BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11088 Posts

Mike Ybarra, corporate vice president of gaming at Microsoft streamed God of War recently, and Xbox fans are livid. Even he doesn't want to play another minute of Sea of Thieves, or any of their other first party games for that matter. Can't really say I blame him.

Mike had initially posted a poll asking his followers which of 3 games he should stream, and one of the options was God of War. In response to this tweet, one user questioned him and reminded him that he was a competitor and even accused him of “weak leadership.” Fanboysim among gamers is nothing new, but Mike Ybarra handled the situation perfectly by responding that he is a “gamer”.

https://gamingbolt.com/microsofts-mike-ybarra-shows-his-support-for-god-of-war-and-states-that-he-is-a-gamer-first-before-he-is-a-competitor

And by "gamer" he means "I don't want to play decade-old games in 4K". Things are looking dire for Xbox. It's probably gotten so bad that Microsoft is going to start showing Sony games at their E3 conference just so people will stay awake.

More whining from one of the gamers that harassed questioned him here.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

I don't see the problem here

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Lems during the stream.

Kaz has posted on his twitter playing the Switch by the way.

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts

Phil Spencer and co are probably always playing on the PS4 while they make money off of gullible lems. No wonder they can't stop praising the PS4.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Deal with it

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

As it should. I would hope that gamers these days are smart enough to celebrate hard work and good game making like what Santa Monica has done with the new God of War game vs what Rare has done with Sea of Thieves.

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Mike Ybarra, corporate vice president of gaming at Microsoft streamed God of War recently, and Xbox fans are livid. Even he doesn't want to play another minute of Sea of Thieves, or any of their other first party games for that matter. Can't really say I blame him.

Mike had initially posted a poll asking his followers which of 3 games he should stream, and one of the options was God of War. In response to this tweet, one user questioned him and reminded him that he was a competitor and even accused him of “weak leadership.” Fanboysim among gamers is nothing new, but Mike Ybarra handled the situation perfectly by responding that he is a “gamer”.

It's like Sony has hired MS executives to promote their game. Makes me think MS needs to pay their employees better.

@Ant_17 said:

Lems during the stream.

When the chips are down, even your best friends will sell you out.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

wow. someone played games........

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts
@Ant_17 said:

Lems during the stream.

Real Kaz, or the Troll Kaz?

Anyway, another BenBank anti-XBOX/Nintendo thread. Not surprised.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#9 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69472 Posts

Lol,only fanboys would limit themselves to one system and only fanboys would purposely not play a game because it's on another system. Fanboys are a special breed of stupid.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ant_17
@nintendoboy16 said:

Real Kaz, or the Troll Kaz?

Anyway, another BenBank anti-XBOX/Nintendo thread. Not surprised.

Real.

Troll KAz doesn't post what he playes, he just gafs on Sony.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#11 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Why cows even get butthurt when lems get butthurt. It like their addicted to it.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

This thread is pathetic.

Sony/Microsoft have been doing this forever.

They play other great games because they arent fanboys like those on this pathetic board

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Breaking news: Gamer plays games on more than one platform

You fanboys should really try it sometime

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

God forbid a gamer actually appreciates... Great games.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Minus lems from SW.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

That seems pretty dumb from a business standpoint, since basically all those Mixer viewers are going to be on XBox... but yeah, better to be yourself than a corporate stooge, I guess.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Probably explains why they are always praising Sony games.

I dunno why lems are attacking him tho', he doesn't want to play trash SoT, the guy has good taste. He's a human being and also a gamer, and most gamers would pick GOW any day before they touch Sea of Piss. Just because he works for MS doesn't mean he has to like the mediocre games MS is releasing. Maybe by playing PS4's quality games he'll get an idea about what's missing from the Xbone experience, and it will help him improve Xbox next gen.

This just proves my theory that lems are corporate slaves rather than gamers. The fact they are getting mad and feeling "betrayed" that one of their "dear leaders" is playing good games on another system is beyond sad. Kaz Hirai and Shuhei Yoshida play games on the Switch and regularly praise Nintendo, and you don't see cows taking up arms.

@biack_goku said:

Phil Spencer and co are probably always playing on the PS4 while they make money off of gullible lems. No wonder they can't stop praising the PS4.

I wouldn't be surprised. Phil strikes me as a dude with good taste. I can't see him picking trash like SoT over epic experiences like Horizon and GOW.

@Ant_17 said:

Lems during the stream.

LMAO!

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@Random_Matt said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Minus fanboys from SW.

FIXED. Fanboys are the root of all evil and cows are the worse. BTW the OP is a perfect example of an idiot fanboy. You don't think real gamers play on different systems. It doesn't make a shit if you work for Microsoft, Nintendo, or Sony.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xabiss

@BenjaminBanklin said:

And by "gamer" he means "I don't want to play decade-old games in 4K". Things are looking dire for Xbox. It's probably gotten so bad that Microsoft is going to start showing Sony games at their E3 conference just so people will stay awake.

Way to create a false narrative. The only thing you cows are good at. Fanboys just need to do the right thing and go away so true gamers can appreciate gaming.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@Random_Matt said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Minus fanboys from SW.

FIXED. Fanboys are the root of all evil and cows are the worse. BTW the OP is a perfect example of an idiot fanboy. You don't think real gamers play on different systems. It doesn't make a shit if you work for Microsoft, Nintendo, or Sony.

I know the ones who are pathetic fanboys, i just troll ocassionally for the shits and giggles.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ant_17
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Way to create a false narrative. The only thing you cows are good at. Fanboys just need to do the right thing and go away so true gamers can appreciate gaming.

Way to sound like a facist.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BenjaminBanklin
@biack_goku said:

Phil Spencer probably has job armor at Microsoft, being that despite all his failures, he can't get demoted or fired because the PR backlash would be unending. So he can sit back and cook up harebrained schemes to get the press talking about Xbox and play PS4 games while he's doing it. The guy's been failing upward.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Pretty cool, gamers going to game while haters gonna grab low hanging fruit and cry wolf.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pedro

@quadknight said:

I dunno why lems are attacking him tho', he doesn't want to play trash SoT, the guy has good taste. He's a human being and also a gamer, and most gamers would pick GOW any day before they touch Sea of Piss. Just because he works for MS doesn't mean he has to like the mediocre games MS is releasing. Maybe by playing PS4's quality games he'll get an idea about what's missing from the Xbone experience, and it will help him improve Xbox next gen.

This just proves my theory that lems are corporate slaves rather than gamers. The fact they are getting mad and feeling "betrayed" that one of their "dear leaders" is playing good games on another system is beyond sad. Kaz Hirai and Shuhei Yoshida play games on the Switch and regularly praise Nintendo, and you don't see cows taking up arms.

@biack_goku said:

I wouldn't be surprised. Phil strikes me as a dude with good taste. I can't see him picking trash like SoT over epic experiences like Horizon and GOW.

@Ant_17 said:

Lems during the stream.

LMAO!

The irony of that statement is beyond your understanding.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Shouldn’t you cows be busy playing Gow instead of cooking up these bulls**** on systemwar??

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Good on him for actually being a gamer and just enjoying good games. Of course fanboys will grab onto this and start creating false narratives by thinking that he is doing this because he somehow doesn’t like the games on the Xbox One.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1853 Posts

I would be mad too. This is the problem with hiring gamers. Look at Phil Spencer and then this guy. They are praising the competition and fanboying over their games, meanwhile the way their system is set up... They need to work on getting exclusives and acquiring studios instead of praising the competition.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1853 Posts
@Ant_17 said:

Lems during the stream.

They're actually getting exclusives though and working hard. This isn't like the Xbox situation at all. Picture this:

The PS4 isn't getting any exclusives and the sales are falling off as a result. Kaz promises them new games, but either gives them flops or cancels them. He constantly praises Nintendo and Microsoft for their games while not making any new compelling IPs. He then streams while playing on the Xbox One or Switch after constantly praising them.

I mean come on...

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts
@Archangel3371 said:

Good on him for actually being a gamer and just enjoying good games. Of course fanboys will grab onto this and start creating false narratives by thinking that he is doing this because he somehow doesn’t like the games on the Xbox One.

Yeah, exactly.

Typical cow nonsense.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts
@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:

@biack_goku said:

@Ant_17 said:

Lems during the stream.

LMAO!

The irony of that statement is beyond your understanding.

You prove my statement everyday with your shitty replies and constant damage control.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BenjaminBanklin
@luxuryheart said:
@Ant_17 said:

Lems during the stream.

They're actually getting exclusives though and working hard. This isn't like the Xbox situation at all. Picture this:

The PS4 isn't getting any exclusives and the sales are falling off as a result. Kaz promises them new games, but either gives them flops or cancels them. He constantly praises Nintendo and Microsoft for their games while not making any new compelling IPs. He then streams while playing on the Xbox One or Switch after constantly praising them.

I mean come on...

On top of that, imagine if Sony offered a $500 version of PS4 while game content was completely lacking, and what little exclusives it did have, could be played best on PC, then were always hyping up high-res b/c releases. The press would roast Sony alive.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

I don't see what's wrong with him playing God of War, and anybody upset by that is being ridiculous.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Xabiss
@lamprey263 said:

I don't see what's wrong with him playing God of War, and anybody upset by that is being ridiculous.

Bingo! Such sad times we live in now. When a gamer can't appreciate a good game.

ChrisChronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ChrisChronos
Member since 2017 • 181 Posts

Even if Microsoft where to start funding loads of games for Xbone again I don't think that would fully fix the issue here. The main issue imo is that the Xbone is heavily tied to the PC. And any game that comes out on Xbone just comes out on PC also. So Xbone is basically just a weaker multiplat console at this point. Xbone really needs to cut it's ties with the PC and become a unique gaming console again.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Yeah, exactly.

Typical cow nonsense.

That's ironic because the Xbox fans got really butthurt that he played a PS4 AAAE.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@chrischronos said:

Even if Microsoft where to start funding loads of games for Xbone again I don't think that would fully fix the issue here. The main issue imo is that the Xbone is heavily tied to the PC. And any game that comes out on Xbone just comes out on PC also. So Xbone is basically just a weaker multiplat console at this point. Xbone really needs to cut it's ties with the PC and become a unique gaming console again.

No. Only fanboys see a benefit to that. Fanboys are the reason for a lot of dumb decisions. MS is committed to supporting PC and Xbox. No one should buy a consoles to play games that can be played on PC. All games should be multiplat. Gaming needs to move away from this highschool nonsense and join the grown ups in every other entertainment industry.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

Bunch of losers on the internet. No surprise

ChrisChronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ChrisChronos
Member since 2017 • 181 Posts

@Pedro said:
@chrischronos said:

No. Only fanboys see a benefit to that. Fanboys are the reason for a lot of dumb decisions. MS is committed to supporting PC and Xbox. No one should buy a consoles to play games that can be played on PC. All games should be multiplat. Gaming needs to move away from this highschool nonsense and join the grown ups in every other entertainment industry.

Well you can say that all the while PS4 is destroying the competition with quality exclusives meanwhile you have Microsoft execs constantly praising other products on twitter and playing Sony games on twitch. Seriously Microsoft used to have way more fight in them in the 360 days. Now they just seem weak.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro

@chrischronos said:

Well you can say that all the while PS4 is destroying the competition with quality exclusives meanwhile you have Microsoft execs constantly praising other products on twitter and playing Sony games on twitch. Seriously Microsoft used to have way more fight in them in the 360 days. Now they just seem weak.

None of what you have stated addressed the issue I was addressing which was MS focusing only on the Xbox and limiting their games to the Xbox.

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nomadic8280
Member since 2017 • 476 Posts

I saw Phil Spencer walking outside in the sunshine. That's proof positive he hates gaming, wants to avoid it altogether.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BenjaminBanklin
@Xabiss said:
@lamprey263 said:

Bingo! Such sad times we live in now. When a gamer can't appreciate a good game.

So this is official now? The Xbox community considers God of War a good game instead of mewling in with all the movie game shit? The Xbox execs think it's a great game and apparently think it should be something on their platform. Despite what all the goons that tell you should accept crap like Sea of Thieves and like it think.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Xabiss

@Archangel3371 said:

Fanboys creating false narratives? Now way? That is all fanboys do anymore. It is getting a little sad.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@davillain- said:

As it should. I would hope that gamers these days are smart enough to celebrate hard work and good game making like what Santa Monica has done with the new God of War game vs what Rare has done with Sea of Thieves.

It's like Sony has hired MS executives to promote their game. Makes me think MS needs to pay their employees better.

When the chips are down, even your best friends will sell you out.

If people sell you out then they weren't your best friends in the first place.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Xabiss
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@lamprey263 said:

So this is official now? The Xbox community considers God of War a good game instead of mewling in with all the movie game shit? The Xbox execs think it's a great game and apparently think it should be something on their platform. Despite what all the goons that tell you should accept crap like Sea of Thieves and like it think.

WTF are you spewing now? I am not the Xbox community and I have been saying for a while that I hoped God of War was going to be a great game. Again you create false narratives for the bullshit you spew on this forum. I can give a shit less if a Microsoft exec likes the game. Hell they are gamers just like the rest of us and it is a great game. I respect the guy even more for streaming it to be honest.

Pcmasterrace69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pcmasterrace69
Member since 2017 • 373 Posts

I have ps4 pro and I also enjoy geara 4 on pc and xbox. Damn I even play pokemon on new 2ds xl and love it. no need to play on 1 machine only

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#46 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

That is a shame. No issue with him playing GoW but to stream it when you work for Xbox AND during a period where exclusives are non-existed.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BenjaminBanklin
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@lamprey263 said:

WTF are you spewing now? I am not the Xbox community and I have been saying for a while that I hoped God of War was going to be a great game. Again you create false narratives for the bullshit you spew on this forum. I can give a shit less if a Microsoft exec likes the game. Hell they are gamers just like the rest of us and it is a great game. I respect the guy even more for streaming it to be honest.

You're Xbox as hell. Why sit here and deny it? You HOPED God of War would be a great game despite taking a shit on it because you didn't like Horizon and thought it would have the same fate. I've never seen you go to bat for anything Sony related you liar. Nobody buys your fake neutral shit. Anybody who invests in an Xbox One X is all in on the Microsoft train.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@shawty_beatz said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Yeah, exactly.

Typical cow nonsense.

That's ironic because the Xbox fans got really butthurt that he played a PS4 AAAE.

Not all of them. Obviously.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Xabiss

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@lamprey263 said:

You're Xbox as hell. Why sit here and deny it? You HOPED God of War would be a great game despite taking a shit on it because you didn't like Horizon and thought it would have the same fate. I've never seen you go to bat for anything Sony related you liar. Nobody buys your fake neutral shit. Anybody who invests in an Xbox One X is all in on the Microsoft train.

Just because I bought a X I am all in the Xbox train. WTF you are a moron beyond belief. I have never been up to bat for anything Sony? Check my post history and you will see I said many good things about Sony you dumb ass fanboy:

30 more MINUTES!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!! I need this in my life! <---- This was on God of War release day

I am sure you are correct. 4-20 seriously can't get here fast enough. It has been a long time since I have been this excited to play a damn game. <--- Again said about God of War thread

I don't really see them hurting the industry being on top either. What I do see is Microsoft and Nintendo busting their asses because of Sony's dominance right now. That is the important part for me right now.I am hoping this exclusive dominance by Sony and Nintendo really lights a fire under Microsoft ass to produce better games. Only time will tell right now. They have wonderful hardware and services, but damn they need some talent on the development side. <--- Written on the post about Sony dominance

I will always stand by the fact that I don't believe Microsoft has released a generation defining game at this moment in time. I hate to say it, but I am not sure they have the talent right now to achieve it. Do I hope they prove me wrong I sure do, but that does not mean they haven't released some good games this generation Cuphead, Forza, Gear of War, Halo, Ori, and Killer Instinct are all good games. Unfortunately none of those games are generation defining or system sellers. None of those games listed will define the generation like Zelda, Mario, Bloodborne, Horizon, God of War has for Nintendo and Sony. They both have really creative developers right now and you can see it in their games. <---- Said this about Microsoft not having a gen defining app giving Sony and Nintendo major props

This game just shows that hardware helps, but the programmers and game engine are actually more important then anything else. 4-20 cant get here fast enough damnit! <--- Said this about God of War e3 2016 to now graphics thread

That is just a few examples of the pro Sony shit I have said in just the last few weeks.

So you have been officially been pwned you poor little fanboy! Again you are the pathetic one on this board making up false narratives.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Just dudes playing video games.

Only on System Wars can this be blown into something totally different.