EA tried to defend the Locked Darth Vader in Battlefront 2.(But failed)

• 83 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

Their comment is one of the most down voted comments on Reddit.

Link.

More details on eurogamer.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

It is the most downvoted comment in Reddit history, now people just need to not buy the game and these practices will stop.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa: people are going to buy the game regardless. It’s Star Wars. Look at how many people had shitted ok CoD and it’s still (even in its worst iterations) one of the top selling games year in and year out.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

lol EA nice ultra mythic rare loot box item

this games gonna be a pain in the ass

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Use this excuse with people standing in line, waiting to buy this shit. They'll eat that up and ask for seconds.

Not people on a messageboard.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

It is the most downvoted comment in Reddit history, now people just need to not buy the game and these practices will stop.

This. Negative publicity means jacksh*t if people dont vote with their wallets. People dont put their money where their mouth is. Remember this?

Dook-E-Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Dook-E-Fresh
Member since 2017 • 66 Posts

I was interested in Battlefront II since I skipped on the first one but I'm gladly passing on this garbage...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

Best part is that according to some Star Wars Fans, (including myself) Vader and Luke are underpowered as hell compared to the new movie characters like Kylo Ren & Rey. Really makes you think.

I'm all in for having something to shoot for, but having the characters take so long to unlock is a bit obnoxious. Leave the grinding stuff to the Star Cards, give us the full roster from the start. Since I'm an EA Origin member, I'll just play the free trail just on the campaign and then, not pay full price.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

+300K downvotes. That has to be a record.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

@davillain- said:

Best part is that according to some Star Wars Fans, (including myself) Vader and Luke are underpowered as hell compared to the new movie characters like Kylo Ren & Rey. Really makes you think.

I'm all in for having something to shoot for, but having the characters take so long to unlock is a bit obnoxious. Leave the grinding stuff to the Star Cards, give us the full roster from the start. Since I'm an EA Origin member, I'll just play the free trail just on the campaign and then, not pay full price.

Got news for ya, you can't. The trial has just the first three levels. Don't worry though, they'll probably add it to the vault in a year.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator

@spike6958 said:
@davillain- said:

Got news for ya, you can't. The trial has just the first three levels. Don't worry though, they'll probably add it to the vault in a year.

If that's the case, I can wait next year and as of right now, I'm preparing for Steam Winter Sales soon and a little Cyber Monday shopping online as well.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

How unexpected.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Seriously **** EA.

? I already preordered the game since I'm weak when it comes to Star Wars but I will not be buying any loot boxes.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

Why would we need this PR spin ?

Just say it like you mean it EA:

"We don't really care about people whining about lootcrates, you are not our desired audience

This system was made to milk as much money from people as possible

We all know some people will be willing to spend $ 1.000 + on lootboxes so we would be crazy not to do it"

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I remember back in the 90's when all EA made were shitty Madden games. Now they make billions off of dumb asses.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By QuadKnight

I just took this pic a minute ago, the dislikes seem to be rising at a steady pace. I hope this makes them reconsider but knowing EA it won't...

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#19 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

I think I said enough about Electronic Farts(EA).

Loading Video...

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

EA are a cancer.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Granted i probably suck, took me about 7 hrs to unlock a mod for a gun. Just used heavy class primarily in the 10hr trial doing galactic assault. I have EA Access on xbox so will wait till the game drops in the vault next year, def not buying.

Besides the grind, the star cards put you at a disadvantage if you're just starting out. Playing against some people with high tier cards isnt fun. Hopefully EA puts in a mode where star cards are all base lvl.

Finally, seeing that news article about Activision and third party developing a way to increase buying micros, this game pretty much nails it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k

@quadknight said:

I just took this pic a minute ago, the dislikes seem to be rising at a steady pace. I hope this makes them reconsider but knowing EA it won't...

They will wear it like a badge of honor, just like worst company of the year award.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Watch people complain ( and rightfully so) to no end yet morons will still buy the game en mass thus encouraging EA and other companies to continue those practices ( as they did with Ubisoft games that Ubisoft themselves said in game purchases made more profit than game sales )

Me i just stopped buying EA games after Battlefield 4

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

People need to vote with their wallets. If people keep buying the game, EA won't care how many downvotes their comments get.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5c56012aaa167

I'm 100 percent sure that EAFront 2 won't become as successful as the first one(At least in the terms of the unit sales)

1.Lots of people whom bought the original were disappointed about it.(Low number of players after few months)

2.The hype for Star Wars episode 8 isn't as strong as episode 7.

3.The hype for a new 8th generation Star Wars game isn't as strong as it was in Battlefront 2015.

4.The sequel is a poor mans Battlefront classic like it's predecessor.(So no buy from original fanbase)

5.Loot boxes.

6.The story was pretty disappointing for some fans.(Just read some youtube comments)

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@adamosmaki said:

Watch people complain ( and rightfully so) to no end yet morons will still buy the game en mass thus encouraging EA and other companies to continue those practices ( as they did with Ubisoft games that Ubisoft themselves said in game purchases made more profit than game sales )

There's one of these "morons" in this very thread lol.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#30  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Maybe. I think reviewers will start taking microtransactions a little more seriously after BF2. And I think there will be more gamers pissed off after its release and main sales period. I feel like the temperature is still rising. There will undoubtedly be some big things publishers **** up pretty soon to build on this. RDR 2 could be a big one.

Or do you think it's time? 400.000 angry people is something.

@sHaDyCuBe321: It will be bought. But any boycotts do help. I deeply respect those people. It'll be more interesting to see what happens after the other people bought it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R4gn4r0k

@dorog1995 said:

I'm 100 percent sure that EAFront 2 won't become as successful as the first one(At least in the terms of the unit sales)

At least we can thank Battlefront II for one thing though:

It makes the pevious Battlefront look like a masterpiece, and the unbalanced star card system it had seem not that bad in hindsight...

Also, it's funny going back to EA's words and saying they fixed one of the main problems: no singleplayer in Battlefront 2015.

So they made sure to correct that mistake by including an SP that is completely throwaway.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 QuadKnight

@i_p_daily said:
@adamosmaki said:

? If you're referring to me I'll have you know I didn't pay full price for it since a friend of mine offered to pay half off for me, and I got it for the campaign so I won't be spending any money on loot boxes. I'm a huge Star Wars fan so skipping out on the game completely is impossible for me. I'm gonna buy it one way or the other to play the story mode. I've stated however that I won't be buying any loot boxes. They only get $30 from me since that's what I value the game as being worth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
@tachyon91 said:

Anyone interested in getting into a SW BF2 clan? :)

Which clan ? I only know TKD clan that used to play some matches in gameranger.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Tried the demo and it was pretty mediocre, and with all the loot box crap I have zero interest in it.. will play the SP part in a year when it’s free with origin access like titanfall 2!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deactivated-5c56012aaa167

@tachyon91: Sorry I thought you were talking about the classic Battlefront 2(Battlefront 2005) since I thought that the new one doesn't have clans.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@APiranhaAteMyVa: people are going to buy the game regardless. It’s Star Wars. Look at how many people had shitted ok CoD and it’s still (even in its worst iterations) one of the top selling games year in and year out.

At least we can take comfort in the fact that these people may buy the game, but they won't be spending any money on the loot box crap. So, there's that. Lol

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By QuadKnight

Alright ladies and gents, they've just released an official statement on this a few minutes ago, they are reducing the amount of credits it takes to unlock heroes by 75%....

Since the start of the project, listening to fans has been important in making sure Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II is the very best experience for all of you. We’ve done this with the closed alpha, through the beta last month, and our Play First Trial. And we continue to make adjustments based on your feedback as the game launches worldwide this week. Listening, and providing choices in how you play, will always be our principle with Star Wars Battlefront II. We want to ensure the game is balanced and fun both today and for years into the future.

Making games great comes from regular tuning. As one example, today we’re making a substantial change based on what we’ve seen during the Play First trial. There’s been a lot of discussion around the amount of in-game credits (and time) it takes to unlock some of our heroes, especially Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader. Unlocking a hero is a great accomplishment in the game, something we want players to have fun earning. We used data from the beta to help set those levels, but it’s clear that more changes were needed.

So, we’re reducing the amount of credits needed to unlock the top heroes by 75%. Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader will now be available for 15,000 credits; Emperor Palpatine, Chewbacca, and Leia Organa for 10,000 credits; and Iden at 5,000 credits. Based on what we’ve seen in the trial, this amount will make earning these heroes an achievement, but one that will be accessible for all players.

It's a big change, and it’s one we can make quickly. It will be live today, with an update that is getting loaded into the game.

We’ve also been listening to how much you’re loving features in the game (Starfighter Assault, 40 player MP battles, Darth Maul lightsaber throws, etc.) as well as what you haven’t liked. We know some of our most passionate fans, including those in our subreddit, have voiced their opinions, and we hear you. We’re making the changes to the credit levels for unlocking heroes and we’re going to keep making changes to improve the game experience over time. We welcome the conversation.

In fact, this Wednesday we’d like you to join us for a Reddit AMA with some of the key leads on our team. Stay tuned to our social channels for more info on the AMA, and our blog for continual updates on what we’re seeing, hearing and adjusting in the game.

For those of you already playing, thank you. For those of you looking forward to playing the Star Wars™ game you’ve been waiting for, thank you, too. The team is fully committed to listening to our community, continually adjusting the game, and providing even more great Star Wars content over the upcoming months and years of live service updates. More to come.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/swbfii-changes-launch

:D Rejoice lads!!! Our downvotes and pressure actually did it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5c56012aaa167

@quadknight: Good for the fans, unfortunately it isn't enough to change my opinion about this game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DaVillain  Moderator
@i_p_daily said:
@adamosmaki said:

I'm a Star Wars fanboy and after taking into considerations, I'll just rent Battlefront 2 from Redbox PS4 version and I only care about the campaign only, screw the MP. Playing the campaign is all I really care about since it's tied between after Return of the Jedi & before the start of The Force Awakens.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5c56012aaa167

@davillain-: I'm not like that other guy to call anyone whom buys this game a "moron".

But I recommend you to not buy it/play it since the gameplay in campaign isn't that good from what i've seen in the gameplay videos.(Old rogue squadron games had better ship dogfighting , the gunplay was much better in old battlefront games)

If you just care about the story you can just watch it from youtube .

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5247 Posts

@adamosmaki said:

There is no need to demonize people who buy the game. Enough of the self-righteousness and the holier-than-thou attitude.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Well I'm not self righteous enough to complain and whine when someone reacts negatively to fans who allow games to be ruined because they support creators who introduce egregious and greedy practises that then get used elsewhere.

So morons they are. Do not buy this.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#45 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58929 Posts

That slick PR shit maybe worked back in the old days but you're in an internet age now.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@dorog1995 said:

@davillain-: I'm not like that other guy to call anyone whom buys this game a "moron".

But I recommend you to not buy it/play it since the gameplay in campaign isn't that good from what i've seen in the gameplay videos.(Old rogue squadron games had better ship dogfighting , the gunplay was much better in old battlefront games)

If you just care about the story you can just watch it from youtube .

I may have to at this point. Lucky enough, my favorite youtuber gamer will be covering all the story gameplay so I'll just grab me some popcorn and enjoy the show as if I was watching House of Cards :P

Plus, I'm having fun playing Overwatch as of now anyways to care about Battlefront 2.

Addict187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Addict187
Member since 2008 • 1128 Posts

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@adamosmaki said:

? If you're referring to me I'll have you know I didn't pay full price for it since a friend of mine offered to pay half off for me, and I got it for the campaign so I won't be spending any money on loot boxes. I'm a huge Star Wars fan so skipping out on the game completely is impossible for me. I'm gonna buy it one way or the other to play the story mode. I've stated however that I won't be buying any loot boxes. They only get $30 from me since that's what I value the game as being worth.

I need to know why said friend of your's offered to pay half off for you .

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Somewhat of an aside, but part of me feels that if this is indeed the most downvoted comment in Reddit’s entire history (or even amongst the most), people need to seriously reevaluate their priorities in life.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By QuadKnight

@Addict187: He likes to play with me online and when I said I wasn’t gonna buy the game at launch due to not feeling it was worth $60, he offered to pay half. He really wants us to play together as Stormtroopers lol.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

EA reduced the price of the heroes....YAY.....but they also reduced the amount of credits you can get...

The problem is still there.