Exit console exclusives, enter brand exclusives

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

@thepclovingguy said:
@GhostHawk196 said:

@thepclovingguy: yea you're right, I don't have A high end pc, I've got Two. If you were a pc gamer, you know about how quickly there cards go obsolete thanks to gimpworks

Sure, keep trolling, nobody believes you. If you claim that two gtx 780 ti can't run rise of the tomb raider maxed out, it becomes very clear that you are just lying. You are nothing more than a cow who pretend to be a pcgamer, but who has no clues about pcs whatsoever. Now, go and make some love to your crappy ps4, it surely needs it since sony isn't giving it any love.

Whatever you say. If you think anything less than or the equilivant of 2x 780Tis can max Rise of the Tomb Raider out completely then you clearly have no idea about PC gaming. The point of PC gaming is you keep upgrading to ensure maximum performance sometimes even if you have the latest hardware you might have to wait for another series of GPU release to completely max out - The Witcher 3, 980s couldn't max it out completely at 60fps. That is the reality whether you believe it or not, clearly you're not a PC gamer...

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@GhostHawk196 said:

@thepclovingguy: yea you're right, I don't have A high end pc, I've got Two. If you were a pc gamer, you know about how quickly there cards go obsolete thanks to gimpworks

Sure, keep trolling, nobody believes you. If you claim that two gtx 780 ti can't run rise of the tomb raider maxed out, it becomes very clear that you are just lying. You are nothing more than a cow who pretend to be a pcgamer, but who has no clues about pcs whatsoever. Now, go and make some love to your crappy ps4, it surely needs it since sony isn't giving it any love.

Whatever you say. If you think anything less than or the equilivant of 2x 780Tis can max Rise of the Tomb Raider out completely then you clearly have no idea about PC gaming. The point of PC gaming is you keep upgrading to ensure maximum performance sometimes even if you have the latest hardware you might have to wait for another series of GPU release to completely max out - The Witcher 3, 980s couldn't max it out completely at 60fps. That is the reality whether you believe it or not, clearly you're not a PC gamer...

Again, you claim things that simply aren't true. Until you have some viable proof, you will remain a cow who keeps spreading the same lies over and over again. Even a single gtx 780 ti is enough to run the game at 60 fps on ultra most of the time. And no, two gtx 980s can easily max out the witcher 3 at 1080p even at 1440p at 60 fps.

Cows gonna cow

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#54 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog: doesn't matter what they call it. Marketing could make up any name for it. It's still new hardware new software new binaries new performance that is over double the performance of their other platform. That is why they are being sold side by side not replacing. There is a reason they came out with a slim AND a PS Pro. The Slim is still the PS4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts
@Juub1990 said:
I say should we change console exclusive to brand exclusive? Forza Horizon 3 is a Microsoft exclusive. Persona is a Sony exclusive. So and and so forth.

Console exclusive is an archaic and outdated term.

You can always use both terms, so we go to 3, instead of 2 types of exclusivity.

• System Exclusive: Only playable on 1 system (e.g. Uncharted 4 on PS4, Halo 5 on Xbox One, some weird indie game on PC)
  • Brand Exclusive: Playable on multiple systems, but from the same brand (e.g. Forza Horizon 3 on Xbox One/PC, TLOU on PS3/PS4)
  • Multiplatform game: No constraints, playable on multiple systems

This always seemed the most logical to me since Microsoft deliberately releases their games on PC, and Xbox One, and NOT on PS4. That's a choice they make, to keep players on their platforms, so it would make sense that this had it's own category.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 GhostHawk196

@thepclovingguy said:
@GhostHawk196 said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@GhostHawk196 said:

Again, you claim things that simply aren't true. Until you have some viable proof, you will remain a cow who keeps spreading the same lies over and over again. Even a single gtx 780 ti is enough to run the game at 60 fps on ultra most of the time. And no, two gtx 980s can easily max out the witcher 3 at 1080p even at 1440p at 60 fps. E

Cows gonna cow

Loading Video...

Hey noob, do you even PC game?

Thats 1080P...Given that 1440p is the current PC standard its a bit stupid benching on 1080P especially when the PC required to enable such performance costs 4 times more than the PS4 running at the same resolution. Yea sure 2x GTX980s can comfortably max 1440P Witcher 3 but with Micro stutter due to SLI. Also, 45fps on PC is very choppy, to the point where it is unplayable.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5911 Posts

PS4 has exclusives until the minute ANY game is only available on PS4 Pro. At that point ALL PS4 games become multiplat.

You cant arque a PS4 Pro is a PS4 when there a games that dont run on a PS4.

This includes VR,indie or blockbuster games. Any game.

Some will say they wont release a game just on PS4 Pro, but we all know it will happen at some point.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#58 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@Juub1990:

Well like I said before, technically the p3 exclusives on PS Now are still exclusive because they're still ps3 games.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@GhostHawk196 said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Again, you claim things that simply aren't true. Until you have some viable proof, you will remain a cow who keeps spreading the same lies over and over again. Even a single gtx 780 ti is enough to run the game at 60 fps on ultra most of the time. And no, two gtx 980s can easily max out the witcher 3 at 1080p even at 1440p at 60 fps. E

Cows gonna cow

Loading Video...

Thats 1080P...Given that 1440p is the current PC standard its a bit stupid benching on 1080P especially when the PC required to enable such performance costs 4 times more than the PS4 running at the same resolution. Yea sure 2x GTX980s can comfortably max 1440P Witcher 3 but with Micro stutter due to SLI. Also, 45fps on PC is very choppy, to the point where it is unplayable.

The fact that you think 2560x1440 is the PC standard shows just how disconnected from the PC you are, 1920x1080 is still the standard.

Your Witcher, SLI and 45 FPS comment, some of the dumbest shit I've read..

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 GhostHawk196

@dynamitecop said:
@GhostHawk196 said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@GhostHawk196 said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Cows gonna cow

Loading Video...

The fact that you think 2560x1440 is the PC standard shows just how disconnected from the PC you are, 1920x1080 is still the standard.

Your Witcher, SLI and 45 FPS comment, some of the dumbest shit I've read..

Dude, seriously you have a pissy little radeon setup. I don't want to hear anything from you in terms of hardware

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@GhostHawk196 said:

Completely false. I used to own a pair of 7950's and sold them because of the microstutter even AFTER the frame-pacing drivers because I am very sensitive to it. 980's in SLI have no microstutter that I can detect at all. Have you actually tried a pair of 980's in SLI or are you just talking out of ignorance? A pair of 980's literally feel like a single one.

45fps isn't choppy or unplayable at all unless your frame times are horrible.

And no, 1440p isn't and has never been the standard. 1080p still is. 1440p is used by a minority of PC gamers.

Also what? You don't need a 1200-1600$ PC to game at 1440p. A 600$ PC is enough. A RX 480 is very good for 1440p and only costs 200$.

Why the hell are you spreading so much misinformation?

Dude, seriously you have a pissy little radeon setup. I don't want to hear anything from you in terms of hardware

His "pissy little radeon setup" beats every single GPU on the market except for the 1080 and the Titan X. What are you on?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Juub1990

@killered3: You don't need a PS3 to play them so no they're no longer exclusives.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44100 Posts

After Scorpio...

Exit brand exclusive and enter MS/Sony/Nintendo Scorpio 2 Universal console all Inclusive. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

I don't know... i'm just glad i don't need to buy anymore consoles other than PS4. PC+PS4 ftw.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

@GhostHawk196 said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@GhostHawk196 said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Cows gonna cow

Loading Video...

Again, you are spreading bullshit and making up standards that don't even exist, besides the ps4 doesn't even run the game maxed out at 1080p, its basically 1080p on low settings, which you can also get with a mid-low ranged pc at a similar price. If someone isn't a pcgamer, its you. Cows should stop pretending as if they know anything about pc gaming. Also, sli doesn't normally stutter, so I don't know why you keep lying. And 30-25 fps isn't choppy on console or what? Even uncharted 4 can't maintain 30 fps all the time and drops down to 20ties at times. The ps4 is such a joke. Now climb back into your cave.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

I think you miss the point. If i have a Pro and an XB1, i don't need a base PS4. It's the first time that we have a "mid gen" hardware refresh. Before as in last gen, you needed a 360 to play certain games only or a PS3 to play certain games only. Now PS4 and Pro will share games, XB1 and scorpio, and PC will share games. We never had 2 consoles from the same manufacturers with different specs during a gen. In the real world, none of this really matters. More choices are good for consumers and gamers. Now people can buy a "cheap" current gen system and not miss out on games, in the past if you wanted a "cheap" version you'd have to buy an older system that missed out on new games. In system wars, it sets a new precedent for sure. It really is up to gamespot mods i guess, but in reality, the meta is dead anyway and everything is becoming closer to each other. Only fanboys wanting to justify a purchase will really care, I'll just sit back and enjoy games on all systems

Yes if you have a Pro you don´t need a PS4 base,because the Pro is a PS4 buffoon..

That PS4 is call PS4 PRO PS4 man is like saying you don´t need a PC because you have another PC..lol

There is a 360 and a 360 slim,just like there was a PS3 and a PS3 slim,in fact the soc inside the 360 slim was even faster than first model which used separate components it was just capped,it had wifi and storage build in the core which was never present on the core and wasn´t on the premium either.

Claiming a PS4 pro is not a PS4 is a stupidity is like claiming the new 3DS is not a 3DS,and that a PC with a 7870 and a FX6350 is not a PC because a PC has a 1080 and a i7 that is how stupid you people sound.

Yes there was a time that we did not have a console with ethernet port,there was a time when console did not have online,there was a time consoles did not have HDD or optical drives,but they did not stopped from being consoles and moving forward when it happen,and yes we have several add on to enhance graphics and while it was not a separate model the 32X was basically a more powerful GPU slap inside an add on,the N64 and saturn both have extension for memory for more frames,better textures and animation so we are not strangers to devices to enhance graphics,the N64 did not stopped being one because you expanded its memory.

No the xbox one doesn´t share it games with PC you can´t play xbox one games on PC or the other way around which is what make the games multiplatforms,in the PS4 pro,3ds and PC all 3 share its games across different hardware but you don´t need a different version,you can not install xbox one games or scorpio on PC so what you get on PC is a Version of the same game done to PC spec in other words a multiplatform.

We have 2 established cases of what the PS4 Pro is doing and non have dare claim that the games for those 2 platforms are not exclusive.

PC and 3DS.

Fact is you people are damage controlling this because you have no games....lol

At long last got a 90 game and the game is multiplatform and Free on PC to play online to add insult to injury.

@GarGx1 said:

@tormentos "lol Halo 5 = multiplatform so is star citizen and many PC games.."

WTF are you blethering about now, you lunatic? Halo 5 and Star Citizen are as much multiplatform as Uncharted 4.

Read the whole argument you MORON before quoting me to ask me something that stupid.

Star Citizen is exclusive right is only on PC right.? According to lemmings it is not because a PC with a 390x and a FX 8350 is not the same as a PC with a 1080 and a FX 8350.

The 1080 is more powerful so that prove is a real PC vs one with a 390X which is weak.

And since the xbox one S has a faster GPU which increase frames,and can upscale to 4k is not the same as an xbox one either.

This ^^ is the argument moronic lemmings are using,the PS4 Pro is a PS4 in fact the PS4 Pro and PS4 are more compatible that windows 10 and 7 will ever be,yet all PC exclusives are consider exclusive either way.

I know they are as exclusive my argument is that if Uncharted is not exclusive because of the Pro neither are 3DS games,PC games and XBO exclusives like Halo 5,lemmings can't have it both ways.

@blackace said:

@Juub1990: There was never a reason to compare PC with game consoles. PC's aren't stagnant systems and continuously change almost every month. Game consoles usually don't upgrade until 5-10yrs after release. This is one of the reasons console exclusive became a term. Even with these games on the PC they are still running off of Microsoft's O/S, so they are still exclusive to Microsoft.

No console exclusive became a term because you lemmings started to use games like the witcher on PC and xbox 360 as some kind of ammo vs the PS3.

MS doesn't own PC windows is an open market and windows 10 was given to the majority of people free.

There is no such thing as MS exclusive see this is another term coined by lemmings as yourself trying to justify losing your exclusives,Quantum Break is even on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/474960/agecheck?l=spanish

So yeah uncharted 4 is exclusive only on PS4 FH3,gears, recore are multiplatforms and there is no reason to buy an xbox one or scorpio anymore.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@gago-gago said:

It's funny when Microsoft Studios published games do bad they laugh at Xbox but when Microsoft Studios published games do good all of a sudden cows have capable PCs.

I have a R270 and FX6350 not that great but much better than the 1.3 tf 1.7ghz xbox one.

@FastRobby said:

You can always use both terms, so we go to 3, instead of 2 types of exclusivity.

• System Exclusive: Only playable on 1 system (e.g. Uncharted 4 on PS4, Halo 5 on Xbox One, some weird indie game on PC)
  • Brand Exclusive: Playable on multiple systems, but from the same brand (e.g. Forza Horizon 3 on Xbox One/PC, TLOU on PS3/PS4)

This always seemed the most logical to me since Microsoft deliberately releases their games on PC, and Xbox One, and NOT on PS4. That's a choice they make, to keep players on their platforms, so it would make sense that this had it's own category.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

This is the ultimate proof of the astronomical goal post move done here..

PC is not OWNED BY MS IN ANY FU**ING WAY,so comparing the PS4 and PS3 which are sony owned vs PC and xbox one is a JOKE,you can't install PC games on xbox or the other way around,what MS is doing is using PC as a mean to get more profits by releasing a PC version of the game that is 100% incompatible with the xbox one you can't run the PC version on xbox one or run the xbox one version on PC,they have working cross saves which work with both version but that is it.

In fact there are games on PC and PS4 which are not on xbox and are from 3rd parties the same with the xbox.

PC is not MS platform,quantum break is hitting steam which is not even a MS store for god sake,stop your buffoonery..

This is down right the last draw you lemmings are pathetic,and you simple have reverse 180 style on every fu**ing thing you hyped last gen.

Last gen exclusives matter. This gen they don't is ok to have games on XBO and PC.

Last gen Score Matter. This gen score mean shit you most play the game for self.

Last gen sales matter. This gen they don't and is ok for MS to remain 100% silent on sales numbers.

Last gen graphics matter. This gen they don't at least not until Fall 2017 when graphics will matter again..

You lemmings are without doubts the biggest most hypocrite fanbase that ever walk this forum,you officially move the goal post so far is on the middle of the pacific ocean.

I wonder if Halo ever came to the PS4 if the goal post would move to is ok to have your games everywhere..lol

@tdkmillsy said:

PS4 has exclusives until the minute ANY game is only available on PS4 Pro. At that point ALL PS4 games become multiplat.

You cant arque a PS4 Pro is a PS4 when there a games that dont run on a PS4.

This includes VR,indie or blockbuster games. Any game.

Some will say they wont release a game just on PS4 Pro, but we all know it will happen at some point.

What games run o Pro that do not run on PS4.? Sony already claimed they will not be.

Why because you say so.?

By the way Scorpio is getting exclusive VR games the XBO isn't getting.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

I mean the word "exclusive" doesn't hold the same weight this gen as it did before. Other than a few games here and there, there isn't that many anymore unless you count Nintendo games of course. Plus, exclusive don't drive sales of the consoles like that anymore, it's the 3rd party games that get most of the attention now.

Or the 100's each gen on PC ... just saying :D

Yea, PC has the most exclusives and probably the best/most unique.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

This is the ultimate proof of the astronomical goal post move done here..

PC is not OWNED BY MS IN ANY FU**ING WAY

Clearly I meant when the OS is only Windows. Like in case of Forza Horizon 3 you can only play it on Xbox One, and Windows 10. Clearly this went over your head...

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Juub1990

@tormentos So you don't even own a PS4? Why do you care so much about it then?

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@sleepnsurf said:
@blue_hazy_basic said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

I mean the word "exclusive" doesn't hold the same weight this gen as it did before. Other than a few games here and there, there isn't that many anymore unless you count Nintendo games of course. Plus, exclusive don't drive sales of the consoles like that anymore, it's the 3rd party games that get most of the attention now.

Or the 100's each gen on PC ... just saying :D

Yea, PC has the most exclusives and probably the best/most unique.

I definitely wish Unreal was coming to consoles, but that's really the only PC only game I hope for on consoles right now that I can think of.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@tormentos said:
@darkangel115 said:

I think you miss the point. If i have a Pro and an XB1, i don't need a base PS4. It's the first time that we have a "mid gen" hardware refresh. Before as in last gen, you needed a 360 to play certain games only or a PS3 to play certain games only. Now PS4 and Pro will share games, XB1 and scorpio, and PC will share games. We never had 2 consoles from the same manufacturers with different specs during a gen. In the real world, none of this really matters. More choices are good for consumers and gamers. Now people can buy a "cheap" current gen system and not miss out on games, in the past if you wanted a "cheap" version you'd have to buy an older system that missed out on new games. In system wars, it sets a new precedent for sure. It really is up to gamespot mods i guess, but in reality, the meta is dead anyway and everything is becoming closer to each other. Only fanboys wanting to justify a purchase will really care, I'll just sit back and enjoy games on all systems

Yes if you have a Pro you don´t need a PS4 base,because the Pro is a PS4 buffoon..

That PS4 is call PS4 PRO PS4 man is like saying you don´t need a PC because you have another PC..lol

There is a 360 and a 360 slim,just like there was a PS3 and a PS3 slim,in fact the soc inside the 360 slim was even faster than first model which used separate components it was just capped,it had wifi and storage build in the core which was never present on the core and wasn´t on the premium either.

Claiming a PS4 pro is not a PS4 is a stupidity is like claiming the new 3DS is not a 3DS,and that a PC with a 7870 and a FX6350 is not a PC because a PC has a 1080 and a i7 that is how stupid you people sound.

Yes there was a time that we did not have a console with ethernet port,there was a time when console did not have online,there was a time consoles did not have HDD or optical drives,but they did not stopped from being consoles and moving forward when it happen,and yes we have several add on to enhance graphics and while it was not a separate model the 32X was basically a more powerful GPU slap inside an add on,the N64 and saturn both have extension for memory for more frames,better textures and animation so we are not strangers to devices to enhance graphics,the N64 did not stopped being one because you expanded its memory.

No the xbox one doesn´t share it games with PC you can´t play xbox one games on PC or the other way around which is what make the games multiplatforms,in the PS4 pro,3ds and PC all 3 share its games across different hardware but you don´t need a different version,you can not install xbox one games or scorpio on PC so what you get on PC is a Version of the same game done to PC spec in other words a multiplatform.

We have 2 established cases of what the PS4 Pro is doing and non have dare claim that the games for those 2 platforms are not exclusive.

PC and 3DS.

Fact is you people are damage controlling this because you have no games....lol

At long last got a 90 game and the game is multiplatform and Free on PC to play online to add insult to injury.

@GarGx1 said:

@tormentos "lol Halo 5 = multiplatform so is star citizen and many PC games.."

WTF are you blethering about now, you lunatic? Halo 5 and Star Citizen are as much multiplatform as Uncharted 4.

Read the whole argument you MORON before quoting me to ask me something that stupid.

Star Citizen is exclusive right is only on PC right.? According to lemmings it is not because a PC with a 390x and a FX 8350 is not the same as a PC with a 1080 and a FX 8350.

The 1080 is more powerful so that prove is a real PC vs one with a 390X which is weak.

And since the xbox one S has a faster GPU which increase frames,and can upscale to 4k is not the same as an xbox one either.

This ^^ is the argument moronic lemmings are using,the PS4 Pro is a PS4 in fact the PS4 Pro and PS4 are more compatible that windows 10 and 7 will ever be,yet all PC exclusives are consider exclusive either way.

I know they are as exclusive my argument is that if Uncharted is not exclusive because of the Pro neither are 3DS games,PC games and XBO exclusives like Halo 5,lemmings can't have it both ways.

@blackace said:

@Juub1990: There was never a reason to compare PC with game consoles. PC's aren't stagnant systems and continuously change almost every month. Game consoles usually don't upgrade until 5-10yrs after release. This is one of the reasons console exclusive became a term. Even with these games on the PC they are still running off of Microsoft's O/S, so they are still exclusive to Microsoft.

No console exclusive became a term because you lemmings started to use games like the witcher on PC and xbox 360 as some kind of ammo vs the PS3.

MS doesn't own PC windows is an open market and windows 10 was given to the majority of people free.

There is no such thing as MS exclusive see this is another term coined by lemmings as yourself trying to justify losing your exclusives,Quantum Break is even on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/474960/agecheck?l=spanish

So yeah uncharted 4 is exclusive only on PS4 FH3,gears, recore are multiplatforms and there is no reason to buy an xbox one or scorpio anymore.

What is "you people" since I have a PC, XB1, and PS4 i have more games available to me then you do. The only games I can't play are Nintendo exclusives

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@Heil68 said:

SONY retains exclusives, while MS shifts to PC mlit plat

This is the real world situation. Anything else are the delusional whines of our resident rodents.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@groowagon said:

I don't know... i'm just glad i don't need to buy anymore consoles other than PS4. PC+PS4 ftw.

This is the winner combo. From here on all the xbone line is irrelevant.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#75 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

....this conversation again....

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#76  Edited By sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

You guys can argue about whether it's console exclusive or brand exclusive but I have one thing that literally irritates me and that is where the hell are sonys exclusives. They literally don't release anything anymore. Delays everywhere. It's a reason my PS4 has been turned off for months now. I play multiplatform games on my PC so no need for it. So yea argue about exclusives. One thing is for sure, Microsoft at least is putting out games. Where are sonys?

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

Exclusives only matter for Nintendo

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@FastRobby said:

PC has exclusives this gen that are several times more popular and played than any console exclusive, 8.0-9.0 scores, among the highest sales if not THE highest, and are not indy. Yet you couldn't think of them? I mean one of them just came out and sold 3.3 million in 1 day....

Your fanboy is showing, tuck it back in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Ultimately, there is only one system where 90% of these games will be playable, while still maintaining the most exclusives.

fruitless 2nd place war continues.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@quadknight said:

Sony and PS4 retains exclusives. MS however, have given up their right to exclusives to chase after potential PC market.

Dude.. PC is Microsoft. 95% of the software run on their O/S. You can't play any of their 1st party games without using their O/S. They are all still exclusive to Microsoft. When their first party games start running on a Mac, Linux, Sony or Nintendo platforms, then you can say they aren't exclusive. The games are exclusive to me anyway. I'm only going to be playing them on XB1.

@Juub1990 said:

@tormentos So you don't even own a PS4? Why do you care so much about it then?

If you haven't figured it out yet, El Tormo is SW's Official Court Jester Troll. All he does is bash everything Microsoft all day and praises PC & PS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@zaryia said:
@FastRobby said:

PC has exclusives this gen that are several times more popular and played than any console exclusive, 8.0-9.0 scores, among the highest sales if not THE highest, and are not indy. Yet you couldn't think of them? I mean one of them just came out and sold 3.3 million in 1 day....

Your fanboy is showing, tuck it back in.

Mate I was just joking, don't take everything to serious. I'm quite aware that PC's library is much more versatile, and extensive compared to console libraries.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#82  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@Juub1990:

Yes you do, and they're only being streamed. It's not the same thing as having an actual download in your pc with pc specs.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Juub1990

@killered3: No you don't need a PS3.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#84 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Yeah we had this topic alot already.

PC gamers don't mind, xbox gamers don't mind

Playstation players do mind... (fanboys on this forum keep forgetting of "remastered" games from PS3 to PS4 and PS4,PS3/VITA games...

I say yeah we should. And I will, there is no more "exclusive" standard on gamespot os might as well use brands.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#85 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

This "Brand" Exclusive thing isn't New in Nintendo Land.

examples,

1. Star Fox 64 (3DS, Wii, N64)
  2. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (3DS, Wii, WiiU, N64, Gamecube)
  3. Super Mario 64 (Wii, WiiU, N64, DS)
  4. Mario Party 2 (Wii, WiiU, N64)
  5. Pikmin (Gamecube, Wii)

I don't want to continue the list, but I hope you get my point. Nintendo has some of these games on multiple systems, but they're all Nintendo Brand Systems. Multiplats, but only on Nintendo.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@dynamitecop said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@kvally said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@kvally said:

Microsoft exclusive and Sony exclusive seems to be the only way to look at it going forward.

But see, that doesn't work as long as there are actual, true exclusives such as Bloodborne or Uncharted 4. Calling games such as these "Sony exclusive" is technically correct, but they are also PS4 exclusives. So, in effect, "Microsoft exclusive" is the appropriate way to look at it going forward for....Microsoft, as they don't have exclusives anymore for their console. For Sony, however, who will continue to have true exclusives, brand exclusivity is only part of the situation.

Blooborne and UC4 remain exclusive until PS Pro comes out or games come to PS Now, then they will be multiplatform. Since both will NOT continue to have exclusives going forward, it is fair to say Microsoft exclusive and Sony Exclusive.

That is patently false. The PS4 Pro is a PS4. PS4 games run on the Pro without any additional treatment. It is not BC. It is an upper-grade PS4, hence its being called "PS4 Pro" and not just "Pro".

I already debunked this with technical fact, please don't peddle this bullshit anymore.

It's derived from the PlayStation 4, it is not a PlayStation 4, separate GPU binary, different code paths for games, fundamentally different hardware...

It's done, let it go, you can't refute facts

By that logic, the Xbox S is not an Xbone.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 kvally

@Ant_17 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@kvally said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

But see, that doesn't work as long as there are actual, true exclusives such as Bloodborne or Uncharted 4. Calling games such as these "Sony exclusive" is technically correct, but they are also PS4 exclusives. So, in effect, "Microsoft exclusive" is the appropriate way to look at it going forward for....Microsoft, as they don't have exclusives anymore for their console. For Sony, however, who will continue to have true exclusives, brand exclusivity is only part of the situation.

Blooborne and UC4 remain exclusive until PS Pro comes out or games come to PS Now, then they will be multiplatform. Since both will NOT continue to have exclusives going forward, it is fair to say Microsoft exclusive and Sony Exclusive.

That is patently false. The PS4 Pro is a PS4. PS4 games run on the Pro without any additional treatment. It is not BC. It is an upper-grade PS4, hence its being called "PS4 Pro" and not just "Pro".

I already debunked this with technical fact, please don't peddle this bullshit anymore.

It's derived from the PlayStation 4, it is not a PlayStation 4, separate GPU binary, different code paths for games, fundamentally different hardware...

Well there you go!

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 dynamitecop

@Ant_17 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@kvally said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

Not in terms of targeted specifications, the console is mostly identical with a few changes like HDMI 2.0 for HDR and 4K support, and a 90 Gigaflop overclock on the GPU, also that's in conjunction with nothing else whereas for say the PlayStation 4 Pro, its rather large hardware changes are in conjunction with independent code paths on game discs, independent GPU binary etc..

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

XBox One owners: "What's an exclusive? We need a new definition. Words have no meaning. It's all relative."

Game Industry:

Loading Video...

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

Forza Horizon 3 just came out. It is sitting at 91 on Metacritic. Woah, first Xbox One exclusive to score above 90? Nope. It's also on Windows. Not an X1 exclusive.

Likewise, a good chunk of the PS3 library will find itself playable on PC soon. Without the need for a Playstation system.

Games like Persona 5 or TLOU are not exclusives, they are on PS4/PS3.

With that said, should we change console exclusive to brand exclusive? The way the gaming landscape has changed over the last few years makes it rarer and rarer to see console exclusives like we saw in the past. Even Nintendo with its NX may blur the line further. Hell some people even suggest the Pro and Scorpio means there will be no longer any exclusive.

Of course the big winner in all of this is PC but it's so laughably ahead there's no point in comparing the PC to consoles any more.

I say should we change console exclusive to brand exclusive? Forza Horizon 3 is a Microsoft exclusive. Persona is a Sony exclusive. So and and so forth.

Exclusivity should be based on software's run-time ecosystem.

For example

Forza Horizon 3 requires Microsoft's software run-time ecosystem that runs on Windows 10 PC, Xbox One/Xbox One S and Scorpio.

Uncharted 4 requires Sony's software run-time ecosystem that runs on PS4/PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro.

Xbox One, Xbox One S, PS4, PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro and Scorpio are all run on AMD CPU and GPU IP blocks with the main difference is with OS's run-time ecosystem.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 dynamitecop

@ronvalencia said:
@Juub1990 said:

Forza Horizon 3 just came out. It is sitting at 91 on Metacritic. Woah, first Xbox One exclusive to score above 90? Nope. It's also on Windows. Not an X1 exclusive.

Likewise, a good chunk of the PS3 library will find itself playable on PC soon. Without the need for a Playstation system.

With that said, should we change console exclusive to brand exclusive? The way the gaming landscape has changed over the last few years makes it rarer and rarer to see console exclusives like we saw in the past. Even Nintendo with its NX may blur the line further. Hell some people even suggest the Pro and Scorpio means there will be no longer any exclusive.

Of course the big winner in all of this is PC but it's so laughably ahead there's no point in comparing the PC to consoles any more.

For example

Forza Horizon 3 requires Microsoft's software run-time ecosystem that runs on Windows 10 PC, Xbox One/Xbox One S and Scorpio.

Uncharted 4 requires Sony's software run-time ecosystem that runs on PS4/PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro.

Xbox One, Xbox One S, PS4, PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro and Scorpio are all run on AMD CPU and GPU IP blocks with the main difference is with OS's run-time ecosystem.

In a sane world people would actually see this as something rational, around here? Not a chance, people don't want to give up the term exclusive as if it actually means anything these days.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@dynamitecop said:
@ronvalencia said:
@Juub1990 said:

For example

In a sane world people would actually see this as something rational, around here? Not a chance, people don't want to give up the term exclusive as if it actually means anything these days.

The OS and it's infrastructure libraries gives the machine's character e.g. the main difference between Mactel and Wintel machines.

XBox One family and PS4 family hardware are similar with the main difference mirrors Mactel and Wintel machines.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@dynamitecop said:
@Ant_17 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@kvally said:

Not in terms of targeted specifications, the console is mostly identical with a few changes like HDMI 2.0 for HDR and 4K support, and a 90 Gigaflop overclock on the GPU, also that's in conjunction with nothing else whereas for say the PlayStation 4 Pro, its rather large hardware changes are in conjunction with independent code paths on game discs, independent GPU binary etc..

It's derived from the Xbone, it is not a Xbone, separate GPU binary, different code paths for games, fundamentally different hardware...

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 kvally

@Ant_17 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Ant_17 said:
@dynamitecop said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

It's derived from the Xbone, it is not a Xbone, separate GPU binary, different code paths for games, fundamentally different hardware...

Yup. Multiplatform, no longer exclusive.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#95  Edited By nathanbats
Member since 2016 • 1057 Posts

I agree with @reduc_ab_

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@kvally said:

Microsoft exclusive and Sony exclusive seems to be the only way to look at it going forward.

It's funny because MS has been doing it this way for quite a while. Even 5 years ago, system wars would balk if you mentioned MS having Microsoft Exclusives (360/PC but not on PS) and now it's the norm.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@tdkmillsy: so when gta 5 became unplayable on the 20gb ps3... that ps3 became its own system? Nice try tho

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#98  Edited By deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

@dynamitecop said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@dynamitecop said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

The CPU is identical. You're ignoring that fact because it proves that the PS4 Pro is a PS4 at its heart. The community acknowledges it, but you can't. Once again, you're arguing with reality. Stop while you're behind, my friend.

The CPU being architecturally the same voids additional binary requirements, it also didn't need one to produce gains and hit its performance target.

However the CPU being of the same architecture does not void three separate GPU binaries, it doesn't void completely separate game code for each system and it doesn't void the gross specification changes and architecture alterations.

The PlayStation 4 has one binary instruction set, the Pro has three, for three separate modes of operation and code execution..

You're drowning right now.

The PS4 Pro's CPU is identical to that of the PS4. This is because the Pro is a PS4. Having different options for performance does not make it a different console. It makes it an upgraded PS4 with greater versatility.

The only reason you are mentioning the Pro's/PS4's CPU is because I called you out for ignoring it. The fact handily shatters your argument, and as such you would have gladly continued ignoring said fact had I not ruined that for you.

I feel like we've been down a road like this before. Me stating reality, you denying reality.

Oh, wait. We have.

You are technologically incapable of holding this dialog and fundamentally incorrect, that's all there is to it.

Enjoy your day, and instead of disregarding facts in the future, embrace them and learn something.

You're too ignorant and stubborn in your ways to understand when you're over your head. Stick to surface level discussion, you can't handle the technical aspects.

If the Pro isnt a PS4, then all gaming PC generations need to be seperated. See how crazy that sounds?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#99 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69586 Posts

The PS4 Pro is factually not a PS4. It is also factually not identical to the PS4. The PS4 cannot factually run games at the resolution that the PS4 Pro can. I don't know why anyone is trying to argue to the contrary. With that said, the PS4 Pro is a newer system that is fully compatible with all existing and future PS4 games mainly due to Sony's mandate. In addition to that, PS4 games needs to be patched in order to take advantage of the newer features and performance enhancement of the PS4 Pro. There is more in common with the Gamecube and the Wii than there is the PS4 and the PS4 Pro and I don't see anyone trying to argue that the Gamecube and Wii are the same console (especially since the emulator for the Gamecube works with Wii games further cementing how painfully identical these systems are).

Exclusives are going to be brand exclusives. Games are not going to be limited to one platform and manufacturers such as Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo are going to insure that non competing hardware will support their games either now or in the future. If you can't live with this existing and emerging fact then tough. Be the designated animal of your choosing.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

I just logged into the xbox thingie in my windows 10, all of my xbox friends were there, and I can get Gears of War trilogy for $30.

I had lots of fun on the 360 last gen, but this gen I can't be bothered with any console.

Problem with PC gaming is that it is so vast, that hardly any online community has more than a handful of players. Anything you buy "online" is likely to be a ghost town.

And even tho there are technically "thousands" of PC exclusives, easily %90 of them are indy trash.

You're left with roughly the same amount of high quality blockbuster games as there are on the consoles.