EA tried to defend the Locked Darth Vader in Battlefront 2.(But failed)

• 83 results
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Oh, let's be clear here, the character is unlockable, but you need to play the game to earn him. But, you know, it's EA, so everyone freak out like the plane is about to crash.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@GameboyTroy: you’re Yongyea?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@ShadowDeathX said:

EA reduced the price of the heroes....YAY.....but they also reduced the amount of credits you can get...

The problem is still there.

Not true. I just did about 2 an a half hours in the campaign and about 30 minutes in MP and I already have over 10,000 Credits. I also still get about 350 credits per round in MP. Getting enough credits for heroes like Darth Vader and Luke will be a cakewalk. I have no intention of ever buying loot boxes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

Oh, let's be clear here, the character is unlockable, but you need to play the game to earn him. But, you know, it's EA, so everyone freak out like the plane is about to crash.

People are freaked out because that unlockable character requires about 20-30 hours grinding which becomes boring pretty fast.

EA has done it on purpose to force people to unlock it by paying for microtransactions.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2066 Posts

Skipping this, I skipped the first but this was on my radar as coverage was pretty positive, skipped COD as it is, not worried about D2 DLC. Monster Hunter world looks promising though.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@dorog1995 said:
@lamprey263 said:

People are freaked out because that unlockable character requires about 20-30 hours grinding which becomes boring pretty fast.

EA has done it on purpose to force people to unlock it by paying for microtransactions.

It's more than that. It's that to level up your character you need cards which you have to buy or unlock with credits. If you plan on unlocking a character, you use the same credits, which means as you save up for a character, you cannot level up your current character, so you are playing a significant amount of time with almost no progression if you want to unlock another character. Alternatively, you can unlock look boxes and have a 'random' low chance of getting good cards (but not rare cards), and never be able to unlock a character. Before the cost reduction, you were looking at 30-40 hours of grinding per character.

This pushes people into buying the characters or loot boxes which is what they want. All this on top of the fact that everyone is locked after you just spent like $80 to buy the game.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

@onesiphorus said:
@adamosmaki said:

Watch people complain ( and rightfully so) to no end yet morons will still buy the game en mass thus encouraging EA and other companies to continue those practices ( as they did with Ubisoft games that Ubisoft themselves said in game purchases made more profit than game sales )

Me i just stopped buying EA games after Battlefield 4

There is no need to demonize people who buy the game. Enough of the self-righteousness and the holier-than-thou attitude.

I dont demonize people who buy the game. I demonize people who buy the game , buy loot boxes and then cry on forums about EA implementation of loot boxes

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#58  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@Phazevariance: Thanks for understanding how it works. Some people seem to think it's just about something taking a long time to get, but it's the whole system put together that makes this quite insidious.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#59 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9729 Posts
@MirkoS77 said:

@GameboyTroy: you’re Yongyea?

No, I post his videos because he makes good videos. What EA is doing is crap.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@Jebus213 said:

lmao..that's awesome.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@dorog1995 said:
@lamprey263 said:

20-30 hours JUST FOR ONE CHARACTER??? If so, that is freaking insane.

I don't mind unlock progressions that are reasonable, in fact that has been a pretty standard thing in multiplayer games over the years. But if I they start doing this crap where it's unreasonable, obviously trying to lure you into paying cash, I might just not play the game at all. Especially if not having all this stuff unlocked puts me at a disadvantage, or if just unlocking a few types of guns or characters I'd want to use makes me "grind" 20 or 30 hours to get them. That just isn't happening. If that's the case how many hours to unlock everything? 500? 1000? At some point it's unreasonable.

Sounds to me like EA is trying to get creative about how to squeeze extra $$$ out of the game. They want some fools to pay $200, $300, whatever into their game like I'm sure some do in Madden and Fifa. I won't be part of that madness. Hopefully for every fool they find to drop $200 into their garbage, they lose 10 sales and the whole thing blows up on them.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By GameboyTroy

EA has reached over 650k dislikes on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cff0b/seriously_i_paid_80_to_have_vader_locked/dppum98/

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 demon-returns
Member since 2007 • 1451 Posts

hahahaha lol..........

the sad state of gaming these days..... oh how the mighty has fallen and guess what, the finger only points towards us as the cause.... well to be more honest & precise you who continue to enable this crap & being treated like zombies with no brains to think!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By QuadKnight

I like the shitstorm this has caused for EA lol. Even causal news outlets are reporting it now.

I saw it on Yahoo's front page this morning. This type of bad press a few days before the game officially launches and a month before the movie's release can't be good for EA. Hopefully this will make them pause and check their greed going forward. It will be nice if they learn some lessons from this and apply it to Anthem but knowing EA they probably won't. The higher ups over there are a bunch of greedy idiots.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 KungfuKitten

@quadknight: Oh man I really hope they... I forgot Anthem was being published by EA.

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 demon-returns
Member since 2007 • 1451 Posts

@quadknight said:

I like the shitstorm this has caused for EA lol. Even causal news outlets are reporting it now.

I saw it on Yahoo's front page this morning. This type of bad press a few days before the game officially launches and a month before the movie's release can't be good for EA. Hopefully this will make them pause and check their greed going forward. It will be nice if they learn some lessons from this and apply it to Anthem but knowing EA they probably won't. The higher ups over there are a bunch of greedy idiots.

Don't forget the sad reality of the world we live in & how things work. People are all quick to forget as time goes on...... people only usually live in the now

If that was the case world war 2 would've never happened after the craziness that was the first. Look at all the current mass shootings going on.... people will talk about it for a while and then just forget until the next big one happens then there'll be an uproar and outcry and then forgotten about again. It's just human nature I suppose?

People will bash EA now but a few months from now it will be dead and forgotten news until the next time it happens again.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 QuadKnight

@demon-returns said:
@quadknight said:

Don't forget the sad reality of the world we live in & how things work. People are all quick to forget as time goes on...... people only usually live in the now

If that was the case world war 2 would've never happened after the craziness that was the first. Look at all the current mass shootings going on.... people will talk about it for a while and then just forget until the next big one happens then there'll be an uproar and outcry and then forgotten about again. It's just human nature I suppose?

People will bash EA now but a few months from now it will be dead and forgotten news until the next time it happens again.

Very true. Everyone will probably forget all of this next year and EA will try the same bullshit again with Anthem.

The cycle never ends.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#68  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

It is the most downvoted comment in Reddit history, now people just need to not buy the game and these practices will stop.

Unfortunately people will still buy the game & then cry about it...no self control. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5c56012aaa167

With the way EA is making games, I'm pretty sure that soon they will end up just making Sport and mobile games.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#70 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

Anyone notice that the most downvoted post on Reddit, the downvotes have been decreasing?

Yesterday when I looked at it in the early afternoon, it was at -681K, now it's at -678K. What sick folks out there want to upvote that comment?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 KungfuKitten

@neatfeatguy: Maybe they ordered their employees to upvote?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5c56012aaa167

The news have also reached BBC.

www.bbc.com/news/technology-41997252

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Love this picture, EA in a nutshell.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#74 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts
@Gatygun said:

Love this picture, EA in a nutshell.

Do not be surprised if this comes to the attention of the Federal Trade Commission or any government agency.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5c56012aaa167

This was the most popular thread I ever made in GS.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 KungfuKitten

No doubt you guys have seen the disaster of their Reddit AMA, and now the Dutch and Belgian Gambling Commissions are investigating the game to see if there is gambling involved (hint: there is).

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 GameboyTroy

This is getting more crazy than it already is. There are more stuff going on that we probably haven't mentioned yet in this forum.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/15/wall-street-is-getting-worried-social-media-outrage-over-eas-star-wars-game-may-hurt-sales.html

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#78  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
Loading Video...

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 QuadKnight

EA dun f*****d up.

This didn’t have to be as big as it is now. EA should have caved in much earlier as soon as there were complaints in the beta. Nothing wrong with making loot boxes cosmetic only, they would have still sold millions of loot boxes because it’s Star Wars.

Addict187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Addict187
Member since 2008 • 1128 Posts

@quadknight said:
@ShadowDeathX said:

EA reduced the price of the heroes....YAY.....but they also reduced the amount of credits you can get...

The problem is still there.

Not true. I just did about 2 an a half hours in the campaign and about 30 minutes in MP and I already have over 10,000 Credits. I also still get about 350 credits per round in MP. Getting enough credits for heroes like Darth Vader and Luke will be a cakewalk. I have no intention of ever buying loot boxes.

Same I have 25,000 did not take that long. now time to pend them on Vader and Luke and a loot box. this in about 4 hours not to bad.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

no body will ever mess a game up like turtle rock did evolve.

EA: HOLD. MY. BEER.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By QuadKnight

@Addict187: Yup, I already unlocked Vader and Luke after a few hours of play. People that will need to buy loot boxes to unlock these characters are either gonna be extremely impatient people or kids. There’s really no reason to spend any money on loot boxes now.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#84 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@APiranhaAteMyVa: people are going to buy the game regardless. It’s Star Wars. Look at how many people had shitted ok CoD and it’s still (even in its worst iterations) one of the top selling games year in and year out.

My idiot roommate is exactly the person you're talking about. Whines and whines about COD all day long, and right now he's playing the new one, and still whining. When the lease is up...I'm outta here.