should lay off whatever your on bro. FFX is one of the best ff games

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@Basinboy said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@Basinboy said:

Platinumed it on the PS3

F*ck me if I was going to max out the sphere grid for every character on a handheld

You platinumed it? are you kidding me? your saying you completed every single node in the grid sphere? for ALL characters? what the ****!

dude i got all eaons, most of the legendary weapons and on my way to fight Omega and not even close to completing half of the grid sphere for one character yet alone all of them.

what the **** seriously.

That I did - you can check my ID on PSNprofiles if you don't believe me (card is below). Also, I did it on the original grid in place of the expert one - the original has more slots, plus I didn't have much interest in playing FFX in a way that was different from the original.

Maxing the sphere grid isn't as daunting as it initially seems. Once you have the Monster Arena completed, you can farm One-Eye for Triple AP weapons and transform them into Triple Ap, Triple Overdrive, Overdrive -> AP experience tools. From there, turn your overdrive modes to comrade (charges when ally takes damage) and your attacker's overdrive to Stoic (charges when you take damage) and each battle against the Don Tonberry will net 20 or so moves per attack. Each battle you can easily max out your moves to 99 with that setup.

The more annoying problem is stocking up enough spheres to complete the grid. The fastest way is to farm Kottos, who - if you use a distiller - will give you 40x any one sphere as a drop. But when you have 7x characters moving around the grid with 99 moves all the time, you burn through the spheres quicker than anything else. Hence, why you have to keep replenishing and constantly.

The largest annoynace by far is farming luck spheres from Earth Eater. Even maxed out, it's a drawn-out fight each time because of his auto-counter with flare whose animation you have to sit through EVERY.DAMN.TIME. Of course you could just purchase Clear Spheres and remove all the luck spheres from the grid but it works against you when you go toe-to-toe with some of the Dark Aeons and Penance (assuming you aren't cheesing them by buying Zanmato from Yojimbo - which, admittedly, I did against Dark Anima. I was too much in a rush to get to Penance to put up with that 8mil HP whore).

Man that sounds like a looot of work but i really appreciate the explanation, will save this page as a guide hopefully i'll decide to platinum the game later but right now working on getting the other trophies ( just recently got the 5 treasure chests with the chocopo race trophy! took me an hour to get! ).

FFX battle system is as enjoyable as ever it has this addictive feeling to it like it did during the PS2 days and i tend to fight every single battle that i get into so i believe my characters are quite strong as i was able to beat Yunalesca in a single match ( i remember losing to her for so many times on the PS2 version heck sometimes i would lose on purpose just to look at her, she's as hot as ever :P good times! ).

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Basinboy

@finalstar2007: Best of luck. With some persistence, FFX HD is not a necessarily difficult platinum to obtain. It just takes time.

As for the leveling up exploit, if you run out of the items needed to add Triple Overdrive to each character's farming weapon, double overdrive is sufficient - heck, even without double or triple overdrive you can still net 30x moves per character per battle against the Don Tonberry (and you can run at any time, since AP is accumulating from each attack and is not dependent on the battle's outcome). Not obtaining Triple Overdrive will, at least, double the amount of time you spend farming Don Tonberry. But, considering the alternative (farming for the items needed for triple overdrive, which will take almost 5x as long), it's the clear choice to hedge your time investment properly.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

Definitely the bringer of jelly.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I hated the sphere grid 10+ years ago because I didn't understand it. So I used a PS2 gameshark, maxed out everyone and pwned FFX in 26 hours. Best game ever. LOL :P

But after playing FFXIII-2, I think FFX will finally make sense to me and I am going to beat it legit this time. Going to buy the PS3 version next month when I have the extra cash.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@stuff238 said:

I hated the sphere grid 10+ years ago because I didn't understand it. So I used a PS2 gameshark, maxed out everyone and pwned FFX in 26 hours. Best game ever. LOL :P

But after playing FFXIII-2, I think FFX will finally make sense to me and I am going to beat it legit this time. Going to buy the PS3 version next month when I have the extra cash.

If you're feeling like going for a real challenge to make up for that easy playthrough then go for the expert sphere grid... it changes the layouts so all characters start very close to each other leaving you to choose who you want to level up how. Wanna make Auron a White Mage and Yuna your primary damage dealer? No probs!

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Spartan070

@commonfate said:

@stuff238 said:

If you're feeling like going for a real challenge to make up for that easy playthrough then go for the expert sphere grid... it changes the layouts so all characters start very close to each other leaving you to choose who you want to level up how. Wanna make Auron a White Mage and Yuna your primary damage dealer? No probs!

Is that new to the HD version? Don't remember that on my PS2 playthrough, that would be great!

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Basinboy

@Spartan070 said:

@commonfate said:

@stuff238 said:

Is that new to the HD version? Don't remember that on my PS2 playthrough, that would be great!

It was present in the International version back in the day which is the version that has been updated and remastered. But yes, it is new to NA players.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

@Basinboy said:

Platinumed it on the PS3

F*ck me if I was going to max out the sphere grid for every character on a handheld

You platinumed it? are you kidding me? your saying you completed every single node in the grid sphere? for ALL characters? what the ****!

dude i got all eaons, most of the legendary weapons and on my way to fight Omega and not even close to completing half of the grid sphere for one character yet alone all of them.

what the **** seriously.

It's not hard. Use the Don Tonberry AP trick. Basically, you turn damage done to you into massive amounts of ap. You need custom armor for it. Google it for full guide, it makes leveling a thing of the past, i.e. getting 99 lvls for chosen character per battle.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

@Basinboy said:

@Spartan070 said:

@commonfate said:

@stuff238 said:

It was present in the International version back in the day which is the version that has been updated and remastered. But yes, it is new to NA players.

Don't go for it if you want 99.999 HP, it has so much less nodes in total.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Honestly playing a 200 hour game on a handheld that needs to be recharged constantly is not exactly ideal for me.

PS3 is where it's at it.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45118 Posts

@ShepardCommandr said:

Honestly playing a 200 hour game on a handheld that needs to be recharged constantly is not exactly ideal for me.

PS3 is where it's at it.

plug it in, get an external battery

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

Agreed, game looks and plays great, About 50 hours in and have had no issues so far, some of the trophies are a b**** though. Plus it's nice to play Blitzball on the go haha.

xh117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By xh117
Member since 2013 • 152 Posts

rpgs like this are nice on handhelds, I need this and dragons crown sometime for my vita

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I have it for both Vita and PS3. The cross play between the 2 are awesome. The sound and the graphic in the Vita version is awesome. But replaying it just remind me how much I dislike Titus's voice and how pain in the butt the Catcher Chocobo is! Is like playing a really bad old arcade. I'm about to give up soon. lol!

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1841 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

It does.... but i cant remember ff10 being this crap..... linear, boring sotry, barely any worthwhile character developement... and cringeworth dialogue. yikes.... i guess 10 years ago as a young teen I accepted this crap.

Ditto brother. Ditto.