Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14926 Posts

@Vaasman said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Vaasman said:

I'll wait for a few more reviews and some player feedback before any decision making. After all, DA2 scored A-AA at most places and that games a piece of shit.

True . Critic reviews for that game are great while user reviews are bad. The game itself was trash as well compared to first game . Let's wait for users feedback .

user reviews are not reliable....full of unwarranted 0's or 10's. They are a lot worse than critic reviews.

And the first game is far from great as well.

First of all, nobody checks user reviews for scores, they are for reading. Player experiences pinpoint various specific perks and flaws that reviews may not address, as website reviews are written for a big picture. For example, in DA2, reviews mentioned repeating dungeons, but it wasn't until players got their hands on it that it was apparent just how blatant and frequent the copy/pasting was.

Second of all, DA:O scored better on PC than both DA2 and, at the current moment, DA3. This is going off of both gamespot and metacritic, since you're adamant on using the latter as your basis for argument. If you want to use MC to argue that DA3 and ME3 are great, you can't then ignore MC when DA:O also scored well and received acclaim, or it destroys the integrity of the argument. Can't have your cake and eat it too I'm afraid.

User scores also means tantrums and whining, or the gamer simply not playing the game he wanted.

And somebody doesn't want to talk about the console versions of DAO...they count too. They were lesser games. And I have seen critics call DAI the best in the series if they compare the games, Take you own advice...because you want to have your cake and eat it too.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#52 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Sad to see people on here not wanting to give a chance. I admit I hated DA2 but I wanna try this out and see if it has gotten any better.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Great score, may have to pick up this game

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 284

User Lists: 37

#55 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1434 Posts

I'm speechless. First hyped game this year that doesn't disappoint?
Oh yeah :D

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

I'm going to wait until we have player feedback and alot more reviews, everyone was d*ckriding DA2 (PC Gamer called it the game of the decade) so yeah am going to wait

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By texasgoldrush

@Cloud_imperium said:
@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

except on harder difficulties, where not using tactics gets you killed.

Reviews confirm this is not a factor. Divinity: Original Sin appears to be the CRPG the world deserves.

Wrong.....most reviewers played it on normal, which allows you to not use tactics for the most part. Add the fact that there are NO healing spells and limited potions. You do not use tactics on Nightmare, you die...plain and simple.

And Divinity lacks the "why I care" part, the story and the characters, Nevermind DAI provides far more choice and consequence than D:OS.

Dragon Age : Inquisition may have been better in cutscenes and as an overall game but I doubt that it is better than Divinity : Original Sin in terms of gameplay, specially when Dragon Age series itself is dumbed down a bit (Inquisition is huge improvement over DA 2 but I don't think it'll top Origins in that department) . I've played Dragon Age : Origins and rated it 10/10 . I've also played Divinity : Original Sin and I can assure you, D:OS is far better "RPG" and better in gameplay department. But it doesn't matter , I loved both Origins and D:OS and I can't wait for Inquisition (hated DA 2) .

DAO is no 10/10...the game is hilariously unbalanced and broken, its so bad that Bioware couldn't fix it. There was no tactics, just exploits. Once you take enemy mages out of the game, the game is easy. Mages, even on nightmare can kill enemy mages in one hit with Mana Clash, Nevermind that they can also solo the game. Warriors were useless and Rogues also had some broken skills. Awakenings attempt at "balance" was crude where Warriors got instakill skills. Lets not get into Arcane Warriors and Blood Mages. The combat was a trainwreck in Origins when it came to proper balance. Hell, at least DA2 had far better combat balance.

The ONLY thing Divinity had was good combat, its role playing gameplay sucked as well. very little choice with very little consequence, with a leveling system being a lesser form of Fallouts great system.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#58 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
@musalala said:

I'm going to wait until we have player feedback and alot more reviews, everyone was d*ckriding DA2 (PC Gamer called it the game of the decade) so yeah am going to wait

PC Gamer has become a shitty website . Don't take them seriously . I doubt that they are even "PC Gamers" .

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#59 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

@Cloud_imperium said:
@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Reviews confirm this is not a factor. Divinity: Original Sin appears to be the CRPG the world deserves.

Wrong.....most reviewers played it on normal, which allows you to not use tactics for the most part. Add the fact that there are NO healing spells and limited potions. You do not use tactics on Nightmare, you die...plain and simple.

And Divinity lacks the "why I care" part, the story and the characters, Nevermind DAI provides far more choice and consequence than D:OS.

Dragon Age : Inquisition may have been better in cutscenes and as an overall game but I doubt that it is better than Divinity : Original Sin in terms of gameplay, specially when Dragon Age series itself is dumbed down a bit (Inquisition is huge improvement over DA 2 but I don't think it'll top Origins in that department) . I've played Dragon Age : Origins and rated it 10/10 . I've also played Divinity : Original Sin and I can assure you, D:OS is far better "RPG" and better in gameplay department. But it doesn't matter , I loved both Origins and D:OS and I can't wait for Inquisition (hated DA 2) .

DAO is no 10/10...the game is hilariously unbalanced and broken, its so bad that Bioware couldn't fix it. There was no tactics, just exploits. Once you take enemy mages out of the game, the game is easy. Mages, even on nightmare can kill enemy mages in one hit with Mana Clash, Nevermind that they can also solo the game. Warriors were useless and Rogues also had some broken skills. Awakenings attempt at "balance" was crude where Warriors got instakill skills. Lets not get into Arcane Warriors and Blood Mages. The combat was a trainwreck in Origins when it came to proper balance. Hell, at least DA2 had far better combat balance.

The ONLY thing Divinity had was good combat, its role playing gameplay sucked as well. very little choice with very little consequence, with a leveling system being a lesser form of Fallouts great system.

DA 2 for me was so boring that I couldn't even finish it . More than Half of the features were missing from the game and even that "care" and "consequence" failed to keep me engaged . DOS on other hand has great combat , Lot of customization , Beautiful world , Rewarding Exploration and so on . As I said , as a game Inquisition may turn out to be a better game but as an "RPG" I don't think it'll top DOS . Will have to wait and see though .

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 texasgoldrush

@Cloud_imperium said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Cloud_imperium said:
@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

DA 2 for me was so boring that I couldn't even finish it . More than Half of the features were missing from the game and even that "care" and "consequence" failed to keep me engaged . DOS on other hand has great combat , Lot of customization , Beautiful world , Rewarding Exploration and so on . As I said , as a game Inquisition may turn out to be a better game but as an "RPG" I don't think it'll top DOS . Will have to wait and see though .

Being a better game is simply better than being a better RPG. And really, there is more to the RPG than just combat. DAI can take that too.

And I am not the biggest fan of DAI's direction....its far too conservative and takes no risks. Its too much like the answer to DA2 to please the fans.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#61 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

awesome, i knew this will kickass

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Awesome. I'll be getting this game soon. Just want to clear out some of the newer games I just got first before divulging in Inquisition.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Great news.

was really looking forward to this.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

This just makes the anticipation I already had for this game that much sweeter :)

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#66 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

OOOOO GOTY contender!

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#67 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Aaawwwww yeahh son!! DA is back with a bang! :D

AMEN!!!

Ugh 7 more days though :(

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#68 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Too bad you can't play it on Wii U. You know, the supposed best console at the moment.

Shut up and go play the game you nasty troll

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#69  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

Just 10 more days...

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Awesome. Definitely my next purchase after MCC. Need a good long RPG to play and replay.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#71 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Unexpected.

Now I just need to find the interest to finish Dragon Age (I'm maybe 6 hours in).

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#72 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

Sweet

After the shitastic 2nd game, I was hoping that Bioware would return the series to its roots.

Definitely a Day 1 buy

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I knew this one wouldn't fail for some time now. just imagine the potential for ME4. Oh daaaaaayum

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#74 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Heh gives me good reason to try to beat Valkyria Chronicles by the 18th.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#76 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

LOL Bioware games.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Great score. Wont bother with it, if at all till next year.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#78  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

I still can't give a shit. Specially after Leliana......................you know.

Divinity OS is all i needed until TW3, POE and Torment. Plus with DS2 and SoM filling the void for action RPGs this year, i'm good.

I just don't can't get interested in the name Dragon Age after DA2. Same for Mass Effect. Really which they'd do another new IP, like that Shadow Realm

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#79 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

While I'm like yay cool, 90+ hours yada yada, I'm not so enticed yet with the fact that the Deep Roads and Fade exist, and knowing this is still Bioware the possibilities of that here with extended playtime scares me.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#80 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Will get it down the line... I'm happy it scored well. People shouldn't expect bad results from a franchise just because their predecessor(s) was bad.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#81  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59114 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Having incredible foresight, rather than looking at number for shallow egotistical self gratification, the review as well as several others where read. They all strived towards the same consensus.

The combat is simplstic and tactics aren't needed.

Being one of the few real pc gamers; who remembers proper CRPG's, this will not be purchased. .

Seems to me your glass is half empty. You look for the bad, never the good. That is a fundamental flaw in human nature.

Indeed. It is sad to be almost consistently factually correct. Low expectations, universally met.

Reading such article comments as below, an example of how lowly accepted standards have become for pc gamers.

Combat is fairly rote. To attack you literally just hold down a button and start swinging away, occasionally triggering one of your special abilities. It feels a bit awkward on mouse and keyboard, but it's not unplayable. Plugging in a controller and playing with the triggers and analogue sticks definitely seems like the preferred control scheme, though.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Unfortunately, I can't buy it for obvious reasons.

wut

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

So happy it didn't fail cuz if it would have, nothing to play until Bloodborne. A nice preview from ign for those still skeptical. This game seems to be bigger than Skyrim lol and that's hot. Im soooooooo getting this on midnight and play the whole thing on Nightmare, can't wait for this one

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#84  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

@dommeus said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Unfortunately, I can't buy it for obvious reasons.

wut

*points to 2013 and the release of Sim City and how it pissed me off more than Capcom's handling of Street Fighter X Tekken*

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#85 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

Ugh...I hate November...unfortunately I won't be getting this immediately. Smash Bros and Persona take priority. At least I have something to look forward to when I get a One.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

I guess this will be another one of those non-games I get for the PS4 this year.

brut_fruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By brut_fruit
Member since 2006 • 125 Posts

ewwww those characters looks hideous

can bioflop even make good looking character?

it looks like bioflop took all the DA2 models and beat the shit

outta each of them with a ugly stick and poof!! DAI

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

Good news for fans.

Still not interested.

From the Eurogamer review.

"Once the shine had worn off though, disappointment began setting in."

"you're an amnesiac hero"

"the threat is basically Oblivion's gates recoloured green"

"The role-playing too, pretty as it is, didn't feel like BioWare. There are straight up MMO style quests, like collecting 10 bits of meat, which at least make sense in context - that you're helping refugees and refugees need food. Others, however, are thrown in with no finesse whatsoever."

"You find a letter that says, in about as many words, "Girls really dig people who can kill bears!" and then ping, your Quest Journal suddenly thinks you're interested in bear-hunting. The first hour of a game is a bad, bad time for it to be resorting to this crap."

"(H)ome of some of the dodgiest accents this side of 'Allo 'Allo."

"The big threat is boring, and it's hard to take everyone seriously when they rattle on about its urgency."

"None of this is remotely deep or strategic. When asked if a situation calls for diplomacy, spies or military strength, any of them will work and few require any more effort on your part than actively not declaring "Zhu Li, do the thing!" at an unlistening monitor."

"Most stories and decisions just provide trinkets or Dragon Age's equivalent of Mass Effect 3's War Assets, though others can unlock their own stories and decisions further down the story."

"Combat tries to offer a similar compromise, though it's not entirely successful."

(refering to the RTwP view) "everyone moves around far too much and too quickly, with mages especially just spamming endless pyrotechnic attacks limited only by a slight cooldown"

"There were many exciting battles on the main story, but none I could say were tactically very interesting, and none of them against one of the oddly unimaginative damage-sponge bosses, with Rift clean-up detail especially wearing out its welcome. Like the equally boring Oblivion gates, every one is basically the same - deal with a couple of demon waves, don't stand on exploding ground, close rift. Yawn."

"At times though, it can still be oddly... not bland as such, but definitely flatter than it should be, with an odd reluctance to follow through on anything that might create a sense of vulnerability or ambiguity."

"Case in point: the Inquisition is constantly sold as being controversial and deeply mistrusted, but in practice just about everyone except all-out evil factions tend to be reasonably happy to see you, and often desperate to sign up. Your first proper enemy meanwhile literally introduces himself by punching a nun in the face."

"Very rarely though are you given a choice whether the best option isn't obvious, and I can't think of a single one that rebounded in an interesting way later on."

"...here the shades of grey are notable by their absence rather than their intrigue, especially in the wake of other recent offerings like The Witcher 2 and Game of Thrones, where decisions constantly have huge implications."

"Here, everything remains insular, confined to its own bit of the story rather than being intertwined and paying off when you least expect it. At least, unless I was just unlucky."

"In BioWare tradition, new party members come thick and fast, but here you also have a team of up to four advisors with their own storylines, a castle full of people, a big board of operations and all kinds of distractions. It's just too much at once, with the inevitable result being that most of the team just ends up standing around waiting to be called on."

"The rest of the team run the gamut from a childlike elf to a mysterious spirit, but having no particular need of them, I had to go out of my way to even say hello."

"BioWare games usually do a great job of making your group feel like family. Here, they were assets."

Looks like another BioWare game to me, in other words, not even worth the installation.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#90 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Never played a DA game since some people I know either love the series or despise it (btw not just DAII).

Whenever I get a much better PC then I'll probably check it out.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#91 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Game look gorgeous its definitely something i'd play but i've only played one dragon age game which i didnt enjoy not sure if i'll like this one or not

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#92  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I think we all need to take a moment to laugh at IGN. There is a huge AC Unity ad behind their Dragon Age review that makes it impossible to read.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#93 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

I think we all need to take a moment to laugh at IGN. There is a huge AC Unity ad behind their Dragon Age review that makes it impossible to read.

Who read reviews anyways? its all about watching the reviews not reading them :P

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#95  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

@-geraltofrivia said:

Shouldof went Witcher 3 route and been dark gritty fantasy with me. Geralt of Rivia.

Agreed, would've been more badass and hardcore. Not for casuals or non contributors, like Lostrib. Right?

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#96 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

The metacritic score is looking great as well. Both PC and PS4 versions are approaching 90. Xbox One has its problems.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

As if BioWare's writing and Asari werent cringe worthy enough, BioWare somehow managed to outdo their already awful writing, in the Iron Bull romanbce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiJYrtbTYMY (spoilers obviously)

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15581 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

@Vaasman said:

First of all, nobody checks user reviews for scores, they are for reading. Player experiences pinpoint various specific perks and flaws that reviews may not address, as website reviews are written for a big picture. For example, in DA2, reviews mentioned repeating dungeons, but it wasn't until players got their hands on it that it was apparent just how blatant and frequent the copy/pasting was.

Second of all, DA:O scored better on PC than both DA2 and, at the current moment, DA3. This is going off of both gamespot and metacritic, since you're adamant on using the latter as your basis for argument. If you want to use MC to argue that DA3 and ME3 are great, you can't then ignore MC when DA:O also scored well and received acclaim, or it destroys the integrity of the argument. Can't have your cake and eat it too I'm afraid.

User scores also means tantrums and whining, or the gamer simply not playing the game he wanted.

And somebody doesn't want to talk about the console versions of DAO...they count too. They were lesser games. And I have seen critics call DAI the best in the series if they compare the games, Take you own advice...because you want to have your cake and eat it too.

For every 10 worthless user reviews you can easily find a useful one, or read forums, blogs, and watch youtube videos that are helpful. Nothing holds that back, and they can be much more useful for discovering specific issues.

And I never even mentioned or argued in favor of the console versions of DA:O, so stop being a fucking idiot. I acknowledge that the console versions exist and are inferior, but the PC version is what is most relevant, given it's score, number of reviews, and vast superiority over the other versions. Even if you include console versions though, they scored in the mid-high AA range, making them better than DA2 by a decent margin.

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#99 rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

@Cloud_imperium: so you've played DAI then???????

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#100 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

a good game....enjoy ps4/x1 and PC master race