Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Happy to see confirmation that the controllers will work on PS5 for supported PS4 games but it sucks that they won't work on PS5 games. I understand their reasoning but they simply should have the extra controller functionality disabled if using a PS4 controller.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@vfighter said:

@DocSanchez: Older controllers are also WAY simpler in design and tech, a lot less that can break or go wrong. I have lots of older controllers that work great yet.

Although newer controllers the only thing I ever have an issue with are the analog sticks wearing out over time and usually from playing insane amounts of online fps.

This would be somewhat more understandable if it was the technical aspect breaking, and not simple things like triggers (the actual little bit of plastic that holds them in and the spring) and the buttons (the matrix underneath the buttons is similar to older designs). Basically, I'm well aware they are more advanced, but they does not mean it's understandable what has broken on both of mine. Things just used to be built to last better.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Topic Title: PS4 controller will work on PS5

Reality: But not with PS5 games

Would have been a nice feature to support it in PS5 split screen games so people didn't have to buy a second, probably-$70 PS5 controller for couch games.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

Would have been a nice feature to support it in PS5 split screen games so people didn't have to buy a second, probably-$70 PS5 controller for couch games.

In Sony's mind, the PS5 isn't the PS5 without the DualSense controller.

Why invest so much time / effort on a new controller and experiences to allow it to be tossed away?

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#55 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Pity the Spider-Man PS4’s games DLC doesn’t work on the PS4

HaH

The most expensive DLC ever

MOOoooooo

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@tormentos said:

@sealionact:

Downloaded PS Now games will support all user-purchased DLCs, microtransactions, and add-ons, as well as PS4 Pro enhancements for subscribers using a PS4 Pro system. And remember, you do not need a PlayStation Plus membership for online multiplayer on PS Now – which stays the same for both streaming and downloaded games.

https://blog.playstation.com/2018/09/20/playstation-now-adds-downloading-of-ps4-ps2-games/

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Those MS copy cats...lol

What does this have to do with the fact that you were claiming that PSNow includes PSN+ at no extra cost?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Why would I want to use a current gen controller to play next gen games?

The only people making a fuss over this are lems who got suckered out of $350 this gen for elite controllers. And the newest one is as defective as the OG 360 console.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@clone01 said:

it's Sony. of course. one day, he'll actually be able to buy one.

I find that funny considering you accuse me of not owning a 360 and when i proved you wrong you claim it was a friends 360.🤣

Classic lemming move which also some lemmings strangely pulled with my PS4 as well when i proved them wrong,i guess this site is a never ending cycle of fanboys on denial.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@my_user_name said:

It was bs that PS3 controllers couldn't work with PS4, and it's BS that you can't use PS4 controllers for PS5 games.

I don't care what gimmicks they put in to them to say oh it won't work, in 99% of games it doesn't matter.

Also BS that 360 controllers don't work on XB1 but atleast MS seems to have corrected that mistake.

Say so another of the thousands of alt accounts on this place.

The fun part is how upset you were about the PS3 controller not working,but just brush ms doing the same shit with the 360 with NOW they fix it.

I don't want last gen features is you don't want ray tracing,fast loading next gen visuals with new and unique controll features STAY on this gen.

@sealionact said:

So what does "supported" mean? That not all ps4 games will work via BC on ps5, or that not all ps4 games on ps5 will support ds4? More confusion from Sony.

Compare that to Xbox; all games that work on x1 will work on xsx via bc and all bc and xsx games will support x1 controller. Crystal clear.

Hell, when even die-hard rabid mad cow diseased pony's like Protussrush express disappointment in this decision while you blindly defend it, you know how brainwashed you really are.

Considering that you were basically given as fact that the PS5 would not even support the DS4 at all because sony didn't say so,it is obvious to see that you are butthurt as always.

Stop the hypocrisy not all 360 games or xbox games work on xbox one,so hiding in series X playing all games which again is FALSE since Kinect games will not be supported is lol worthy.

Microsoft is confirming today that its Xbox Series X console won’t support the existing Kinect accessory or the Xbox One games that are built specifically for Kinect. In a blog post laying out Microsoft’s commitments for its upcoming Xbox Series X console, Xbox chief Phil Spencer reveals Kinect games won’t be supported.

“It’s our intent for all Xbox One games that do not require Kinect to play on Xbox Series X at the launch of the console,” says Spencer.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/16/21326805/xbox-series-x-xbox-one-game-support-backward-compatible-feature-kinect

I think this pretty much illustrate what happen to that comment you just made about all xbox one games working on xbox series X.

But wait there is more ownage coming.

Both the PS Move Motion Controllers and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5.

So PS move,camera,VR and PS VR aim controllers will work on PS5 but Kinect and its xbox one games will not.

Lets see how you SPIN kinect not working on xbox one after it was force fed to millions of users and raised the price by $100 on a 40% weaker machine.

And now you can't even use it but but but what about the option let gamers decide if they want to use it..😂😂😂

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

If the ds5 is better than ds4 I have no problem with it

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 tormentos

@sealionact said:

What does this have to do with the fact that you were claiming that PSNow includes PSN+ at no extra cost?

Play stupid MS supposedly merging live gold with gamepass is basically what sony has already,because you need live gold for online multiplaying,even on gamepass it was like that now that is changing.

On PS now it was like that already if you payed for PS Now you did not need PSN+ for online gaming.

Please stop trying to twist and turn PSN+ is require for online play on PS4,with PS Now you don't need it.🤣

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

Holy shit reading some of these replies from lemmings! You guys are so angry ahahahah

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 sealionact

@tormentos said:
@clone01 said:

I find that funny considering you accuse me of not owning a 360 and when i proved you wrong you claim it was a friends 360.🤣

Classic lemming move which also some lemmings strangely pulled with my PS4 as well when i proved them wrong,i guess this site is a never ending cycle of fanboys on denial.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@my_user_name said:

It was bs that PS3 controllers couldn't work with PS4, and it's BS that you can't use PS4 controllers for PS5 games.

I don't care what gimmicks they put in to them to say oh it won't work, in 99% of games it doesn't matter.

Also BS that 360 controllers don't work on XB1 but atleast MS seems to have corrected that mistake.

The fun part is how upset you were about the PS3 controller not working,but just brush ms doing the same shit with the 360 with NOW they fix it.

I don't want last gen features is you don't want ray tracing,fast loading next gen visuals with new and unique controll features STAY on this gen.

@sealionact said:

So what does "supported" mean? That not all ps4 games will work via BC on ps5, or that not all ps4 games on ps5 will support ds4? More confusion from Sony.

Compare that to Xbox; all games that work on x1 will work on xsx via bc and all bc and xsx games will support x1 controller. Crystal clear.

Hell, when even die-hard rabid mad cow diseased pony's like Protussrush express disappointment in this decision while you blindly defend it, you know how brainwashed you really are.

Considering that you were basically given as fact that the PS5 would not even support the DS4 at all because sony didn't say so,it is obvious to see that you are butthurt as always.

Stop the hypocrisy not all 360 games or xbox games work on xbox one,so hiding in series X playing all games which again is FALSE since Kinect games will not be supported is lol worthy.

Microsoft is confirming today that its Xbox Series X console won’t support the existing Kinect accessory or the Xbox One games that are built specifically for Kinect. In a blog post laying out Microsoft’s commitments for its upcoming Xbox Series X console, Xbox chief Phil Spencer reveals Kinect games won’t be supported.

“It’s our intent for all Xbox One games that do not require Kinect to play on Xbox Series X at the launch of the console,” says Spencer.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/16/21326805/xbox-series-x-xbox-one-game-support-backward-compatible-feature-kinect

I think this pretty much illustrate what happen to that comment you just made about all xbox one games working on xbox series X.

Both the PS Move Motion Controllers and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5.

So PS move,camera,VR and PS VR aim controllers will work on PS5 but Kinect and its xbox one games will not.

Lets see how you SPIN kinect not working on xbox one after it was force fed to millions of users and raised the price by $100 on a 40% weaker machine.

And now you can't even use it but but but what about the option let gamers decide if they want to use it..😂😂😂

Yes! Break out Kinect and the GIFs in desperation to get this damage under control......
Kinect hasn't had a game made for it in years.....Not an eyelid was batted when MS stated (Long ago) that kinect would not be supported on xsx.
Sony's next showcase is PS4 based! PS4...the console that Sony is refusing to support next gen!
Oh...and did I ever say - anywhere - that PS5 wouldn't even support ps4 games? Nope....go ahead and have a looksie. I expected PS5 to support DS4, just as XSX supports X1 controller, but the longer Sony kept the silence the more I started to think that they would drop support.
What's even more laughable is that I can play ps5 games on an x1 controller next gen....

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@sealionact said:

Yes! Break out Kinect and the GIFs in desperation to get this damage under control......

Kinect hasn't had a game made for it in years.....Not an eyelid was batted when MS stated (Long ago) that kinect would not be supported on xsx.

Sony's next showcase is PS4 based! PS4...the console that Sony is refusing to support next gen!

Oh...and did I ever say - anywhere - that PS5 wouldn't even support ps4 games? Nope....go ahead and have a looksie. I expected PS5 to support DS4, just as XSX supports X1 controller, but the longer Sony kept the silence the more I started to think that they would drop support.

What's even more laughable is that I can play ps5 games on an x1 controller next gen....

Bro millions of people were forced to buy the Kinect at launch since don mattrick and Phil Spencer said it was mandatory to run the system.

That was fed up. They made no games for it required and spit in there faces and charged 100 dollars more and then made it unusable on the xbox one x and now the series x that is fucked up.

And how are you gonna play PS5 games with a xb1 controller? You don't have haptic feedback the games won't even run on the xbone controller. Were in 2020 if you don't have haptic feedback your controller is shit and useless now.

The Dual sense 5 is the only next gen controller as far im concerned you got haptic feedback the games just won't run on x-series or xbone controller or a dual shock 4 even

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@sealionact: "PS4... console that Sony is refusing to support next gen!"

... because PS4 isn't a next gen system. That said, PS4 should be getting support for another 3 years. Every Playstation has had a 10 year (minimum) lifespan. Sony is going with the traditional gen model and I appreciate it.

Now if they stop producing PS4's and tell all third parties that the PS4 is a dead system and to move over to PS5, then you'd have an argument. Of course... that's basically what both MS and Nin have done with most their systems so your argument would still be pretty weak.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#65 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:
@pyro1245 said:

In Sony's mind, the PS5 isn't the PS5 without the DualSense controller.

Why invest so much time / effort on a new controller and experiences to allow it to be tossed away?

As with most new controller features from Sony, only a few games will support them.

It should be the exception. Having PS4 controller support where applicable for co-op games would probably be much appreciated from plenty of people.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 sealionact

@Telekill: Fairish points i suppose, apart from the telling 3rd parties to stop supporting old consoles....don’t know when anyone did this.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@my_user_name said:

Xbox One controllers work on Series X games? Nice.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

So ... is not going to work with PS5 ... got it. Another reason to not get the console rght away, still have a lot to play on my PS4.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 tormentos

@sealionact said:

Pathetic you are on a thread about the PS4 controller working on PS5,you are crying here because it doesn't work with PS5 games because well dah the PS5 controller has new features the DS4 doesn't have,but you say shit about Kinect not been supported on xbox series X when even the PS camera is.

Kinect which do have xbox one game released yeah you can't play those.

I don't care about your pathetic damage controll there are Kinect games and Kinect it self owned by MILLIONS of xbox one fans and they don't work period.

No you did not and and severa times used it as some kind of ammo,because you believe that sony silence = DS4 not supported.🤣

Laughable is the fact that you can't play your kinect games or camera on series X better buy 10 xbox one now just in case.🤣

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

I fail to see how the DS4 controller working on PS5 ONLY with PS4 games is some sort of dig on MS or lems? You're bragging about the DS4 working on the next console but ONLY for old PS4 games? I thought cows don't buy a next gen console to play old gen games?

How is this anything to be bragging about?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

Do PS1 controllers work on PS2? Do PS2 controllers work on PS3? Do PS3 controllers work on PS4?

Why are lems all of a sudden expecting old gen controllers to work on a new gen system? The fact that you can play PS4 games on PS5 with a PS4 controller is an awesome feature. But why would anybody expect games developed specifically for the PS5 to work with PS4 controllers, lol? The haptic feedback alone makes the PS5 controller unique to the PS5, for one.

You guys are just scrambling for any ammunition against cows that you can get. It's been a rough few weeks for lems. Heck, it's been a rough few/several years for you guys. This just makes you look more desperate.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 kingtito

@subspecies said:

Do PS1 controllers work on PS2? Do PS2 controllers work on PS3? Do PS3 controllers work on PS4?

Why are lems all of a sudden expecting old gen controllers to work on a new gen system? The fact that you can play PS4 games on PS5 with a PS4 controller is an awesome feature. But why would anybody expect games developed specifically for the PS5 to work with PS4 controllers, lol? The haptic feedback alone makes the PS5 controller unique to the PS5, for one.

You guys are just scrambling for any ammunition against cows that you can get. It's been a rough few weeks for lems. Heck, it's been a rough few/several years for you guys. This just makes you look more desperate.

What lems are saying this?

According to most cows playing old games on a new console is unnecessary and not wanted nor needed. How is that a cool feature? You cows don't like BC and you've stated as much all gen long.

Umm this is a thread created by a well known lunatic cow. How are lems scrambling?

You cows continue to be the clowns of SWs

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@tormentos said:
@clone01 said:

@my_user_name said:

@sealionact said:

banana sushi beer can lamp desk lemming. eltormoooooooooooo. sony.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@kingtito said:

I fail to see how the DS4 controller working on PS5 ONLY with PS4 games is some sort of dig on MS or lems? You're bragging about the DS4 working on the next console but ONLY for old PS4 games? I thought cows don't buy a next gen console to play old gen games?

Because eltormo is not a real gamer. He spends his days at the library on a computer trolling this forum. really sad.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 kingtito

@clone01: nail on the head. I'm sure he can borrow a friends console, take some pics and claim it's his hahaha

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#76  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts
@ProtossRushX said:
@sealionact said:
@robert_sparkes said:

As long as the ps4 controller works solely for ps4 games I'm good I had to buy a new controller a couple of weeks ago. Why would anyone want to use an old controller on a new system.

That's all that matters....as long as you are happy that your new controller won't work on most games available for PS5 and that you'll need to pay for another controller for ps5, then who cares.

Bro the system comes with a controller you don't need to buy an extra one.

Unless you want to do some local multiplayer. Then you need like 1-3 more.

Anyway not surprised you fanboys are all defensive. You'd probably praise Sony for including a power cable with the console if they pointed it out.

Sony: "Yes, that's right. We are including your very own cable with your console!"

Fanboys: "WOW look how consumer-friendly Sony is! They even include a cable for the Playstation! Isn't that just wonderful of Saint Sony!?"

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Disappointed by this news. I remember using my ps3 controller with PS4 and my ps4 controller with ps3 with no issues. what if on the off chance I prefer the feel of PS4 controller over PS5? I get that the features on PS5 controller are unique but just at least being able to try the PS4 controller with PS5 games would have been enough And if you can’t do something in game because of the controllers limitations then so be it.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 sealionact

Cows celebrating when a ps4 controller plays ps4 games on ps5...which they could use a ps5 controller for😂😂

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

How is this a win?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Works on PS5, for select PS4 games. Okay?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 tormentos

@kingtito said:

Oh what a shock you can't see something now that something that never ever happen in this place.

Who is bragging? I could give 3 flying monkeys about it,i just posted it because several lemmings including one with a river of tears on this thread (not you) also imply several times that the DS4 would not work on PS5 simply because sony haven't say so.

@kingtito said:

According to most cows playing old games on a new console is unnecessary and not wanted nor needed. How is that a cool feature? You cows don't like BC and you've stated as much all gen long.

Umm this is a thread created by a well known lunatic cow. How are lems scrambling?

Oh please dude you people started the BC hype train after 2015 when the xbox one got it,on launch you say shit about BC and non of you were complaining about the xbox one launching without BC.

@clone01 said:

banana sushi beer can lamp desk lemming. eltormoooooooooooo. sony.

So true today as it was when i owned you ass over you simply are a sour loser.🤣

Now go back to your alt.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 tormentos

@clone01 said:

Because eltormo is not a real gamer. He spends his days at the library on a computer trolling this forum. really sad.

@kingtito said:

@clone01: nail on the head. I'm sure he can borrow a friends console, take some pics and claim it's his hahaha

See sour loser number 1 and number 2 in group therapy.

And strangely both of you claim the same shit when i owned you both,and asked for the same shit my gamertag.🤣

Maybe you were separated and birth.😎

@Zidaneski said:

Disappointed by this news. I remember using my ps3 controller with PS4 and my ps4 controller with ps3 with no issues. what if on the off chance I prefer the feel of PS4 controller over PS5? I get that the features on PS5 controller are unique but just at least being able to try the PS4 controller with PS5 games would have been enough And if you can’t do something in game because of the controllers limitations then so be it.

I wonder how you did that because the PS3 controller is incompatible with the PS4.

And while there are way to make it work,it requires buying something or having a rooted android device to you can controll your PS4 through remote play,or other tipe of circunvent method.

But for fact the DS3 is incompatible with the PS4,at least from what i know.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

@tormentos: Its exaggeration then of me to say there were no issues. To be specific I recall having to grapple with the PS3 recognizing the DS4 Bluetooth and the DS3 probably had to have a physical connection. But yeah maybe it was just getting the PS4 controller to work ps3 in which then as long as the ps5 controller works on PS4 then technically it’s more consumer friendly than the jump from ps3 to PS4.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#84 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Can we just say f(ck off to DS4? All dualshock controller are garbage. Very poorly designed, cheaply made and trash analog placement. Please go away DS4

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

Backfire

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#86 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69477 Posts

Welp, this thread backfired ULTRA hard.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#87 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Lmao. Meanwhile Series X supports the Xbone controller for everything.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By kingtito

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

Oh what a shock you can't see something now that something that never ever happen in this place.

Who is bragging? I could give 3 flying monkeys about it,i just posted it because several lemmings including one with a river of tears on this thread (not you) also imply several times that the DS4 would not work on PS5 simply because sony haven't say so.

@kingtito said:

Oh please dude you people started the BC hype train after 2015 when the xbox one got it,on launch you say shit about BC and non of you were complaining about the xbox one launching without BC.

I can't see something that has never happened in this place? Ummmmm what?

Who is bragging? You're bragging el tormented. You're trying to use this as some sort of negative against Xbox and lems. It's a dumb thread

Yep we were on the hype train for BC while YOU and all other cows said it was unnecessary, not needed or wanted and a waste of resources. Now here you are touting PS4 equipment working on the next console ONLY with old games...in other words, BC. I still think BC is a good thing to have so seems only cows are being hypocritical about it now huh.

Why would anyone say anything about BC when no one expected it. MS flat out said it most likely wasn't going to be possible. Then later on MS made it happen to an extent so obviously we're going to be happily surprised. Meanwhile you lame cows starting bashing it as if it were some sort of plague. It was a free feature we didn't expect. I bet you feel different now don't you clown?

You continue to prove you're the clown of SWs

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 kingtito

@tormentos: Owned us? The only you've owned is being the clown of SWs. Your response is proof of that

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

Nice to see Xbox owners can use their many coloured controllers for next gen to play their old games. Very nice of MS to offer the choice to extend current gen into the next gen. Makes sense since they have not been making new games.