EA E3 conference cancelled

  • 56 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#1 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10011 posts) -

Source

E3 2019: EA PLAY DATES ANNOUNCED, WILL NOT HAVE A PRESS CONFERENCE

well obviously they have nothing to show since almost every of thier games failed and cancelled.

EA sports the future of EA?

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#2 Posted by uninspiredcup (33685 posts) -

The last one was worse than a funeral.

Avatar image for XVision84
#3 Posted by XVision84 (16243 posts) -

Nothing of value was lost.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#4 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10011 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

The last one was worse than a funeral.

after the failure of anthem, battlefield v, battlefront 2, mass effect andromeda and butchering of titanfall (the only good series by them). they have nothing else to show. there is star wars game that is coming out this year but thats it.

EA sports is only thing left. something no one cares.

Avatar image for Basinboy
#5 Posted by Basinboy (13900 posts) -

RIP E3

I’d say the same for EA, but peace isn’t what they deserve

Avatar image for true_link
#6 Posted by True_Link (243 posts) -

I'm sad for Dragon Age... :/

Avatar image for speedytimsi
#7 Posted by speedytimsi (966 posts) -

Probably the 1st time they won't be in the running for worst conference of the year

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
#8 Posted by getyeryayasout (12343 posts) -

Best thing EA has done all gen.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#9 Edited by uninspiredcup (33685 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

The last one was worse than a funeral.

after the failure of anthem, battlefield v, battlefront 2, mass effect andromeda and butchering of titanfall (the only good series by them). they have nothing else to show. there is star wars game that is coming out this year but thats it.

EA sports is only thing left. something no one cares.

The biggest piss take was CnC.

Biowares game looked sucky from the start and they haven't made a truly great game in years.

Getting two bozos out tappy tapping pretending it's a Korean Starcraft match.

Jesus Christ.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#10 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10011 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

The last one was worse than a funeral.

after the failure of anthem, battlefield v, battlefront 2, mass effect andromeda and butchering of titanfall (the only good series by them). they have nothing else to show. there is star wars game that is coming out this year but thats it.

EA sports is only thing left. something no one cares.

The biggest piss take was CnC.

Biowares game looked sucky from the start and they haven't made a truly great game in years.

Getting two bozos out tappy tapping pretending it's a Korean Starcraft match.

Jesus Christ.

CnC was dead long ago. the early red alert and generals were good after than its dead. so yeah killing CnC was EA biggest crime.

then they ruined Crysis series after original game, then killed dead space (which i dont really care but still) and finally titanfall that they turn it into battle royale game.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#11 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10011 posts) -

@true_link said:

I'm sad for Dragon Age... :/

lol at expecting dragon age to be good.

remember dragon age 2 fisaco. that was begining of the end. dragon age inquision is the game no one talk about. no one care about series.

Avatar image for ProtossRushX
#12 Posted by ProtossRushX (5442 posts) -

RIP EA

Avatar image for pyro1245
#13 Posted by pyro1245 (5062 posts) -

They gonna finally get rid of E3? Seems like a relic of a time before widespread internet to me......

Avatar image for true_link
#14 Posted by True_Link (243 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@true_link said:

I'm sad for Dragon Age... :/

lol at expecting dragon age to be good.

remember dragon age 2 fisaco. that was begining of the end. dragon age inquision is the game no one talk about. no one care about series.

You don't play High Fantasy RPGs, princess, leave this talk to people that don't have your narrow taste in games.

Avatar image for valgaav_219
#15 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2441 posts) -

Smart move. They need to go back to the drawing board lol

Avatar image for watercrack445
#16 Posted by watercrack445 (1664 posts) -

My plan is working hehehe

Avatar image for Sushiglutton
#17 Posted by Sushiglutton (7264 posts) -

But rather than leading with a press conference, EA has announced it will skip the conference this year, instead replacing it "with multiple live streams that will air during the first two days of the event."

So ... conference as a service?

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#18 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (29121 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

Source

E3 2019: EA PLAY DATES ANNOUNCED, WILL NOT HAVE A PRESS CONFERENCE

well obviously they have nothing to show since almost every of thier games failed and cancelled.

EA sports the future of EA?

I remember when EA was only sports games.

E-A-SPORTS.

It's in the game.

Avatar image for davillain-
#20 Posted by DaVillain- (36931 posts) -

I guess that explains why EA is just gonna talk about Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order this April and not alot to go by this year's E3 2019 for them. That's another one skipping the conference this year, it's not the biggest loss, in my opinion. EA does a lot of Sports games, which is not of much interest to me and plus, their conferences haven't been the greatest these past couple years.

We know that Microsoft and Nintendo will be at E3 2019 and I guess we wait and see what the other companies, like Ubisoft and Bethesda will do.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#21 Posted by robert_sparkes (3085 posts) -

Its no loss in my opinion I haven't enjoyed one of their conferences in a while. I just hope a dragon age happens.

Avatar image for johnd13
#22 Posted by johnd13 (9752 posts) -

Makes sense. Their only E3 worthy games would be Dragon Age, which is still early in development so I doubt there's really anything to show, and the new Star Wars. But that will be revealed in April. That leaves EA with nothing.

Avatar image for madrocketeer
#23 Edited by madrocketeer (6605 posts) -

Probably didn't have anything to show, aside from FIFA and Madden.

So yeah, nothing of value was lost.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#24 Posted by Archangel3371 (28154 posts) -

That’s unfortunate. I was really looking forward to seeing Star Wars The Fallen Order and the new Dragon Age game there although I guess we’ll see those some other time any way.

Avatar image for fedor
#25 Posted by Fedor (5158 posts) -

Guess Bethesda will have to provide enough cringe for everyone then.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#26 Posted by robert_sparkes (3085 posts) -

Outside of sports games everything EA touch turns to stone.

Avatar image for RicanV
#27 Posted by RicanV (2619 posts) -

I think this is more of a function of E3's status. Every year the conference was less and less exciting and then I realized because more and more information was being distributed prior to the conference."Leaks" were all over and it got to a point where E3 just became the place to watch trailers for games I already knew were going to be there.

Avatar image for sakaixx
#28 Posted by sakaiXx (5708 posts) -

Although not many will miss EA, E3 is shrinking down and really losing its importance. Is Square and Bethesda still doing conference this year? For Square will they be bold enough to showcase FFVII on Xbox stage if they dont have conference? the fanboy cry would be massive.

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
#29 Posted by getyeryayasout (12343 posts) -

(Gasp!)But how will we know if there's going to be a new FIFA and Madden!?

Avatar image for fedor
#30 Edited by Fedor (5158 posts) -

@sakaixx: Square already confirmed they'd have their own conference.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#31 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4752 posts) -

Everybody's sayin' fuuuuck E3. At this rate the only one who's going to bother is Microsoft, and who's going to continue to fly out to LA to see what they're up to after a while? E3 is going the way of the dodo, baby.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#32 Edited by KBFloYd (21859 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Everybody's sayin' fuuuuck E3. At this rate the only one who's going to bother is Microsoft, and who's going to continue to fly out to LA to see what they're up to after a while? E3 is going the way of the dodo, baby.

what a clown. when nintendo left e3 it was doom and gloom.

now that its sony and its affiliates EA. it's "the way of the dodo baby" lmao

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#33 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4752 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Everybody's sayin' fuuuuck E3. At this rate the only one who's going to bother is Microsoft, and who's going to continue to fly out to LA to see what they're up to after a while? E3 is going the way of the dodo, baby.

what a clown. when nintendo left e3 it was doom and gloom.

now that its sony and its affiliates EA. it's "the way of the dodo baby" lmao

Do I even engage you? The last time I roasted you I ended up with three karma points. Asses were sore, apparently.

Your feelings are hurt that major publishers aren't giving a shit about E3 anymore? What do you care? Nintendo can't even live up to the directs. Hey, here's some old ports, a 3DS-looking Pokemon game for Switch and WHO KNOWS when you'll see Metroid. Sit your ass down.

Avatar image for saltslasher
#34 Edited by SaltSlasher (1145 posts) -

It isn't a big deal, they left E3 already and just did there thing at same time and they've been worst than Sony like 3 years running. Of course I love my meme factories so its sad really.

Of course, I fully expect "E3 is dead" memes, despite Nintendo, Xbox, and Ubisoft is all you really need, yet Bethesda and Square will likely do their thing again. And won't be shocked if Capcom decides to take over since they do have the best games.

Thing is, Microsoft and Nintendo has you covered, EA can just show "Jedi Fallen Order" on Xbox's stage and Dragon Age can as well.

Since I bothered reading it, they are still at E3, they just aren't doing a traditional conference. Last couple years it hasn't been a real conference but weird mish mash of crap. So I imagine it won't be much different, it will be weird stuff minus the presidents/ceo coming out to give a speech.

Avatar image for Ant_17
#35 Posted by Ant_17 (12557 posts) -

This will be a short e3. Hopefully Bethesda covers the cringe and fail.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#36 Posted by KBFloYd (21859 posts) -

@Ant_17 said:

This will be a short e3. Hopefully Bethesda covers the cringe and fail.

youre alive?

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#37 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18990 posts) -

Not surprised at all.

Avatar image for AcidTango
#38 Posted by AcidTango (1678 posts) -

I don't care at all. EA is fucking garbage. They did nothing but destroy so many great series for many years now. I seriously won't shed a tear if they ever go out of business

Avatar image for Ant_17
#39 Posted by Ant_17 (12557 posts) -

@KBFloYd: no, I died in a freak switch related accident.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#40 Posted by KBFloYd (21859 posts) -

@Ant_17 said:

@KBFloYd: no, I died in a freak switch related accident.

you cut your throat with that damn cardboard? didnt you?

damn you cardboard!

Avatar image for Shewgenja
#41 Posted by Shewgenja (21456 posts) -

As long as Devolver Digital has a show, E3 is saved.

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#42 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36342 posts) -

I want to celebrate this, but E3 has been a joke for years. Nintendo needs to drop it entirely soon, and they prove that they don't need the likes of Gamescon or Tokyo Game Show.

Avatar image for davillain-
#43 Edited by DaVillain- (36931 posts) -

@RicanV said:

I think this is more of a function of E3's status. Every year the conference was less and less exciting and then I realized because more and more information was being distributed prior to the conference."Leaks" were all over and it got to a point where E3 just became the place to watch trailers for games I already knew were going to be there.

I just think everyone is just holding off until both Sony/MS announces their next-gen consoles and to be frank, this gen is almost over and whatever's left is gonna be release this year or next year but as of now, E3 is still a thing but until both Sony/MS announces next-gen, E3 is just gonna continue getting smaller. We need new consoles and we need'em fast!

At least both MS & Nintendo will be at E3 2019, it's better then nothing right? (There's also PC Game Show)

Avatar image for lamprey263
#44 Posted by lamprey263 (36143 posts) -

I doubt they'd be without a presence, maybe MS will use their platform to showcase EA's games, wouldn't put it past them.

Avatar image for Ibacai
#45 Posted by Ibacai (13824 posts) -

I find it funny that people are doom and gloom for both E3 and EA. Neither are hurting, thinking otherwise is pretty damn comical.

Avatar image for Ant_17
#46 Posted by Ant_17 (12557 posts) -

@KBFloYd: more like I hung myself with the string for the robot pack.

Avatar image for PSP107
#47 Posted by PSP107 (17477 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: "EA sports is only thing left. something no one cares."

The sports games sells millions?

@Bread_or_Decide: "E-A-SPORTS. It's in the game."

Oh yes, the Good ol times.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#48 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (29121 posts) -

@PSP107 said:

@ghosts4ever: "EA sports is only thing left. something no one cares."

The sports games sells millions?

@Bread_or_Decide: "E-A-SPORTS. It's in the game."

Oh yes, the Good ol times.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for Jacanuk
#49 Edited by Jacanuk (18608 posts) -

This thread is amazing, mainly because of the mental gymnastics done.

So EA has seen the light and where E3 is heading, and decide they do not want to waste money on a pointless "trade show" which isn't a trade show anymore because it was dying, so they had to let the public in. Which is only good though. But EA not going does not mean they won´t show new games, it does not mean "rip EA" nor does it mean a ton of other things.

All it means is that EA probably knows that it´s impossible in this day and age to hide shit, so why waste resources when you can just place a few well-timed "leaks" up to E3 and have the same exposure for 1/1000000th of the cost. And also, of course, be at the TGS and Gamescom.

But this is looking bad for E3, or it could just be due to a new console gen coming next year. E3 2019 is going to be a dull experience, all who are left, are MS, Bethesda and Square, meaning Nothing (Bethesda have used up their fan-favourite goodwill by a long shot), more nothing and perhaps 1-2 surprises

Avatar image for davillain-
#50 Edited by DaVillain- (36931 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

This thread is amazing, mainly because of the mental gymnastics done.

So EA has seen the light and where E3 is heading, and decide they do not want to waste money on a pointless "trade show" which isn't a trade show anymore because it was dying, so they had to let the public in. Which is only good though. But EA not going does not mean they won´t show new games, it does not mean "rip EA" nor does it mean a ton of other things.

All it means is that EA probably knows that it´s impossible in this day and age to hide shit, so why waste resources when you can just place a few well-timed "leaks" up to E3 and have the same exposure for 1/1000000th of the cost. And also of course be at the TGS and Gamescom.

But this is looking bad for E3, or it could just be due to a new console gen coming next year. E3 2019 is going to be a dull experience, all who that is left, are MS, Bethesda and Square, meaning Nothing (Bethesda have used up their fan-favorite goodwill by a long shot), more nothing and perhaps 1-2 surprises

I feel like E3 is only good for new console reveals and info, not a whole lot to go by today's standards but it sure was fun to watch before the rise of social media.

It seems like this year may be the last year where it matters at all. E3 is only big if the developers/console makers say it is. Since Sony decided not to attend E3 2019 is not a big stage for PlayStation related stuff. If Nintendo and Microsoft also decided to do the same, then E3 serves no purpose for console news when social media does it so much better. EA I think already holds their own event off-site so really, E3 is losing momentum as it's probably cheaper and you have more total control of hosting your own events.

E3 itself used to be fun watching and I don't get excited anymore since I get my info through Mobile and on Gamespot.