E3- what Movie game from MS are you hoping to be announced?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll E3- what Movie game from MS are you hoping to be announced? (33 votes)

Perfect Dark reboot 27%
Fable reboot 67%
Halo 6 42%
Gears of War 39%

As well know that Sony and Nintendo have been winning this whole gen, and that MS has been sinking with flops. But as an ex lemming I still get excited to see what MS announces each year at their E3 briefing. So my question to you is, what game are you hoping to be announced this year? As for me I’m hoping for Fable. It’s one of those series I miss from my OG Xbox and 360 days.

• 
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#51 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Chose Halo, Fable, and Perfect Dark. Gears is kinda meh at this point, but they need to get Halo back on the rails sooner rather than later. Would love a Fable game and/or Perfect Dark with a proper reboot.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#52 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

A new Perfect Dark and Fable would make me want a One.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
@tgob89 said:
@boycie said:
@tryit said:

arent all E3 games movie games?

No.

The games most people are actually excited see? It's a large majority...

Cyberpunk 2077 - will be (going by The Witcher 3's attempt at the Oscars )

Red Dead Redemption 2 - check

Anthem - check

Remedy's P7 - let's be honest, all their titles have been movie games

Rage 2 - check

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - check

Beyond Good and Evil 2 - check

Kingdom Hearts 3 - check

Metro Exodus - check

Gears of War 5 - check

Death Stranding - check

ect.

Titles which can honestly not be called movie games that people are excited to see E3.

Ori and the Blind Forest 2

Forza Horizon 4

Dreams

The last Nite (that's me personally)

N's Pokemon

N's Super Smash Bros

N's Metroid

Basically mostly Switch games :)

This isn't a full list or anything just going with games off the top of my head most people talk about being excited to see. All games listed will probably be great, but the one's that can be argued belong to the "movie game" category clearly out number the ones that some could say aren't.

what a bunch of shit

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

I hope most are movie games, I ****** love movie games.

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts

The last Gears of movie was so god damn boring. I think Gears is a spent franchise at this point so I'll go with a perfect dark reboot

darkzoomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 darkzoomer
Member since 2018 • 105 Posts

Perfect Dark, because despite how meh Rare has been lately, they'd probably have a better idea as to what to do with that IP than 343 does Halo.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@boycie said:
@tgob89 said:

The games most people are actually excited see? It's a large majority...

Cyberpunk 2077 - will be (going by The Witcher 3's attempt at the Oscars )

Red Dead Redemption 2 - check

Anthem - check

Remedy's P7 - let's be honest, all their titles have been movie games

Rage 2 - check

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - check

Beyond Good and Evil 2 - check

Kingdom Hearts 3 - check

Metro Exodus - check

Gears of War 5 - check

Death Stranding - check

ect.

Titles which can honestly not be called movie games that people are excited to see E3.

Ori and the Blind Forest 2

Forza Horizon 4

Dreams

The last Nite (that's me personally)

N's Pokemon

N's Super Smash Bros

N's Metroid

Basically mostly Switch games :)

This isn't a full list or anything just going with games off the top of my head most people talk about being excited to see. All games listed will probably be great, but the one's that can be argued belong to the "movie game" category clearly out number the ones that some could say aren't.

You know the term 'movie game' was just something that was made up to annoy Sony fans. It's just SW drivel that nobody actually believes.

Cyberpunk, Rage, Metro, Anthem, Red Dead, BGE movie games? I can't believe someone is so far up Sony's a$$ that it will label every game with cutscenes to defend his overlord. And no Remedy's past games weren't movie games apart from QB.

Hey kiddo, you need to dial back your triggered fanboy level about 99 notches.

I don't care about your rabid agenda bash Sony games or hypocritical desperation to defend multiplatform games that fit the same criteria of the titles Sony you want to label "movie games".

I'm simply calling it like it is.

You see I can do that since I'm actually is able to PLAY those Sony games AND the other games YOU are defending now! I get to see what components make up all those games UNLIKE you and don't have to hide behind nerd rage to downplay any of those titles because I can play ALL those titles...UNLIKE you!

LMAO..why you mad tho?

I didn't list any low budget, top-down, isometric broad games PC is known for in the movie game category so why are you acting like a white knight for games that match the criteria for what Sony offers but only in multiplatform form on PC?

You who seems confused on the subject and having an emotional breakdown because some of the games you like are actually the same type of games that Sony offer which you bash out of fanboyism cause they're not playable on PC boo hoo!

Iisten, I use my own judgement when ever I post on the board and not up anyone's ass buddy, you need to pump your fanboy breaks.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8474 Posts

@tgob89 said:
@pc_rocks said:

Cyberpunk, Rage, Metro, Anthem, Red Dead, BGE movie games? I can't believe someone is so far up Sony's a$$ that it will label every game with cutscenes to defend his overlord. And no Remedy's past games weren't movie games apart from QB.

Hey kiddo, you need to dial back your triggered fanboy level about 99 notches.

Oh look who's talking. Now that joke made my day.

I don't care about your rabid agenda bash Sony games or hypocritical desperation to defend multiplatform games that fit the same criteria of the titles Sony you want to label "movie games".

I'm simply calling it like it is.

You see I can do that since I'm actually is able to PLAY those Sony games AND the other games YOU are defending now! I get to see what components make up all those games UNLIKE you and don't have to hide behind nerd rage to downplay any of those titles because I can play ALL those titles...UNLIKE you!

No they don't. First the movie game is a wrong term but ignoring that no one calls Sony games movie games because they feature cutscenes. Cutscenes have existed in games since the time of NES and SNES. They call Sony games movie games because of the template wherein Sony has forced cinematic walking segments that are unskippable with banter thrown in, pacing issues with little to no gameplay, constant interuuption of gameplay with QTE events and heavy reliance on cinematic set pieces over gameplay. None of the games you mentioned fit the bill, we can all ski the cutscenes and goes right back to gameplay, no reliance on QTE or forced walking segments in straight line for hours. Furthermore these games span across multiple genres.

Calling all games with cutscenes movie games is oversimplification and desperate attempt by cows and you to defend your overlord Sony after first failing to prove that Sony has no diversity and instead rely on a template.It's so funny watching you and your brethren using every single trick to prove somehow Sony has diversity.

So, sit down and have another meltdown.

LMAO..why you mad tho?

I didn't list any low budget, top-down, isometric broad games PC is known for in the movie game category so why are you acting like a white knight for games that match the criteria for what Sony offers but only in multiplatform form on PC?

You who seems confused on the subject and having an emotional breakdown because some of the games you like are actually the same type of games that Sony offer which you bash out of fanboyism cause they're not playable on PC boo hoo!

Iisten, I use my own judgement when ever I post on the board and not up anyone's ass buddy, you need to pump your fanboy breaks.

Alright since you had to bring in PC let's list some facts to make you even more butthurt. Enjoy your second place because:

1. The most expensive exclusives ever in the history of video games. PC has it and no console exclusive comes close.
  2. The most diverse library and genres of games. PC has it.
  3. The most no. of games any platform has ever seen. Only on PC.
  4. The most amount of high scoring games. PC has it.
  5. The most sales, PC has it.
  6. Most games revenue. Yup that's PC.
  7. Most no. of total users, Yup PC comes on top.
  8. Most no. of concurrent users. That's PC.
  9. Most no. of monthly active users. PC.
  10. The highest level of developer support. PC it is.
  11. The most revenue that a single game generates, Yup PC with multiple such games.
  12. a platform that also plays console manufacturer's first party games in one form or another. Yup PC.

And all that in addition to best graphics, all technical innovation, mods, customization, controller support, free online etc etc. Now remain buttmad as there's not a single category where your precious Sony or its console comes ahead of PC.

Undergo another meltdown! *Grabs popcorn*

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@pc_rocks:

You literally have NO clue what you're talking about!

The things you're saying people call Sony games "movie games" for are NOT shared between Sony games.

You're an ignorant fanboy talking out his rear end again because YOU CAN'T PLAY those Sony games you make yourself look like a fool to everyone who actually can.

You can't typecast any one game between:

• Bloodborne
  • Persona 5
  • Uncharted 4
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • God of War
  • MLB The Show
  • Ratchet n Clank
  • Dreams

...into the same "movie game" criteria which you pulled out your ass.

@pc_rocks said:

.... They call Sony games movie games because of the template wherein Sony has forced cinematic walking segments that are unskippable with banter thrown in, pacing issues with little to no gameplay, constant interuuption of gameplay with QTE events and heavy reliance on cinematic set pieces over gameplay.None of the games you mentioned fit the bill, ...

So you're saying all Sony games have all those elements?

LMAO, What fanboy la la land are you living in? Come back to reality kiddo. Your desperation is pathetic now.

I can pick out ONE of those element and put it on any AAA game listed..That includes the games you're crying about. You're desperately trying to create a narrative that doesn't exist and failing hard! The fact that (makers of TW3) Project CD Red's 2077 is one of the games you're trying to make a defense of in this discussion NOT being a movie game kills any argument you could about Sony games.

And if having ONE element of what you listed qualifies any of those games to be "movie games" and not ALL then MY classification was ACCURATE from the beginning.

If a game only needs 1 element to be a "movie game" , then you're an exposed hypocrite...take your pick.

Again you're trying to make arguments out of desperate ignorant fanboyism and have made a clown of yourself in the process because we know you haven't played those games by desperate and FALSE criteria you used to define Sony games.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
@tgob89 said:

@pc_rocks:

The things you're saying people call Sony games "movie games" for are NOT shared between Sony games.

You're an ignorant fanboy talking out his rear end again because YOU CAN'T PLAY those Sony games you make yourself look like a fool to everyone who actually can.

• Bloodborne
  • Persona 5
  • Uncharted 4
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • God of War
  • MLB The Show
  • Ratchet n Clank
  • Dreams

@pc_rocks said:

.... They call Sony games movie games because of the template wherein Sony has forced cinematic walking segments that are unskippable with banter thrown in, pacing issues with little to no gameplay, constant interuuption of gameplay with QTE events and heavy reliance on cinematic set pieces over gameplay.None of the games you mentioned fit the bill, ...

So you're saying all Sony games have all those elements? LMAO, What fanboy la la land are you living in? Come back to reality kiddo. Your desperation is pathetic now.

I can pick out ONE of those element and put it on any AAA game listed..That includes the games you're crying about. You're desperately trying to create a narrative that doesn't exist and failing hard! The fact that (makers of TW3) Project CD Red's 2077 is one of the games you're trying to make a defense of in this discussion NOT being a movie game kills any argument about Sony games you could make.

And if having ONE element of what you listed qualified any of those games to be "movie games" and not ALL then MY classification was ACCURATE from the beginning.

Again you're trying to make arguments out of desperate ignorant fanboyism and have made a clown of yourself in the process because we know you haven't played those games by desperate and FALSE criteria you used to define Sony games.

movie game meltdown

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

Fable is the only series on the OP's list worth a damn.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8474 Posts

@tgob89 said:

@pc_rocks:

• Bloodborne
  • Persona 5
  • Uncharted 4
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • God of War
  • MLB The Show
  • Ratchet n Clank
  • Dreams

@pc_rocks said:

So you're saying all Sony games have all those elements?

LMAO, What fanboy la la land are you living in? Come back to reality kiddo. Your desperation is pathetic now.

I can pick out ONE of those element and put it on any AAA game listed..That includes the games you're crying about. You're desperately trying to create a narrative that doesn't exist and failing hard! The fact that (makers of TW3) Project CD Red's 2077 is one of the games you're trying to make a defense of in this discussion NOT being a movie game kills any argument you could about Sony games.

And if having ONE element of what you listed qualifies any of those games to be "movie games" and not ALL then MY classification was ACCURATE from the beginning.

If a game only needs 1 element to be a "movie game" , then you're an exposed hypocrite...take your pick.

Thanks for the meltdown I asked for. The desperation is real.