Europes PS3 Will Hit 4 Million By Years End

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts

Sony is set to sell 4 million PlayStation 3 units to European consumers by the end of 2007, according to Screen Digest.

Speaking to The Times Online, analyst Nick Parker dismissed suggestions that plentiful stocks of the console could be seen to indicate poor sales performance.

"The lack of shortage is supply driven; what Sony has shipped will sell," he said.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23596

Sony is going to sell more PS3s in Europe this year then M$ has managed to sell in the last 14 months :lol:

Idonomeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Idonomeus
Member since 2006 • 2273 Posts
When have predictions about how much the PS3 is going to own the competition ever came true? Why should we start thinking it will happen now? Europeans probably have even less cash to waste on games than Americans, so price and lack of games is going to be an issue there too.
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts
Massive Damage Control
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
"Well, now, I wouldn't say that,"
akuma303x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 akuma303x
Member since 2004 • 3703 Posts
wow ! :lol:
eastside49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 eastside49er
Member since 2002 • 19559 Posts

Considering Sony can't even sell out their preorders, that is a bold statement.

Any way a price drop + Halo 3 + GTA IV + Mass Effect + Bioshock + Assassin's Creed + DMC4 + Forza Motorsport 2 + oh I could go on for a while = massive sales for the 360 later in the year.

Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts
When have predictions about how much the PS3 is going to own the competition ever came true? Why should we start thinking it will happen now? Europeans probably have even less cash to waste on games than Americans, so price and lack of games is going to be an issue there too.Idonomeus

/thread
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 InfamousC

When have predictions about how much the PS3 is going to own the competition ever came true? Why should we start thinking it will happen now? Europeans probably have even less cash to waste on games than Americans, so price and lack of games is going to be an issue there too.Idonomeus

30 games at launch PS2 NA and European sales are about even at 45 million each.

poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
you act if this is impossible
gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gromit007
Member since 2006 • 3024 Posts

Well if it does sell that many....the PS3 will still be faaaaaar behind the Wii.

Next, please

fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fixer293

You can't predict the future, so stop trying. This whole thread is nothing but a angry massive damage control.

Deal widit.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
lol dmg control cause dmc went multi! and i doubt it will.

If the ps3 hasn't broken the 2.5 million barrier here in what 5 months now? it wont break 4 million in europe by end of year.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 InfamousC

You can't predict the future, so stop trying. This whole thread is nothing but a angry massive damage control.

Deal widit.

fixer293
I didn't write the article.
sasukedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#14 sasukedevil
Member since 2005 • 1120 Posts

Any way a price drop + Halo 3 + GTA IV + Mass Effect + Bioshock + Assassin's Creed + DMC4 + Forza Motorsport 2 + oh I could go on for a while = massive sales for the 360 later in the year.

eastside49er
answer this, when u first got ur 360, was it the best and had the greatest games? if u got it at launch there was a really good game or two until march, that was 1st party, and try adding all the games that are first party games just for the 360. you only get 3 games that u listed and those are Halo 3 (which will go to the PC in a few years), Mass Effect and Forza Motorsport 2. You can still get the other games you listed on other platforms. :P
Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Michael85
Member since 2005 • 3971 Posts
If I were Sony, I'd be more concerned with selling 4 million world wide, much less in one country.
JimJackJose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JimJackJose
Member since 2002 • 2937 Posts
Another night, another thread about sales by InfamousC.... will it ever end?
Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Yellow_Rose
Member since 2002 • 16739 Posts

[QUOTE="Idonomeus"]When have predictions about how much the PS3 is going to own the competition ever came true? Why should we start thinking it will happen now? Europeans probably have even less cash to waste on games than Americans, so price and lack of games is going to be an issue there too.InfamousC

I wonder how many Europeans cancelled their pre-orders now that DMC4 is coming to 360 ;)

fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fixer293
[QUOTE="fixer293"]

Deal widit.

InfamousC

I didn't write the article.

An article by a bunch of guy that make predictions. You Fail

InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 InfamousC

If the ps3 hasn't broken the 2.5 million barrier here in what 5 months now? it wont break 4 million in europe by end of year.
WilliamRLBaker

It's only been 4 months exactly.

gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gromit007

WilliamRLBaker

It hasn't broken 1.3 million yet. :) 

InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 InfamousC
[QUOTE="InfamousC"]

[QUOTE="Idonomeus"]When have predictions about how much the PS3 is going to own the competition ever came true? Why should we start thinking it will happen now? Europeans probably have even less cash to waste on games than Americans, so price and lack of games is going to be an issue there too.Yellow_Rose

I wonder how many Europeans cancelled their pre-orders now that DMC4 is coming to 360 ;)

My guess would be 0. Devil May Cry is a medicore game.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]lol dmg control cause dmc went multi! and i doubt it will.

InfamousC

November thata 1
December thats 2
Janurary thats 3
Feburary thats 4
March thats 5
hmmmmmm its march the 20th its far enough into the month thats its 5 months.
Oh and infamous do you have to dmg control. Oh Devil may cry was a mediocre game. lol ok.

Oh heres some ownage
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msgs.php?board_id=314159282&topic_id=25389325

hmmm If Devil may cry is mediocre then why would you say its gonna push sales? hmmmm
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fixer293

TC, Please stop trolling, you have provided nothng but predictions that hold no merit. This whole topic is damage control, and trying to use analysts as ownage is useless, because they "predict" things,and predictions hold no merit.

KAS3Y_JAM3Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KAS3Y_JAM3Z
Member since 2006 • 1699 Posts
hahahahahaha While you're in the future, tell me how the stocks are k? you seriously made a post about speculation. It's not like sony put together a study, and scientifically proved that the ps3 will sell that much. you're in so much denial it's upsetting. so, so, so pathetic. I feel sorry for you :(
gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gromit007

[QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]What if demand wavers off, like it did with America? it's down to 127,000 a month.InfamousC

It will pick back with games like Lair, Heavenly Sword, Devil May Cry 4, Ratchet and Clank, Assassin's Creed, and Grand Theft Auto IV come.

[QUOTE="Yellow_Rose"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]

[QUOTE="Idonomeus"]When have predictions about how much the PS3 is going to own the competition ever came true? Why should we start thinking it will happen now? Europeans probably have even less cash to waste on games than Americans, so price and lack of games is going to be an issue there too.InfamousC

No really...its OK to change your mind to avoid ownage.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="InfamousC"]

[QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]What if demand wavers off, like it did with America? it's down to 127,000 a month.gromit007

It will pick back with games like Lair, Heavenly Sword, Devil May Cry 4, Ratchet and Clank, Assassin's Creed, and Grand Theft Auto IV come.

[QUOTE="Idonomeus"]When have predictions about how much the PS3 is going to own the competition ever came true? Why should we start thinking it will happen now? Europeans probably have even less cash to waste on games than Americans, so price and lack of games is going to be an issue there too.InfamousC

check it out!
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msgs.php?board_id=314159282&topic_id=25389325

InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 InfamousC

[QUOTE="InfamousC"]

[QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]What if demand wavers off, like it did with America? it's down to 127,000 a month.gromit007

Just because I said sales will pick up doesn't stop it from being a medicore title.
wiistation360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wiistation360
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts
DMC4 is coming to the xbox 360!  [/
eastside49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 eastside49er
[QUOTE="eastside49er"]

sasukedevil

answer this, when u first got ur 360, was it the best and had the greatest games? if u got it at launch there was a really good game or two until march, that was 1st party, and try adding all the games that are first party games just for the 360. you only get 3 games that u listed and those are Halo 3 (which will go to the PC in a few years), Mass Effect and Forza Motorsport 2. You can still get the other games you listed on other platforms. :P

The 360 at launch had the highest attach rate in the history of launches (4 games per console sold). It must have had some great games at launch otherwise the attach rate would have sucked (look at PS3 for reference on what a low attach rate is suppose to look like at launch). The 360 currently has a 5.3 attach rate so it actually went up in a years time which is amazing considering the attach rate normally goes down the more consoles you sell.

With the amazing games I already mentioned and many more that are out or soon to be out this year (Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Too Human, GRAW2, Crackdown, NBA Street Homecourt, GH2, Lost Planet, Shadowrun, UT3, etc) the attach rate could get even higher.

SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SergeantSnitch
Member since 2007 • 3692 Posts
No it's not Infamous, let it go.  The PS3 is garbage.  If I'm not interested in buying a PS3 now, I bet there's a LOT more people out there who feel the same as I.  
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 InfamousC

check it out!

WilliamRLBaker

Medicore titles can sell systems just look at 360s lineup.

InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 InfamousC
[QUOTE="sasukedevil"][QUOTE="eastside49er"]

Any way a price drop Halo 3 GTA IV Mass Effect  Bioshock Assassin's Creed DMC4 Forza Motorsport 2 oh I could go on for a while = massive sales for the 360 later in the year.

eastside49er

The 360 at launch had the highest attach rate in the history of launches (4 games per console sold). It must have had some great games at launch otherwise the attach rate would have sucked (look at PS3 for reference on what a low attach rate is suppose to look like at launch). The 360 currently has a 5.3 attach rate so it actually went up in a years time which is amazing considering the attach rate normally goes down the more consoles you sell.

With the amazing games I already mentioned and many more that are out or soon to be out this year (Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Too Human, GRAW2, Crackdown, NBA Street Homecourt, GH2, Lost Planet, Shadowrun, UT3, etc) the attach rate could get even higher.

High attach rate only means alot of hardcore gamers own the console. That's not necessarily a good thing.

fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fixer293
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

check it out!

InfamousC

Ok, What system has the most AAA's?

trolling is bad TC.

Yellow_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Yellow_Rose
Member since 2002 • 16739 Posts

At this point I could bump the numerous threads where you praised DMC, but it looks like someone else is beating me to it

"This will surely push some system sales." - yeah, it'll push 360's ;)

eastside49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 eastside49er
[QUOTE="eastside49er"][QUOTE="sasukedevil"][QUOTE="eastside49er"]

Any way a price drop Halo 3 GTA IV Mass Effect  Bioshock Assassin's Creed DMC4 Forza Motorsport 2 oh I could go on for a while = massive sales for the 360 later in the year.

InfamousC

High attach rate only means alot of hardcore gamers own the console. That's not necessarily a good thing.

It obviously is a good thing for the devs/pubs. The 360 has what? 15, 16 games that have already sold over 1 million copies in 16 months time. No wonder the PS3 continues to lose exclusive after exclusive.

MasterChumly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MasterChumly
Member since 2003 • 1239 Posts
[QUOTE="sasukedevil"][QUOTE="eastside49er"]

eastside49er

You are right the 360 has an AMAZING attach rate but I just wanted to point on that you are COMPLETELY wrong about the attach rate falling.  The attach rate almost always goes UP over time due to more games coming out and with the older 360 owners buying more games. 

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 WilliamRLBaker
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]lol dmg control cause dmc went multi! and i doubt it will.

InfamousC

November thata 1
December thats 2
Janurary thats 3
Feburary thats 4
March thats 5
Oh and infamous do you have to dmg control. Oh Devil may cry was a mediocre game. lol ok.

*edited for trolling*

I love how you edit the quote so my edit isn't reflected either that, Or it took you 4 minutes to type about 50 words.
Hmmm So let me get this straight, If I we're to go back in time right now? to november 17th it would actually mean I went back in time to december?
Because thats basically what your saying, Actually its not now 19th/20th Its the 20th on the eastren seaboard and central plans, and i do believe europe!

So here we go November 17th
13 days
December 31 days
Janurary 31 days
Feburary 28 days
March 20th 20 days
Lets see 123 days

How many weeks in a month? 4.
How many days in a week? 7.

28-31 days
28x4=112
Hmmm the result? A missing 11 days? where could those 11 days have gone too? hmmmm So Obviously Ps3 was released November 17th, No matter what you think you know of life, math or any thing else, this is not Bizaaro world and when a thing is released in a month we count that month, So the ps3 has been out 5 months.

Face it your dmg controlling:)

InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 InfamousC
[QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

check it out!

fixer293

trolling is bad TC.

PS2 or PC.

KAS3Y_JAM3Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KAS3Y_JAM3Z
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

check it out!

InfamousC

hahaha then why is the ps3 failing so miserably? And last time I checked the 360 had the most AAA titles. and again, if I'm not mistaken, there are a few games that have sold well over a million copies. I guess mediocre games sell into the millions and win goty's...my bad. YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR!
KAS3Y_JAM3Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KAS3Y_JAM3Z
[QUOTE="fixer293"][QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

check it out!

InfamousC

trolling is bad TC.

PS2 or PC.

next gen, buddy. you're in such denial. it's actually comical. but also, very, very pathetic. but mostly humorous. Keep em coming :D!
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 fixer293
[QUOTE="fixer293"][QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

check it out!

InfamousC

trolling is bad TC.

PS2 or PC.

Between PS3 and 360..........360,you fail

stop damage controlling

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 WilliamRLBaker
P.S: another example of counting a month.
I was born april 29th....Does that mean I was born in may? since there is only 1 day left in april? hmmmm
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
So the PS3 was a month old when it was released?
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 InfamousC

It obviously is a good thing for the devs/pubs. The 360 has what? 15, 16 games that have already sold over 1 million copies in 16 months time. No wonder the PS3 continues to lose exclusive after exclusive.

eastside49er

PS3 has gotten some of 360s "exclusives" to so your point is mute.

eastside49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 eastside49er
The PS3 has been out 4 months. November 17th - December 17th = 1 month. December 17th - January 17th = 2 months. January 17th - February 17th = 3 months. February 17th - March 17th = 4 months. So it is basically 4 months and 3 days old?
eastside49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 eastside49er
[QUOTE="eastside49er"]

InfamousC

PS3 has gotten some of 360s "exclusives" to so your point is mute.

What exclusives would those be?

MasterChumly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MasterChumly
Member since 2003 • 1239 Posts
[QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]

WilliamRLBaker

November thata 1
December thats 2
Janurary thats 3
Feburary thats 4
March thats 5

*edited for trolling*

I love how you edit the quote so my edit isn't reflected either that, Or it took you 4 minutes to type about 50 words.
Hmmm So let me get this straight, If I we're to go back in time right now? to november 17th it would actually mean I went back in time to december?
Because thats basically what your saying, Actually its not now 19th/20th Its the 20th on the eastren seaboard and central plans, and i do believe europe!

So here we go November 17th
13 days
December 31 days
Janurary 31 days
Feburary 28 days
March 20th 20 days
Lets see 123 days

How many weeks in a month? 4.
How many days in a week? 7.

28-31 days
28x4=112
Hmmm the result? A missing 11 days? where could those 11 days have gone too? hmmmm So Obviously Ps3 was released November 17th, No matter what you think you know of life, math or any thing else, this is not Bizaaro world and when a thing is released in a month we count that month, So the ps3 has been out 5 months.

Face it your dmg controlling:)

Your damage control of counting months is worse than his damage control of the PS3 :lol: