EA, Battlefield 3 is a PC exclusive and it will blow you away.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

hope its not like battliefield 2142

gamer-adam1

IMO 2142 is better.. its more balanced and the shooting is more precise..unlike bf2 shoddy hitboxes.... and aircraft dont rule the sky :P

Instashot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Instashot
Member since 2010 • 665 Posts

No, BFBC2 doesn't feel like a Battlefield game. BF1942/BF2/BF2142 all had the same feel and those where the best Battlefield games. I mean BFBC2 on PC only has 32 players, and helicopters. I enjoyed the full arsenal of weapons and twice the number of players. Not to mention the larger range of character loadouts.NVIDIATI

Yup, alot of the features of BC2 were already in BF2 on the PC 5 years ago except destructable environments. BC2 won't have anywhere near the scale of BF2 maps and BF2 had maps that were good for vehiculur combat or infantry only (Strike a Karkarand, Road to Jalalabad, etc.) It had everything. Dolphin diving was removed in patch 1.5 which also included all 3 expansion pack maps, for free.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#53 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Im a console gamer and im glad Dice is making BF3 exclusive to PC. I really dont like how consoles are holding back PC gaming so this being exclusive will probably make it look at Crysis level graphics wise :)

And no, BC2 wont be a joke. It looks incredible and will easly be the best mp game on consoles. Still i agree BF3 may be even better ;)

Instashot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Instashot

Why does everyone hate BF 2142....I thought it was pretty fun. Apparently I am the only one who thought Titan Mode was awesome.UnknownSniper65
I enjoyed 2142 alot, while it wasn't as good as BF2, it wasstill very good.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts
[QUOTE="UnknownSniper65"] Why does everyone hate BF 2142....I thought it was pretty fun. Apparently I am the only one who thought Titan Mode was awesome.Instashot
I enjoyed 2142 alot, while it wasn't as good as BF2, it still very good.

Yeah 2142 got a lot of hate but I sitll found it pretty fun.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#56 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

BF2 definitely couldn't have worked because for consoles last gen, online wasn't really a major feature. Now, online is probably the defining feature of this gen for consoles, with online exclusive games like SOCOM: Confrontation, MAG and Warhawk as well as highly praised online games like Halo 3 and CoD4.

Of course until it is announced, it will just be a PC exclusive. BF2 was great, I can only hope BF3 lives up to it.

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 devious742

[QUOTE="gamer-adam1"]

UnknownSniper65

Why does everyone hate BF 2142....I thought it was pretty fun. Apparently I am the only one who thought Titan Mode was awesome.

no ..you arent alone :P :D.. I just think that most ppl hate on it because its based in the future.. they want a modern setting and such

adv_tr00per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 adv_tr00per
Member since 2006 • 2605 Posts
[QUOTE="gamer-adam1"]

UnknownSniper65
Why does everyone hate BF 2142....I thought it was pretty fun. Apparently I am the only one who thought Titan Mode was awesome.

I loved it too
Arsuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Arsuz
Member since 2003 • 2318 Posts

No, BFBC2 doesn't feel like a Battlefield game. BF1942/BF2/BF2142 all had the same feel and those where the best Battlefield games. I mean BFBC2 on PC only has 32 players, and helicopters. I enjoyed the full arsenal of weapons and twice the number of players. Not to mention the larger range of character loadouts.NVIDIATI
It doesn't feel like a BF game because the rush game mode is not present in the older Battlefields. The rest of the elements which make a BF game a BF game are all there. Vehicle combat, hectic squad based action, persistent unlocks, and "holy **** did you see that?" moments. The retail game will have conquest mode however making it, in my opinion, a complete BF experience.

And to be honest I am not saddened by the removal of jets, they were really overpowered in BF2...and I sucked at it :P Having more players would be nice, but the map size in BC2 couldn't really accommodate 64 players. This can be seen as another reason why BC2 isn't a real BF game, but I believe it makes for a more concentrated experience: you are always in the middle of the action, and rarely do you have to walk across great distances like in BF2.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 NVIDIATI

BF2 definitely couldn't have worked because for consoles last gen, online wasn't really a major feature. Now, online is probably the defining feature of this gen for consoles, with online exclusive games like SOCOM: Confrontation, MAG and Warhawk as well as highly praised online games like Halo 3 and CoD4.

Of course until it is announced, it will just be a PC exclusive. BF2 was great, I can only hope BF3 lives up to it.

SPYDER0416

Anyone remeber this:http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/battlefieldmoderncombat/review.html?tag=tabs;reviews

Instashot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Instashot

SPYDER0416

Its the scale and technical boundaries BF2 push, an advanced online won't change that. This is why BF Modern Combat and now Bad Company exist, they are conole spin offs of the BF# games.

64 player matches where everyone uses team work can be one of the most epic times in gaming.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#62 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

Because of how overpowered Air is in BF2, and how dated parts of the games engine are(hit detection, and a few other annoyances). Plus Bad Company 2 is battlefield 2 minus some of the fluff(as in more streamlined) I would argue the only thing BF2 has over BC2 is a larger player cap. In every other area BC2 is a rather impressive step forward. but BF3 should be awesome :)

BF2 has some epic mods though. I wonder what the mods for BC2 will be like?

Arsuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Arsuz
Member since 2003 • 2318 Posts
BF2 has some epic mods though. I wonder what the mods for BC2 will be like?jg4xchamp
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they probably aren't gonna release mod tools :(
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#64 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Well, looks like I will be able to use my g, l, h and f keys more often now.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

As long as I'm not let down as I was with BF2.

Instashot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Instashot

Verge_6
What didn't you like about it?
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 NVIDIATI
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]BF2 has some epic mods though. I wonder what the mods for BC2 will be like?Arsuz
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they probably aren't gonna release mod tools :(

No Project Reality for BC2 :P
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Verge_6
[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

Instashot
What didn't you like about it?

Where to begin? The jets made me feel levels of rage and exasperation that few games have been able to top. The hit boxes are complete and total crap Cone of fire is lame The way there was always SOME weapon that would dominate the battlefield, with each patch seeming put one down and replace it with another (ie. the G36c and PKM). The engine is a hard-coded, unoptimized mess Really, the only reason I still keep my copy close at hand is to play the awesome Forgotten Hope 2 mod.
Instashot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Instashot
Where to begin? The jets made me feel levels of rage and exasperation that few games have been able to top. The hit boxes are complete and total crap Cone of fire is lame The way there was always SOME weapon that would dominate the battlefield, with each patch seeming put one down and replace it with another (ie. the G36c and PKM). The engine is a hard-coded, unoptimized mess Really, the only reason I still keep my copy close at hand is to play the awesome Forgotten Hope 2 mod.Verge_6
Guess you didn't play patch 1.5.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Verge_6
[QUOTE="Verge_6"] Where to begin? The jets made me feel levels of rage and exasperation that few games have been able to top. The hit boxes are complete and total crap Cone of fire is lame The way there was always SOME weapon that would dominate the battlefield, with each patch seeming put one down and replace it with another (ie. the G36c and PKM). The engine is a hard-coded, unoptimized mess Really, the only reason I still keep my copy close at hand is to play the awesome Forgotten Hope 2 mod.Instashot

Except, you know, I did...
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#71 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
[QUOTE="Verge_6"] Where to begin? The jets made me feel levels of rage and exasperation that few games have been able to top. The hit boxes are complete and total crap Cone of fire is lame The way there was always SOME weapon that would dominate the battlefield, with each patch seeming put one down and replace it with another (ie. the G36c and PKM). The engine is a hard-coded, unoptimized mess Really, the only reason I still keep my copy close at hand is to play the awesome Forgotten Hope 2 mod.Instashot

I think you're reaching a bit there.
Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts

[QUOTE="Arsuz"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]BF2 has some epic mods though. I wonder what the mods for BC2 will be like?NVIDIATI

They weren't planning to make another PR mod FYI. They plan on making a PR game.

Also no mod tool on BC2 =/= no mod tools on BF3. BC2 mods would be pointless when BF3 came around considering BF3 in all likelyhood will have decently higher player caps.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 NVIDIATI

[QUOTE="NVIDIATI"][QUOTE="Arsuz"] Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they probably aren't gonna release mod tools :(Mystic-G

They weren't planning to make another PR mod FYI. They plan on making a PR game.

Also no mod tool on BC2 =/= no mod tools on BF3. BC2 mods would be pointless when BF3 came around considering BF3 in all likelyhood will have decently higher player caps.

Oh I wasn't meaning it literally, I just ment BC2 wouldn't have any big mods like PR. And I'm sure BF3 will have a whole range of modding tools. Personally I can't wait :)
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

I sure hope so. BC2 would be really good, even better than bf2, if they didn't decide to drop the player count by that much, its not even hard to do these days on consoles, but for some odd reason they thought it wouldn't be as good. But whatever it is they're doing for the next real battlefield game, just do it well please.

jonesy1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 jonesy1911
Member since 2003 • 3483 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Did you play BF2 from the original release in 2005? I did... and it was loaded with bugs and issues that were constantly altered and changed in successive updates. Still was a great game, just needed far more work before being released.

It didn't help that EA/DICE listened to all the community complaints.Instashot

I have been playing since launch and I noticed no issues, the game had a pretty big learning curve, thats all.

The game deffinitly had its problems from the start, i too played from launch and the game was a mess at times.

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Mystic-G

I sure hope so. BC2 would be really good, even better than bf2, if they didn't decide to drop the player count by that much, its not even hard to do these days on consoles, but for some odd reason they thought it wouldn't be as good. But whatever it is they're doing for the next real battlefield game, just do it well please.

PSdual_wielder

Believe me... BC2 with 64 players would be a massive cluster****. Remember Karkand Inf Only? They would have to make the maps much much larger for PC and I don't think they'd got all out of their way that much because then you'd have console gamers complaining that DICE didn't do the same for them.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
Out of curiosity, would it be recommended that I buy Battlefield 2?
devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 devious742

Out of curiosity, would it be recommended that I buy Battlefield 2?PannicAtack
i recommend BF2142 :P

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Mystic-G

For $10? Hell yea. It's worth it just to be able to experience such a game.

Instashot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Instashot
Buy it, still has a very big player base.
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts
I trust Battlefield 3 will be awesome. BC2 was remarkably good for a piece of console cheese. Give me prone and slightly improved controls/mechanics with the basic gameplay mechanics in tact and I'm sure this game will make BC2 look lolsworthy.
Instashot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Instashot

Believe me... BC2 with 64 players would be a massive cluster****. Remember Karkand Inf Only? They would have to make the maps much much larger for PC and I don't think they'd got all out of their way that much because then you'd have console gamers complaining that DICE didn't do the same for them.Mystic-G

Agreed.

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

awesome news

Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts
Nonsense, just make the maps bigger. You can make servers that big in Project Reality and regardless you're always swimming in map and you have to hunt for players. Pacing all comes down to map design, or, honestly, more importantly, the size of the map.
Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#85 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts
Im going to have to fix my graphics card for this, going to be essential !!
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

[QUOTE="PSdual_wielder"]

Mystic-G

Believe me... BC2 with 64 players would be a massive cluster****. Remember Karkand Inf Only? They would have to make the maps much much larger for PC and I don't think they'd got all out of their way that much because then you'd have console gamers complaining that DICE didn't do the same for them.

Karkand games with full 64 players was one of the best parts of bf2, for me at least. The huge stalemates gets so damn fun. But the only way I couldn't see it happening in bc2 would be because the game has more open space compared to bf2, the map sizes are about the same for both games if I remember correctly.

Persistantthug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Persistantthug
Member since 2009 • 1420 Posts

I don't see any real or current evidence that BATTLEFIELD 3 is going to be exclusive to the PC.

In fact, I believe that Battlefield 3 will release on consoles and here's why

1. I don't recall any DICE developer saying that it would be PC only.

2. This guy, Fredrik Liliegren, he hasn't worked for DICE since 2006....what would he know?

3. When Battlefield 2 was released in 2005, there was no XBOX 360, nor was there any PS3.

4. With EA at the helm as owner, we all know that EA LOVES to spread their games around as many platforms as possible. EA's greed is legendary and there is no way they are gonna settle for PC only sales when Consoles can sell just as many units, especially with Action'ish games like Battlefield 3. No way is EA gonna not wanna make significant extra money, not even if their own momma's lives were at stake. lol

Sorry, to spell the truth out, but there's hardly any such thing as PC ACTION exclusive games anymore.

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

[QUOTE="Instashot"]Huh? Wth are you talking about?

foxhound_fox

Did you play BF2 from the original release in 2005? I did... and it was loaded with bugs and issues that were constantly altered and changed in successive updates. Still was a great game, just needed far more work before being released.

It didn't help that EA/DICE listened to all the community complaints.

I remember that. It was awful.

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

I'll have to agree that BF 2 is in another league , nothing against BFBC 2 which I enjoyed a lot too , but BF 2 was just pure epicness lol , I just wish it appeared on consoles too without being nerfed (except for gfx which is inevitable) , but is 64 players online so hard to do in a console? I mean mag has 256...

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Wasn't a big fan of Battlefield 2 on the PC. Preferred Bad Company 1 to it to be honest. Won't be missing much with BF3 I suppose. I doubt much has changed.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 nmaharg
Member since 2004 • 3285 Posts

Wasn't a big fan of Battlefield 2 on the PC. Preferred Bad Company 1 to it to be honest. Won't be missing much with BF3 I suppose. I doubt much has changed.

Puckhog04
I find it hard to understand how you can doubt much has changed. Look at the difference between bf 1942 and bf2. No one can guess what BF3 will bring to the table..
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 NVIDIATI

Puckhog04
So I'm guessing you didn't like any of the other PC BF games...shame...
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#93 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Because of how overpowered Air is in BF2, and how dated parts of the games engine are(hit detection, and a few other annoyances). Plus Bad Company 2 is battlefield 2 minus some of the fluff(as in more streamlined) I would argue the only thing BF2 has over BC2 is a larger player cap. In every other area BC2 is a rather impressive step forward. but BF3 should be awesome :)

BF2 has some epic mods though. I wonder what the mods for BC2 will be like?

jg4xchamp

Are you getting BC2 on 360, I already preordered that version.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Puckhog04

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

nmaharg

I find it hard to understand how you can doubt much has changed. Look at the difference between bf 1942 and bf2. No one can guess what BF3 will bring to the table..

It's only speculation. No reason to get offended. I'm guessing graphics are going to be improved immensely. I'm not expecting a major overhaul or anything in terms of gameplay though.

Instashot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Instashot
So I'm guessing you didn't like any of the other PC BF games...shame...NVIDIATI
He's probably a fan of the more run N gun Call of Duty like games.
Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

I don't see any real or current evidence that BATTLEFIELD 3 is going to be exclusive to the PC.

In fact, I believe that Battlefield 3 will release on consoles and here's why

1. I don't recall any DICE developer saying that it would be PC only.

2. This guy, Fredrik Liliegren, he hasn't worked for DICE since 2006....what would he know?

3. When Battlefield 2 was released in 2005, there was no XBOX 360, nor was there any PS3.

4. With EA at the helm as owner, we all know that EA LOVES to spread their games around as many platforms as possible. EA's greed is legendary and there is no way they are gonna settle for PC only sales when Consoles can sell just as many units, especially with Action'ish games like Battlefield 3. No way is EA gonna not wanna make significant extra money, not even if their own momma's lives were at stake. lol

Sorry, to spell the truth out, but there's hardly any such thing as PC ACTION exclusive games anymore.

Persistantthug

Battlefield 2142 was released after the Xbox 360 was already out.

Instashot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Instashot

It's only speculation. No reason to get offended. I'm guessing graphics are going to be improved immensely. I'm not expecting a major overhaul or anything in terms of gameplay though.Puckhog04

Elaborate plz.

This will take the best of BC2, BF2, and a whole bunch of other new things.

Also when has a Battlefield game never differen't than its predecssors? This isn't Call of Duty, no BF game has ever felt the same. 2 and 2142 play 100% differently.

Going to be epic.

Instashot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Instashot
Battlefield 2142 was released after the Xbox 360 was already out.UnknownSniper65
Yup
Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

I'd still take a tradional Battlefield sequel over BF:Bad Company 2 anyday.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Puckhog04

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]It's only speculation. No reason to get offended. I'm guessing graphics are going to be improved immensely. I'm not expecting a major overhaul or anything in terms of gameplay though.Instashot

Elaborate plz.

This will take the best of BC2, BF2, and a whole bunch of other new things.

Going to be epic.

You want me to elaborate on speculation? I'm guessing, nothing more. No one knows what it will be. When the "whole bunch of other new things" is shown we'll see. I can see a BF2 with a Frostbite type engine and damage like BC2. Other then that, idk.