tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 32734 Posts

In our June Future of Gaming digital event, we announced an array of PlayStation 5 peripherals and accessories that will be launching this holiday season. But we know that many of you were also wondering if and how existing PlayStation 4 peripherals are compatible with the next-gen system. Today, we’re happy to share a brief FAQ that will answer some of your questions.

If you have questions that aren’t addressed, feel free to leave them in the comments below.

Which existing PS4 peripherals/accessories will work on PS5?

• Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.
  • The Platinum and Gold Wireless Headsets, as well as third-party headsets that connect via USB port or audio jack, will work on PS5 (the headset companion app is not compatible with PS5).
  • The DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work with supported PS4 games.
  • Both the PS Move Motion Controllers and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5.

Please note, not all PlayStation officially licensed or third-party peripherals/accessories may work on PS5. We recommend checking with the manufacturer to confirm whether a product will work on PS5 and specific titles.

Will DualShock 4 work with PS5 games?

No, we believe that PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features we’re bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense wireless controller.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/03/playstation-5-answering-your-questions-on-compatible-ps4-peripherals-accessories/

Chalk off another one lemmings,i saw several lemmings here cry about the DS4 not been supported as been a given simply because sony had not confirm it well they just did.

Goes to show just because sony doesn't talk about something doesn't mean it will not be on PS5.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 27475 Posts

lol, well Lems need some kind of ammunition. The last few weeks have been brutal for them.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 36748 Posts

BS Jive is last gen tech confirmed. :P

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13525 Posts

@SecretPolice: better enjoy the share button from the bs jive

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SecretPolice

@Ant_17:

Lol, may as well be a "Cher" button. :P

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 8040 Posts

Sucks that it won‘t work with Ps5 games. Could have been a nice feature for couch co-op. I mean it’s not like there are any essential new features for the new controller.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 3787 Posts

So the DS4 can only be used on supported PS4 games and not any PS5 games.

That sounds like good support for the DS4 controller.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 6111 Posts

@tormentos said:

In our June Future of Gaming digital event, we announced an array of PlayStation 5 peripherals and accessories that will be launching this holiday season. But we know that many of you were also wondering if and how existing PlayStation 4 peripherals are compatible with the next-gen system. Today, we’re happy to share a brief FAQ that will answer some of your questions.

If you have questions that aren’t addressed, feel free to leave them in the comments below.

Which existing PS4 peripherals/accessories will work on PS5?

• Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.
  • The Platinum and Gold Wireless Headsets, as well as third-party headsets that connect via USB port or audio jack, will work on PS5 (the headset companion app is not compatible with PS5).
  • The DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work with supported PS4 games.
  • Both the PS Move Motion Controllers and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5.

Please note, not all PlayStation officially licensed or third-party peripherals/accessories may work on PS5. We recommend checking with the manufacturer to confirm whether a product will work on PS5 and specific titles.

Will DualShock 4 work with PS5 games?

No, we believe that PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features we’re bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense wireless controller.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/03/playstation-5-answering-your-questions-on-compatible-ps4-peripherals-accessories/

Chalk off another one lemmings,i saw several lemmings here cry about the DS4 not been supported as been a given simply because sony had not confirm it well they just did.

Goes to show just because sony doesn't talk about something doesn't mean it will not be on PS5.

LMAO.....It doesn't work with ps5 games you doofus.

Another middle finger to the gamers.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 43681 Posts

Wasn't gonna bother trying to use my DS4 on PS5 anyway.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 1422 Posts

It will still work on 3rd party multiplat stuff though, right? Can't see why they'd block that off.

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 7860 Posts

Wow that's sick DS4 is my favorite controller of all time I use it on PC currently.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sealionact

@SolidGame_basic: You did read the part about the ds4 not working with ps5 games right?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tormentos

@sealionact said:

@SolidGame_basic: You did read the part about the ds4 not working with ps5 games right?

How exactly will that work when the PS5 controller has different tech inside it vs the DS4?

So if the adaptive triggers are use on a game how will that work on DS4?

Basically you are damage controlling the DS4 is supported for PS4 games anbd is one thing less you can cry about by the way.😂😂😂

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 1688 Posts

With the worst console,worst launch titles and line up,and no new ps5 news in this months state of play,I suppose having a last gen controller that was also worse, working on a next gen machine is a plus for cows.... in reality.......NO

HaH

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ProtossRushX

@sealionact said:

So? This confirms PS4 games are gonna all work on PS5 this is huuuuuge nobody on ps4 is going to xbox anymore there going to stick with there ps4 library it moves with them to the ps5 no switching this gen.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sealionact

@tormentos:

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 35180 Posts

Now you can enjoy piss poor battery life on PS5 as well.

I'll certainly use mine for PS4 games, unless the Dual Sense controller just feels way better to hold :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#18 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Sucks the DS4 not being compatible with PS5 games but I don't think it's a deal breaker for anyone. Just another one for the gamers.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tormentos

@sealionact said:

Where did i say other wise?

And why in hell would i like to use my DS4 on PS5 for PS5 games and been freaking limited to old tech?

The DS controller is superior to the DS4 and has extra features that i want exploited from day 1 as it should be,because next gen consoles are about next gen games and new experiences not old ones with old experiences.

I guess when you make an act of Backward compatibility you need to play that line till the bitter end.😂

@tdkmillsy said:

So the DS4 can only be used on supported PS4 games and not any PS5 games.

That sounds like good support for the DS4 controller.

Yes as it should be as the PS5 controller has new features.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain-  Moderator

@sealionact said:

Yes but the thing is, the article is saying DS4 will work on PS5 while playing PS4 games on it. Come on, pay attention!

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5528 Posts

My DS4s have been incredibly unreliable. I've gone through two. I have a SNES pad from the early 90s that still works but a couple of triggers and buttons get fucked up in the matter of one gen?

I hope the next gen pad is better built is all I'm saying.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sancho_Panzer

@tormentos said:
@sealionact said:

Where did i say other wise?

And why in hell would i like to use my DS4 on PS5 for PS5 games and been freaking limited to old tech?

The DS controller is superior to the DS4 and has extra features that i want exploited from day 1 as it should be,because next gen consoles are about next gen games and new experiences not old ones with old experiences.

I guess when you make an act of Backward compatibility you need to play that line till the bitter end.😂

Yes as it should be as the PS5 controller has new features.

Say if you've got a multiplat couch co-op, or a fighting game, or racing game - a new release - and you've got only one DS5 controller. Is there any reason you should have to fork out for a second one if the game's not utilising any of the new capabilities of DS5 and you've still got a DS4 lying around?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sealionact

@ProtossRushX said:
@sealionact said:

So? This confirms PS4 games are gonna all work on PS5 this is huuuuuge nobody on ps4 is going to xbox anymore there going to stick with there ps4 library it moves with them to the ps5 no switching this gen.

It works on "supported" ps4 games.....where you read that all ps4 games are going to work from that is just another one of life's mysteries.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sealionact
@davillain- said:
@sealionact said:

Yes but the thing is, the article is saying DS4 will work on PS5 while playing PS4 games on it. Come on, pay attention!

Supported ps4 games....whatever that means.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 32117 Posts

Does this really matter though since Sony fanboys don’t play old games. 😅

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tormentos

@sancho_panzer said:

Say if you've got a multiplat couch co-op - a new release - and you've got only one DS5 controller. Is there any reason you should have to fork out for a second one if the game's not utilising any of the new capabilities of DS5 and you've still got a DS4 lying around?

Great and if the PS5 used exactly the same controller as the PS4 i would agree,that isn't the case i want my PS5 controller to be taken advantage of by every single developer.

Why would games should not use new features so that some one with an old ass controller from the previous gen use it?

Worse seeing an xbox fan cry about having to pay for a second controller for the PS5,when many of you line up to be virtually Rip off by MS over priced and stupid elite controllers that don't even come with rechargeable batteries in freaking 2020 is simply lol worthy.

There isn't a excuse you or any other lemming can make to justify staying with an old DS4 on PS5,now the controller work on PS5 for PS4 games? Yes ok i am good with that as i can play my games as intended.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sealionact
@tormentos said:
@sealionact said:

How exactly will that work when the PS5 controller has different tech inside it vs the DS4?

So if the adaptive triggers are use on a game how will that work on DS4?

Basically you are damage controlling the DS4 is supported for PS4 games anbd is one thing less you can cry about by the way.😂😂😂

It is one less thing to cry about, and another thing to laugh about. DS4 has no adaptive triggers? Then don't use them...simple! Let gamers use the ds4 without the rumble effects, or even simpler; support the ds4!

Hey, it's your choice. Xbox cleared things up months ago; all x1 games will work on XSX, X1 controller works on all games on xsx and the other way around.

Lol....It's not your day Tormy is it? What with this and you thinking PSNow included PSN+?

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2284 Posts

Crappy it's limited to PS4 games , but controller will still work with pc/Xcloud so still of use to hold onto ps4/3rd party as Microsoft will still support them.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SecretPolice

My goodness Phony is just a mess right now.

Poo cows, just can't catch a break these dayzz. :P

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 13894 Posts

And they said it couldn't be done. Only the the brightest minds could bring this unprecedented level of... ...well, it's news like this that dreams are made of

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 I_own_u_4ever
Member since 2020 • 647 Posts

DS4 is probably the worst POS controller ever. Worthless light bar and worthless battery life.

Nobody cares!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tormentos

@sealionact said:

It works on "supported" ps4 games.....where you read that all ps4 games are going to work from that is just another one of life's mysteries.

Obviously with supported games, basically you are desperately trying to hold on for dear life to the smallest shit you can find.

That is not difference than MS claiming BC with xbox and xbox 360 games on series X,but wait is with supported games on xbox one,if the game doesn't run on xbox one it will not run on series X.

Have that stop you or any lemming here from trying to act like the series X has full compatibility with 3 generations of consoles?

@Archangel3371 said:

To lemmings such as your self who care about BC after 2015 yes to most of us it really doesn't.

@sealionact said:

It is one less thing to cry about, and another thing to laugh about. DS4 has no adaptive triggers? Then don't use them...simple! Let gamers use the ds4 without the rumble effects, or even simpler; support the ds4!

Hey, it's your choice. Xbox cleared things up months ago; all x1 games will work on XSX, X1 controller works on all games on xsx and the other way around.

Lol....It's not your day Tormy is it? What with this and you thinking PSNow included PSN+?

Why laught? Did sony or people here claim the DS4 would work with PS5 games?

That is bullshit those things are coded into the game buffoon,if you use adaptive triggers as a feature it would simply work badly or not even work.

Yourt desperation is growing bigger as each days the PS5 position it self better and better.

Yes that is because basically the series X is a recycle xbox one with better specs,down right to its UI which MS claim it self would not change,so using the same old controller when it is functionally basically the same is not a big deal,and this is the same company who will not have so call exclusives so basically you are all in for cross gen in all aspects of its games from graphics to controlls.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Sancho_Panzer

@tormentos said:
@sancho_panzer said:

Say if you've got a multiplat couch co-op - a new release - and you've got only one DS5 controller. Is there any reason you should have to fork out for a second one if the game's not utilising any of the new capabilities of DS5 and you've still got a DS4 lying around?

Great and if the PS5 used exactly the same controller as the PS4 i would agree,that isn't the case i want my PS5 controller to be taken advantage of by every single developer.

Why would games should not use new features so that some one with an old ass controller from the previous gen use it?

Worse seeing an xbox fan cry about having to pay for a second controller for the PS5,when many of you line up to be virtually Rip off by MS over priced and stupid elite controllers that don't even come with rechargeable batteries in freaking 2020 is simply lol worthy.

There isn't a excuse you or any other lemming can make to justify staying with an old DS4 on PS5,now the controller work on PS5 for PS4 games? Yes ok i am good with that as i can play my games as intended.

It might be a bit optimistic to hope all local-MP multiplats are going to tailor their experience to DS5. Great if they do, but if not, you've got to wonder how hard it would have been not to tick a little box that says "disable DS4 controller support for this game".

It would be kind of laughable if PC users were still able to use their DS4's for the exact same games while PS5 supporters were left out in the rain playing single player.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 7231 Posts

@DocSanchez: Older controllers are also WAY simpler in design and tech, a lot less that can break or go wrong. I have lots of older controllers that work great yet.

Although newer controllers the only thing I ever have an issue with are the analog sticks wearing out over time and usually from playing insane amounts of online fps.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Archangel3371

@tormentos: Yet here you are singing it’s praises from the rooftops. Oh Lordy! 🤣🤣🤣

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 4451 Posts

As long as the ps4 controller works solely for ps4 games I'm good I had to buy a new controller a couple of weeks ago. Why would anyone want to use an old controller on a new system.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tormentos

@sancho_panzer said:

It might be a bit optimistic to hope all local-MP multiplats are going to tailor their experience to DS5. Great if they do, but if not, you've got to wonder how hard it would have been not to tick a little box that says "disable DS4 controller support for this game".

It would be kind of laughable if PC users were still able to use their DS4's for the exact same games while PS5 supporters were left out in the rain playing single player, wouldn't it.

Yeah because how many PC controllers with adaptive triggers and the same funtions as the PS5 we have on PC?

So not coding an option that the PS5 has now is some how good because you can play it with a PS4 controllers.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 46456 Posts

Ugh, sucks that they don't work for ps5 games. I hate buying new controllers

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tormentos

@sealionact:

Downloaded PS Now games will support all user-purchased DLCs, microtransactions, and add-ons, as well as PS4 Pro enhancements for subscribers using a PS4 Pro system. And remember, you do not need a PlayStation Plus membership for online multiplayer on PS Now – which stays the same for both streaming and downloaded games.

https://blog.playstation.com/2018/09/20/playstation-now-adds-downloading-of-ps4-ps2-games/

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Those MS copy cats...lol

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 clone01
Member since 2003 • 28377 Posts

the genesis controller works with the Atari 2600.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sancho_Panzer

@tormentos said:
@sancho_panzer said:

It would be kind of laughable if PC users were still able to use their DS4's for the exact same games while PS5 supporters were left out in the rain playing single player, wouldn't it.

Yeah because how many PC controllers with adaptive triggers and the same funtions as the PS5 we have on PC?

So not coding an optionthat the PS5 has now is some how good because you can play it with a PS4 controllers.

Mindboggling.

Like I say, I admire your optimism.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 clone01
Member since 2003 • 28377 Posts
@Archangel3371 said:

@tormentos: Yet here you are singing it’s praises from the rooftops. Oh Lordy! 🤣🤣🤣

it's Sony. of course. one day, he'll actually be able to buy one.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 301 Posts

It was bs that PS3 controllers couldn't work with PS4, and it's BS that you can't use PS4 controllers for PS5 games.

I don't care what gimmicks they put in to them to say oh it won't work, in 99% of games it doesn't matter.

Also BS that 360 controllers don't work on XB1 but atleast MS seems to have corrected that mistake.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 368 Posts

Christ! Another thread backfired for tormentors, does he never learn??

Anyway Gratz with ds4 still working with PS4 games, huuuuuge win that should easily secure the generation for Sony alone!!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Archangel3371

@clone01: You would think that Sony would at least give him a system for all the work he does for them. 😅

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By sealionact

@tormentos said:
@sealionact said:

Obviously with supported games, basically you are desperately trying to hold on for dear life to the smallest shit you can find.

That is not difference than MS claiming BC with xbox and xbox 360 games on series X,but wait is with supported games on xbox one,if the game doesn't run on xbox one it will not run on series X.

Have that stop you or any lemming here from trying to act like the series X has full compatibility with 3 generations of consoles?

@Archangel3371 said:

To lemmings such as your self who care about BC after 2015 yes to most of us it really doesn't.

@sealionact said:

Why laught? Did sony or people here claim the DS4 would work with PS5 games?

That is bullshit those things are coded into the game buffoon,if you use adaptive triggers as a feature it would simply work badly or not even work.

Yourt desperation is growing bigger as each days the PS5 position it self better and better.

Yes that is because basically the series X is a recycle xbox one with better specs,down right to its UI which MS claim it self would not change,so using the same old controller when it is functionally basically the same is not a big deal,and this is the same company who will not have so call exclusives so basically you are all in for cross gen in all aspects of its games from graphics to controlls.

So what does "supported" mean? That not all ps4 games will work via BC on ps5, or that not all ps4 games on ps5 will support ds4? More confusion from Sony.
Compare that to Xbox; all games that work on x1 will work on xsx via bc and all bc and xsx games will support x1 controller. Crystal clear.

Hell, when even die-hard rabid mad cow diseased pony's like Protussrush express disappointment in this decision while you blindly defend it, you know how brainwashed you really are.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sealionact
@robert_sparkes said:

As long as the ps4 controller works solely for ps4 games I'm good I had to buy a new controller a couple of weeks ago. Why would anyone want to use an old controller on a new system.

That's all that matters....as long as you are happy that your new controller won't work on most games available for PS5 and that you'll need to pay for another controller for ps5, then who cares.

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ProtossRushX

@sealionact said:
@robert_sparkes said:

That's all that matters....as long as you are happy that your new controller won't work on most games available for PS5 and that you'll need to pay for another controller for ps5, then who cares.

Bro the system comes with a controller you don't need to buy an extra one.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator

@Archangel3371 said:

I enjoy playing my old games...for Nostalgic reasons :)

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sealionact

@ProtossRushX said:
@sealionact said:
@robert_sparkes said:

Bro the system comes with a controller you don't need to buy an extra one.

"Bro" the ps4 came with a controller too.....why do you think he bought an extra one for the ps4? You don't think games like FIFA etc need an extra controller for 2 players?